Deceased/Not Found NY - Etan Patz, 6, New York, 25 May 1979 #2 *P. Hernandez guilty*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Suspect in Patz Case Is Taken to Bellevue Hospital

The former SoHo bodega stock boy who confessed to murdering 6-year-old Etan Patz was taken to Bellevue Hospital this morning and placed on suicide watch after telling authorities he was off his psychiatric medication, sources told The Post.

Read more: http://www.nypost.com/p/news/local/...z_murder_JaSVUoyl0e3h4la6u4mfDO#ixzz1vtOeyV2P

He's on psychiatric medication? Hmmmm....this confession could all be a delusion from the brain of a mentally ill person.

25N_ETAN_IPAD--525x650.jpg

http://www.nypost.com/p/news/local/arrest_at_last_in_murder_DRJQtD8Q3jXWnWGyEjOfwM

After seeing that great reference picture that the NY Post put out, that I just posted ^^, I can't believe how short the geographical distance is for everything. Isn't that white building on the corner in the picture, a landmark for Soho? I swear I just seen that building on a Soho Tourism site last night.

This is absolutely devastating, that a boy can't walk that short distance without being stolen and murdered.

I actually believe that LE finally has their man.

Prayers to the Patzes.

Rest in Peace, Etan

:(

He's on psychiatric medication? Hmmmm....this confession could all be a delusion from the brain of a mentally ill person.
Perhaps in part - the Patz-specific part - but he's made similar confessions to a family member and other acquaintences in years past. So if it's a delusion, it's one which has bridged a gap of 30 years.

Is this guy saying that he killed a 6 yr old when he was 18, but has not harmed another child since then?

PH's brother-in-law is the one who called in to LE.

Nothing was found there, but the search prompted Hernandez’s brother-in-law, José Lopez, to call the NYPD and tell them that Hernandez had admitted killing an unnamed child shortly after Etan vanished, sources said.

Hernandez first told relatives in 1981 he “had done a bad thing and killed a child in New York,” Kelly said.

Hernandez revealed that besides telling Lopez about it, he also confessed to a “spiritual adviser,” authorities said.

NYPD cops took Hernandez to New York on Wednesday night, and yesterday brought him to the former bodega at 448 West Broadway. It’s now a designer eyewear shop.

Read more: http://www.nypost.com/p/news/local/arrest_at_last_in_murder_DRJQtD8Q3jXWnWGyEjOfwM#ixzz1vtk22nIk

He was last seen headed toward the bus stop at Prince Street and West Broadway — in front of Hernandez’s home at 438 West Broadway, where his sister still lives.

Hernandez’s relatives there refused to comment and referred questions to a lawyer they hired on Wednesday.

Hernandez’s brother-in-law, Lopez, who lives in New Jersey, denied being the tipster. But he admitted hearing from others that Hernandez may have killed Etan.

Read more: http://www.nypost.com/p/news/local/arrest_at_last_in_murder_DRJQtD8Q3jXWnWGyEjOfwM#ixzz1vtkqBf8N

His attorney is Harvey Fishbein.

Snipped

Recognized as a leader in criminal defense in New York City, Harvey served two terms as President of the New York Criminal Bar Association from 2003-2005, and is presently a member of the Executive Committee, Criminal Justice Section, New York State Bar Association. He has lectured, taught and mentored lawyers and law students on various aspects of criminal defense practice, including ethics and the psychiatric defense.

As part of his continuing commitment to pro bono activities that advocate quality representation for indigents, Harvey serves as Chair of the Central Screening Committee for the Assigned Counsel Plan.

Website link below:

http://www.harveyfishbein.com/cases

He has represented clients in a number of high-profile cases:

The People v Andrew Goldstein
People v. Reuben Harris

Is this guy saying that he killed a 6 yr old when he was 18, but has not harmed another child since then?
Well, possible, I suppose, but it doesn't seem likely, does it. But if, say, he's stayed on his meds faithfully over a long period of time, Etan may have been his only victim.

Snipped

It is pretty amazing that there were no other children, parents, shopkeepers or anyone. Just little Etan.

Though Hernandez gave a signed confession, some investigators are still skeptical about his admission, sources said.

They are concerned that Hernandez has been unable to give a motive. His claim that he lured Patz from a bus stop is not backed up by parents who were at the stop that day and said Patz was not there.

http://www.dnainfo.com/new-york/201...-accused-killer-rushed-hospital#ixzz1vtq42lzH

i saw on the news that he lured the boy to the shop by offering some soda. young children love soda and know to most families they keep it off limits and only for special occasions or once a week kind of thing because of the sugar.

they said they have no body as it was dumped in the garbage and finding a body 30 years later in the garbage dump would be nearly impossible. i wonder if they gave him a lie detector test. did he know something only etan and his parents would have known about him a hidden scar or something to prove he is telling the truth about the confession

Though Hernandez gave a signed confession, some investigators are still skeptical about his admission, sources said.

They are concerned that Hernandez has been unable to give a motive. His claim that he lured Patz from a bus stop is not backed up by parents who were at the stop that day and said Patz was not there.

http://www.dnainfo.com/new-york/201...-accused-killer-rushed-hospital#ixzz1vtq42lzH

Thank-you.

Well, he would not have made it to the bus stop, but, was it specifically said he was lured away from the bus stop, or was he lured away from being on his way to the bus stop? Is it just the semantics?

We need a picture of where the bus stop was in relation to the bodega, the distance etc.

His home was at 438 West Broadway. The picture upthread does not clearly show where that is in relation to the scenario.

As for the motive, unfortunately, I think it was sexual, and he is leaving that out of his confession.

After seeing that great reference picture that the NY Post put out, that I just posted ^^, I can't believe how short the geographical distance is for everything. Isn't that white building on the corner in the picture, a landmark for Soho? I swear I just seen that building on a Soho Tourism site last night.

This is absolutely devastating, that a boy can't walk that short distance without being stolen and murdered.

I actually believe that LE finally has their man.

Prayers to the Patzes.

Rest in Peace, Etan

:(

thats funny u mention the white building i was in soho just last saturday i was on prince and mercier went to check out georgetown cupcake. i might have seen the big building but we didn't have much time in soho. its crazy how you can be in an area and not remember something like that. or even visit the same area for years and not know that place or thing exsisted

i saw on the news that he lured the boy to the shop by offering some soda. young children love soda and know to most families they keep it off limits and only for special occasions or once a week kind of thing because of the sugar.

they said they have no body as it was dumped in the garbage and finding a body 30 years later in the garbage dump would be nearly impossible. i wonder if they gave him a lie detector test. did he know something only etan and his parents would have known about him a hidden scar or something to prove he is telling the truth about the confession

All of your questions were answered in the transcribed notes from the presser last night, here at WS.

As for the soda, I read this morning that Julie Patz had given Etan $1 for a soda. I do wonder if this somehow came in to play, but, I am not familiar on the finer details of this case.

Surely LE would have heavily investigated the bodega since Etan had been given money for the store?

All of your questions were answered in the transcribed notes from the presser last night, here at WS.

As for the soda, I read this morning that Julie Patz had given Etan $1 for a soda. I do wonder if this somehow came in to play, but, I am not familiar on the finer details of this case.

Surely LE would have heavily investigated the bodega since Etan had been given money for the store?
Earlier reports from the "digging up the Prince Street basement" days say Othneil Miller gave Etan the dollar bill for helping him clean up his work space.

So, here is a picture of where the bus stop is.

Would that be the bodega, that has the picture of Etan on it?

I believe this is correct, but, someone please advise if I am looking at this improperly.

Note: The image is courtesy of Patz Imaging.

Left: the site of the bus stop on West Broadway and Prince Street, 1979. Right: the lost-child poster.
(Photo: Patz Imaging)

etanpatz090511_4_560.jpg

http://nymag.com/news/features/56441/index3.html

This is another image of the bus stop, but, it is not transferrable.

http://afteretan.com/location.html

Note that the 2 pictures are very different. You can see the black railings in this picture, not sure if they are the same ones as the current day store front. I believe they are now on the other side of the building, where the mannequins are. Difficult to decipher.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
branditau.wareham72@gmail