Websleuths
Go Back   Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community > Crimes and Trials > Trials > George Zimmerman Trial/Trayvon Martin > George Zimmerman/Trayvon Martin General Discussion threads

Notices

George Zimmerman/Trayvon Martin General Discussion threads All closed discussion threads about George Zimmerman and Trayvon Martin.Not open for posting- but there is plenty of reading.


Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 04-13-2012, 11:03 AM
imamaze's Avatar
imamaze imamaze is offline
WS Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Indy
Posts: 19,193
17 yo Trayvon Martin Shot to Death by Neighborhood Watch Captain #24

Please continue here.
Remember the rules:
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=159
Remember the "ignore" feature on your profile page.
Please stick with the facts as reported by LE or MSM, and link them. Link them often if necessary.
Please clearly state when it is your opinion. If you are making an inference please clearly outline and link the facts and evidence that have led you to form that inference. Wild speculation about any case player has no place here.
Please PM a mod with any questions or concerns and alert any TOS violations or offensive posts.
And finally, PLEASE address one another respectfully. Last reminder.

Blogs and Twitter links and discussion of them are allowed only if it's an approved WS link or a link from main stream media (MSM).


Thread #1
Thread #2
Thread #3
Thread #4
Thread #5

Thread #6
Thread #7
Thread #8
Thread #9

Thread #10

Thread #11

Thread #12

Thread #13

Thread #14

Thread #15

Thread #16

Thread #17

Thread #18

Thread #19

Thread #20

Thread #21

Thread #22

Thread #23


Just a reminder:
WS does not permit links that request or suggest sending donations without the clear permission of the owners . This is to protect our members and for no other reason.
__________________

In this public forum, we need to stick to the facts of this case and that's our discussion here. Please, we ask that you do what you do best - SLEUTH THE CASE.

Looking for news links? Have you found a good MSM story you'd like to share? Please post these links in the
Media Links No Discussion thread


SOUND OFF Private Forum Companion Thread
Anyone feeling overheated or wishing to discuss the demonstrations, political, religious or racial aspects of the Trayvon Martin case, please check out our new forum in the private area of Websleuths accessible only to Websleuths members, called SOUND OFF.
Warning: Be sure to read the Required Read sticky post.
Link to Trayvon Martin Sound Off
  #2  
Old 04-13-2012, 11:08 AM
Adrienne37 Adrienne37 is offline
Former Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 3,267
Zimmerman to seek bond in Trayvon Martin case

A bond hearing has been tentatively scheduled to begin at 9 a.m. on April 20, said Mark O'Mara, Zimmerman's attorney.

http://www.local10.com/news/Zimmerma...34/-/braic0/-/
  #3  
Old 04-13-2012, 11:09 AM
Aedrys's Avatar
Aedrys Aedrys is offline
If justice doesn't get you, karma will.
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Oklahoma
Posts: 6,719
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adrienne37 View Post
Zimmerman to seek bond in Trayvon Martin case

A bond hearing has been tentatively scheduled to begin at 9 a.m. on April 20, said Mark O'Mara, Zimmerman's attorney.

http://www.local10.com/news/Zimmerma...34/-/braic0/-/
I honestly think he's much safer in jail right now. He really should not get bond for his own safety, IMO.
  #4  
Old 04-13-2012, 11:13 AM
Adrienne37 Adrienne37 is offline
Former Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 3,267
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aedrys View Post
I honestly think he's much safer in jail right now. He really should not get bond for his own safety, IMO.
I agree but he also should not get bond because he has been accused of committing second degree murder.


~jmo~
  #5  
Old 04-13-2012, 11:16 AM
jaded cat's Avatar
jaded cat jaded cat is offline
Usually out just horsin' around!
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Oregon
Posts: 444
From the previous thread about GZ's height and weight.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/...topNews&rpc=71

This article lists his height as 5'10". So it appears there are 2 different articles with conflicting info. I'm a little whacky sometimes but I knew I wasn't crazy.
__________________
All my posts are MOO!

Halt, face away from me and put the Occam's Razor on the ground now; put your hands on your head and interlace your fingers behind your head.

"Ethics is knowing the difference between what you have a right to do and what is the right thing to do."-Justice Potter Stewart, US Supreme Court Justice 1915-1985
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to jaded cat For This Useful Post:
  #6  
Old 04-13-2012, 11:19 AM
songline's Avatar
songline songline is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Manhattan, NY
Posts: 20,389
A feeling I have is there is a camp that has already triad Zimmerman,
they will say he has too much money in his canteen, does not need bond,
He is guilty just because he got out of the car, end of story.

I pray that the justice system will do much much better than that.

I am very eager for some of the facts that we do not have. I heard enough opinions
__________________
Women are Angels.
And when someone breaks our wings,
we simply continue to fly... on a broomstick.

We're flexible like that.
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to songline For This Useful Post:
  #7  
Old 04-13-2012, 11:19 AM
Phoenixfla's Avatar
Phoenixfla Phoenixfla is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 550
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aedrys View Post
No when one of those people have a GUN. Guns don't have to touch a person to hurt them, just have the trigger pulled. This wasn't a fist fight. This was one person with a gun confronting another person. The person with the gun is the one who chooses to pull the trigger. TM could not make GZ shoot him. And how is TM supposed to a defuse a gun in his face?
There is NO evidence that GZ drew his gun anytime before he was on the ground on his back. If you have some evidence to the contrary, please share. Would you say "You got a problem?" to someone pointing a gun at you? I contend that the gun was holstered right up to the point it was drawn and immediately used to stop the alleged attack on GZ.
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Phoenixfla For This Useful Post:
  #8  
Old 04-13-2012, 11:20 AM
tpgks tpgks is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: 75002
Posts: 129
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adrienne37 View Post
I agree but he also should not get bond because he has been accused of committing second degree murder.


~jmo~
That damn eighth amendment and hundreds of years of court rulings!
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to tpgks For This Useful Post:
  #9  
Old 04-13-2012, 11:21 AM
Cher352's Avatar
Cher352 Cher352 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Central FL
Posts: 2,385
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaded cat View Post
From the previous thread about GZ's height and weight.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/...topNews&rpc=71

This article lists his height as 5'10". So it appears there are 2 different articles with conflicting info. I'm a little whacky sometimes but I knew I wasn't crazy.
Maybe we should go for the best 2 out of 3...
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Cher352 For This Useful Post:
  #10  
Old 04-13-2012, 11:21 AM
Phoenixfla's Avatar
Phoenixfla Phoenixfla is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 550
Quote:
Originally Posted by songline View Post
A feeling I have is there is a camp that has already triad Zimmerman,
they will say he has too much money in his canteen, does not need bond,
He is guilty just because he got out of the car, end of story.

I pray that the justice system will do much much better than that.

I am very eager for some of the facts that we do not have. I heard enough opinions

I agree. I think that is is a shame that someone died. I feel awful for the family for their loss, but at least let all the facts come out before the electric chair is plugged in.
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Phoenixfla For This Useful Post:
  #11  
Old 04-13-2012, 11:25 AM
Elley Mae's Avatar
Elley Mae Elley Mae is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 7,999
http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-504083_1...0-lawyer-says/

For all the relief among civil rights activists over the arrest, legal experts warned there is a real chance the case could get thrown out before it ever goes to trial because of the "stand your ground" law.
The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to Elley Mae For This Useful Post:
  #12  
Old 04-13-2012, 11:25 AM
LolaMoon08's Avatar
LolaMoon08 LolaMoon08 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Florida
Posts: 6,533
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenixfla View Post
There is NO evidence that GZ drew his gun anytime before he was on the ground on his back. If you have some evidence to the contrary, please share. Would you say "You got a problem?" to someone pointing a gun at you? I contend that the gun was holstered right up to the point it was drawn and immediately used to stop the alleged attack on GZ.
I think that the information, which I don't have a link because it was on television, comes from Robert Zimmerman Sr. He stated that Trayvon was trying to get George's gun. In order to try and get George's gun, Trayvon would have to know George had a gun.

IMO, even before Robert Zimmerman Sr. said this, I believed that they were wrestling over that gun. I believe that when George caught back up with Trayvon, Trayvon asks "Why are you following me/What's your problem?" (there's two different versions?) and that is when George pulled or at least reached for the gun and said "What are you doing here/Nothing. I don't have a problem?" (Again, two different versions).

I believe that the only reason that there was any physical altercation was because George made it known that he had that gun.

MOO
__________________
Justice for Trayvon
  #13  
Old 04-13-2012, 11:27 AM
octobermoon's Avatar
octobermoon octobermoon is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 3,467
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenixfla View Post
I agree. I think that is is a shame that someone died. I feel awful for the family for their loss, but at least let all the facts come out before the electric chair is plugged in.
He wouldn't get the death penalty if he is convicted. This is only a message board. Not a jury room. IMO JMO MOO
__________________
Justice for Caylee

"We have a different stage. We have the same actress," Sheaffer said.
  #14  
Old 04-13-2012, 11:27 AM
Isabelle's Avatar
Isabelle Isabelle is offline
Verified registered nurse
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 6,929
If GZ is offered and accepts a plea and documents remain sealed, what will the parents have to do to get a copy of the autopsy?
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Isabelle For This Useful Post:
  #15  
Old 04-13-2012, 11:28 AM
momshrink momshrink is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 650
I think he is much safer in custody. I would be concerned if he is released because IMO he seems impulsive. Because of this I would be concerned about attempted suicide or self-harming behaviors or that he may attempt flight to escape the situation.
IMO is is very afraid of what will happen to him and will look for relief from the situation without considering the consequences.
IMO he seems very self-focused and unaware of others feelings or thoughts which makes it difficult for him to accept or even to process the advice of others.
IMO he seems to have no psychological disorder and seemed to know right from wrong at the time of the crime.
I really hope he is kept in custody where he is safe from himself.
IMO, JMO
__________________
Casey Anthony: She lies; we listen; itís exhausting

Last edited by momshrink; 04-13-2012 at 12:01 PM. Reason: spelling
  #16  
Old 04-13-2012, 11:29 AM
nomoresorrow's Avatar
nomoresorrow nomoresorrow is offline
Scars remind us where we've been. They don't have to dictate where we're going.
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 3,239
Carrying over from thread #23...

(BBM)
Quote:
Originally posted by Songline:
And the one that tried to get into Franks house that was not cought.
would make it 4.
I see 50%
"the one"? Is this referring to AND assuming it was an AA? TIA!
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to nomoresorrow For This Useful Post:
  #17  
Old 04-13-2012, 11:30 AM
LolaMoon08's Avatar
LolaMoon08 LolaMoon08 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Florida
Posts: 6,533
I think that he is much safer in custody too, but if he does get bond, I won't be angry? He will be told he is not allowed to drink/do drugs and it's banned from having a gun in the house.
__________________
Justice for Trayvon
  #18  
Old 04-13-2012, 11:33 AM
LolaMoon08's Avatar
LolaMoon08 LolaMoon08 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Florida
Posts: 6,533
Quote:
Originally Posted by momshrink View Post
I think he is much safer in custody. I would be concerned if he is released because IMO he seems impulsive. Because of this I would be concerned about attempted suicide or self-harming behaviors or that he may attempt flight to escape the situation.
IMO is is very afraid of what will happen to him and will look for relief from the situation without considering the consequences.
IMO he seems very self-focused and unaware of others feelings or thoughts which makes it difficult for him to accept or even to process the advice of others.
IMO he seems to have no psychological disorder and seemed to know right from wrong at the time of the crime.
I really hope he is keep in custody where he is safe from himself.
IMO, JMO
Maybe he can go to some kind of program to get help for his issues while he is out on bond? I know he won't be able to have a gun because of the other Florida case. Remember LE found out GA had purchased a gun and they went and confiscated it?
__________________
Justice for Trayvon
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to LolaMoon08 For This Useful Post:
  #19  
Old 04-13-2012, 11:33 AM
waltzingmatilda's Avatar
waltzingmatilda waltzingmatilda is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: in the moment
Posts: 5,727
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/47038437...ew_york_times/
__________________
...and be sure your sin will find you out.

Numbers,32:23
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to waltzingmatilda For This Useful Post:
  #20  
Old 04-13-2012, 11:34 AM
nomoresorrow's Avatar
nomoresorrow nomoresorrow is offline
Scars remind us where we've been. They don't have to dictate where we're going.
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 3,239
Quote:
Originally Posted by songline View Post
A feeling I have is there is a camp that has already triad Zimmerman,
they will say he has too much money in his canteen, does not need bond,
He is guilty just because he got out of the car, end of story.

I pray that the justice system will do much much better than that.

I am very eager for some of the facts that we do not have. I heard enough opinions
Likewise, since you brought up "camps", there seems to be "a camp" who has an excuse and innocent explanation for everything pertaining to GZ's actions - even his thought-process(es). JMO~
  #21  
Old 04-13-2012, 11:34 AM
Phoenixfla's Avatar
Phoenixfla Phoenixfla is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 550
Quote:
Originally Posted by LolaMoon08 View Post
I believe that the only reason that there was any physical altercation was because George made it known that he had that gun.
That just does not add up. I'll tell ya, if someone has a gun pointed at me, i'm doing what they say, regardless of if I think they are right or wrong. The LAST thing I would do is come at the person. With a gun pointed at me the NUMBER ONE thing I would be thinking is "DIFFUSE THE SITUATION" Then wait for the police and tell the police that "this guy pulled a gun on me, I live here have every right to be here and is brandished a gun on me for no reason"
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Phoenixfla For This Useful Post:
  #22  
Old 04-13-2012, 11:37 AM
Phoenixfla's Avatar
Phoenixfla Phoenixfla is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 550
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by octobermoon View Post
He wouldn't get the death penalty if he is convicted. This is only a message board. Not a jury room. IMO JMO MOO
I understand. Rarely do I post sarcasm, because it is often misinterperted, but it got the better of me in this post.
The Following User Says Thank You to Phoenixfla For This Useful Post:
  #23  
Old 04-13-2012, 11:38 AM
LolaMoon08's Avatar
LolaMoon08 LolaMoon08 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Florida
Posts: 6,533
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elley Mae View Post
http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-504083_1...0-lawyer-says/

For all the relief among civil rights activists over the arrest, legal experts warned there is a real chance the case could get thrown out before it ever goes to trial because of the "stand your ground" law.
Trayvon's parents stated that they would respect what the court's decide. All they wanted was an arrest and for the court's to decide. I am sure they are very aware of this case potentially being thrown out based on SYG laws. However, their fight will continue because they will make sure that the SYG laws are better defined. Even the people who made the SYG laws say that what GZ did was not protected under the SYG laws... so obviously... changes need to be made if he is.

I personally will be standing right there beside them in their quest for justice. Justice may very well be George Zimmerman walking free... but Trayvon's case goes much further than George Zimmerman's arrest/conviction. Steps need to be taken to make sure something like this never happens again and that people like GZ do not slip through the cracks because our laws are not better defined.

MOO
__________________
Justice for Trayvon
  #24  
Old 04-13-2012, 11:38 AM
Adrienne37 Adrienne37 is offline
Former Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 3,267
Quote:
Originally Posted by LolaMoon08 View Post
I think that he is much safer in custody too, but if he does get bond, I won't be angry? He will be told he is not allowed to drink/do drugs and it's banned from having a gun in the house.
I appreciate your compassion Lola. I have none for the man and it's my personal opinion that he deserves to sit in jail and not be allowed bond. Trayvon is laying in a mausoleum and will remain there forever because of this man. He doesn't deserve to get out and be free to do whatever he wants to do. He deserves to be right where he's at until such time that a jury reaches a verdict.


~jmo~
The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to Adrienne37 For This Useful Post:
  #25  
Old 04-13-2012, 11:42 AM
krkrjx krkrjx is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 3,104
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elley Mae View Post
http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-504083_1...0-lawyer-says/

For all the relief among civil rights activists over the arrest, legal experts warned there is a real chance the case could get thrown out before it ever goes to trial because of the "stand your ground" law.
Well, I hope all the known facts are considered before it is decided that GZ's actions are covered by the SYG law. I am not sure that he would be convicted if he went to trial but with the actual facts we have now (which are few) I do not believe Stand Your Ground applies in this case. GZ followed Trayvon. He admits he followed Trayvon.

I would rather see GZ acquitted after a trial than have a judge decide now that it is OK in Florida for a person to actively pursue another person and then shoot their way out of the situation that they initiated. The SYG law states you cannot do that, so if this is thrown out of court before it goes anywhere, heaven help us all.
Closed Thread

Bookmarks

Tags
2nd degree murder, profiling, trayvon martin murder, unarmed

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
17 yo Trayvon Martin Shot to Death by Neighborhood Watch Captain #19 imamaze George Zimmerman/Trayvon Martin General Discussion threads 1058 04-09-2012 07:05 PM
FL 17 y/o Trayvon Martin Shot to Death by Neighborhood Watch Captain #12 ynotdivein George Zimmerman/Trayvon Martin General Discussion threads 934 03-31-2012 09:12 PM
FL 17 yo Trayvon Martin Shot to Death by Neighborhood Watch Captain #11 beach George Zimmerman/Trayvon Martin General Discussion threads 1090 03-31-2012 08:26 AM
17 yo Trayvon Martin Shot to Death by Neighborhood Watch Captain #10 beach George Zimmerman/Trayvon Martin General Discussion threads 1062 03-30-2012 12:15 PM
17 yo Trayvon Martin Shot to Death by Neighborhood Watch Captain #9 ynotdivein George Zimmerman/Trayvon Martin General Discussion threads 1763 03-29-2012 08:17 PM


© Copyright Websleuths 1999-2012 New To Site? Need Help?
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:13 PM.

Advertisements

Pre-Order Imperfect Justice: Prosecuting Casey Anthony today!