Websleuths
Go Back   Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community > Current Events > Bizarre and Off-Beat News

Notices

Bizarre and Off-Beat News Strange news stories!

Old 04-26-2012, 06:23 AM
Adji Desir, missing from Florida since January 2009

Woman starved to death on 'light' diet

A Swiss woman starved to death after believing she could survive on light alone.

The woman embarked on the diet after watching the controversial 2010 documentary film "In the beginning there was light," newspaper Tages Anzeiger reported Wednesday.

The movie centers on Swiss chemistry doctor Michael Werner, 62, and 83-year-old Indian yogi Prahlad Jani, who both claimed to derive sustenance from spiritual means rather than the intake of food -- a concept also known as breatharianism.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/health/2012/0...#ixzz1t8mqC2PG
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Donjeta For This Useful Post:
Old 04-26-2012, 10:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donjeta View Post
A Swiss woman starved to death after believing she could survive on light alone.

The woman embarked on the diet after watching the controversial 2010 documentary film "In the beginning there was light," newspaper Tages Anzeiger reported Wednesday.

The movie centers on Swiss chemistry doctor Michael Werner, 62, and 83-year-old Indian yogi Prahlad Jani, who both claimed to derive sustenance from spiritual means rather than the intake of food -- a concept also known as breatharianism.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/health/2012/0...#ixzz1t8mqC2PG
You can live on sunlight.......for a little while. Someone should have called for help.
The Following User Says Thank You to TrackerSam For This Useful Post:
Old 04-26-2012, 10:42 AM
Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light

Now that's just craziness.

Justice for Travis

Sometimes the first step towards forgiveness is understanding that the other person is a complete idiot.
The Following User Says Thank You to Hopeful One For This Useful Post:
Old 04-26-2012, 11:26 AM
A diamond in process

Will ya all leave me alone. I am gorging myself on air. Going to ingest some sun later for dessert.

Darwinism at it's finest.

Why is it that when a custodial parent fails to provide for a child it is called neglect and is a criminal matter. But when a non custodial parent fails to provide it is called failure to support and is a civil matter?

"Just when the caterpillar thought its world was over, it became a butterfly" ~ Michelle Knight
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mysteriew For This Useful Post:
Old 04-26-2012, 11:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mysteriew View Post
Will ya all leave me alone. I am gorging myself on air. Going to ingest some sun later for dessert.

Darwinism at it's finest.
Then may I suggest L.A. or Tokyo. Now there's some meaty air you can chomp on.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TrackerSam For This Useful Post:
Old 04-26-2012, 12:51 PM

Oh good grief.

Best-
Herding Cats
Disclaimer: while I have graduated nursing school and hold a degree in nursing, I am not yet licensed due to circumstances outside of my control. Therefore, if I say anything which could possibly be considered medical advice, or if I explain anything related to anatomy, physiology, medicine, medication, or anything related to nursing, please be aware that I do not yet hold a nursing license. Please always, always talk to your personal doctor, and follow their directions as to medication, disease process, and procedures. Please also follow the TOS in regards to all unverified posters. Thank you!
The Following User Says Thank You to Herding Cats For This Useful Post: