Websleuths
Go Back   Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community > Missing!! > Located Forum Discussion

Notices

Located Forum Discussion Discussion for those who were missing and are now located

Old 04-26-2012, 04:57 PM

A few new details in this Fallbrook Local News Paper

Marine pleads not guilty to murder in Brittany Killgore case; D.A. says victim's blood and weapon found in marine's vehicle

Monday, April 16th, 2012
Issue 16, Volume 16.

VISTA (Wire Service) - A veteran Camp Pendleton Marine accused in the death of a 22-year-old military wife who went missing after a planned night on the town pleaded not guilty today (April 26) to a murder charge.

Staff Sgt. Louis Ray Perez, 45, was ordered held on $3 million bail in the death of Brittany Killgore of Fallbrook.

Perez - a 16-year Marine - was arraigned last week on charges he stole a weapon and a motorcycle from a trailer at Camp Pendleton and was described by prosecutors at the time as a "person of interest" in Killgore's death.

Today, Deputy District Attorney Patrick Espinoza told Vista Superior Court Judge Kimberlee Lagotta that Killgore was supposed to go out in downtown San Diego the night of April 13 with Perez and another woman, but the other woman backed out.

Later that night, Killgore sent a text message to a friend saying she was in distress and needed help, Espinoza said.

Investigators subsequently contacted Perez, who said he dropped off Killgore downtown, when he in fact was in Fallbrook, according to the prosecutor. Police searched Perez's vehicle and found the victim's blood and a weapon, Espinoza told the judge. Killgore's body was found April 17 in southern Riverside County near Lake Skinner.

Perez's roommate, 25-year-old Jessica Lynn Lopez, is also charged with Killgore's murder.

Perez's attorney, Jeff Reichert, told the judge that a note found when a suicidal Lopez was arrested in a Point Loma motel room exonerates his client.

According to Reichert, the note written by Lopez indicates she killed Killgore and that Perez had nothing to do with the homicide.

But Lagotta, who agreed to keep the note under seal, said Perez represented a "serious danger" to the community and was deserving of high bail.

Espinoza refused to comment on reports that Perez had an interest in sadomasochism and bondage or how that may or may not tie into the case.

LINK: http://www.thevillagenews.com/story/63189/
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to KALI For This Useful Post:
Old 04-26-2012, 05:17 PM
Verified Attorney

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rose13 View Post
Like PrairieWind I agree Chanler . Lets see what is said at his arraignment today. I wonder if a few more little details will be let out during his brief time in court. There has to be a heck of a lot of evidence against those two, hopefully it goes to trial fairly quickly. Lopez' court date is May 2nd to rule if there's sufficient evidence to take it to trial. I think we'll learn A LOT of details that day.
I wouldnt bet on it getting to trial anytime soon. There was the murder of Marine Sgt Jan Pietrzak and his wife Quiana by 3 other Marines there in San Diego. That was over 3 and half years ago and they still dont have trial dates.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PrairieWind For This Useful Post:
Old 04-26-2012, 05:31 PM
Verified Attorney

Perez's attorney, Jeff Reichert, told the judge that a note found when a suicidal Lopez was arrested in a Point Loma motel room exonerates his client.

According to Reichert, the note written by Lopez indicates she killed Killgore and that Perez had nothing to do with the homicide

This is all according to the defense attorney. However, the blood in his car; he was last one known to be with Brittany; he has been uncooperative in the investigation allegedly. I'm guessing he had a pretty big role in her dissapperance if not her murder.
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to PrairieWind For This Useful Post:
Old 04-26-2012, 09:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrairieWind View Post

According to Reichert, the note written by Lopez indicates she killed Killgore and that Perez had nothing to do with the homicide

This is all according to the defense attorney. However, the blood in his car; he was last one known to be with Brittany; he has been uncooperative in the investigation allegedly. I'm guessing he had a pretty big role in her dissapperance if not her murder.
Hi, PrairieWind. At this juncture, the core question seems to be about Ms. Lopez's emotional state. At very least, she seems not to be a well-balanced, well-adjusted person; she is not just a slave; she is a slave of a slave.

She attempted suicide in what seems to have been an inept way. When she did so, Mr. Perez was already in custody as a person of interest in the murder. If, as the defense lawyer asserts, she exonerated him in the suicide arise:

Did she do so by mentioning him specifically or implicitly? Or is this simply another ploy by Perez's lawyer, who has already done his best to present his client as an average married guy unconnected to any scene.

Was Lopez in effect falling on the sword for the sake of her master (or more specifically, her master's master)? In one picture distributed on Perez's domination, a woman with a physique that closely resembles her looks up submissively at him.

Does anything at all except her statement indicate that she even encountered Killgore or, for that matter, Perez, on the night of her murder?

[At this point, I wouldn't be surprised if law enforcement is hoping that Lopez will plead guilty and accept a lesser sentence for telling a fuller story that implicates Perez.]
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Chanler For This Useful Post:
Old 04-26-2012, 10:10 PM
WS Super Moderator

well considering their possible dom/sub relationship it would not surprise me at all if "ivan" put lopez up to taking the fall for him

moo
Old 04-26-2012, 11:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nursebeeme View Post
well considering their possible dom/sub relationship it would not surprise me at all if "ivan" put lopez up to taking the fall for him

moo
Hi, NurseBeeMe. You might be right, but we must remember that he was in jail well before the suicide attempt and the note. Also he might not have to "put Lopez up to taking the fall." She was not, by any societal standards, a well-grounded woman. Her insular little world of pain and humiliation was tumbling down with or without a homicide count added to Perez's charges.

It does seem more probable that Perez was the main culprit. It's possible that with Ms. Killgore soon upcoming departure, he saw this as perhaps his last chance to "master" this attractive young woman.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Chanler For This Useful Post:
Old 04-27-2012, 03:58 AM

comments

http://www.people.com/people/article...#disqus_thread

intersting comments by italheart and cledwidge after article...
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to jabberwocky For This Useful Post:
Old 04-27-2012, 08:09 AM

Thanks jabberwocky for the link. The comments by italheart are the most telling. Brittany was a virgin when she married her husband - he cheats on her and they "technically" separate and date others. She meets Perez and was going out on a "date" with him. It appears that Perez, Lopez and others were into the S&M lifestyle but not Brittany. Let us keep Brittany in our thoughts and prayers. As italheart states, she was a naive midwestern girl who got caught up with the wrong crowd.
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Vanguard For This Useful Post:
Old 04-27-2012, 09:21 AM
WS Moderator

I hadn't read she sent a text message, but I could have missed it.

"She sent a text saying, `Help,'" Patrick Espinoza, a deputy district attorney in San Diego County, said Thursday. "She was missing from that point on."

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/0...6pLid%3D155737
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Coldpizza For This Useful Post:
Old 04-27-2012, 11:40 AM

You have got to be kidding me? I read this last night and spent some time looking up what happened. I had never heard of this and I was living there at the time! I just recently started exploring my interest in crime/murders/missing people/kidnappings and the more I read the more shocked I am. When I think I've come across a tragedy that has to be the worst imaginable, another one comes along to top it. Wow... I hope justice is served soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrairieWind View Post
I wouldnt bet on it getting to trial anytime soon. There was the murder of Marine Sgt Jan Pietrzak and his wife Quiana by 3 other Marines there in San Diego. That was over 3 and half years ago and they still dont have trial dates.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Rose13 For This Useful Post:
Old 04-27-2012, 12:39 PM

Reading those comments by italheart made my heart drop. I too thank you jabberwocky!

I cannot piece this together, how did those three become connected and why is LE so tight lipped about it? Was she introduced to Perez that night by Lopez? Was she friends with Perez for a period of time before her murder? Did Perez order/convince/demand Lopez to bring her around him because he crossed paths with her at that house and became infatuated with her? Did Lopez really "back out" of a date or did she really set her up for Lopez to get his rocks off? I can see BW getting ready for a night out thinking she's going to celebrate a friends birthday only to end up being preyed upon. I can see her willingly getting into Perez' vehicle because she trusted him. She trusted that he was the "boyfriend" of her friend and they were going to have a fun time downtown. Maybe the dinner cruise was just a way to make sure BW was dressed up when in reality there was no plan to go on one. Maybe Lopez "backed out" but Perez picked her up anyway and convinced her to go to the house to hang out with Lopez. After all it was her birthday. What friend wouldn't go visit someone on their birthday? Once she got there....

If BW turns out to be an innocent victim in this I agree with Chanler's theory. Perhaps BW's upcoming departure flipped a switch in Perez and he had to act fast to dominate her. According to this newscast that aired Wednesday, it's reported that on another BDSM profile belonging to Perez, he details his BDSM interests. These include, and I quote, "Rape/Victim Kidnapping". Maybe Perez had been able to control his desire to act on this for many, many years but something about BW's innocence triggered him and he lost control. He may not have been the one to actually murder her but if this theory is right, he is definitely the one responsible for her death.

http://www.10news.com/video/30951807/index.html
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Rose13 For This Useful Post:
Old 04-27-2012, 12:52 PM

They've said Perez is married with children correct? I wonder if they live in base housing or if she knew/knows about his lifestyle.

And where was this Alpha Slave "Dee" at during all this? She owns that property. Does anyone remember early on in the investigation reading or hearing that a third person charged is likely? This could be my mind playing tricks on me but I could have sworn I saw that somewhere.
The Following User Says Thank You to Rose13 For This Useful Post:
Old 04-27-2012, 01:15 PM

Quote:
They've said Perez is married with children correct? I wonder if they live in base housing or if she knew/knows about his lifestyle.

And where was this Alpha Slave "Dee" at during all this? She owns that property. Does anyone remember early on in the investigation reading or hearing that a third person charged is likely? This could be my mind playing tricks on me but I could have sworn I saw that somewhere.
Hi, Rose13; thanks for several wonderful posts. Alpha Slave "Dee" is the metaphorical elephant in the room. According to the website cited here, she and not Lopez was Perez's girlfriend. And thus, it would have been she who pulled out of the dinner cruise.

As for Perez's marital state, all we now know seems to have been asserted by his defense lawyer, who earlier said that he didn't know if Perez knew Lopez or Killgore/Wrest.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Chanler For This Useful Post:
Old 04-27-2012, 02:35 PM

Hi Chanler! Entertain me for a second as my mind can go a mile a minute at times. Do you think it's possible that if Lopez was the one to befriend Killgore/Wrest, that Lopez could have lied to her about her relationship with Perez; making it more likely for her to attend as opposed to being asked to go somewhere with her roommates (Dee) boyfriend? This is based on the assumption that she didn't meet Perez until that night and had no knowledge of their lifestyle of course.

I know neighbors have said they've seen Killgore/Wrest at that residence before but it could have been as innocent as visiting her friend. I find it hard to believe that you walk in to that home and there's whips and chains everywhere. I would think they'd look and act fairly normal at face value due to their professional lives, the stigma around these types of lifestyles, ect.

I believe there's no possible way Perez and Lopez didn't know each other. Lopez supposedly confessed to the murder in a suicide note but the blood of Killgore/Wrest was found in the car belonging to Perez? The defense lawyer doesn't make sense. The car ties them together in one way or another. Even if Perez says he loaned the car to Lopez there's still a definite connection between them. It also came out at his arraignment yesterday that he said he dropped Killgore/Wrest off at the Gaslamp Quarter (located in downtown San Diego) but it was proven he never left Fallbrook that night (I'm assuming by tracing cell phone activity). He knew both of them, the million dollar question is how.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chanler View Post
Hi, Rose13; thanks for several wonderful posts. Alpha Slave "Dee" is the metaphorical elephant in the room. According to the website cited here, she and not Lopez was Perez's girlfriend. And thus, it would have been she who pulled out of the dinner cruise.

As for Perez's marital state, all we now know seems to have been asserted by his defense lawyer, who earlier said that he didn't know if Perez knew Lopez or Killgore/Wrest.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Rose13 For This Useful Post:
Old 04-27-2012, 02:55 PM

Quote:
Hi Chanler! Entertain me for a second as my mind can go a mile a minute at times. Do you think it's possible that if Lopez was the one to befriend Killgore/Wrest, that Lopez could have lied to her about her relationship with Perez; making it more likely for her to attend as opposed to being asked to go somewhere with her roommates (Dee) boyfriend? This is based on the assumption that she didn't meet Perez until that night and had no knowledge of their lifestyle of course.

I know neighbors have said they've seen Killgore/Wrest at that residence before but it could have been as innocent as visiting her friend. I find it hard to believe that you walk in to that home and there's whips and chains everywhere. I would think they'd look and act fairly normal at face value due to their professional lives, the stigma around these types of lifestyles, ect.

I believe there's no possible way Perez and Lopez didn't know each other. Lopez supposedly confessed to the murder in a suicide note but the blood of Killgore/Wrest was found in the car belonging to Perez? The defense lawyer doesn't make sense. The car ties them together in one way or another. Even if Perez says he loaned the car to Lopez there's still a definite connection between them. It also came out at his arraignment yesterday that he said he dropped Killgore/Wrest off at the Gaslamp Quarter (located in downtown San Diego) but it was proven he never left Fallbrook that night (I'm assuming by tracing cell phone activity). He knew both of them, the million dollar question is how.
Hi, Rose13. What you write about Lopez could certainly be true. It's also possible that the dinner cruise was a Lopez birthday gathering for Perez, Dee, Lopez, and Killgore/Wrest, and thus Lopez felt complicit if it had been a trap.

You're right: Perez's car with its blood and its weapon; his admissions; his lies about location and his uncooperativeness with LE place him in the cross hairs of the charge. Lopez's part is probably more tangential.

I agree about the defense lawyer's statements being unreliable. I think that he was practically falling over himself trying to salvage his client's reputation as much as possible. Even he is probably surprised that the press continues to quote him about Perez as a married man with a settled life.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Chanler For This Useful Post:
Old 04-27-2012, 06:13 PM

Quote:

removed comment

Last edited by wtf_Marine; 04-27-2012 at 06:24 PM.
Old 04-28-2012, 08:58 PM

Strange, my reply to your last posting is gone as is your original posting. Not quite sure why or if it's a glitch that I'm not seeing it. Hopefully I didn't upset the moderator gods for any reason. If you deleted yours it's understandable, just wanted to make sure you knew I didn't do it .

Quote:
Originally Posted by wtf_Marine View Post
removed comment
Old 04-29-2012, 02:52 PM

Quote:
Strange, my reply to your last posting is gone as is your original posting. Not quite sure why or if it's a glitch that I'm not seeing it. Hopefully I didn't upset the moderator gods for any reason. If you deleted yours it's understandable, just wanted to make sure you knew I didn't do it .
Hi, Rose13, I think that if some one deletes a post, replies to it are almost automatically deleted too. You didn't do anything wrong.
The Following User Says Thank You to Chanler For This Useful Post:
Old 05-01-2012, 11:40 AM

Quote:
Killgore has released a statement through the San Diego County Sheriff's Homicide Detail:

My wife Brittany, was beautiful beyond words and her murder has left me devastated. My duty to her memory is now to ensure her good reputation remains intact, and help law enforcement and prosecutors secure justice for the person, or persons who took her away from me.

Brittany's death cannot be in vain – at this point, I don't know how to use this tragedy for good, but others have found their way and I hope to do the same. Brittany meant too much to do any less.

As my father-in-law said, please honor my wife's name and don't succumb to salacious gossip and rumor. Brittany was a beautiful, good person, who did not deserve this.

Thank you
http://www.kpbs.org/news/2012/apr/27...llgore-speaks/

The difference between fiction and reality? Fiction has to make sense.
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to SurfieTX For This Useful Post:
Old 05-03-2012, 12:09 PM

Obiturary

She will be laid to rest next Tuesday in her home state.

http://baue.tributes.com/condolences...738279#3872199
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Rose13 For This Useful Post:
Old 05-08-2012, 12:09 PM

http://www.10news.com/news/30909750/detail.html

Old article but the first two pages of comments are interesting. Sounds like two personal friends/family members are coming to her defense.

Also according the the San Diego County Inmate Locator, Perez and Lopez are scheduled to appear in court Thursday morning.
Old 05-08-2012, 12:42 PM

"Other than to say that Killgore was a victim of "homicidal violence," as a prosecutor put it, authorities have yet to say how she was killed.
Espinoza refused to comment on reports that Perez had an interest in sadomasochism and bondage or how that may or may not tie into the case.
10News found Perez posted his profile on two sadomasochism websites. On one, he refers to his girlfriend as his slave, and advertises for a woman or couple to join his household where he is "lord and master dom and daddy."
Perez is specific about his sexual preferences, listing asphyxiaphilia, electro-torture, rape/victim, and kidnapping as activities he's interested in.
"There is a sub-culture that does this, but what we're talking about here is outside of that community," said Clairemont-based sex therapist Karen Gless.
Gless explained that the level of sadomasochism preferred by Perez can elevate to torture and killing for sexual excitement."

http://www.10news.com/news/30959061/detail.html
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to jabberwocky For This Useful Post:
Old 05-11-2012, 12:26 AM

http://www.nbcsandiego.com/news/loca...151066885.html

I knew I had read somewhere early on about the possibility of a third suspect being arrested! As of tonight, 'Dee Minote' is in custody.
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Rose13 For This Useful Post:
Old 05-11-2012, 01:25 AM

Hey people this is kinda OT but it's something i had been wondering about with all the missing young girls cases that have happened latly. Im just curious what you all think , I have noticed that in all these missing person cases .Well maybe not all but a high number of them It seems like the girls that do fall victom to these predetors most are very attractive . Do you think that plays a roll at all or is it just a coincidence . My self I think it has to play a roll cause like i said i know it's not every girl but most seem to be very attractive...When I seen this girls pic it just kinda confirmed what i thought for me anyway so I thought I would ask what anyone else thinks..
Old 05-11-2012, 10:00 PM
Registered User of Time

Quote:
http://www.nbcsandiego.com/news/loca...151066885.html

I knew I had read somewhere early on about the possibility of a third suspect being arrested! As of tonight, 'Dee Minote' is in custody.
Just wondering-is there a baby expected on August 6, 2012? I found a Baby Registry for a Dee and Ivan. If so, oh poor, poor baby.
The Following User Says Thank You to Curious Me For This Useful Post: