WA WA - D.B. Cooper hijacking mystery, 24 Nov 1971 - #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Because the flight was unpressurized, the flight could have climbed at a rate no greater than 2000'/minute. Any higher climb rate would have been potentially uncomfortable or even dangerous for the occupants. This is why full-scale reading on the CLIMB rate meter at the FE console is 2000. The pressurization system would normally keep the change rate of the pressure in the cabin within these limits although the plane would typically rise and descend at a higher rate (the plane vertical speed indicator has full scale of 6000'/minute).

If the pilot was "pushing it," the climb rate might have been up around 1600ft/minute.

Between 7:40:06 and 7:40:37 the plane went from "through 6500 ft" to "leveling at 7000." This was an average climb rate of very closely 1000 ft/min, which is about average normal climb rate. This rate was probably reduced a bit by the flight already leveling off.

Assume the plane took off at exactly 7:36 (as the NWA incident report says, minus the "exactly"). This would mean the plane rose 6112' from 388' at SEATAC in 4.1 minutes, for an average climb rate of 1491 ft/min--about as much as the pilot would have gone for since the plane was unpressurized. If takeoff had been at 7:36:59, the average rate would have been 1972 ft/min--the maximum that would be safe, and almost "pegging" the cabin climb rate meter. Takeoff would probably not have been more than half past 7:36.

What about an "estimated" 7:33 takeoff (as on n467us.com)? This would be close to 860 ft/min getting to 6500'. Taking off almost a minute later would have brought the climb rate up to 1000'/min.

Getting up to altitude expeditiously, consistent with occupant safety/comfort, would minimize fuel usage and maximize range for the overall trip. So the 7:36 takeoff as stated in the NWA incident report seems most likely.

Because the flight was unpressurized, the flight could have climbed at a rate no greater than 2000'/minute. Any higher climb rate would have been potentially uncomfortable or even dangerous for the occupants. This is why full-scale reading on the CLIMB rate meter at the FE console is 2000. The pressurization system would normally keep the change rate of the pressure in the cabin within these limits although the plane would typically rise and descend at a higher rate (the plane vertical speed indicator has full scale of 6000'/minute).

If the pilot was "pushing it," the climb rate might have been up around 1600ft/minute.

Between 7:40:06 and 7:40:37 the plane went from "through 6500 ft" to "leveling at 7000." This was an average climb rate of very closely 1000 ft/min, which is about average normal climb rate. This rate was probably reduced a bit by the flight already leveling off.

Assume the plane took off at exactly 7:36 (as the NWA incident report says, minus the "exactly"). This would mean the plane rose 6112' from 388' at SEATAC in 4.1 minutes, for an average climb rate of 1491 ft/min--about as much as the pilot would have gone for since the plane was unpressurized. If takeoff had been at 7:36:59, the average rate would have been 1972 ft/min--the maximum that would be safe, and almost "pegging" the cabin climb rate meter. Takeoff would probably not have been more than half past 7:36.

What about an "estimated" 7:33 takeoff (as on n467us.com)? This would be close to 860 ft/min getting to 6500'. Taking off almost a minute later would have brought the climb rate up to 1000'/min.

Getting up to altitude expeditiously, consistent with occupant safety/comfort, would minimize fuel usage and maximize range for the overall trip. So the 7:36 takeoff as stated in the NWA incident report seems most likely.

That sounds about right, it takes me 4 minutes to get to that altitude at a 10+ degree climb, I never checked by the minute, another thing to check, Yikes :what::what:

I need to link you to my computer for a co-pilot, it can be done...I think

Actually the gear itself will generally be fine but the air load will screw up the doors. The gear is pretty strong, the doors not so much.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Molwn Labe. The 300. :rocker:

Good Luck everyone. Will enjoy hearing how this turns out ;)

Good Luck everyone. Will enjoy hearing how this turns out ;)

Thanks, everything is going pretty good, I have been able to match the first 7 minute into the flight with the help of my wingman Hominid :rocker:

still lots of testing and learning going on, I thought I would start a Facebook page to store the information rather than constant updates and jamming the thread here.

http://www.facebook.com/Project305
here is some video (bad quality) but shws the inside and some of my trial landing attempts.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sGKc94MfWw8

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uV2eRdkj9T8

Shutter45:

I have an address, but if you could "pinpoint" for me to confirm, would appreciate much. For your efforts, I'll even let you in on the result.......which of course, will shock.

idla

Shutter45:

I have an address, but if you could "pinpoint" for me to confirm, would appreciate much. For your efforts, I'll even let you in on the result.......which of course, will shock.

idla

you are joking right? I don't understand because all you had to do was cross ref the email and I'm not certain about tracking a hotmail account?

If you have a address it seems you have "pinpointed" it yourself??????

Shutter:

That's why I initially contacted you, as advised that you could get er done. The address that I have is of a general nature, most likely a larger complex, like town houses, condos, or a shopping mall. If you can use your expertise to assist, by getting a precise location, I can match up with a name. If you cannot do, then no problem. Just tell me and I'll move along. Thanx.
idla

Shutter:

That's why I initially contacted you, as advised that you could get er done. The address that I have is of a general nature, most likely a larger complex, like town houses, condos, or a shopping mall. If you can use your expertise to assist, by getting a precise location, I can match up with a name. If you cannot do, then no problem. Just tell me and I'll move along. Thanx.
idla

what is the address?

The Redmond Professional Bldg, or Chelsea Square Townhouses, both located right near the intersection of 164th Avenue NE and NE 85th Street. Another possibilility was "Town Square," but turns out that is a very large complex with many businesses and even a four-star hotel. The intersection address I gave you is right near downtown Redmond and is somewhat upscale.
Thanks for any assistance you can lend, Shutter. If we can locate the source for the e-mail address, I'll share the result through our third party. idla

forgot to mention that an earlier, incomplete search stated a "47-year old male" owns that particuar e-mail address.

forgot to mention that an earlier, incomplete search stated a "47-year old male" owns that particuar e-mail address.

I'm still not sure about the address I found, Hotmail accounts are hard to trace, it was a shock to see the area it came from, I don't know, plus now you have apartment complexes, these are impossible to track online because they don't own them unlike a home or condo that can be traced to the owner.

I just find this whole case confusing and troubling at the same time, why does the FBI hold back most of the evidence to this case 40 years after the fact? why do we have Mr Decoder hiding in the darkness, what is the purpose of hiding anything for a simple Hijacking that became unsolved, The FBI claims they want to close the case and yet refuse to release what they have.

I could ask the same question to you, why do you want to know about Mr Decoder and yet give clues as to who "he" is?

There probably is no single answer, but I am guessing along with everyone
else. And the vacuum only generates more and more conspiracies, wanna
bees with claims, endlessly.

My guess is there are reputations to protect, a case still active but even
that is hard to swallow, and perhaps some evidence to protect? I know
this for a fact: after I got into the case things quickly became very
convoluted with lots of actual sidebars and sub-plots, as I learned the
actual historical facts of the case in all of its complex glory. This case
became so complex I seriously doubt anyone had a handle on it all after
1980, for example.

No book written to date even touches on all of this complexity. I doubt it
could. That may be why in the end Gray gave up and wrote a complex
"farce" where nothing really connects?

If you had to write an epitaph today, "undecidable" would be it with ten
thousand sub plots...

Sorry Ive been away. Will try to check in more often..

:bump:

What happened to you guys GeorgeR, hominid, and MrShutter?? You didn't crash your plane, did you, MrShutter??

:peace:

I think you discount Knoss a little quickly. I have followed the Cooper story for a long time and tend to subscribe to most of what he has said. Bits and pieces and never a story line, can't pin him down on anything, but when I add up everything, it does make some sense.

I think you discount Knoss a little quickly. I have followed the Cooper story for a long time and tend to subscribe to most of what he has said. Bits and pieces and never a story line, can't pin him down on anything, but when I add up everything, it does make some sense.

my guess would be that you are Bob Knoss, only old Bob would use a television name such as you have done, if you really think Bob is telling the truth then you need to check your facts!! right Bob!

you know how you claim the flight path was 15 miles off to the east which makes zero sense,

the fact that there never was a pipeline running along side the Columbia river.

The fact of him using friends as part of the big Government cover up.

old Bob claims that Bill Rataczak was a parachute rigger????

claims Janets story was true even though Bob put Cooper on the ground miles before Janet claimed to of seen a man on the stairs of a plane the night of the hijacking....10,000 feet in the air at night in bad weather? then he claimed she was in Portland and not Vancouver/ this Bob Knoss you follow?

The fact that Bob thinks a milk can buried close to a river for over 7 years would still hold it's contents in perfect condition?

The Bob Knoss who can't explain his own draft period? how does one forget that process?

need anymore of the truth of Bob Knoss? I got plenty! nice try Bob!

I don't believe we have talked about Knoss on this thread so why would you say this? I really don't care and if you are Knoss you will not remain here to start trouble!!

:bump:

What happened to you guys GeorgeR, hominid, and MrShutter?? You didn't crash your plane, did you, MrShutter??

:peace:

Sorry Niner, I have been extremely busy up to my neck with work, I have built my cockpit and have been working on it but at a much slower pace for the last 3+ weeks then got hit by the storm and work went wild, hang in there I'll be back on track soon with some updates for the thread.

cockpit has a pro flight yoke and throttle quadrant a 5.1 surround sound system along with a new 22" flat screen. as you can see from the pic I built it for comfort more than looking like a real cockpit, I was sitting on a bar stool in my kitchen before....butt be sore after a hour sitting on it :)

Attachments

• painted.jpg
    painted.jpg
    74.3 KB · Views: 130
Yeah, I understand about the job getting in the way of our "fun"!! Take your time - I'll keep checking in! LOVE the 22" screen there!

Yeah, I understand about the job getting in the way of our "fun"!! Take your time - I'll keep checking in! LOVE the 22" screen there!

Thanks Niner, as if this wasn't enough, I just passed my first Kidney stone last night :what: worse pain I ever went thru in my life!! hard to describe :truce:

Thanks Niner, as if this wasn't enough, I just passed my first Kidney stone last night :what: worse pain I ever went thru in my life!! hard to describe :truce:

:notgood: probably like giving birth to an 8 pound baby... :eek: now THAT is pain!! :lol:

Hope you feel better MrShutter!! :peace:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member