Websleuths
Go Back   Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community > Missing!! > Missing but not forgotten Discussion > 1990's Missing

Notices

1990's Missing Persons missing from the 1990's

Old 01-16-2010, 07:56 PM

Lightbulb NY - Heidi Allen, 18, New Haven, 3 April 1994

http://www.co.oswego.ny.us/sheriff/allen.html
I remember this story so well. I never see anything about Heidi, decided to put a thread here for her.
Missing Person:

Forcible Abduction

On Easter Sunday, April 3, 1994, 18-year-old Heidi Marie Allen was working alone as a cashier at the D&W Convenience Store, located at the intersection of State Routes 104 and 104B in the Oswego County Town of New Haven, New York State. She opened the store at about 5:45 a.m. and managed the store routinely for approximately 2 hours, with nothing out of the ordinary occurring.D&W Convenience Store

About 7:50 a.m., a marked Oswego County Sheriff’s Department patrol unit was flagged down in the area by a citizen who reported that the convenience store was open, with lights and gas pumps on, but no one tending the business. The cashier had apparently vanished from the store. Additional Sheriff’s units were called to the scene, and an investigation commenced. Intense scrutiny revealed that the cause of her disappearance was foul play. Weeks of massive search by police, the New York State Army National Guard, the US Army 10th Mountain Division and hundreds of volunteers as well as a local and national media blitz followed with no positive results towards finding the missing woman. Even though the search results were fruitless, the intensive police investigation led to the arrests of two local brothers in the case.

In May, 1994, Richard Thibodeau was arrested and charged with kidnapping, 1st degree in connection with the missing person case. In August of that same year, Gary Thibodeau, Richard’s brother, was also arrested and faced the same charge. Separate jury trials were held for the pair. In June, 1995, Gary was convicted of the same charge he was arrested for kidnapping, 1st degree. He was sentenced to 25 years to life in the New York State correctional system. Richard was found not guilty in September, 1995. Gary has since appealed his conviction to the New York State Supreme Court Appellate Division.
Let's Not Forget Heidi

On Dec. 30, 1999, the five justices who heard the case unanimously upheld the conviction, writing, “There is overwhelming evidence of defendant’s guilt.” At this time, the Oswego County Sheriff’s Department and the Federal Bureau of Investigation consider the matter to be an open case. Officers are still assigned to the investigation and continue to follow leads, hoping to find the remains of the missing woman.

At the time of her disappearance, Heidi was described as a white female, 5’11”, 145 pounds, light brown/blond hair worn long and curly, and blue eyes. She was last seen wearing a gray sweatshirt with a plaid SU logo on the front, and white sneakers. She wore glasses or contact lenses and had pierced ears. Her date of birth was September 14, 1975.

Anyone who may have been in the area of the convenience store at or around the time of her abduction, or anyone who has any information on the case is asked to contact the Oswego County Sheriff’s Office by e-mail, or by phone at one of the following numbers: 1-888-349-3411, 1-800-724-8477 or 315-349-3411.
http://www.find-missing-children.org.../poster121.htm
Old 12-05-2010, 02:12 AM
WS Moderator

Book by New Haven woman chronicles her feelings on the loss of her sister, Heidi Allen

Lisa Buske spends about four hours each week, sitting at a desk in her New Haven home, writing on a laptop, saving the material, then going back to edit.

She glances occasionally over her shoulder at the photograph on the wall of a teen with long, light brown hair, wearing a V-neck sweater.

The teen in the photo — the person about whom she’s writing — is Heidi Allen. Buske’s 18-year-old sister was abducted April 3, 1994, while she worked at the C&W Convenience Store in New Haven. She was never seen seen again.

[snip]

Buske has endured ups and downs during the last 16 years, and now is putting it all into a book about her sister and the disappearance.

The book, as yet untitled, deals with the thoughts and emotions of siblings of missing people. Buske is called it a “joining of thoughts and different events, some of which were important and others that weren’t.”

More: http://www.syracuse.com/news/index.s...an_chroni.html

STILL DOING IT FOR DYLAN GROENE. REST IN PEACE:
http://www.amw.com/missing_children/brief.cfm?id=32037

HELP FIND MISSING 7-YEAR-OLD PATRICK ALFORD: http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=107247
The Following User Says Thank You to SheWhoMustNotBeNamed For This Useful Post:
Old 05-03-2012, 11:48 AM

Everytime they find remains in a five state radius I think of Heidi. There was a skull found in VT in February and although it is likely someone closer to that area, I still think that it could finally be her. I grew up just about 30 minutes from Heidi and am just a few years older. I will never stop wondering where Heidi is and hoping that she is found.
"The opinion prevailed among advanced minds that it was time that belief should be replaced increasingly by knowledge; belief that did not itself rest on knowledge was superstition, and as such had to be opposed." - Albert Einstein
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TripleA For This Useful Post:
Old 05-03-2012, 03:42 PM
<This space for rent>

I lived in Central New York from 1993-1995. The missing persons posters for Heidi Allen and Sarah Anne Wood are ingrained in my brain. I hope someday they find them both.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to necco For This Useful Post:
Old 05-03-2012, 06:46 PM

Yes, both of them ingrained in my head as well. Sarah was in her cheer uniform and Heidi in her V neck sweater.
"The opinion prevailed among advanced minds that it was time that belief should be replaced increasingly by knowledge; belief that did not itself rest on knowledge was superstition, and as such had to be opposed." - Albert Einstein
The Following User Says Thank You to TripleA For This Useful Post:
Old 05-03-2012, 11:28 PM
<This space for rent>

Whose missing person poster had them in a Guess sweatshirt?
Old 04-11-2013, 04:20 PM
Easter is coming, Websleuthers!

for Heidi, missing 19 years this month.

Snipped:

Quote:
A passerby flagged down a sheriff's patrol unit outside the store at approximately 8:15 a.m. and reported that the business was open but unattended. An extensive search produced few clues as to Allen's whereabouts and she has never been heard from again.
Old 05-16-2013, 09:42 AM

Hope at center of ride for missing children

http://www.uticaod.com/features/x907...ssing-children
No temptation has overtaken you except what is common to mankind. And God is faithful; he will not let you be tempted beyond what you can bear. But when you are tempted, he will also provide a way out so that you can endure it. - 1 Corinthians 10:13 (NIV)

We are all one poor choice from being a subject on this forum. Think twice.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mikkismom For This Useful Post:
Old 05-16-2013, 01:59 PM
Easter is coming, Websleuthers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikkismom View Post
Hope at center of ride for missing children

http://www.uticaod.com/features/x907...ssing-children
From mikkismom's link above:

Quote:
“I’ve cried a lot in the last week,” said Buske, a New Haven resident whose sister, Heidi Allen, went missing on April 3, 1994. The image that hit Buske the hardest was seeing Amanda Berry embrace her sister.
So sad.
Old 06-27-2013, 07:28 PM

Does anyone know what came of the brother Richard Thibodeau who got away with aiding to abduct and murder this poor girl? He just went on to live a normal life amongst society, women and children? Am I reading that correctly?
The Following User Says Thank You to JillyNJ For This Useful Post:
Old 08-07-2013, 07:48 AM
WS Moderator

Woman whose sister has been missing for 28 years helps sister of Heidi Allen, missing for 19 years

http://www.syracuse.com/news/index.s...idi_allen.html
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CatFancier For This Useful Post:
Old 01-26-2014, 06:22 PM

http://oswegocountytoday.com/heidi-a...ssage-of-hope/
Posted on January 25, 2014

Quote:
OSWEGO, NY – Local author and speaker Lisa M. Buske recently traveled to San Antonio, Texas, to speak at The Heidi Search Center’s annual banquet.
This wasn’t Buske’s first interaction with the HSC. Crystal Calloway, director of HSC in San Antonio, left, greets Lisa Buske, author and speaker, Heidi Allen’s older sister. Their relationship began in April 1994 – when the center sent a search and rescue expert to join the search for Buske’s sister, Heidi M. Allen.
Allen was kidnapped from the D & W Convenience Store while working alone on Easter Sunday, April 3, 1994. Allen remains missing today, but her family remains hopeful.
more at link
The Following User Says Thank You to KateB For This Useful Post:
Old 03-29-2014, 01:08 PM

People still remember disappearance of Heidi Allen after 20 years
Mar 26, 2014
Quote:
Heidi and her disappearance still affects people throughout New Haven and other parts of Oswego County to this day. Many will gather April 3 at the New Haven Fire Department to remember Heidi, share stories and light candles. In those 20 years, two trials were held. Brothers Richard and Gary Thibodeau were arrested and charged with kidnapping Heidi. Separate trials were held – Richard was found not guilty, Gary was found guilty. Gary, now 60, is serving 25 years to life in the Clinton Correctional Facility in Dannemora, Clinton County. His scheduled release date is May 19, 2020, according to state prison records.
NCMEC and OCSD will also be joining friends and family at the Community Gathering of Hope on 4/3/2014.
The Following User Says Thank You to KateB For This Useful Post:
Old 04-02-2014, 04:49 PM
Call Me Butter, I'm On A Roll

http://www.syracuse.com/news/index.s...incart_m-rpt-2

Where's Heidi Allen?

It's perhaps the most vexing mystery in Oswego County history. The New Haven store clerk vanished without a trace 20 years ago this week.

Her disappearance resulted in a controversial outcome: Gary Thibodeau guilty of kidnapping, Richard Thibodeau innocent, even though authorities believe they acted together.

I’ve gone to look for myself. If I should return before I get back, keep me here.
كلي
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to gogrannypop For This Useful Post: