Websleuths
Go Back   Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community > Crimes and Trials > Trials > Recently Sentenced and Beyond > Kathleen Savio

Notices

Kathleen Savio The trial of Drew Peterson in the death of his third wife Kathleen while his fourth wife Stacy remains missing.


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 06-19-2012, 09:45 AM
mysteriew's Avatar
mysteriew mysteriew is offline
A diamond in process
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 23,120
Our Expectations

I was reading Hosey's book to refamiliarize myself with the case and had this 'vision'. I 'saw' the trial in session and JB and DrewP sitting together with their heads together giggling together over some comment one had made to the other.... sort of like high school.

On this case I really don't know what to expect. I hope there is a guilty verdict, but I know the evidence is slim, they have a lot to overcome (previously determined an accident) and there has been a lot of rumor. LE has been pretty quiet on their findings, so the evidence they hold is pretty much unknown. Most of the time I am pretty confident in a case but this one I worry about.
__________________
Just when I think that I have seen the most depraved things a human can do to another human, somebody posts a new story...........

Why is it that when a custodial parent fails to provide for a child it is called neglect and is a criminal matter. But when a non custodial parent fails to provide it is called failure to support and is a civil matter?


"Just when the caterpillar thought its world was over, it became a butterfly" ~ Michelle Knight
Reply With Quote
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to mysteriew For This Useful Post:
  #2  
Old 06-20-2012, 08:41 AM
Coldpizza's Avatar
Coldpizza Coldpizza is offline
WS Moderator
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: CA always, FL now
Posts: 10,100
I'm worried as well. The State knows so much more than they will probably be allowed to present in court. They barely have circumstantial evidence. One can only hope the Jury will listen carefully to the second autopsy report and tie that in with the hearsay.

I wonder how much will be allowed as far as Stacy is concerned? I know the Pastor will testify but undoubtedly that will be limited beyond that.

DP is a classic "eraser" IMO and I hope he never see's the light of day.

ACR has a plethora of info on both Kathleen and Stacy's cases for those who would like to familiarize themselves.

http://www.acandyrose.com/kathleen_savio.htm
Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Coldpizza For This Useful Post:
  #3  
Old 06-20-2012, 01:50 PM
mysteriew's Avatar
mysteriew mysteriew is offline
A diamond in process
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 23,120
They do have motive, as far as the divorce disputes and the money he saved by her death. There was Kathleen's previous trip to the hosp. but that was much earlier in the marriage, so don't know if it will be considered related.

Yeah the info from Stacy is going to be a problem. After Kathleen's death she gave DrewP his alibi, and the prosecutors are going to have to address that because they will be providing a witness who says that she says different.

There is also Kathleen's letters to the prosecutors. But according to a book I am reading, those letters were actually written about a year before her death. Which means they are still important, but has less impact. Also in rereading them, they sound more rambling and less effective.

Previous autopsy says that Kathleen had old bruising on her body, two newest autopsies say that the bruising was a mix of old and new. They are going to have to overcome those differences.

I finished Hosey's book and am now reading one by Carlton Smith. This one has a lot of theory and supposition (and doesn't always specify when it strays into supposition and theory IMO.) In this book he makes a good case for DrewP to have been washing money for someone. And that would have been a good reason that DrewP has been able to acculmulate all his money and toys on a cops salary. If Kathleen knew about that, that could have been another motive... to keep her quiet. But if she knew about that why wouldn't she have brought it up in the letter she wrote to the DA?
__________________
Just when I think that I have seen the most depraved things a human can do to another human, somebody posts a new story...........

Why is it that when a custodial parent fails to provide for a child it is called neglect and is a criminal matter. But when a non custodial parent fails to provide it is called failure to support and is a civil matter?


"Just when the caterpillar thought its world was over, it became a butterfly" ~ Michelle Knight
Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to mysteriew For This Useful Post:
  #4  
Old 06-20-2012, 01:54 PM
seattlechiquita's Avatar
seattlechiquita seattlechiquita is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Coffeelandia
Posts: 4,256
Quote:
Originally Posted by mysteriew View Post
I was reading Hosey's book to refamiliarize myself with the case and had this 'vision'. I 'saw' the trial in session and JB and DrewP sitting together with their heads together giggling together over some comment one had made to the other.... sort of like high school.

On this case I really don't know what to expect. I hope there is a guilty verdict, but I know the evidence is slim, they have a lot to overcome (previously determined an accident) and there has been a lot of rumor. LE has been pretty quiet on their findings, so the evidence they hold is pretty much unknown. Most of the time I am pretty confident in a case but this one I worry about.
BBM -- thanks for the recommendation! I just requested the book from the library to get my head straight.

Do we know if we will have online streaming? I can only imagine DP feeling all Hollywood with cameras on him. A'hole.
__________________
Don't take yourself so seriously... nobody else does.
Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to seattlechiquita For This Useful Post:
  #5  
Old 06-21-2012, 02:24 PM
mysteriew's Avatar
mysteriew mysteriew is offline
A diamond in process
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 23,120
Yeah Hosey's book is probably the best as far as getting facts. The book I am reading by Smith, I feel like it is a blueprint for providing reasonable doubt. I don't doubt that I will be seeing some of it in the defense strategy.
__________________
Just when I think that I have seen the most depraved things a human can do to another human, somebody posts a new story...........

Why is it that when a custodial parent fails to provide for a child it is called neglect and is a criminal matter. But when a non custodial parent fails to provide it is called failure to support and is a civil matter?


"Just when the caterpillar thought its world was over, it became a butterfly" ~ Michelle Knight
Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mysteriew For This Useful Post:
  #6  
Old 06-21-2012, 02:29 PM
seattlechiquita's Avatar
seattlechiquita seattlechiquita is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Coffeelandia
Posts: 4,256
Quote:
Originally Posted by mysteriew View Post
Yeah Hosey's book is probably the best as far as getting facts. The book I am reading by Smith, I feel like it is a blueprint for providing reasonable doubt. I don't doubt that I will be seeing some of it in the defense strategy.
bbm Oh man... those two dreaded words...
__________________
Don't take yourself so seriously... nobody else does.
Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to seattlechiquita For This Useful Post:
  #7  
Old 07-05-2012, 04:33 PM
seattlechiquita's Avatar
seattlechiquita seattlechiquita is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Coffeelandia
Posts: 4,256
Finally got the Hosey book from the library. All I can say is
__________________
Don't take yourself so seriously... nobody else does.
Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to seattlechiquita For This Useful Post:
  #8  
Old 07-05-2012, 10:49 PM
redheadedgal's Avatar
redheadedgal redheadedgal is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: BC -- for now
Posts: 3,790
Quote:
Originally Posted by seattlechiquita View Post
Do we know if we will have online streaming? I can only imagine DP feeling all Hollywood with cameras on him

last i read (june 2012) it won't be televised...
__________________
*** THIS POST IS ONLY FOR USE ON WEBSLEUTHS -- DO NOT LINK OR COPY IT ELSEWHERE ***



what the massei motivation report against knox and sollectio really shows:

Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to redheadedgal For This Useful Post:
  #9  
Old 07-06-2012, 02:24 AM
Leila's Avatar
Leila Leila is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Southern California
Posts: 12,447
Like others here, I'm concerned about this case. I was so sure that the Florida jury would find CA guilty of murdering Caylee, and so shocked when she was aquitted, I no longer feel any case is a slam dunk. In this case, I'm sure that if DP is aquitted, we'd soon see a fifth wife, and another "disappearance" in a matter of a few years.

Other than what's been reported as this case unfolded, DPs behavior, and what we learned from the hearing on the hearsay evidence, we don't know what evidence LE and the prosecution have. But my guess is that they don't have the necessary evidence to make this case solid, or they wouldn't have pursued getting the hearsay evidence allowed into trial.

Although Illinois state law doesn't allow trials to be televised, we know we've got good courtroom reporters who will be spending courtroom breaks reporting on what's going on in the trial. We can expect lengthy articles summarizing the day's events each day.
__________________
My posts are my opinion..........


Reply With Quote
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Leila For This Useful Post:
  #10  
Old 07-12-2012, 02:55 AM
Okay then's Avatar
Okay then Okay then is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 172
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leila View Post
Like others here, I'm concerned about this case. I was so sure that the Florida jury would find CA guilty of murdering Caylee, and so shocked when she was aquitted, I no longer feel any case is a slam dunk. In this case, I'm sure that if DP is aquitted, we'd soon see a fifth wife, and another "disappearance" in a matter of a few years.

Other than what's been reported as this case unfolded, DPs behavior, and what we learned from the hearing on the hearsay evidence, we don't know what evidence LE and the prosecution have. But my guess is that they don't have the necessary evidence to make this case solid, or they wouldn't have pursued getting the hearsay evidence allowed into trial.

Although Illinois state law doesn't allow trials to be televised, we know we've got good courtroom reporters who will be spending courtroom breaks reporting on what's going on in the trial. We can expect lengthy articles summarizing the day's events each day.

IF he walks (and he might) I believe he will be promptly arrested and charged in SPs' murder case. Square 1 and all that. DP is not going to be walking free for a long time. jmo
Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Okay then For This Useful Post:
  #11  
Old 07-12-2012, 10:45 PM
AmandaReckonwith's Avatar
AmandaReckonwith AmandaReckonwith is offline
Defective Detective
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 3,125
I'm guessing most of you have seen the Case Archive for Stacy/Drew/Kathleen.
Here is the specific section for the Savio murder trial.
http://s296.photobucket.com/albums/m...0Savio%20Case/

About the courtroom cameras, well not for this trial. There is a process to go through to have news cameras, and it is not happening.

I am worried too... about the verdict in light of CA's fiasco.
__________________
Photos from various cases (click on left-column names on the main photobucket page...they are in alphabetical order) http://s296.photobucket.com/albums/mm166/crankycrankerson/

"LIKE" CCA: Crankycrankerson Case Archives on facebook, and please share the link: https://www.facebook.com/pages/CCA-C...479258?sk=wall
Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to AmandaReckonwith For This Useful Post:
  #12  
Old 07-21-2012, 05:20 PM
Leila's Avatar
Leila Leila is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Southern California
Posts: 12,447
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmandaReckonwith View Post
I'm guessing most of you have seen the Case Archive for Stacy/Drew/Kathleen.
Here is the specific section for the Savio murder trial.
http://s296.photobucket.com/albums/m...0Savio%20Case/

About the courtroom cameras, well not for this trial. There is a process to go through to have news cameras, and it is not happening.

I am worried too... about the verdict in light of CA's fiasco.
I've relied on your photobucket albums for many cases! You do an outstanding job of collecting all case related photos in one place, making it easy to find that one specific photo we're looking for. Thanks for all your work!
__________________
My posts are my opinion..........


Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Leila For This Useful Post:
  #13  
Old 08-02-2012, 06:14 AM
AbbieNormal's Avatar
AbbieNormal AbbieNormal is offline
Runs With Scissors
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 2,349
Quote:
Originally Posted by seattlechiquita View Post
BBM -- thanks for the recommendation! I just requested the book from the library to get my head straight.

Do we know if we will have online streaming? I can only imagine DP feeling all Hollywood with cameras on him. A'hole.
I looked around, even on UStream, for a Chicago area news channel but no luck. I will keep looking. At least after 3pm if the twitter isn't doing it for us we would be able to tune into a Chicago news channel and get some clue. I will post a link if I find one. I suspect many have already scoured the internet for something, anything to get some news from.

GOOD MORNING!!!
__________________

Rest in Peace, Robbi 1980-2012
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 08-02-2012, 06:24 AM
AbbieNormal's Avatar
AbbieNormal AbbieNormal is offline
Runs With Scissors
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 2,349
Here is one-

http://www.nbcchicago.com/on-air/as-...129648223.html

Site says they will have live stream at noon and 4:30 PLUS breaking news. Doesn't look as good as the great live streaming choices we had in Orlando area for FCA's trial, we got spoiled with that area's coverage. LOL.

Dang that judge for not allowing cameras in courtroom. Drew would REALLY be yuckking it up and making a fool of himself. Maybe show his a** and the jurors would get a front row seat to his bizarre and inappropriate behavior!
__________________

Rest in Peace, Robbi 1980-2012
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to AbbieNormal For This Useful Post:
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Closing Statement Expectations Fluffy Puppy Caylee Anthony 2 years old 19 07-02-2011 11:14 PM


© Copyright Websleuths 1999-2012 New To Site? Need Help?
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:40 PM.

Advertisements

Pre-Order Imperfect Justice: Prosecuting Casey Anthony today!