Websleuths
Go Back   Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community > Missing!! > Located Forum Discussion

Notices

Located Forum Discussion Discussion for those who were missing and are now located


Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #851  
Old 06-30-2012, 01:30 AM
SmoothOperator's Avatar
SmoothOperator SmoothOperator is offline
Sadly what connects all these puzzles is that there's a victim@the heart of each
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 5,571
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knox View Post
Violet Green, who used to live with Bennett, told 24 Hour News 8 as soon as she heard about Carnel, she feared the worst.

She's known Bennett for five years. He lived with her while he was dating her granddaughter. She believes he's responsible for Carnel's death.

"We slowly found out he (Bennett) wasn't a good person," she said. "It breaks my heart that somebody could do something to a child like that. Who sets somebody on fire? I want to know, did that boy suffer? Did he set him on fire alive, or did he beat him first and then set him on fire?"

Bennett, she said, was in and out of jail for much of his life. She finally kicked him out of her home when she saw his violent side first-hand.

"When he left, he took (my granddaughter's) dog and that when he kill her dog and set it on fire."

Bennett's criminal history dates back nearly a decade. Among other things, there was a restraining order against him for allegedly assaulting an ex-girlfriend and threatening to kill her father.

Months later, he tried to escape from a police officer who was trying to arrest him for drunk driving. And when Bennett was 15, he told another youth he had stabbed his sister and was going to stab that youth, too.

24 Hour News 8 requested documents from the tribal court about Bennett's criminal past on the reservation, but it was denied "for the protection of the community."

http://www.woodtv.com/dpp/news/local...mplaint-062912


ETA - Also information about Bennett's Attorney at link.
Above in red by me! ..my God this monster did this same thing to his eex girlfriends dog.. what he's done to precious Carnel!!
__________________
The quickest way to become a fool is to argue with one..
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to SmoothOperator For This Useful Post:
  #852  
Old 06-30-2012, 01:54 AM
doubt doubt is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 456
ya know...i get the frustration with this mom. really, i do.

but imo, it's disturbing to see so many pile on with the accusations regarding ''stupid'' women, ''reckless'' women, the terrible mothers who don't protect their children etc.....without seeing anyone, once, get to the heart of the matter, here.

the heart of the matter in what i agree seems to be an epidemic of children dying at the hands of the SO of their mothers is this: what kind of a society have we become when so many of our young women lack the slightest bit of self-worth? where and why and how did so many daughters grow up to believe that they were a failure without a man, and that any man would do? why? why?

while this is not the case all the time, i believe this mother loved her child and had she understood what sort of devil she was sleeping with, she never would have done so. i heard that her brother introduced the two of them. likely, she trusted him even more because of this. when she claimed "he said he loved me,'' personally, my heart broke more for this young woman. because the truth is, i would bet all of you that she absolutely believed it. yes, it clouded her judgment. yes, it cost her her beautiful son.

i don't think any criminal charge is warranted, nor do i think it would help. she has lost her child. now, what i want to know is....who is going to teach this young woman that real love doesn't leave bruises on child or mother, real love doesn't invoke fear, and that she deserves better than a monster who merely poses as a man from time to time.

i wonder what her relationship with her father was like.

poor carnell. his eyes are haunting. my heart breaks.
  #853  
Old 06-30-2012, 02:08 AM
Jacie Estes's Avatar
Jacie Estes Jacie Estes is offline
DV Advocate
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Black Hills
Posts: 5,505
Quote:
Originally Posted by doubt View Post
ya know...i get the frustration with this mom. really, i do.

but imo, it's disturbing to see so many pile on with the accusations regarding ''stupid'' women, ''reckless'' women, the terrible mothers who don't protect their children etc.....without seeing anyone, once, get to the heart of the matter, here.

the heart of the matter in what i agree seems to be an epidemic of children dying at the hands of the SO of their mothers is this: what kind of a society have we become when so many of our young women lack the slightest bit of self-worth? where and why and how did so many daughters grow up to believe that they were a failure without a man, and that any man would do? why? why?

while this is not the case all the time, i believe this mother loved her child and had she understood what sort of devil she was sleeping with, she never would have done so. i heard that her brother introduced the two of them. likely, she trusted him even more because of this. when she claimed "he said he loved me,'' personally, my heart broke more for this young woman. because the truth is, i would bet all of you that she absolutely believed it. yes, it clouded her judgment. yes, it cost her her beautiful son.

i don't think any criminal charge is warranted, nor do i think it would help. she has lost her child. now, what i want to know is....who is going to teach this young woman that real love doesn't leave bruises on child or mother, real love doesn't invoke fear, and that she deserves better than a monster who merely poses as a man from time to time.

i wonder what her relationship with her father was like.

poor carnell. his eyes are haunting. my heart breaks.


I agree 1000% with your post.
__________________

****
http://grandmotherscouncil.org/
****
My Facebook page; I am grateful for the fact that two people who joined had colonoscopies, discovered cancer and are on the way to healing through treatment. Colonoscopies save lives!

www.facebook.com/WaitWhereAmIGoing
****
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Jacie Estes For This Useful Post:
  #854  
Old 06-30-2012, 07:31 AM
~n/t~'s Avatar
~n/t~ ~n/t~ is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 17,102
Quote:
Originally Posted by doubt View Post
ya know...i get the frustration with this mom. really, i do.

but imo, it's disturbing to see so many pile on with the accusations regarding ''stupid'' women, ''reckless'' women, the terrible mothers who don't protect their children etc.....without seeing anyone, once, get to the heart of the matter, here.

the heart of the matter in what i agree seems to be an epidemic of children dying at the hands of the SO of their mothers is this: what kind of a society have we become when so many of our young women lack the slightest bit of self-worth? where and why and how did so many daughters grow up to believe that they were a failure without a man, and that any man would do? why? why?

while this is not the case all the time, i believe this mother loved her child and had she understood what sort of devil she was sleeping with, she never would have done so. i heard that her brother introduced the two of them. likely, she trusted him even more because of this. when she claimed "he said he loved me,'' personally, my heart broke more for this young woman. because the truth is, i would bet all of you that she absolutely believed it. yes, it clouded her judgment. yes, it cost her her beautiful son.

i don't think any criminal charge is warranted, nor do i think it would help. she has lost her child. now, what i want to know is....who is going to teach this young woman that real love doesn't leave bruises on child or mother, real love doesn't invoke fear, and that she deserves better than a monster who merely poses as a man from time to time.

i wonder what her relationship with her father was like.

poor carnell. his eyes are haunting. my heart breaks.

IMO, if I hadn't known of the previous abuse and what this monster did to little Carnel previous to his murder, I would feel differently about the mom. She knew about the abuse and did nothing and that is what makes me very angry. No child should be sacrificed for "love".

Reading here, it sounds like she had/has a lot of family and friend support and that's why I don't understand why she allowed this monster to continue living in her house. Would you allow a babysitter to continue to babysit your child if you witnessed your child being physically and mentally abused?

I just don't get it. How desperate does a woman have to be for "love"? Yes, she's a young single mom but that's no excuse, imo.
The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to ~n/t~ For This Useful Post:
  #855  
Old 06-30-2012, 09:33 AM
AmandaReckonwith's Avatar
AmandaReckonwith AmandaReckonwith is offline
Defective Detective
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 3,108
Case Archive is updated:

http://s296.photobucket.com/albums/m...ain%20%20-MI-/
__________________
Photos from various cases (click on left-column names on the main photobucket page...they are in alphabetical order) http://s296.photobucket.com/albums/mm166/crankycrankerson/

"LIKE" CCA: Crankycrankerson Case Archives on facebook, and please share the link: https://www.facebook.com/pages/CCA-C...479258?sk=wall
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to AmandaReckonwith For This Useful Post:
  #856  
Old 06-30-2012, 11:06 AM
TexasLil's Avatar
TexasLil TexasLil is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Texas USA
Posts: 2,364
Quote:
Originally Posted by SmoothOperator View Post
Above in red by me! ..my God this monster did this same thing to his eex girlfriends dog.. what he's done to precious Carnel!!
Jaimee I pray you get help to rise above and beyond what you've been involved in. Your son is gone but you may live to have more children someday. Please please please don't allow yourself to fall into this kind of lifestyle again. Get enrolled in school and set your sights on something higher. Have a vision of a normal family absent of abuse. You are better than this!
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to TexasLil For This Useful Post:
  #857  
Old 06-30-2012, 11:58 AM
amysmom amysmom is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Red Sox Nation
Posts: 3,591
I believe it was just learned on NG last night that Carnel was outside alone! in a yard with a POOL! The 'mom' didn't say or act like that wasn't "allowed" so I'm gonna assume it was? NG may have made a comment like "there's a POOL"? but never asked that important Q..She did, however, make a disgusted looking face as if she also assumed? it was..That alone shows what kind of 'protection' this poor child did NOT have by the 'adults' around him!

The great-aunt reported she took JC in as a "foster child" when she was 8 yrs old..She admits in an interview she only saw this child a "few xs" even tho she lives right next door to JC..That reeks of some type of 'estrangement' between these 2 does it not to you?

That 'grandmother' said this POS "killed & burned" her granddaughter's dog..It seems they did nothing about it but we don't know that for sure..IF they had he would've been charged with a CRIME (cruelty to animals) & I didn't see that any place..I don't know what the punishment is for that but with his lengthy history it's possible he was on 'probation' at that time=jail time? None of this helps that poor innocent child now & I seriously doubt his 'mom' (had she known about it) would even care!

I will NEVER get any of this..No matter how many xs it happens, which lately is far too often
__________________
RIP TERRI (tfrohning)
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to amysmom For This Useful Post:
  #858  
Old 06-30-2012, 12:11 PM
krimzen's Avatar
krimzen krimzen is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Northwest Missouri
Posts: 12
http://www.freep.com/article/2012063...t-Pleasant-boy
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to krimzen For This Useful Post:
  #859  
Old 06-30-2012, 12:16 PM
wildchild1961's Avatar
wildchild1961 wildchild1961 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 198
Quote:
Originally Posted by doubt View Post
ya know...i get the frustration with this mom. really, i do.

but imo, it's disturbing to see so many pile on with the accusations regarding ''stupid'' women, ''reckless'' women, the terrible mothers who don't protect their children etc.....without seeing anyone, once, get to the heart of the matter, here.

the heart of the matter in what i agree seems to be an epidemic of children dying at the hands of the SO of their mothers is this: what kind of a society have we become when so many of our young women lack the slightest bit of self-worth? where and why and how did so many daughters grow up to believe that they were a failure without a man, and that any man would do? why? why?

while this is not the case all the time, i believe this mother loved her child and had she understood what sort of devil she was sleeping with, she never would have done so. i heard that her brother introduced the two of them. likely, she trusted him even more because of this. when she claimed "he said he loved me,'' personally, my heart broke more for this young woman. because the truth is, i would bet all of you that she absolutely believed it. yes, it clouded her judgment. yes, it cost her her beautiful son.

i don't think any criminal charge is warranted, nor do i think it would help. she has lost her child. now, what i want to know is....who is going to teach this young woman that real love doesn't leave bruises on child or mother, real love doesn't invoke fear, and that she deserves better than a monster who merely poses as a man from time to time.

i wonder what her relationship with her father was like.

poor carnell. his eyes are haunting. my heart breaks.

This is an absolutely wonderful post.. and I truly understand what you are saying and I thank you from the bottom of my heart for reminding a lot of folks about this, including my own self.

I do have something to add. What you say and what you remind of us is absolutely true.. and it is the reason why we all need to have compassion and empathy with this young woman for her heartbreak and the bad choices she has made, which in all honesty.. I had made as well in my past.

However,

Empathy and compassion for her.. does not give her a free pass for her actions. She did not just see this child bruised slightly and couldn't pinpoint exactly how it happened and know for sure it was her boyfriend. She SEEN it.. she WITNESSED it. Not once.. not twice.. but several times.

I can completely understand how you rationalize things to yourself and how you can be taken in by the monster who promises you it will never happen again because he loves you and is trying to straighten up his life. I DO get it.. he**.. I have lived it also and made the same choices she has. The issue here is not that we cannot understand her choices and feel her pain with her.. but rather that she DID put this child in danger and continued to do so and as such, she should be charged. She did wrong and she knows she did wrong. She needs to learn that those type of choices end NOW. She needs (within herself as well) .. to pay for the horrible decisions she made so that she will never ever make them again.

IMO,,, THAT is how people learn..by understanding and being shown, that in life .. good people can sometimes do very bad things. Showing our young people, our own children, showing society.. that there are consequences to every action, does not have to be done with anger and blame.. but should be done with compassion and sorrow.. for their own good and the good of others. Its called tuff love and it WORKS.

IMO. She should be charged with SOMETHING at least. Do I think she should be tossed into prison for years? NO. Do I think she should be charged with something that holds her accountable for the choices she made at the expense of her beautiful son, so that she can hopefully learn to be strong and and break this damn cycle of abuse? YES. A resounding heartfelt, compassionate, caring and loving .. YES.

Pat (who but for the grace of god.. could have lost her own child at the hands of someone she"loved")
The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to wildchild1961 For This Useful Post:
  #860  
Old 06-30-2012, 12:21 PM
pianokiller's Avatar
pianokiller pianokiller is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Michigan
Posts: 124
I'd like to bring up the fact that she herself may have been being abused by this man. There are many forms of abuse and just because she wasn't covered in bruises doesn't mean she's not hurting too. I've heard mention of a domestic violence shelter but if you look at his behavior how do you think he would have reacted if she broke up with him?

I'm not excusing her or justifying, I'm just saying there could be far more than we'll ever know because we weren't there.
__________________
The world is fierce but lots of fun.
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to pianokiller For This Useful Post:
  #861  
Old 06-30-2012, 12:23 PM
pianokiller's Avatar
pianokiller pianokiller is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Michigan
Posts: 124
An article about how/why AB could face the death penalty.

http://www.freep.com/article/2012062...sey=nav%7Chead

I hope I'm doing this right... sorry if how I'm posting is wrong. Still a bit new.
__________________
The world is fierce but lots of fun.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to pianokiller For This Useful Post:
  #862  
Old 06-30-2012, 12:24 PM
SurfieTX's Avatar
SurfieTX SurfieTX is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 9,992
Horrific!

Quote:
Bennett was charged in federal court Friday after the boy's mother told FBI agents that Bennett assaulted the boy three times in the weeks before he was reported missing, according to an FBI affidavit unsealed Friday. Bennett is jailed pending a detention hearing next week.

The affidavit did not say whether Carnel's mother, Jaimee Chamberlain, reported the alleged abuse to authorities. According to the affidavit, Chamberlain came home from work in late May or early June and Bennett, who lived with her, asked her to sit down. He asked her to tell him that she loved him, the affidavit said.

Chamberlain then entered a bedroom and saw her son on a bed with a bruised and swollen face and a cut on the inside of his lip, documents state. A few days later, the mother observed a 6- to 8-inch bruise along the boy's ribcage.

Bennett told Chamberlain he had backhanded Carnel, but the boy told his mother that Bennett had punched him, the affidavit said. It took place in the family's home on the Saginaw Chippewa Indian Tribe reservation.

A few days after that, another assault took place, the affidavit said, and this time, Chamberlain witnessed it. She told authorities Bennett picked Carnel up by his neck, dropped him and then dragged him by his right foot to his bedroom, which bruised his buttocks, according to the affidavit.
http://www.freep.com/article/2012063...t-Pleasant-boy
__________________
It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~ Aristotle

The difference between fiction and reality? Fiction has to make sense.
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to SurfieTX For This Useful Post:
  #863  
Old 06-30-2012, 01:03 PM
amysmom amysmom is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Red Sox Nation
Posts: 3,591
As u can see from my 'thanks' I'm very torn about JC..I do feel strongly tho that she's guilty (without a doubt) of "child neglect"..The reasons for it can be explained (but still makes me SICK!) and none of it does or ever will excuse her role in her son's abuse & ultimate death..I hope this makes sense to some others.
__________________
RIP TERRI (tfrohning)
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to amysmom For This Useful Post:
  #864  
Old 06-30-2012, 01:43 PM
amysmom amysmom is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Red Sox Nation
Posts: 3,591
Quote:
Originally Posted by pianokiller View Post
An article about how/why AB could face the death penalty.

http://www.freep.com/article/2012062...sey=nav%7Chead

I hope I'm doing this right... sorry if how I'm posting is wrong. Still a bit new.
You did it right & welcome to WS

One indication that prosecutors may seek the death penalty: the lawyer assigned to the case is Anthony Chambers, a prominent local defense attorney who has handled more than handful of federal death penalty cases in the last 20 years.

Chambers, who was assigned to the case today, declined comment. He said he has to review the evidence and meet with the client.


ubm

Is this POS getting the BEST atty possible for FREE? It looks that way & that's just WRONG! I don't care what 'rights' a perp has it just IS!

eta..From same link: there's a pix (that can be enlarged) of JC at the vigil..She looks really young here..Just an observation, nothing more!
__________________
RIP TERRI (tfrohning)
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to amysmom For This Useful Post:
  #865  
Old 06-30-2012, 01:48 PM
Woodland Woodland is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Southern Ontario
Posts: 1,501
I have trouble differentiating between a mother or father committing abuse against their child - any form of abuse - and that mother or father watching another person commit abuse against their child.

I don't see the difference when the parent chooses to take no action and allow it to happen again and again, to the point the child is hospitalized or is deceased. They could stop it the first time, couldn't they? That would be a choice as well.
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Woodland For This Useful Post:
  #866  
Old 06-30-2012, 01:51 PM
Columbo Columbo is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 2,663
Quote:
Originally Posted by SurfieTX View Post
Makes me sick. What a damned bully (and sociopath...). Picking on dogs and an innocent young child. WHY???

I'm wondering if Carnel's mom wasn't in mortal fear of this monster--I think that can happen to women who are abused mentally or physically. She might have desperately wanted to do something to save her and her child, but fear of AB had her frozen? I don't know...seeing her little boy all beaten up by this guy, it seems like her instinct to protect him would have kicked in and she would have taken him and run !
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Columbo For This Useful Post:
  #867  
Old 06-30-2012, 01:56 PM
amysmom amysmom is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Red Sox Nation
Posts: 3,591
Quote:
Originally Posted by Columbo View Post
Makes me sick. What a damned bully (and sociopath...). Picking on dogs and an innocent young child. WHY???
sbm

Cos he's just what you said he is! My sincere hope is every BULLY in prison gives him a taste of his own medicine..Over&Over&Over! For the rest of his miserable life!
__________________
RIP TERRI (tfrohning)
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to amysmom For This Useful Post:
  #868  
Old 06-30-2012, 01:57 PM
Columbo Columbo is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 2,663
Quote:
Originally Posted by amysmom View Post
You did it right & welcome to WS

One indication that prosecutors may seek the death penalty: the lawyer assigned to the case is Anthony Chambers, a prominent local defense attorney who has handled more than handful of federal death penalty cases in the last 20 years.

Chambers, who was assigned to the case today, declined comment. He said he has to review the evidence and meet with the client.


ubm

Is this POS getting the BEST atty possible for FREE? It looks that way & that's just WRONG! I don't care what 'rights' a perp has it just IS!

eta..From same link: there's a pix (that can be enlarged) of JC at the vigil..She looks really young here..Just an observation, nothing more!
Sorry if this has already been discussed, but didn't this happen on tribal land? If so, isn't it outside federal jurisdiction--doesn't the tribe handle the trial? (my question really has nothing to do with your post, but since it has to do with a trial, I quoted you, amysmom! )
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Columbo For This Useful Post:
  #869  
Old 06-30-2012, 02:01 PM
TerriM TerriM is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Chicago, "South Side"
Posts: 236
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cubby View Post
Then she should not go on NG tomorrow. NG is relentless. If JC is distraught before appearing on NG, I'm afraid of what NG might do to her.

They are better to let only a family spokesperson speak, such as how Shelia Bradley-Smith has spoken on NG on behalf of Diamond and Tionda, missing since 2001.


What happened to the FB page Kevin set up for Carnel? It is different than the hope one just linked.
Hi Cubby, Southside Cubs fan here. Just wanted you to know I often think of Diamond and Tionda and send a prayer up to Heaven in their name. This case is breaking my heart today as theirs did so many years ago.
The Following User Says Thank You to TerriM For This Useful Post:
  #870  
Old 06-30-2012, 02:07 PM
dillysmom11's Avatar
dillysmom11 dillysmom11 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Washington girl in Alabama
Posts: 1,170
I assume the family who lost their dog to AB was terrified he would come back and do the same to them.

I assume JC was afraid, until now, to speak out about his abuse. According to the relationship she had with the great aunt who raised her, maybe she didn't know how much was too much...

I assume AB had a horrible childhood and never attached emotionally to anyone on a healthy level.

The cycle never ends.
__________________

*All posts are my opinion only, and only my opinion.*


Adoptive parent educator, and U.S. Director of the James Project, International.
Based in Northern Alabama, and Jinja, Uganda
.


The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to dillysmom11 For This Useful Post:
  #871  
Old 06-30-2012, 02:27 PM
amysmom amysmom is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Red Sox Nation
Posts: 3,591
Quote:
Originally Posted by Columbo View Post
Sorry if this has already been discussed, but didn't this happen on tribal land? If so, isn't it outside federal jurisdiction--doesn't the tribe handle the trial? (my question really has nothing to do with your post, but since it has to do with a trial, I quoted you, amysmom! )
I think I read just the opposite..That since it was on 'tribal land' it's a Federal crime..I'll try to find the quote.

I recall when Anna Nicole Smith died in a casino/hotel owned by a 'tribe' it was investigated/handled by them & not local FL/LE..At least at first but at some point I believe that changed..It's still not the same scenario cos that wasn't considered, I don't think, 'tribal land' & def was not a 'reservation' which this is..I don't really understand the diff but hope someone else can explain it.

eta..Here's the quote from the latest link above.

The man charged with assaulting a 4-year-old Mt. Pleasant boy whose body was found under his family's porch could face the death penalty because the crime happened on federal land.
__________________
RIP TERRI (tfrohning)
The Following User Says Thank You to amysmom For This Useful Post:
  #872  
Old 06-30-2012, 02:31 PM
amysmom amysmom is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Red Sox Nation
Posts: 3,591
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cubby View Post
Then she should not go on NG tomorrow. NG is relentless. If JC is distraught before appearing on NG, I'm afraid of what NG might do to her.

They are better to let only a family spokesperson speak, such as how Shelia Bradley-Smith has spoken on NG on behalf of Diamond and Tionda, missing since 2001.
sbm

NG was actually very kind to JC last night..Kinda surprised me cos I know she wanted to scream her head off at her for letting this 'felon' abuse her son..JC admitted all of that to her on air, btw..She did have a very good spokesperson with her..I believe it was her cousin, the former Tribal Chief.

eta..It's imp to note at the time of this interview with JC the poor child had NOT been found deceased.
__________________
RIP TERRI (tfrohning)

Last edited by amysmom; 06-30-2012 at 02:42 PM.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to amysmom For This Useful Post:
  #873  
Old 06-30-2012, 02:40 PM
amysmom amysmom is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Red Sox Nation
Posts: 3,591
Quote:
Originally Posted by dillysmom11 View Post
I assume the family who lost their dog to AB was terrified he would come back and do the same to them.

I assume JC was afraid, until now, to speak out about his abuse. According to the relationship she had with the great aunt who raised her, maybe she didn't know how much was too much...

I assume AB had a horrible childhood and never attached emotionally to anyone on a healthy level.

The cycle never ends.
Good point about the family that owned the dog..I asked in another post if her & the great aunt had a strained relationship, falling out, cos of how little she saw of Carnel who lived right next door..Has their relationship been discussed in the media that I missed? TIA!

On the rare occasion the "cycle" does end..I wonder why for those few but not the rest..Is it simply luck or much more then that?
__________________
RIP TERRI (tfrohning)
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to amysmom For This Useful Post:
  #874  
Old 06-30-2012, 03:06 PM
Jacie Estes's Avatar
Jacie Estes Jacie Estes is offline
DV Advocate
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Black Hills
Posts: 5,505
Quote:
Originally Posted by Columbo View Post
Sorry if this has already been discussed, but didn't this happen on tribal land? If so, isn't it outside federal jurisdiction--doesn't the tribe handle the trial? (my question really has nothing to do with your post, but since it has to do with a trial, I quoted you, amysmom! )


The Major Crimes Act comes into play here, also the Indian Country and the Tribal Law and Order Act of 2010. There is also cross-jurisdiction with the tribe and Isabella County.


http://www.fbi.gov/stats-services/pu...r-act-of-2010/

The Major Crimes Act (U.S. Statutes at Large, 23:385)[1] is a law passed by the United States Congress in 1885. It places 7 major crimes under federal jurisdiction if they are committed by a Native American against another Native American in Native territory.

The crimes which now fell under federal jurisdiction were:
Murder
Manslaughter
Rape
Assault with intent to commit murder
Arson
Burglary
Larceny[2]
__________________

****
http://grandmotherscouncil.org/
****
My Facebook page; I am grateful for the fact that two people who joined had colonoscopies, discovered cancer and are on the way to healing through treatment. Colonoscopies save lives!

www.facebook.com/WaitWhereAmIGoing
****
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Jacie Estes For This Useful Post:
  #875  
Old 06-30-2012, 03:13 PM
pianokiller's Avatar
pianokiller pianokiller is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Michigan
Posts: 124
The way the tribal law works is that the tribal law can be handled by the tribal police, however the tribal police had the FBI step in and handed over the case. This happens when they feel as if it is above them or, in this particular case, because the federal law can pursue death penalty and tribal police can't.

edit: What the person above me said, you beat me at the quick draw.
__________________
The world is fierce but lots of fun.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to pianokiller For This Useful Post:
Closed Thread

Bookmarks

Tags
anthony bennett, anthony m bennett, carnel chamberlain, carnel missing, chamberlain missing, death penalty, isabella county, isabella county missing, michigan missing, sagchip police, search for carnel

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Found Deceased MI - Endangered Missing: Carnel Chamberlain (4) - Mount Pleasant - 21-Jun-2012 Seymour Krelborn Located! Information and Support 15 07-10-2012 12:56 PM
Found Deceased WI - Emma Maurer (16) & Sydnie Kwiatkowski (16) - Pleasant Springs - 7-Jun-2012 Hopeful One Located Forum Discussion 48 06-09-2012 08:32 PM
Found Deceased WI - Emma Maurer (16) & Sydnie Kwiatkowski (16) - Pleasant Springs - 7-Jun-2012 summer_breeze Located! Information and Support 5 06-09-2012 09:37 AM
Identified! IA-Mt. Pleasant- remains found-female, March 17, 2012 - Jackie Douthart peeples Identified! 7 05-23-2012 04:58 PM
Found Deceased SC - Dara Lee Watson, 30, Mt. Pleasant, 6 Feb 2012 fhc Located Forum Discussion 388 02-27-2012 03:10 PM


© Copyright Websleuths 1999-2012 New To Site? Need Help?
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:01 PM.

Advertisements

Pre-Order Imperfect Justice: Prosecuting Casey Anthony today!