Sex: Female
Race: White
Hair: Brown
Eyes: Blue
Height: 5'2" (157 cm)
Weight: 120 lbs (54 kg)
Missing From: BLAIRSVILLE, PA, United States
Endangered Missing

Alicia was last seen at her father's residence.

Pennsylvania State Police - Missing Persons Unit - 1-724-357-1978
NCMC601810c1.jpg

Link
http://www.missingkids.com/missingk...aseNum=601810&orgPrefix=NCMC&searchLang=en_US

Richard, recently the Bucks Co. PA police dept posted a photo of a reconstruction done on a female that was found in their jurisdiction. You may want to check with them-there is a superficial resembelance to the photos posted.

Published on June 3, 2004, Page B01, Philadelphia Inquirer, The (PA)

Investigators Hope Tattoos Help Identify Slain Woman

Detectives Not Sure If Woman Jumped, Pushed Off Highway Bridge

HOUSTON -- Police need help identifying a woman found dead on the side of a busy Houston highway.

Detectives with the Houston Police Department believe the woman jumped to her death or was pushed from a van on Highway 59, the Eastex Freeway, near Mount Houston Road late Saturday night.

http://www.click2houston.com/news/5467789/detail.html?rss=hou&psp=news

I'm just posting this here because of the tattoo of the name "Alicia" .... this is a long shot because there's not much more information.
Any chance of a connection?

Indiana Police Asking For Help In Decades-Old Missing Persons Case

It's been nearly 22 years since Alicia Markovich went missing.

As the anniversary of her disappearance nears, Indiana County state police are once again asking for the public's help with the case.

Today she would be 37.

19238010_240X180.jpg

http://www.thepittsburghchannel.com/indiana/19237992/detail.html#

Alicia is from my area. It is strange - almost like she vanished into thin air. I know they received several tips in the past, but nothing never panned out. Maybe with it being on the news again, new tips will surface....

Posted this update in the PA VICTIMS/ MID ATLANTIC VICTIMS thread. I spoke to the Detective in the case of murder victim Dana Bailey. Dana was murdered in state college PA (about an hour from Blairsville where Alicia vanished) about a month before Alicia vanished. In both cases, there were anonymous letters received that led police to dead ends. I told the Detective about Alicia's case,and when i said she vanished from BLAIRSVILLE, he said, "wait.... where did you say?" It turns out, he was following some leads in Dana's case that led him to, guess where...Blairsville! Needless to say,this got his attention, and he is going to look into a connection. Stay tuned!

Investigators Hope Tattoos Help Identify Slain Woman

Detectives Not Sure If Woman Jumped, Pushed Off Highway Bridge

HOUSTON -- Police need help identifying a woman found dead on the side of a busy Houston highway.

Detectives with the Houston Police Department believe the woman jumped to her death or was pushed from a van on Highway 59, the Eastex Freeway, near Mount Houston Road late Saturday night.

http://www.click2houston.com/news/5467789/detail.html?rss=hou&psp=news

I'm just posting this here because of the tattoo of the name "Alicia" .... this is a long shot because there's not much more information.
Any chance of a connection?

Now this is weird. There was a woman who went missing from PA, and a couple from other states,and their cases seemed unrelated, until they got an anonymous tip called in on a tipline, that the girls were still alive, and were being forced to work as prostitutes in Houston, by a man with a white van & FL tags.

Here you go:
http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/k/kroh_tracy.html
Three missing women were said to be in the Houston area working as prostitutes.
Tiffany Sessions, Elizabeth Miller, Tracy Marie Kroh. Could Alicia have anything to do with this? Kroh vanished from Millersburg PA in 1989,aprox 2 years after Alicia.

Police Mark 24 Anniversary

State police plan to mark the 24th anniversary of a 15-year-old girl's disappearance in western Pennsylvania with a news conference Tuesday aimed at jump-starting their investigation.

Alicia Markovich was last seen April 26, 1987. Although she lived with her mother in Windber in Somerset County, she was visiting her father in Indiana County on the day she was last seen.

Police plan to discuss the case and give her family members a chance to address the media and answer questions.

Snipped from: http://www.centredaily.com/2011/04/26/2669693/police-mark-24th-anniversary-of.html

Police say Pa. girl missing since '87 likely dead

Marcie Smith feels at loose ends with her own life since her 15-year-old daughter disappeared in 1987.

"I feel like sometimes I don't have a purpose here," Smith said at a state police news conference marking the 24th anniversary of the disappearance of her daughter, Alicia Markovich. "Because I always wanted grandchildren and I always wanted more children."

Instead, Smith, 53, of Stoystown, spends at least a few moments a day wondering whatever happened to her only child the last time she went to visit Smith's ex-husband, John Markovich, at his home at the time near Blairsville, Indiana County, about 50 miles east of Pittsburgh.

More: http://www.timesleader.com/news/ap?articleID=6935897

I hate to say this, but I have to wonder if the father could have hurt Alicia accidently or even killed her to avoid paying additional child support or if they did get into an arguement and he lost his cool with her?

Here is another article from today's Tribune Review: http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/news/regional/s_734167.html

She said her daughter was dubious about visiting her father that day because the parents were arguing over Smith's recent petition to the court to get $100 more a month for child support

"I told her to give him the benefit of the doubt and go see him. If he brought it up, I told her to tell him that it was a matter between me and him," Smith said. "I know what was supposed to be a nice day ended up being a tragedy."

More at link

I've known about this case forever being that I grew up feet away from her last know whereabouts and have stood there millions of times. IMO her father definitely had something to do with her disappearance and murder, even though there is no body to prove it. This is a very sad and empty case. No one will ever have answers unfortunately and her mother will more than likely never have her daughters remains. It is hard for police to even investigate when there is nothing really to investigate.

I've known about this case forever being that I grew up feet away from her last know whereabouts and have stood there millions of times. IMO her father definitely had something to do with her disappearance and murder, even though there is no body to prove it. This is a very sad and empty case. No one will ever have answers unfortunately and her mother will more than likely never have her daughters remains. It is hard for police to even investigate when there is nothing really to investigate.

Welcome to Websleuths.

This case is now over 25 years old. Although there are few available clues, and it has been a long time, there is always a possibility that the crime will be solved.

Recently a young man murdered 44 years ago in Pennsylvania was identified and will soon be going home to his family. Perhaps some of the same cold case investigators who identified him will be working on Alicia's disappearance.

Welcome to Websleuths.

This case is now over 25 years old. Although there are few available clues, and it has been a long time, there is always a possibility that the crime will be solved.

Recently a young man murdered 44 years ago in Pennsylvania was identified and will soon be going home to his family. Perhaps some of the same cold case investigators who identified him will be working on Alicia's disappearance.

There is always a possibility and hope. From what I understand there is one person that is believed to know and they are not and more than likely will not ever speak. I have spoken to detectives on the case and was lead to believe this by them as well. I feel terrible for her mother she has been living the worst nightmare imaginable for over 25 years

There is always a possibility and hope. From what I understand there is one person that is believed to know and they are not and more than likely will not ever speak. I have spoken to detectives on the case and was lead to believe this by them as well. I feel terrible for her mother she has been living the worst nightmare imaginable for over 25 years

Hi sis0531,

I live about 30 minutes from where Alicia went missing, so her case has been one I have been following. Do you know what her father's motive would be if he was the one who was involved with her disappearance? I thought I read somewhere before that he was long suspected of her disappearance, but was never charged.

Hi sis0531,

I live about 30 minutes from where Alicia went missing, so her case has been one I have been following. Do you know what her father's motive would be if he was the one who was involved with her disappearance? I thought I read somewhere before that he was long suspected of her disappearance, but was never charged.

I've known her father my entire life and I don't think there was a clear motive I think it was just anger he's not exactly a mellow guy when he's upset.

http://tribune-democrat.com/local/x1250114808/Missing-teen-case-revived

John, Alicia's father didn't even show up for this press conference, instead he had his current wife Debbie, who from what I know never even knew Alicia showed up and said that he had to work. If I were missing 24 years or my children were my father or my husband would be there no matter what. Even if they had to drive a couple of hours from a neighboring state. It's not like he would've gotten fired and if so and it wasn't him that did it that one person that may have information and finally be willing to give it after all of these years could've been listening. But, he figured work was too important. That's just my opinion on that though.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back