Websleuths
Go Back   Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community > Current Events > Crimes-Spotlight on Children

Notices

Crimes-Spotlight on Children Discussion related to crimes against children.

Old 04-16-2012, 03:15 PM
What happened to Nancy Jenkins?

Las Vegas - Boy to school officials: Mom, sister dead at home

http://www.wfmj.com/story/17462929/b...r-dead-at-home

Quote:
Las Vegas police say the bodies of two people were found in a house after a 9-year-old boy told officials at a nearby school that his mother and sister were dead.
The Following 19 Users Say Thank You to longtallcold For This Useful Post:
Old 04-16-2012, 11:57 PM

Very weird story!
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to rabidstoat For This Useful Post:
Old 04-17-2012, 03:36 PM

Victims identified

http://www.ktnv.com/news/local/147694925.html
Old 04-17-2012, 10:29 PM
These boys are my heartstrings!

http://abcnews.go.com/US/las-vegas-d...ry?id=16156296

No Arrest in Las Vegas Family Massacre Reported to School by Young Boy

Quote:
When authorities arrived at the house, about a half mile from the Mabel Hoggard Elementary School that the boy attended, they discovered the bodies of the his 10-year-old sister and mother.
Quote:
HIs 4-year-old brother, who was distressed but unharmed, was also at the house, along with a wounded man covered in blood.

Police will not specify how the man is related to the family, but Martin said, "It appears to be a single family." The man was not arrested or charged and police would not specify how he was wounded.

"An injured male was also taken into custody," Martin said. "That male has been hospitalized and he is not charged with anything as of yet. There is nothing to say that he definitely committed the acts or did not."
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Lovejac For This Useful Post:
Old 04-17-2012, 10:35 PM
Verified Juanette

wow.

Those poor little boys. I hope they are somewhere safe right now.
Old 04-19-2012, 08:53 PM

An article in Huffington Post is making it sound like the dad, who survived, may be a POI...without really saying so...

I can't copy and the paste the link for some reason, it is under the "Crimes" section...
Old 04-19-2012, 09:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cluciano63 View Post
An article in Huffington Post is making it sound like the dad, who survived, may be a POI...without really saying so...

I can't copy and the paste the link for some reason, it is under the "Crimes" section...
I can't imagine it's the father as the 10 year old girl was savagely raped and murdered (doesn't sound like something a father would do - but I guess you never know).

What I find interesting is both the mother (murdered) and father (in critical condition with severe injuries) are both martial arts professionals (father manages a studio). Who in the heck would break into a house with 2 martial arts experts? And beat them unmercifully (and fatally).
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to BrownRice For This Useful Post:
Old 04-19-2012, 09:21 PM

Quote:

thanks cluciano. I found it and hopefully it will let me paste the link below.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/0...html?ref=crime
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Lovejac For This Useful Post:
Old 04-19-2012, 09:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrownRice View Post
I can't imagine it's the father as the 10 year old girl was savagely raped and murdered (doesn't sound like something a father would do - but I guess you never know).

What I find interesting is both the mother (murdered) and father (in critical condition with severe injuries) are both martial arts professionals (father manages a studio). Who in the heck would break into a house with 2 martial arts experts? And beat them unmercifully (and fatally).
The article I read said the mom was beaten and the dad injured but did not specify...LE saying no sign of an intruder...

Will try again to link it...

But wouldn't an intruder make sure the dad was dead? Apparently he was a boxer and a tough guy...JMO
Old 04-19-2012, 09:41 PM

this poor little girl was sexually assaulted - I would hope DNA results would quickly eliminate the father. I really don't want to think and won't make any assumptions. There are some pretty evil people out there.

My prayers to the little boys and the victims.

MOO

Mel
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Melanie For This Useful Post:
Old 04-19-2012, 09:52 PM

Quote:
The article I read said the mom was beaten and the dad injured but did not specify...LE saying no sign of an intruder...

Will try again to link it...

But wouldn't an intruder make sure the dad was dead? Apparently he was a boxer and a tough guy...JMO
Read the local news at www.lvrj.com for more detailed info. It's horrible.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to BrownRice For This Useful Post:
Old 04-19-2012, 10:02 PM

I hope they can clear the dad soon...
Old 04-19-2012, 11:24 PM

My hinky meter is telling me it isn't the father. The daughter is a beautiful young girl, and it almost has a ring of the Petit family killings.

Martinez, who was critically injured and unable to speak to detectives, is being treated at University Medical Center and is in protective custody.

Of course, MOO.

Mel
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Melanie For This Useful Post:
Old 04-19-2012, 11:36 PM

Where on earth do rumors come from in these cases? LE is denying that the boy said his father did it...why are they having to deny this? Who started it? And LE is trying hard not to say that there was no intruder but already had said it did not look like there was an intruder...IMO LE should not speak too early if they are not sure. There is already a lot of confusion and rumors being printed.

Seems like every current case right now is full of bad reporting, contradictions and rumors...why can't reporters take a few extra minutes and check their story before hitting "send"? I really get annoyed by this constant rush to "print"...

Hope they can get some quick forensic turnaround and announce that the Dad is not a suspect soon...JMO
Old 04-20-2012, 12:55 AM
Karma - The Great Equalizer

This whole case is so bizarre. LE just left that house today - having been there since Monday. I just don't believe the father is the killer. He's terribly injured and the murder weapon hasn't been found.

http://www.lvrj.com/news/police-boy-...148004695.html

A 10-year-old girl who was beaten to death in a brutal double slaying this week also had been raped, sources said Wednesday.

Multiple law enforcement sources confirmed that Karla Martinez was raped and killed in her home sometime between Sunday morning and Monday morning.
Old 04-20-2012, 10:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fairy1 View Post
This whole case is so bizarre. LE just left that house today - having been there since Monday. I just don't believe the father is the killer. He's terribly injured and the murder weapon hasn't been found.

A 10-year-old girl who was beaten to death in a brutal double slaying this week also had been raped, sources said Wednesday.

Multiple law enforcement sources confirmed that Karla Martinez was raped and killed in her home sometime between Sunday morning and Monday morning.
ITA. One of the articles stated he was in the hospital with a serious head injury.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Lovejac For This Useful Post:
Old 04-20-2012, 11:56 AM
It may be the cock that crows, but it is the hen that lays the eggs.

Horrific. Had to be someone or people they knew...maybe from the gym? I'm puzzled as to why the son didn't call LE instead of waiting till he went to school? Just bizarre and very lucky that the 2 boys weren't killed also. I think there had to be more than one perp and one heck of a fight put up by the sounds of the investigation. Rings of the Gee case in IL. imo
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to hollyblue For This Useful Post:
Old 04-20-2012, 12:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hollyblue View Post
Horrific. Had to be someone or people they knew...maybe from the gym? I'm puzzled as to why the son didn't call LE instead of waiting till he went to school? Just bizarre and very lucky that the 2 boys weren't killed also. I think there had to be more than one perp and one heck of a fight put up by the sounds of the investigation. Rings of the Gee case in IL. imo
Maybe there was no phone?
Old 04-20-2012, 03:38 PM

I am thinking someone from a rival gym - someone with a bad attitude who was thrashed in a competition.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to stillwatersc For This Useful Post:
Old 04-20-2012, 03:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shelby2 View Post
Maybe there was no phone?
The perp(s) could have taken the phone(s).
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to stillwatersc For This Useful Post:
Old 04-20-2012, 05:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stillwatersc View Post
I am thinking someone from a rival gym - someone with a bad attitude who was thrashed in a competition.
I'd go there, if not for the rape and murder of the little girl. It takes a special kind of monster to do that. Someone with the personality of Joseph Duncan.

Ughhh!

MOO

Mel
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Melanie For This Useful Post:
Old 04-25-2012, 12:26 AM

I have been checking LV papers every day and nothing...what is going on here??
Old 04-25-2012, 09:00 AM

Quote:
I have been checking LV papers every day and nothing...what is going on here??
BBM

I'm wondering the same thing. I've been searching online every day for more news, and nothing new.

I hate to be so cynical and awful, but under the circumstances some bad thoughts are going through my head, and it would be nice to see some information released that proves me wrong...
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Lanie For This Useful Post:
Old 04-25-2012, 09:46 AM
A diamond in process

Quote:

IMO the most telling statement is from this article

Quote:
The 9-year-old boy, as well as a 4-year-old boy found at the bloody crime scene, were taken into custody by child welfare officials. A source said the shell-shocked children might have been in the home with their dead family members for more than 24 hours.
If the deaths occurred more than 24 hours before, Mom and sis were dead.... father injured why would the kid not go for help earlier? Unless someone was preventing him from going. And if there was an intruder/killer that means the intruder/killer knew the father was alive. Why would an intruder/killer leave the father and son alive as witnesses? Why take a chance that the father/defender of the home would come after the intruder? That 24 hour period to me indicates that IMO father did it. He prevented the boy from going for help, probably while he cooked up a good story. When he thought he firgured it out, he sent the boy for help.

Yes father was injured too. But that could have been either a suicide attempt or self inflicted. Wouldn't be the first time a domestic inflicted their own injuries either in an attempt at suicide or to give some support to a story that someone else broke in a killed the family members. Or it could have been the result of the mother catching the father raping daughter. She could have gone after him with the hammer and he took it away from her then used it on her.

Kid knew when he went to the school that Mom and Sis were dead. So it was over by the time he left. He left the 4 year old at home, to me that indicates that likely father was concious when he left. Otherwise he would have taken the little brother with him.

IMO the story the father will give is an intruder, broke in tied him and boys up, raped the daughter, killed the mother and it took them that long to get free. But IMO the story the boy will tell is that father did it, father kept him from going for help.

However LE won't confirm that until they get some forensic testing done to prove it and until they can interview the father and the kids. They don't want defense attorney saying there was a rush to judgement and accusation.

There is one very remote possibility...... if they were in the country illegally, and if they had fallen behind on their payments to the smugglers it has been known for the smugglers to do similar crimes in order to send a message about what happens when you don't pay up. The smugglers try to make sure suspicion falls on father. But that is a pretty remote possibility.

Why is it that when a custodial parent fails to provide for a child it is called neglect and is a criminal matter. But when a non custodial parent fails to provide it is called failure to support and is a civil matter?

"Just when the caterpillar thought its world was over, it became a butterfly" ~ Michelle Knight
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to mysteriew For This Useful Post:
Old 04-25-2012, 12:51 PM
DV Advocate

Quote:

Multiple law enforcement sources confirmed that ********** was raped and killed in her home sometime between Sunday morning and Monday morning.
I am curious why a 10 year old rape/murder victim is named in the story. [I have redacted her name because that's just my way of thinking] Is it because she is deceased? It just bothers me to read that. IMHO

http://grandmotherscouncil.org/
My Facebook page; I am grateful for the fact that two people who joined had colonoscopies, discovered cancer and are on the way to healing through treatment. Colonoscopies save lives!

www.facebook.com/WaitWhereAmIGoing
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Jacie Estes For This Useful Post: