Websleuths
Go Back   Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community > Featured Case Discussion > Hot Cases > Allison Baden-Clay of Australia > Allison Baden-Clay General Discussion Threads

Notices

Old 07-04-2012, 09:06 PM

Looking at the photos, I can see it could be either way, head further up, on the right, or down below on the left, if that makes sense. Either way, both head and feet ends look white to me, but I don't have a great picture.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to LauraMars For This Useful Post:
Old 07-04-2012, 09:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rational View Post
So true. I still cannot get over how he could murder the beautiful mother of his three gorgeous daughters. It still completely defies belief. I have never been on sites like this and it is partly this disbelief and the anger that someone could do this that keeps me here.

same here Rational!~
Old 07-04-2012, 09:09 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalamityk View Post
Oh my - were her hands really tied behind her would this have been to make transporting/carrying of the body easier ?
Sorry I should have bolded, I said she 'Appears with her knees drawn up and hands tied behind her back' don't know for sure and the police have not commented. She appears hogtied on some if the earlier images I have seen.

I don't want to start a rumour.
IMOO
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Rational For This Useful Post:
Old 07-04-2012, 09:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrWatson View Post
Although I've read through most of this entire thread, from before I joined the discussion, I can't find where this geocache thing has come from. There is a post from Kimster mentioning the word, but I wonder if another post has been removed?

Or have I just not been able to find it?

Where did that information come from, and is it verified or is it just a rumour or a hypothesis?

Sorry - not questioning peoples' integrity here, but I honestly can't find that information. I would have thought that a geocache location somewhere in proximity to the scout camp would be likely, but not under the road bridge given that there isn't really any pedestrian easy access.....

Anyone? Link queen (Marly)?
You do not need ropes to get down there. Can walk from road side.

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/q...-1226372823158

http://twitter.com/alyshiagates/stat...38847999528960
Old 07-04-2012, 09:21 PM

Another little titbit/rumour

I heard recently that there is a man in Anstead (Mt Crosby Rd I think?) who keeps a logbook type thing with details of any suspicious or out of the ordinary goings on, mainly car regos and times of seen cars. (It does seem a pretty out there thing to do, I think he is an older guy)

Apparently he spoke to police, but no idea whether he had any details that were helpful.
The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to LauraMars For This Useful Post:
Old 07-04-2012, 09:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by possumheart View Post
Easy to traverse in daylight wearing walking shoes. Head lamps would make it doable at night. Where do caterpillars go at night? Do they sleep?
MSM and earlier threads on this forum reported that a white 4 wheel drive (i.e.Prado) was seen driving very slowly over Kholo Bridge at 4.00am by a person travelling to the market at that time. I could imagine that it was surveying the area to ensure that the body could not be seen from above the bridge, that it had been concealed well underneath. Just a thought.
The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to Fuskier For This Useful Post:
Old 07-04-2012, 09:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraMars View Post
I heard recently that there is a man in Anstead (Mt Crosby Rd I think?) who keeps a logbook type thing with details of any suspicious or out of the ordinary goings on, mainly car regos and times of seen cars. (It does seem a pretty out there thing to do, I think he is an older guy)

Apparently he spoke to police, but no idea whether he had any details that were helpful.
not really, i was in highschool when Sharron Phillips went missing, car left on side of road, it is now a cold case. From that moment on whenever I see a car on side if road, I take note of movement of people in and around it as I drive past, never felt like I should stop as yet, but I certainly take down regos or descriptions at the location in case sometjing dodgy is reported in the news.
The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to JK673 For This Useful Post:
Old 07-04-2012, 09:31 PM
WS Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuskier View Post
MSM and earlier threads on this forum reported that a white 4 wheel drive (i.e.Prado) was seen driving very slowly over Kholo Bridge at 4.00am by a person travelling to the market at that time. I could imagine that it was surveying the area to ensure that the body could not be seen from above the bridge, that it had been concealed well underneath. Just a thought.
There were two posts which mention the "driving slowly"...

The first...

#897 05-08-2012, 08:44 PM
WSmum
Registered User Join Date: May 2012

A bit of local hearsay... A Kenmore friend told me that their friends husband was driving to work early the Friday morning (I believe to the Rocklea markets so early start like 4am). He was apparently driving over the Kholo Bridge and there was a car driving on it going the other way and moving very very slowly. It is my understanding this was reported to the police. It's information that is third hand but thought might be of interest.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...ts#post7885645
------------------------------------------

The other post...

#82 05-21-2012, 10:56 AM
angel1
Registered User Join Date: Apr 2012

For anyone that's interested i was just talking to my friend and he has sent through the information of what he sent to crimestoppers

On the morning of the 20th my friend and i were driving through the roundabout going up to Brookfield road. On the side of the bridge where Allison was found we noticed a white van driving slowly over the bridge. When it got to the other side we noticed that it came to a complete stop, A guy with blonde hair, about 5'11", clean shaven with a noticable tattoo got out of this van and was looking very strange. It was like he was watching out to make sure noone was in the area.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...+Bridge&page=4

Donations can be made to the Late Allison Baden-Clay Children Appeal.
Sanction No. CP5609, BSB 084 737, account 133196502

Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.
Martin Luther King Jr

The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to marlywings For This Useful Post:
Old 07-04-2012, 09:32 PM

Does anyone know if more details/evidence will be released at the committal mention on the 9th July?

Sorry if this has already been asked and answered before.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to LauraMars For This Useful Post:
Old 07-04-2012, 09:35 PM
WS Moderator

The report which mentioned the two cars seen at Anstead...

May 16, 2012

A WITNESS has told police of seeing two four-wheel-drives near Kholo Creek crossing early on the day Allison Baden-Clay was reported missing.
It is alleged a white four-wheel-drive didn't have its headlights on, only parking lights, and was closely tailing a smaller, blue four-wheel-drive at about 4am on April 20.

http://www.news.com.au/national/bade...-1226356754019

Martin Luther King Jr

The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to marlywings For This Useful Post:
Old 07-04-2012, 09:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlywings View Post
There were two posts which mention the "driving slowly"...

The first...

#897 05-08-2012, 08:44 PM
WSmum
Registered User Join Date: May 2012

A bit of local hearsay... A Kenmore friend told me that their friends husband was driving to work early the Friday morning (I believe to the Rocklea markets so early start like 4am). He was apparently driving over the Kholo Bridge and there was a car driving on it going the other way and moving very very slowly. It is my understanding this was reported to the police. It's information that is third hand but thought might be of interest.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...ts#post7885645
------------------------------------------

The other post...

#82 05-21-2012, 10:56 AM
angel1
Registered User Join Date: Apr 2012

For anyone that's interested i was just talking to my friend and he has sent through the information of what he sent to crimestoppers

On the morning of the 20th my friend and i were driving through the roundabout going up to Brookfield road. On the side of the bridge where Allison was found we noticed a white van driving slowly over the bridge. When it got to the other side we noticed that it came to a complete stop, A guy with blonde hair, about 5'11", clean shaven with a noticable tattoo got out of this van and was looking very strange. It was like he was watching out to make sure noone was in the area.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...+Bridge&page=4
I remember those posts marlywings, but the second one made no sense to me, as the roundabout is about 15 kms from the bridge.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to LauraMars For This Useful Post:
Old 07-04-2012, 09:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rational View Post
Hi Lulu
This photo is a screen dump from a video. There were a number of photos published in the MSM all later withdrawn as well as a number if MSM video clips. Her face is where you have her ankle and she appears with her legs drawn up and her hands tied behind her back. In other words the white part is where her face is. This could be for a number of reasons (her face was blocked out in this video, or there is indeed a plastic bag covering her face, or another reason not clear to me).
yes, the larger white area i thought was her face, and it may appear bigger in comparison to the person standing there because its been purposely obscured like you say or a large white plastic bag. hopefully if its plastic it holds a lot of clues.
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to bearbear For This Useful Post:
Old 07-04-2012, 09:39 PM
WS Moderator

Quote:
I remember those posts marlywings, but the second one made no sense to me, as the roundabout is about 15 kms from the bridge.
Yes seemed a bit odd... if they were driving up to Brookfield Road they'd be driving in opposite direction of the bridge??

Martin Luther King Jr

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to marlywings For This Useful Post:
Old 07-04-2012, 09:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JK673 View Post
not really, i was in highschool when Sharron Phillips went missing, car left on side of road, it is now a cold case. From that moment on whenever I see a car on side if road, I take note of movement of people in and around it as I drive past, never felt like I should stop as yet, but I certainly take down regos or descriptions at the location in case sometjing dodgy is reported in the news.
Thanks JK, it's good to know some people are really observant.
Old 07-04-2012, 09:42 PM

Quote:
Did the van come to a stop on the road, or off the road? As the first place to stop on the road is a fair distance from the bridge.
The Following User Says Thank You to alicat For This Useful Post:
Old 07-04-2012, 09:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mouse detective View Post
The cache is called " Ugly as"

I believe Dodo was one of the first to suggest that the perp might know there was a cache located under the bridge - just as there is one located at the scout camp.

(Note : The people who hid and have found this cache should not be treated with any suspicion. )
Agree. This is what I recall too.
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Fuskier For This Useful Post:
Old 07-04-2012, 09:50 PM

Quote:
Does anyone know if more details/evidence will be released at the committal mention on the 9th July?

Sorry if this has already been asked and answered before.
Yes the police will supply the evidence to support the charge.

The magistrate then decides if thy have enough evidence to stand trial?
Old 07-04-2012, 09:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alicat View Post
Did the van come to a stop on the road, or off the road? As the first place to stop on the road is a fair distance from the bridge.
Oh it wasn't me who made the post/posts regarding that alicat. I just remember reading them and don't recall all the details, but I think there was mention of the blonde guy having gloves on?
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to LauraMars For This Useful Post:
Old 07-04-2012, 09:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bayside View Post
Yes the police will supply the evidence to support the charge.

The magistrate then decides if thy have enough evidence to stand trial?
Thanks Bayside

That's going to be very interesting. Lets hope they have some fairly concrete evidence. Wonder if they'll release cause of death or whether they will wait till trial for that.

Couple of old ones i popped up quite a few threads ago, saves me writing again.

Quote:
Excessive water movement after the rains, changes dramatically when encountering structure. In and about the Bridge (pylons) would have been rubbish build up and multiple eddies, which could, and would, move the body around into different positions. (if she was in fact brought down by the run off)
Quote:
Not a fun post to write but....

If the Alleged had taken the body (after the event obviously) to the river (not the bridge) to be hidden for eternity. Could they have tried to weigh the body down, hands tied, so it may rest in a deeper part of the river, the old concrete boot theory.

As decomposition set in, the body may have been freed from a weight (damaging the hands, if the hand rumour is true) and with the amount of rain around, drifted, swirled in the eddies, and washed to its ultimate resting place.

Just a thought on how the hands may have been damaged if in fact they were.

Apologies if this is too graphic or upsetting.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to J-Diggety For This Useful Post:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lu-Lu View Post
I don't think you can see her face in that image. I don't believe she has a bag over her head.

I have tweaked the image in photoshop by upping the resolution and sharpening. I have put pointers to what I see in the image.

This is what I see in the photo... Her body position is that her feet are pointing to the Brisbane Rv, and her head is pointing up Kholo Cr. I see her torso and head face down. I see from her hips down, that they are side on, with knees pointing to the water. Her feet are down at the Brisbane Rv

What I see is the head where you see the ankles.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Curiousasacat For This Useful Post:
Old 07-04-2012, 09:57 PM

I just saw this on Sealy's fb page:

Sealy Australia
Strange sleep conditions part 5...who knows what 'Somnambulism' is? It's also know as sleep walking, and is a condition that people generally grow out of. However, it can be serious in some cases, as those who sleepwalk generally do daily tasks, such as going to the fridge...or even driving.

Do you know anyone who sleep walks?

So, do we know anyone who does this, GBC? Hmmmm....
Old 07-04-2012, 10:00 PM

Latest comment from the OH when discussing the plastic bag on head.
"Well if she was bleeding from the head I would put a plastic bag on her head for sure."

Nasty, but a common sense answer.
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Curiousasacat For This Useful Post:
Old 07-04-2012, 10:03 PM
Verified Thoracic and Vascular Surgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by alicat View Post
I just saw this on Sealy's fb page:

Sealy Australia
Strange sleep conditions part 5...who knows what 'Somnambulism' is? It's also know as sleep walking, and is a condition that people generally grow out of. However, it can be serious in some cases, as those who sleepwalk generally do daily tasks, such as going to the fridge...or even driving.

Do you know anyone who sleep walks?

So, do we know anyone who does this, GBC? Hmmmm....
Somebody just tweeted:

"@GrantHackett "Baden-Clay (accused murderer): I didn't do it, Stilnox did"

I assume this was meant to be funny, given the publicity around Hackett's Stilnox problems over the last week or so. But it does go to show that it is in the minds of a few people....

"Elementary, my dear Watson"
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to DrWatson For This Useful Post:
Old 07-04-2012, 10:04 PM

Quote:
Thanks Bayside

That's going to be very interesting. Lets hope they have some fairly concrete evidence. Wonder if they'll release cause of death or whether they will wait till trial for that.
I think most questions will be answered on that day and it should put some of the more "out there" theories to rest.

Will be a very interesting day for sure.