Australia - Allison Baden-Clay, 43, Brisbane QLD, 19 April 2012 - #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
Long time lurker here. I've been following you all for since day 1 and there has been some very good sleuthing. I have today also been thinking, hoping and praying that GBC is not guilty of this horrible act.

Those poor girls so need their dad right now. I can't bear to think how they will be affected if he is guilty. What I did catch of the funeral today was very touching. Allison was an amazing woman by all accounts and I think that's why we are so hungry for justice...such a waste of a beautifully talented and compassionate human being.

I believe the QPS are doing a great job and the media is respectfully holding back much information.

I watched the news at 7.00 am this morning on Sunrise and heard for the first time that Police have confirmed that several witnessess have stated that they saw one of the Baden Clay cars on the night of the disappearance.

http://au.news.yahoo.com/queensland/a/-/newshome/13594126/residents-pay-respects-to-brisbane-mum/

When did that originally come out?

If they have several witnesses, I am curious as to how many more witnesses they need (in ref to the road block last night)?

Anyway, who writes for this guy?? ' a liaison with Lesley '.........if my hubby was off for a 'liaison' with his PT I would be worried!

Ewww! i missed that!

Shudder.

It's like the "caught the attention of" in the real estate agent's profile.

Watching Ch10 news. It might just be because the cameras are a distance away, but he doesn't seem to be crying. Just that same face he displayed ('I'm in pain' type face) when interviewed when Allison was still missing.

He looks a little upset, but not grief stricken. I think his sorrow is for his girls who he would love.

I notice Allisons parents dont approach him or even look at him, that says a lot.

I'm so proud of her maternal family they were so strong for those girls and for Allison they did not need media to show there hurt unlike GBC and no sunglasses on the advice of lawyer no doubt

i also think his emotion would be from hearing bout her life and good times etc etc...

Apparently some people are also in fear of feeling a hand on their shoulder and hearing the words "you're nicked".

Wow so many emotions to watch out for today. The funeral was such a moving and poignant tribute to a wonderful mother and friend. So glad the community was so supportive - it is really heartwarming. I think Allison was a symbol for mothers everywhere just someone who tried to keep everthing together for her family and ensure the happiness of her gorgeous girls. That was simply her most important role and you can tell she revelled in caring for them

But I can tell you if my husband ever moved on and was with someone else and even if this occurred when we were together as an affair of some sort and then I had been murdered - my ex would beg and beseech my parents to allow a poem or some sort of outward sign that he respected both myself and my family at my funeral. I think the fact that GBC remained silent throughout the service is telling at the very least.

And although initially my parents would be devastated by my ex's actions and the thought of him abandoning me there is no way they would deny him to recognise his grief. I think the ABC's parents would be the same. Never in a million years would someone who had such a huge role in someones life not utter one word at their childrens mother's funeral. There would have to be a reason for this.

I cannot imagine the ABC's parents silencing anyone. Their mantra has been we believe she was precious and can only hope she touched your life. So I cannot imagine them not wanting her hubby to play a part ---unless their was some kind of doubt to his genuineness.....

If they have several witnesses, I am curious as to how many more witnesses they need (in ref to the road block last night)?

Been thinking about that. I figure they'd be wanting to get all the eye-witness stuff they can, before announcing anything, so they know that people aren't just repeating what's been in media. Otherwise you'd then get the me-too people saying, "oh yeah i saw *advertiser censored*"

Ewww! i missed that!

Shudder.

It's like the "caught the attention of" in the real estate agent's profile.

Absolutely! IMO you don't talk or write this way - unless your a sleezy salesman..

I watched the news at 7.00 am this morning on Sunrise and heard for the first time that Police have confirmed that several witnessess have stated that they saw one of the Baden Clay cars on the night of the disappearance.

http://au.news.yahoo.com/queensland/a/-/newshome/13594126/residents-pay-respects-to-brisbane-mum/

When did that originally come out?

If this is correct (and I do suspect it probably is, as they are obsessed about those cars) - then I think our comrade Hawkins was correct in one of his earlier posts about this.

It is highly likely that the police have plenty of circumstantial evidence, enough to make an arrest. However, it may only enough to support a manslaughter charge/conviction. I think they are looking for an extra piece of the puzzle to irrefutably put the killer away for murder - for a verrrrrrry long time.

I think this should give us comfort as we so desperately wait for news of an arrest and some answers to this tragedy. It may take a while, but it will be worth it in the end as they are being so measured and meticulous.

I'm just catching up on the last few pages, and while googling images of today's funeral, I saw this pic from the video and all my thoughts of his innocence went out the window.

I admit today after seeing him with their daughters at the hearse, the grief looked so real, and I had a moment where I thought that he could truly be innocent, but of course today would have been hard. Also as others have mentioned, he is truly in the public eye today and cannot escape it.

One article mentioned earlier today that there was no sign of Gerard yet at the funeral....till nearly an hour later when he was first mentioned....
for any of you that were there, or that managed to see the live streaming somehow... did you see him arrive? Or was he late???

OMG - Allison's father's body language!

Could he be leaning any further away?

189814-allison-baden-clay-039-s-funeral.jpg

Been thinking about that. I figure they'd be wanting to get all the eye-witness stuff they can, before announcing anything, so they know that people aren't just repeating what's been in media. Otherwise you'd then get the me-too people saying, "oh yeah i saw *advertiser censored*"

Maybe there are some points they are not clear on or do not have a clear evidence on. If this is a complex case or not even, Any and all witness acounts to build their case is needed. I think they may possibly be still looking for that one piece to go. yep thats it, got it.

Neuromancer and Truesleuth..

You are on top form today!

Sorry. You are all sweet kind people. But he is a *advertiser censored* IMO

I know we are all impatient; imagine how Allison’s family feels.

The police are working very hard on this case and an arrest will happen when the time is right.

Spare a thought for the dedicated police/detectives and their supporting families who do know the truth. Please remember these detectives have seen things we could never imagine. When we close our eyes at night we think about Allison, imagine the thoughts that go through these detectives minds.

The very specific time frame the Police have mentioned in regard to the roundabout has me intrigued. We know that Allison's cause of death has not yet been released to the public but I'm wondering if forensics' have in fact determined her time of death? Between 11:30pm Thursday 19th and 4:00am on Friday?

I'm also wondering if something on or near Allison's remains is indicative of being on, near or close to the roundabout? Wash she pushed of did she fall from a car? Did her clothing and/or shoes have bitumen marks or something else that hadn't been washed away?

This is speculation on my part.

try watching that footage silently... there looks like real grief on GBC face.... I feel really sad and really confused right now

Unrelenting sadness...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member