Websleuths
Go Back   Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community > Featured Case Discussion > Hot Cases > Lisa Irwin Missing!

Notices

Lisa Irwin Missing! 10 mo old Lisa Irwin disappeared from her crib in the middle of the night. Where is she?


Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 06-11-2012, 10:58 PM
eileenhawkeye eileenhawkeye is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 6,751
Why hasn't there been an arrest?

If Deborah is guilty, why hasn't she been arrested?

Do you believe LE has a lack of evidence? Do you think they need to find Lisa before they can move forward? How big of a role is the benefactor and their team playing in Deborah being a free woman? How much power do they really have---or are we mistaking TV air time for power/influence?

(BTW, if you think an intruder is responsible, feel free to comment too.)
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to eileenhawkeye For This Useful Post:
  #2  
Old 06-11-2012, 11:40 PM
Meri's Avatar
Meri Meri is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: California
Posts: 627
Quote:
Originally Posted by eileenhawkeye View Post
If Deborah is guilty, why hasn't she been arrested?

Do you believe LE has a lack of evidence? Do you think they need to find Lisa before they can move forward? How big of a role is the benefactor and their team playing in Deborah being a free woman? How much power do they really have---or are we mistaking TV air time for power/influence?

(BTW, if you think an intruder is responsible, feel free to comment too.)
I think there is a lack of evidence. I do not think Baby Lisa needs to be found (I'm assuming you mean her body) before an arrest can be made. I absolutely do not believe the benefactor has anything to do with anything.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Meri For This Useful Post:
  #3  
Old 06-11-2012, 11:57 PM
KsStormy's Avatar
KsStormy KsStormy is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Kansas
Posts: 488
I think they are making sure there won't be another Casey Anthony fiasco.
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to KsStormy For This Useful Post:
  #4  
Old 06-11-2012, 11:59 PM
LadyL's Avatar
LadyL LadyL is offline
Until they all come home
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 7,243
I'm assuming they don't have any evidence or she would've been arrested by now (and, yes, I believe she is responsible for the disappearance of her daughter).
__________________
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to LadyL For This Useful Post:
  #5  
Old 06-12-2012, 10:47 AM
dog.gone.cute's Avatar
dog.gone.cute dog.gone.cute is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: New Orleans
Posts: 7,368
Quote:
Originally Posted by KsStormy View Post
I think they are making sure there won't be another Casey Anthony fiasco.

That was my "first thought" as well ...

as to why there have been no arrests :

1. There is "no shortage" of SODDI's in and around the neighborhood that Deb and Jeremy's defense attorneyS would try to "pin this on" ... and that might raise "doubt" in the minds of the jury ...

2. No body : while I completely understand that the DA can bring forth a case withOUT a body, there is no "crime scene" that we KNOW OF ... we know there is evidence that the dog "hit" in DB's bedroom, but nothing that we know of regarding any blood evidence, etc. that would clearly indicate a "crime scene" ...

3. The "3 missing cell phones" : there is a reason LE wanted those phones ... they searched "high and low" for those 3 phones ... and they have NEVER turned up ...

4. JMO, but I believe LE and the DA know who "disappeared" Baby Lisa ... what they may be uncertain of is WHO helped Deb and WHO ELSE to charge with WHAT ...

JMO MOO ...

I sure wish there would be some sort of break in the case for Baby Lisa !
__________________
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to dog.gone.cute For This Useful Post:
  #6  
Old 06-12-2012, 11:15 AM
Melon Melon is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 165
Quote:
Originally Posted by dog.gone.cute View Post
That was my "first thought" as well ...

as to why there have been no arrests :

1. There is "no shortage" of SODDI's in and around the neighborhood that Deb and Jeremy's defense attorneyS would try to "pin this on" ... and that might raise "doubt" in the minds of the jury ...

2. No body : while I completely understand that the DA can bring forth a case withOUT a body, there is no "crime scene" that we KNOW OF ... we know there is evidence that the dog "hit" in DB's bedroom, but nothing that we know of regarding any blood evidence, etc. that would clearly indicate a "crime scene" ...

3. The "3 missing cell phones" : there is a reason LE wanted those phones ... they searched "high and low" for those 3 phones ... and they have NEVER turned up ...

4. JMO, but I believe LE and the DA know who "disappeared" Baby Lisa ... what they may be uncertain of is WHO helped Deb and WHO ELSE to charge with WHAT ...

JMO MOO ...

I sure wish there would be some sort of break in the case for Baby Lisa !
I think your point #1 is a really good point. Finding and eliminating those mystery men would be a very prudent task for LE. It would be a good idea to kill off as much doubt as you can before filing charges. I would love to see the looks on the faces of the whole Bradley/Irwin camp when/if they find out all the mystery men have been accounted for and cleared.

I said in another thread I would be surprised if any charges were filed prior to a year out. There are two other fairly recent cases in MO with no body recovered and it took over a year to file charges. I am thinking it will be at least that long here.
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Melon For This Useful Post:
  #7  
Old 06-12-2012, 12:02 PM
dog.gone.cute's Avatar
dog.gone.cute dog.gone.cute is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: New Orleans
Posts: 7,368
Quote:
Originally Posted by Melon View Post
I think your point #1 is a really good point. Finding and eliminating those mystery men would be a very prudent task for LE. It would be a good idea to kill off as much doubt as you can before filing charges. I would love to see the looks on the faces of the whole Bradley/Irwin camp when/if they find out all the mystery men have been accounted for and cleared.

I said in another thread I would be surprised if any charges were filed prior to a year out. There are two other fairly recent cases in MO with no body recovered and it took over a year to file charges. I am thinking it will be at least that long here.

Yes, the "mystery men" ...

The defense team would have a "field day" with the number of possibilities if this case were brought to trial :

1. The "Handyman" Jersey ... who is currently in

2. Dane G -- isn't he currently in

3. The Neighbor SB's Hubby, JB ...

4. "Mystery Man" seen by MT [man on motorcycle]

5. "Mystery Man" seen by neighbors ...

6. The "White Blob" seen near the gas station ...

7. The person who received the "Mysterious Phone Call" from Deb's cell phone the night Lisa went missing, and anyone else who was living at that house ...



Did I leave anyone out ? If I did, please feel free to add to the list ...

__________________
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to dog.gone.cute For This Useful Post:
  #8  
Old 06-12-2012, 12:04 PM
4Jacy's Avatar
4Jacy 4Jacy is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 3,208
Quote:
Originally Posted by Melon View Post
I think your point #1 is a really good point. Finding and eliminating those mystery men would be a very prudent task for LE. It would be a good idea to kill off as much doubt as you can before filing charges. I would love to see the looks on the faces of the whole Bradley/Irwin camp when/if they find out all the mystery men have been accounted for and cleared.

I said in another thread I would be surprised if any charges were filed prior to a year out. There are two other fairly recent cases in MO with no body recovered and it took over a year to file charges. I am thinking it will be at least that long here.
BBM

I thought they had already eliminated these men, and if not, why not. Even though I don't believe anyone but DB/JI/PN did this crime, because there are no footprints, fingerprints, fibers, etc., I still think it would be prudent since the defense will use these men as an excuse at trial.
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to 4Jacy For This Useful Post:
  #9  
Old 06-12-2012, 12:11 PM
dog.gone.cute's Avatar
dog.gone.cute dog.gone.cute is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: New Orleans
Posts: 7,368
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Jacy View Post
BBM

I thought they had already eliminated these men, and if not, why not. Even though I don't believe anyone but DB/JI/PN did this crime, because there are no footprints, fingerprints, fibers, etc., I still think it would be prudent since the defense will use these men as an excuse at trial.

I thought so, too, 4Jacy !

JMO ... but I think LE knows that these "mystery men" were nothing but a "smoke screen" created by the real "perp[s]" to throw the "focus" off of themselves ...

While I do believe LE looked into the possibility of these "mystery men", they knew that these "mystery men" was a "creation" of Bill Stanton & Company ...

It's a shame LE didn't run BS out of town the minute he showed up ... he's not licensed to "PI" there ...

__________________
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to dog.gone.cute For This Useful Post:
  #10  
Old 06-12-2012, 12:18 PM
Melon Melon is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 165
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Jacy View Post
BBM

I thought they had already eliminated these men, and if not, why not. Even though I don't believe anyone but DB/JI/PN did this crime, because there are no footprints, fingerprints, fibers, etc., I still think it would be prudent since the defense will use these men as an excuse at trial.
Can someone tell me what BBM means? I truly cannot figure that one out.

And jumping off your post to explain my position a bit further......
I would hope they have found and cleared all of the mystery men. Doing so probably added a significant chunk of time to the investigation. Sometimes things that seem like they would be simple to investigate take more time than one would think.

Some are of the notion that since there has not been an arrest, it's due to lack of evidence or lack of enough evidence. I do not fall into that camp, I think each variable adds more work into to the investigation, which adds time.
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Melon For This Useful Post:
  #11  
Old 06-12-2012, 12:47 PM
norest4thewicked's Avatar
norest4thewicked norest4thewicked is offline
Karma is a beautiful thing ~
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: USA
Posts: 5,895
Every case is different, and while we would like to have seen DB arrested months ago, it hasn't happened yet. As we all can attest to, this case has been very sparse with info from the beginning. It happened a mere 3 months after the travesty of justice for poor little Caylee Anthony. I truly believe that LE and the DA's office are getting all their ducks in a row before making an arrest. If we look back at similar cases, we can ask the same question. Kyron Horman, Ayla Reynolds, Sky Metalwala, Jahessye Shockley, Aliayah Lunsford, Haleigh Cummings, Isabel Celis...and so many others, have proven to us that an arrest is not always in the cards.

I do believe that LE has a lot of evidence in this case, but I also believe that they are taking it very slow and making sure that when they do make an arrest, that it will mean a conviction for everyone responsible for the disappearance of Lisa.
__________________
Please consider my comments as my opinion. I don't ask that you agree with me and you are free to scroll past my post. Thanks for respecting my opinion as much as I respect yours.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Please help identify the unidentified photos found in the storage locker of serial killer, Rodney Alcala.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Help-F...61183953929612
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to norest4thewicked For This Useful Post:
  #12  
Old 06-12-2012, 12:48 PM
RANCH's Avatar
RANCH RANCH is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Sacramento CA
Posts: 5,629
Quote:
Originally Posted by Melon View Post
Can someone tell me what BBM means? I truly cannot figure that one out.

And jumping off your post to explain my position a bit further......
I would hope they have found and cleared all of the mystery men. Doing so probably added a significant chunk of time to the investigation. Sometimes things that seem like they would be simple to investigate take more time than one would think.

Some are of the notion that since there has not been an arrest, it's due to lack of evidence or lack of enough evidence. I do not fall into that camp, I think each variable adds more work into to the investigation, which adds time.
BBM
Bolded By Me.
This thread should help.

NEW Websleuths Lingo - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to RANCH For This Useful Post:
  #13  
Old 06-12-2012, 12:49 PM
Donjeta's Avatar
Donjeta Donjeta is offline
Adji Desir, missing from Florida since January 2009
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 16,266
BBM= bolded by me
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Donjeta For This Useful Post:
  #14  
Old 06-12-2012, 12:50 PM
norest4thewicked's Avatar
norest4thewicked norest4thewicked is offline
Karma is a beautiful thing ~
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: USA
Posts: 5,895
Quote:
Originally Posted by Melon View Post
Can someone tell me what BBM means? I truly cannot figure that one out.

And jumping off your post to explain my position a bit further......
I would hope they have found and cleared all of the mystery men. Doing so probably added a significant chunk of time to the investigation. Sometimes things that seem like they would be simple to investigate take more time than one would think.

Some are of the notion that since there has not been an arrest, it's due to lack of evidence or lack of enough evidence. I do not fall into that camp, I think each variable adds more work into to the investigation, which adds time.
Melon - BBM means "bold by me". For example, bolding a quote when a poster wants to respond to just a certain point in someone elses post.
__________________
Please consider my comments as my opinion. I don't ask that you agree with me and you are free to scroll past my post. Thanks for respecting my opinion as much as I respect yours.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Please help identify the unidentified photos found in the storage locker of serial killer, Rodney Alcala.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Help-F...61183953929612
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to norest4thewicked For This Useful Post:
  #15  
Old 06-12-2012, 08:53 PM
redheadedgal's Avatar
redheadedgal redheadedgal is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: BC -- for now
Posts: 3,783
Quote:
Originally Posted by Melon View Post
Can someone tell me what BBM means? I truly cannot figure that one out.

Boozin' Baby Momma?

B
awlin' Baby Momma?

B
luffin' Baby Momma?

B
radley's Big Moment (in the spotlight)?




The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to redheadedgal For This Useful Post:
  #16  
Old 06-12-2012, 10:49 PM
RANCH's Avatar
RANCH RANCH is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Sacramento CA
Posts: 5,629
I'm not sure why there hasn't been an arrest in the case of missing Lisa Irwin.

Is it because of a lack of evidence? Maybe. I have no idea what LE has in the way of evidence. They could have a lot of evidence pointing to Deborah Bradley and Jeremy Irwin. Or they could have a lot of evidence pointing to an intruder. I'm not sure.

As for not having a body preventing an arrest, it's been shown many times that a body isn't necessary to arrest and convict someone of murder. But there needs to be evidence showing that a person is guilty of the crime.

I don't see how the "benefactor" and associates could manipulate the evidence after the fact to prevent an arrest of anyone. They were probably a factor in DB/JI not talking to LE, but not obstructing justice as far as I can tell.

As for LE working on eliminating potential "mystery men" suspects, I'm not sure why any serious suspects would not be eliminated by now. I don't think that Bill Stanton "created" these people, but he has used there existence to point to possible suspects other than DB/JI.

As far as preventing a possible defense down the road by investigating and eliminating any man or woman who could have been able to abduct Lisa and therefore prove that DB is guilty seems to be asking too much from LE. To be able to remove "all" doubt that SODDI may mean LE would have to alibi every person within driving distance of Lisa's home. I think that a jury will need more than "We couldn't find anyone else so Debbie must have done it".

Maybe it will take more time for LE to put a case together and make an arrest. All I hope for is that justice is served. JMO.
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to RANCH For This Useful Post:
  #17  
Old 06-12-2012, 11:19 PM
eileenhawkeye eileenhawkeye is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 6,751
Okay so I think that the lawyers became involved in this case because they thought it would be the next Anthony trial. It's been eight months, no arrest, so why are the media-hungry lawyers still involved? Is it because they still think there could be an arrest? Maybe the case isn't as cold as it might appear.

Now if the case doesn't go trial, the only way that the lawyers can continue to generate $$$ and attention from it is if they can "sell" it to the public and the media as an unsolved mystery. I wonder if the "debit card story" was maybe a way to gauge the interest?
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to eileenhawkeye For This Useful Post:
  #18  
Old 06-12-2012, 11:47 PM
RANCH's Avatar
RANCH RANCH is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Sacramento CA
Posts: 5,629
Quote:
Originally Posted by KsStormy View Post
I think they are making sure there won't be another Casey Anthony fiasco.
I'm not sure how the "Casey Anthony fiasco" relates to this case. She was arrested fairly soon after it was known that Caylee was missing. There was plenty of evidence to show her guilt. It was during jury selection that the case was lost. There hasn't been an arrest or charges or jury selection in this case yet. I see nothing in common with Casey Anthony. JMO
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to RANCH For This Useful Post:
  #19  
Old 06-13-2012, 12:03 AM
RANCH's Avatar
RANCH RANCH is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Sacramento CA
Posts: 5,629
Quote:
Originally Posted by eileenhawkeye View Post
Okay so I think that the lawyers became involved in this case because they thought it would be the next Anthony trial. It's been eight months, no arrest, so why are the media-hungry lawyers still involved? Is it because they still think there could be an arrest? Maybe the case isn't as cold as it might appear.

Now if the case doesn't go trial, the only way that the lawyers can continue to generate $$$ and attention from it is if they can "sell" it to the public and the media as an unsolved mystery. I wonder if the "debit card story" was maybe a way to gauge the interest?
Maybe we could start a thread about the lawyers motives?
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to RANCH For This Useful Post:
  #20  
Old 06-13-2012, 12:56 AM
eileenhawkeye eileenhawkeye is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 6,751
Quote:
Originally Posted by RANCH View Post
Maybe we could start a thread about the lawyers motives?
Done.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to eileenhawkeye For This Useful Post:
  #21  
Old 06-13-2012, 02:33 AM
Chris_Texas's Avatar
Chris_Texas Chris_Texas is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 1,945
They have no body.

Today's TV trained American jurors demand the answers to every possible question. They like everything tied up in an easily digestible package, preferably with no large words involved. As Casey Anthony proved, all you have to do is hide the body long enough and you walk (in my opinion).

Though actually it's probably unfair to single out Casey. She has had quite a few apt pupils follow in her footsteps. In my opinion, this case is about one of them.
__________________
DISCLAIMER: The above is my OPINION only. Unless stated otherwise, I neither claim nor imply any inside knowledge or expert opinion about any subject I happen to be discussing. The reader assumes full responsibility for any conclusions my writing might cause them to reach. Warning: may cause drowsiness, do not operate heavy machinery while reading
The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to Chris_Texas For This Useful Post:
  #22  
Old 06-16-2012, 11:43 AM
Shelby1's Avatar
Shelby1 Shelby1 is offline
Cancer Sucks
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: The Land of Oz
Posts: 3,342
My heart is broken over this case. For a while, I've found it hard to even come to this section to get updates. And, that's not like me.
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Shelby1 For This Useful Post:
  #23  
Old 06-16-2012, 04:22 PM
ExpectingUnicorns's Avatar
ExpectingUnicorns ExpectingUnicorns is offline
. . . only the pure of heart can see.
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 4,074
Where is Baby Lisa?
She's looking for someone to find her.


__________________
The heart of the pure can see, but my eyes have never seen the unicorn . . .
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to ExpectingUnicorns For This Useful Post:
  #24  
Old 06-16-2012, 09:26 PM
4Jacy's Avatar
4Jacy 4Jacy is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 3,208
Quote:
Originally Posted by ExpectingUnicorns View Post
Where is Baby Lisa?
She's looking for someone to find her.


My prediction (sadly): she will never be found. I wonder how many nightmares DB/JI/PN have each night. I hope their days are tormented also!!!!!!!
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to 4Jacy For This Useful Post:
  #25  
Old 06-17-2012, 11:34 PM
ExpectingUnicorns's Avatar
ExpectingUnicorns ExpectingUnicorns is offline
. . . only the pure of heart can see.
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 4,074
Quote:
Originally Posted by ExpectingUnicorns View Post
Where is Baby Lisa?
She's looking for someone to find her.


Look. Look one more time at this photo that DB took that we have all seen at least a hundred times. This picture has haunted me ever since the first time I saw it and I think I finally figured out why.

DB is out on the infamous front porch again. Does this child look happy or not? IMO, Baby Lisa is clearly not happy so I would think DB is not freshly returning from any errand or coming home after any extended separation. It does not look like Lisa is pleased to see her momma. Looks like the opposite to me.

Why would anyone go outside the door to take a picture of her children?

Spontaneous and impulsive as this shot may be, having heard this sweet baby's mother talk so insistently about her "adult time," the expression on Baby Lisa's face makes me even sadder. I know all babies have separation anxiety ~ but why in the world anyone want to take a picture of that? Was it an innocent typical and candid moment that DB wanted to catch or was it a subconscious record of something deeper?

If I didn't know any background I would think this was just a quick photo of a beautiful child ~ but because of the circumstances and having heard her parents talk on many occasions ~ my heart is pierced.

This picture, this case, these parents make me feel very, very sad.
__________________
The heart of the pure can see, but my eyes have never seen the unicorn . . .
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to ExpectingUnicorns For This Useful Post:
Closed Thread

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Why hasn't the SA charged EJ w/homicide, will he, and when? BeanE Gabriel Johnson 12 04-18-2010 09:12 PM
POLYGRAPH"S who has and who hasn't elle1919 Haleigh Cummings 16 04-10-2010 12:56 AM
Tony Lazzaro ~ WHY hasn't he gone public ? Lake Erie Princess Caylee Anthony 2 years old 49 09-03-2008 01:09 PM
Man hasn't slept in 33 years Jean Bizarre and Off-Beat News 46 02-24-2006 10:52 PM


© Copyright Websleuths 1999-2012 New To Site? Need Help?
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:37 AM.

Advertisements

Pre-Order Imperfect Justice: Prosecuting Casey Anthony today!