Websleuths
Go Back   Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community > Current Events > Bizarre and Off-Beat News

Notices

Bizarre and Off-Beat News Strange news stories!

Old 06-08-2012, 04:17 AM
A diamond in process

Love tote to downtown Portland apartment runs afoul of police

People see this dude pulling a pink suitcase on wheels to his apartment every night for months. They think he has a woman in there. Finally someone calls police.

Police arrive to investigate, find the woman then arrest her.

http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/i..._portland.html

It turns out the woman had lived in the apartment with the man but had been evicted and told not to come back on the property. But the man was her boyfriend and she lived with him. When police arrived she was hiding in a closet.

Not kidnapping, it was trespassing.

Why is it that when a custodial parent fails to provide for a child it is called neglect and is a criminal matter. But when a non custodial parent fails to provide it is called failure to support and is a civil matter?

"Just when the caterpillar thought its world was over, it became a butterfly" ~ Michelle Knight
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mysteriew For This Useful Post:
Old 06-08-2012, 04:40 AM
Adji Desir, missing from Florida since January 2009

I think I'd rather move...

Maybe he should have told the people on the door he got a new job selling something, invested in a businesslike black, brown or gray suitcase, put some company stickers on it and make a point referring to the suitcase as his samples. I bet the pinkness of the suitcase attracted more attention.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Donjeta For This Useful Post:
Old 06-14-2012, 08:05 PM
Mostly Lurkin' ;)

Mary Kay Cosmetics... lol
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to J. Brannagh For This Useful Post: