Websleuths
Go Back   Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community > Missing!! > Missing but not forgotten Discussion > Tara Grinstead

Notices

Tara Grinstead Missing from Ocilla, GA since October 22, 2005. Her cell phone was found inside the house. Her car was outside, unlocked. Her purse and keys were gone.

Old 05-11-2008, 12:43 AM
Retired WS Staff

POI-Marcus Harper

Was Marcus Harper responsible or involved in Tara's disappearance?

Please discuss this person of interest here.

Old 05-11-2008, 12:44 AM
Retired WS Staff

Pics

Old 07-08-2008, 01:00 PM
Life is not measured by the breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.

I believe that Marcus Harper was somehow involved with Tara's disappearance as well as her murder, as I believe Tara to be dead.

I also wonder if his girlfriend at the time wasn't somehow involved......

The lack of his DNA matching up on the glove that was found does not eliminate him as a POI in my mind.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to browneyedgirl For This Useful Post:
Old 05-15-2010, 06:35 PM

My one & only suspect is MH. I think he may have had help from his father or a friend in disposing of Tara's body which will never be recovered because the 1 or 2 guilty people will never admit involvement..... that has worked so far, almost 5 years.
Old 05-15-2010, 11:07 PM

During that "almost five years", what would MH's motive be? From what I have read, he was through with her.
The Following User Says Thank You to deer For This Useful Post:
Old 05-17-2010, 02:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by deer View Post
During that "almost five years", what would MH's motive be? From what I have read, he was through with her.
But she was hanging on, I think he was fed up & just cleared the way for his newly-found life as a bachelor.
Old 05-17-2010, 04:46 PM
Prayers for Tripp ~ Team Boom

I don't see a motive for MH either. She was his ex-gf and he had apparently made that clear to her. She was still hung up on him, but was also having a relationship with another man. Why isn't more attention given to this man? He was in Ocilla during the weekend as well.

MH has an alibi; even though some find it suspicious. Coming from a small town myself, I don't find it suspicious that he did a ride along that night with a friend and former co-worker. It happens often in my small town and many times it is a spur of the moment decision.

Last edited by Bree0372; 05-17-2010 at 04:48 PM. Reason: Correct an error
Old 05-28-2010, 11:16 PM

Just going by gut, I don't think that Marcus Harper murdered Tara. I am going to read the other threads on Tara here at WS to see what other suspects may have been presented that I haven't heard of.

My heart goes out to Tara's family and the friends who loved her so very much. Prayers for justice for Tara.
Old 05-29-2010, 01:54 AM

I've read all the threads and do not know what to think...I think it is possible that the ex was also angered that Tara apparently had filed a complaint against his friend the police officer and the two of them together that night could have worked themselves up into wanting to confront her...
But...they had a number of people who had seen them throughout that night; one officer said the alibi was almost "too good" in fact. But police also say they do not know what time Tara vanished.
I also feel certain she is no longer alive and that she would not have left her life, her family and her dog, even if she was upset and I don't know that she was more upset than any other time that night. She did seem to have a very complicated love life, though, which is why there are so many people to consider. Still, I don't know why any of them would want to harm her
Old 03-06-2011, 10:13 AM

My question is - what kind of alibi is it that he was doing his rounds with her married guy friend she was seeing the night Tara disappeared? Is this correct? Was he the same guy who left the calling card and called like 20 times? Heath could have been covering his tracks. One or both of them could have backtracked and killed her and put her body somewhere temporarily and had help. Then go back to the house and straighten up with the latex gloves. Any blood found at the scene of the crime?
Old 01-07-2012, 02:44 AM

He has always been my number one suspect. She took off after him that evening after getting the phone call from the bar. She threw a fit and he may have hit or pushed her.
I pray they find her and justice is done.
The Following User Says Thank You to NancynNC For This Useful Post:
Old 01-29-2012, 02:23 AM

He is my number one suspect.

I find it difficult to understand how, after all these years, Tara's disappearance remains unsolved.

There isn't much here about the case. It has taken me less than 2 hours to read every thread on Tara.

What I find hinky, and never saw an explanation for, was the fact that some searchers were going to look on some private property near MH residence, they had permission from the owners, but the sheriff shut down the searchers at the request of MH and his mother.

How was this allowed and why was a bigger stink not made about it?
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to WhiteLilly For This Useful Post:
Old 01-29-2012, 08:07 AM
For nothing is secret that will not be revealed

Unless there is a warrant or a subpoena in play, law enforcement cannot force themselves onto anyone's property and search. That is why they ask permission.

Marcus' alibi has a pretty tight timeline-for me the question would be the veracity of the person who corroberates it for him.

I like her BIL for it, fwiw. That is JMO, not to mention the good doc went on National Television (Montel Williams show) and broke that he failed the poly.

Long Lost Love: The Bob Harrod Story Disappeared/ID Network
Amazon: Purchase Long Lost Love $1.99

Bob Harrod SAR

“The first time someone shows you who they are, believe them.”
― Maya Angelou
Old 06-30-2012, 02:25 AM

I believe MH and his buddy called her that night and she went to met him in a hurry just bringing her keys and wallet. The buddy told MH about the complaint and MH knew she still had feelings for him, so he knew she would come. The seat pulled back explains that a tall individual drove her car back to her house. I believe the lamp knocked over and the latex glove was set up just to throw off the investigation. It sounds to me this whole case was covered up by LE.
The Following User Says Thank You to Louisianagirl2012 For This Useful Post:
Old 06-30-2012, 02:29 AM

Was her recent cellphone activity investigated and what was found? Did they look into the wife of the cop from the next town?
Old 07-06-2012, 01:23 AM
absit invidia

Not much on him here, is there?

Did a thread about Marcus get deleted or something? He was apparently an important person in Tara's life for a long time, but not much is written about him here.

Are there more photos of the 2 of them together? Sometimes, body language can be meaningful... Some people pick up things that others don't.. Just saying.

Did they use any type of aircraft with heat sensors flying over the family's farm property soon after Tara went missing? If not, does anyone know why not?
I am " Social Media" phobic BY CHOICE. I do not read personal blogs, I do not have, nor will I follow, any Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, MySpace accounts or any other like network. I do NOT Google or otherwise seek info regarding people related to victims. I do not STALK families of victims, so don't tell me to "Google" a blog or another site.
UNLESS A LINK IS POSTED, MY POSTS REFLECT MY OPINION ONLY.
The Following User Says Thank You to SeekingJana For This Useful Post:
Old 01-21-2014, 06:48 PM

It has been a long time since the last post on here. There are 10-20 threads on other missing person pages here in WS. I realize it has been a long time but Tara is not forgotten. I am from small town GA & know many people who knew & love her. This case really only has 2 scenarios IMO. She left on her own or was murdered by someone she knew. I don't think she would not have put up a fight and/or screamed if it were a stranger inside her house. Where are you at Tara?
The Following User Says Thank You to lstiff For This Useful Post:
Old 04-15-2014, 05:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lstiff View Post
It has been a long time since the last post on here. There are 10-20 threads on other missing person pages here in WS. I realize it has been a long time but Tara is not forgotten. I am from small town GA & know many people who knew & love her. This case really only has 2 scenarios IMO. She left on her own or was murdered by someone she knew. I don't think she would not have put up a fight and/or screamed if it were a stranger inside her house. Where are you at Tara?
Its been a little too quiet about this case the last 2 years......disturbing