Websleuths
Go Back   Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community > Current Events > Crimes in the News

Notices

Crimes in the News Read and comment about current crimes committed. Remember the copyright laws when posting news stories!

Old 05-27-2012, 01:50 PM

MI - 9 months pregnant-abducted, shot and set on fire SURVIVES

A 22-year-old Detroit woman, who was abducted, shot and set on fire, is expected to recover and police are expected to continue questioning Sunday of the woman's ex-boyfriend.Warren Police Commissioner Jere Green said the woman, nine months pregnant, had gone to a movie with the ex-boyfriend and soon-to-be-father of the child. The woman was dropping the man off at his home on Sherman in Warren.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to mistivon For This Useful Post:
Old 05-27-2012, 04:08 PM
Don't Drink the Pinellas Punch!

IMO this sounds like another Rae Carruth set-up on a pregnant ex. Bless this young lady - may she make a full and swift recovery.

"I look to a day when people will not be judged by the color of their skin, but by the content of their character."
-Martin Luther King, Jr.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Velouria For This Useful Post:
Old 05-27-2012, 04:10 PM
Verified Juanette

OMG--- I am getting so sick of this. I read the headline and instantly KNEW it was going to be the father of this unborn child who committed this vile crime.
Old 05-27-2012, 04:27 PM

I find it incredible that pregnant women are statistically abused more during pregnancy than any other time in their lives. I would think the opposite. Just sad.

Sent from my iPhone
Old 05-29-2012, 11:44 AM

A woman who was abducted outside a Warren home, shot and set on fire over the weekend has given birth to a baby boy, authorities said today.

The 22-year-old woman gave birth around 4:30 a.m. today, about 12 hours after going into labor, Warren Police Deputy Commissioner Louis Galasso said. She was being treated for burns to her back, torso and face at a Detroit hospital after the horrific attack early Saturday.

http://www.freep.com/article/2012052...s-birth-Warren

Baby's father and his roommate are to be arraigned today at 2pm on charges of assault with intent to murder, conspiracy with intent to murder and forceful imprisonment. They are considering charges of causing harm to a fetus. Wonder if the baby is ok.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to mistivon For This Useful Post:
Old 05-29-2012, 02:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mistivon View Post
A woman who was abducted outside a Warren home, shot and set on fire over the weekend has given birth to a baby boy, authorities said today.

The 22-year-old woman gave birth around 4:30 a.m. today, about 12 hours after going into labor, Warren Police Deputy Commissioner Louis Galasso said. She was being treated for burns to her back, torso and face at a Detroit hospital after the horrific attack early Saturday.

http://www.freep.com/article/2012052...s-birth-Warren

Baby's father and his roommate are to be arraigned today at 2pm on charges of assault with intent to murder, conspiracy with intent to murder and forceful imprisonment. They are considering charges of causing harm to a fetus. Wonder if the baby is ok.
Giving birth is hard enough I can't imagine doing it with a gunshot as well as horrific burns. I wouldn't be surprised if the current girlfriend is somehow involved also. IMO
The Following User Says Thank You to Luckyswife For This Useful Post: