Websleuths
Go Back   Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community > Featured Case Discussion > Hot Cases > Susan Cox Powell

Notices

Susan Cox Powell Missing from West Valley City, Utah, and last seen on December 6, 2009.

Old 05-30-2012, 02:43 PM
Chronically sleep deprived

I can look at these emails and easily see that she was being abused. Unless you have any experience with this type of person you may not see it. I don't fault her for complaining in her emails....she is the victim NOT JP-she clearly was trying to find some sort of rationale for his behavior, find help, find a way to figure out the man she lives with and asking thise who knew him may have, in her mind, been a good idea.
She was not in a bad marriage with a normal guy to begin with so I think she can get a pass on complaining to others about her marriage to a sicko. Also just because she didn't spell out that she physically feared for her safety does not mean she didn't fear for it in reality. Or at this time maybe she was just starting to realize what trouble she was in. Who knows? Either way, like I said, I am not going to fault an abused woman for complaining to others about her marriage. She was NOT out of line in trying to get help in a situation that was spiralling out of control.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to thefragile7393 For This Useful Post:
Old 05-30-2012, 05:15 PM
DV Advocate

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefragile7393 View Post
I can look at these emails and easily see that she was being abused. Unless you have any experience with this type of person you may not see it. I don't fault her for complaining in her emails....she is the victim NOT JP-she clearly was trying to find some sort of rationale for his behavior, find help, find a way to figure out the man she lives with and asking thise who knew him may have, in her mind, been a good idea.
She was not in a bad marriage with a normal guy to begin with so I think she can get a pass on complaining to others about her marriage to a sicko. Also just because she didn't spell out that she physically feared for her safety does not mean she didn't fear for it in reality. Or at this time maybe she was just starting to realize what trouble she was in. Who knows? Either way, like I said, I am not going to fault an abused woman for complaining to others about her marriage. She was NOT out of line in trying to get help in a situation that was spiralling out of control.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2
BBM

It was so evident that there was abuse. We were traveling from California through Salt Lake City to South Dakota about a week after Susan went missing. The first time I saw the story on the news and saw jp I knew he was responsible for Susan going missing. IMHO The system failed Susan from day one. jp should have been questioned more vehemently from day one and LE should have known about his actions and the rental car trip. There were so many missed opportunities; Charlie, Braden and Susan paid a heavy price for those mistakes.

Salt Lake City is not exactly woman friendly when it comes to DV shelters. I would have loved to have seen Susan's case used as a catalyst for better DV shelter awareness and opportunities in SLC. I haven't seen it. So sad. How many more women have to die or go missing?

http://grandmotherscouncil.org/
My Facebook page; I am grateful for the fact that two people who joined had colonoscopies, discovered cancer and are on the way to healing through treatment. Colonoscopies save lives!

www.facebook.com/WaitWhereAmIGoing
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Jacie Estes For This Useful Post: