Websleuths
Go Back   Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community > Crimes and Trials > Currently Awaiting Trial

Notices

Currently Awaiting Trial Where the suspects are in jail, awaiting the start of the trial

Old 07-19-2011, 01:38 PM
Wear Pink & Eat Cake ~ Lauren Giddings

Old 07-19-2011, 02:48 PM

I've forgotten.. was the death penalty even an option in this case?
Old 07-21-2011, 07:48 PM

Quote:
Bowden said the trials on defendants Ruby Anne Evans and Theo Wayne Conoly have not been scheduled yet. Ruby Anne Evans is currently charged with murder and conspiracy, and Conoly is charged with conspiracy. More will be provided in Wednesday’s edition of the paper.

http://tiftongazette.com/x1475589968...ombergh-murder
Quote:
Evans’ friend, Kenneth Randall Tomlinson, 48, was also arrested in the case of Blombergh’s death. He was charged with concealing her death after he helped Evans hide Blombergh’s body. Bowden said Tomlinson is currently out on bond and is cooperating with authorities and the Tift County District Attorney's Office.

Bowden stated that the trials for defendants Ruby Evans and Conoly have not been scheduled yet. Ms. Evans is currently charged with murder and conspiracy, and Conoly is charged with conspiracy.

Bowden commented after being asked if justice has been served now that Evans has confessed, “It has to an extent that we have one person who played a part in this has admitted to it, but we still have others to deal with.”

http://tiftongazette.com/local/x2023...ombergh-murder
Quote:
Her father, Reign Blombergh, said no justice can be served for the heinous crime, which he called the “personification of evil,” but he welcomed the plea by Evans, who was to stand trial beginning Aug. 1.

“He was a coward,” Blombergh said. “He shot my daughter in the back of the head.”

After the high-profile case of Orlando’s Casey Anthony and her acquittal on charges that she murdered her daughter, Blombergh said his family “didn’t want to take a chance” at trial, and he looks forward to the successful prosecution of the other defendants, particularly Ruby Anne Evans and Conoly.
http://www.tallahassee.com/article/2...bergh-s-murder
I'm glad Sunday's family was spared from a trial, at least in regards to Evans. Maybe Ruby and Theo will plea as well.
Old 05-11-2012, 12:08 PM

two years

So nothing has changed. Ruby and Theo still sit in jail awaiting trial and nothing is happening. Rubys lawyer got sick and she was reassigned to a different lawyer. Theo hasn't really heard from his. It seems like something would have happened already, but I guess not. Did anyone hear what became of Tomlinson? Did he go to court yet and get a sentence or was he granted immunity?
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to southernchick For This Useful Post:
Old 05-14-2012, 09:39 AM

I have not heard a thing. Thanks for the update. When are they scheduled for trial?
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to c@rol For This Useful Post:
Old 05-17-2012, 12:12 AM

Managing Editor
Flo Rankin - ext. 1903
flo.rankin@gaflnews.com

Maybe someone can contact the Tifton Gazette and ask a reporter to give us a story update. Thanks for the heads up Southern Chick!

Old 05-30-2012, 05:11 PM

Has anyone heard anything?
The Following User Says Thank You to c@rol For This Useful Post:
Old 07-18-2012, 06:15 PM

Bumping, any news on Ruby or Theo?
Old 08-23-2012, 06:19 PM

So what I hear from Reign is that Theo plead guilty to conspiracy and was sentenced to 10 years.....This happened today.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to southernchick For This Useful Post:
Old 08-24-2012, 05:13 PM

http://www.wctv.tv/home/headlines/Co...167273955.html

from link:
Prosecutors say Conoly plead guilty this afternoon in a Tift County courtroom and was sentenced to ten years in prison and must testify against his mother Ruby Evans.
Conoly's step father, Herman Evans, has already been sentenced to life for Blombergh's murder in April, 2010. Conoly's mother has a September 24th court date. Prosecutors say Herman Evans, shot Blombergh in the head, and then stabbed and strangled her.
Herman Evans has already pled guilty to murder and is serving a life sentence.

http://www.wtxl.com/content/topstori...18lnkOWOg.cspx

this link has a video of Sunday's father Reign

Last edited by noZme; 08-24-2012 at 06:19 PM.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to noZme For This Useful Post:
Old 08-24-2012, 09:36 PM

Quote:
Ruby Evans’ court date is set for September 24th.
http://www.wctv.tv/home/headlines/Co...167273955.html
Thank you southernchick. Of course there are no details in that news story. Can you shed some light on Theo's conspiracy? What's the story behind the charge?

Are you or Reign surprised he agreed to testify against Ruby?
Old 08-28-2012, 09:30 AM

I can't speak for Reign. I'm not surprised he's testifying against Ruby. I feel like anything I say as to what the deal behind the conspiracy charges are would be just speculation. I could only speculate what they are. I do think Theo was just trying to scam Ruby out of Drug money, but that doesn't excuse what he did. (or didn't do) If there was any suspicion of her wanting to kill Sunday he should have told SOMEBODY ! I think maybe he thought she was talking **** and thought nothing of it. I don't really know and wish there was something I could have done or said to have a different outcome. Several families have been damaged severly because of this. I pray one day that the Blombergh family can forgive some of us.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to southernchick For This Useful Post:
Old 08-28-2012, 10:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by southernchick View Post
I can't speak for Reign. I'm not surprised he's testifying against Ruby. I feel like anything I say as to what the deal behind the conspiracy charges are would be just speculation. I could only speculate what they are. I do think Theo was just trying to scam Ruby out of Drug money, but that doesn't excuse what he did. (or didn't do) If there was any suspicion of her wanting to kill Sunday he should have told SOMEBODY ! I think maybe he thought she was talking **** and thought nothing of it. I don't really know and wish there was something I could have done or said to have a different outcome. Several families have been damaged severly because of this. I pray one day that the Blombergh family can forgive some of us.
Theo doesn't strike me as a law and order kind of guy, no big surprise he didn't call the cops. Such a senseless loss. I'm sorry for all your families and especially Sunday's daughter.

Forgiveness is a powerful tool in healing, I too hope they can forgive.

Thank you for responding southernchick.
Old 08-31-2012, 11:12 AM

Thanks so much for the update. Whatever they are giving them does not seem enough.
Old 09-24-2012, 08:30 AM

http://www.wtxl.com/content/topstori...18lnkOWOg.cspx

From the FB page

Quote:
Here's an update on Theo Conoly's case. Ruby Evans' jury selection for her trial is to begin this morning and her trial tomorrow morning, if she doesn't plead out before jury selection begins. This is a time to keep Sunday's family in your prayers and to grant them time and space to get through it and see what happens with Ruby. Hers is the last criminal trial in the case.
Old 09-25-2012, 09:45 PM

Update on Ruby Evans' Trial:

Day One Of Trial For Woman Accused of Murdering Daughter-In-Law

Tift County, Georgia--September 25, 2012 7:00 p.m.

Day one has wrapped in the trial of a woman accused of murdering her daughter-in-law.

Ruby Evans is charged with felony murder, malice murder, aggravated assault and conspiracy to commit murder for the 2010 death of Sunday Blombergh in Tifton, Georgia.

In court Tuesday, prosecutors described a troubled relationship between Evans and Blombergh, claiming Evans called Blombergh an unfit mother and that she wanted her gone.

In an interview with investigators Evans reportedly said, "I probably wished her dead everyday."

Randy Tomilson testified that he helped Herman Evans, Ruby's husband, dump Blombergh's body in a wooded area in Colquitt County after Herman had shot, stabbed, and strangled her.

http://www.wctv.tv/home/headlines/Ju...171085481.html

Dear God...Please Bless The Family of Sunday Blombergh!

Rest In Peace Beautiful Sunday Blombergh!
Old 09-27-2012, 10:02 PM
Former Member

http://www.wtxl.com/content/topstori...w2Cmt_i7Q.cspx
TODAY MARKS ANOTHER HORRID event for their family. After the court hearing , this loving family went to the scene where Sunday's body was tossed and laid flowers at the site. THE ENTIRE FAMILY WAS ARRESTED!!! Please share this with all. VICTIMS are losing all rights while perps have the protection of the law. This is not right!
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Lavanda Dolce For This Useful Post:
Old 09-27-2012, 10:28 PM

I could not believe that when I read it either!! So pissed.
How dare they and that land owner. Perhaps Herman and Ruby knew the land owner and that's why he wanted to press charges.

Here is the article when they went to plant it from last month. I guess it won't be a beautiful place her daughter can visit.

Old 10-01-2012, 12:01 PM

Maybe the Blomberghs can see that the law is for them to obey also. They didn't consider the property they were on belonged to someone else and they couldn't just bust in and do whatever they wanted to. They could build a memorial to Sunday in their own front yard in they wanted to show Izzy a beautiful place. They didn't do that because they did not open their doors to their own beautitul daughter. That is the truth. That is why it all happened. There is enough guilt to go around. Her own sister said and I, "Izzy can stay but not Sunday."
Old 10-02-2012, 01:06 AM

Wow. It's called compassion. A bit of humanity and compassion can go a long way. It's the way the world is going today I suppose. Sad, very sad.
Old 10-02-2012, 11:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lavanda Dolce View Post
TODAY MARKS ANOTHER HORRID event for their family. After the court hearing , this loving family went to the scene where Sunday's body was tossed and laid flowers at the site. THE ENTIRE FAMILY WAS ARRESTED!!! Please share this with all. VICTIMS are losing all rights while perps have the protection of the law. This is not right!
Really, the land owner had them arrested?

Glad to hear justice has been served, my thoughts are with the Blombergh family.