FL FL - Vilet Torrez, 38, Miramar, 31 March 2012 *C. Torrez guilty*

The kids were removed Thursday night after a confidential call was made to the Department of Children and Families that said Cid reportedly said he was going to get a gun and end it all.

“I heard exactly that,” Vilet Torrez’s brother, Javier Blanco said. “I’m gonna end it all.”

When pressed further, Blanco said he didn’t hear him say it, which Cid’s attorney said was simply hearsay.

The South Florida Sun-Sentinel reported the couple had an on-and-off relationship in recent months and that Cid sometimes lived elsewhere.

Cid’s family said taking the kids away from their father isn’t fair.

http://miami.cbslocal.com/2012/04/06/dcf-removes-kids-from-home-of-missing-miramar-mom/

Miramar Police searched Cid Torrez's Miramar home and car Thursday and no gun was found, nor had he applied for a weapons permit, his lawyer Alvin Entin said.

Michelle Hester, a Broward Sheriff's investigator with Child Protective Services, called Cid Torrez "a person of interest" [in his wife's disappearance] and testified that the decision to remove the children from their paternal grandparents was based on the allegation made to DCF.

She also testified that she had not interviewed Torrez nor had she done a study of his home.

Entin said his client has not been charged with any crime and that there was no evidence of foul play regarding Vilet Torrez's disappearance.

Cid Torrez, 38, a manager with a dry ice company, will have an hour-long supervised Easter Sunday visit with V, 12; C, 7; and M, 4, at the ChildNet offices in Plantation.

Beginning next week, Torrez will have longer visits with the kids once an independent observer is in place, his lawyer said, and he will also seek full custody.

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/news/br...rrez-shelter-hearing-20120406,0,3686100.story

^^picture of Cid^^

I'm rather surprised that an investigator with CPS has the authority to publicly name a POI in a missing person's case prior to the police stating it as fact.

I'm rather surprised that an investigator with CPS has the authority to publicly name a POI in a missing person's case prior to the police stating it as fact.

More than likely when talking to LE she was told he was a POI which any ex hubbie still in picture would be, coopertive or not.

She may not have realized LE didn't say it to the public.

They don't, IMO. I'm also disturbed by the anonymous call and the hearsay evidence that he had threatened to end his and the children's lives. This is B.S. That's just what the kids don't need, their mother is missing so they're removed from their daddy's care. Double whammy.
LE states that he is not considered a suspect any more than anyone else and that he is cooperating.

They don't, IMO. I'm also disturbed by the anonymous call and the hearsay evidence that he had threatened to end his and the children's lives. This is B.S. That's just what the kids don't need, their mother is missing so they're removed from their daddy's care. Double whammy.
LE states that he is not considered a suspect any more than anyone else and that he is cooperating.

May be a kind of Josh Powell syndrome, better safe than sorry...

There is a very well established link between parental suicidal ideations and filicide. There is also a known correlation between domestic violence and child abuse. So if there is any veracity at all to the CPS allegation, anonymous or not, I think it would be negligent to have any other response than to remove the children until matters can better be sorted.

If he is responsible for his wife's disappearance those children are in danger. While CPS often gets these cases wrong I much prefer they get it wrong and infringe on parental rights rather than getting it wrong and children winding up dead.

Perhaps the family court judge can order a psych eval and child abuse assessment to determine Cid's ability to parent - especially considering the stress he must be experiencing. (Something I feel should happen in all custodial determinations anyway.) I know many will disagree but I find it refreshing to see CPS taking proactive measures in these missing mom cases. JMO

LE testified in court Friday, telling the judge the husband is a 'POI' in his wife's disappearance.

Those bricks LE were looking at in front of her home, had 'dark substance' on them. There's something on the front door or garage door, LE took samples of.

The victim's sister said the couple have had a 'rocky relationship' from the get-go, it wasn't 'easy sailing.'

Watch the video at below link. Very informative. fwiw I'm starting to fear the same old, same old. I'll wait for more to come out.

Wonder if the husband stayed at home the entire night with the children?

:(

JMHO
fran

Missing woman's husband named person of interest

http://www.wsvn.com/news/articles/l...ing-woman-s-husband-named-person-of-interest/

Sounds to me like these two families, his and hers, are warring with each other. I just think they need a little more evidence to be able to remove the kids from the home. If more than one person actually heard him say it, good. If it's an angry in-law, they could be making it up.
And I do know that distraught people will sometimes say things, make threats, that they end up regretting later on. I doubt that he intends to harm his kids but I could be wrong. But if CPS starts taking away people's kids any time one or another parent goes missing, it's going to be a huge mess. I don't think there are that many foster families in this country. But I guess in this case, her parents have them. At least they're with someone familiar.

Sounds to me like these two families, his and hers, are warring with each other. I just think they need a little more evidence to be able to remove the kids from the home. If more than one person actually heard him say it, good. If it's an angry in-law, they could be making it up.
And I do know that distraught people will sometimes say things, make threats, that they end up regretting later on. I doubt that he intends to harm his kids but I could be wrong. But if CPS starts taking away people's kids any time one or another parent goes missing, it's going to be a huge mess. I don't think there are that many foster families in this country. But I guess in this case, her parents have them. At least they're with someone familiar.

Now that he is a POI, I think it is better to be safe, and probably, LE already knew whatever it is that is leading them to name him as a POI, when they removed the kids. I think that for a while, at least, we are probably going to see CPS/LE erring on the side of caution...JMO

Now that he is a POI, I think it is better to be safe, and probably, LE already knew whatever it is that is leading them to name him as a POI, when they removed the kids. I think that for a while, at least, we are probably going to see CPS/LE erring on the side of caution...JMO

Those kids don't need to be 'josh powelled'; I'm glad they are safe.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
branditau.wareham72@gmail
Back