Websleuths
Go Back   Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community > Missing!! > Located Forum Discussion

Notices

Located Forum Discussion Discussion for those who were missing and are now located

Old 07-10-2012, 01:26 AM

This case is breaking my heart....we see so much on here, but man, this hits home. As an Ohio girl who has many happy memories of OBX vacays in summer (it's a pretty popular place for people here to go), and as a mom of kids these same ages, and as a DV survivor....UGH! I am praying urgently for this family.

A few points:

Recently, some Ohio counties have taken their DV cases off of online access. If you look at Cuyahoga County's docket I think there is a big disclaimer there about it. So that could be why nothing is showing up. They cited concerns for the victim's privacy and address info being available, but really, it's pretty frustrating not being able to access your own case.

I agree with the posters who said it's very possible that they were staying in a private rental. A lot of these are managed through large rental companies. Hopefully it won't be hard to track down. Dare County is a place that feels incredibly safe. It's very family oriented. It's hard to believe something like this could happen there.

Route 12 is really the only main road through that area. Hopefully they can get surveillance camera footage from some local businesses if they can narrow down the timeframe a little. It's about a 12 hour drive back to Ohio from the OBX (with kids, longer, even). If they got home on Sunday, maybe they broke the drive up and got a hotel room somewhere on the way back? Even if they left Saturday, what were those kids doing with him on Thursday and Friday without their mom?? (
The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Irish_Eyes For This Useful Post:
Old 07-10-2012, 07:20 AM

Quote:
Shawn Jackenheimer said the children, son L, 3, and 13-year-old S, who is autistic, have told family members they last saw their mother July 3 when she went ghost crab hunting.

"They didn't see her after that," Shawn said. "He tried to put S on a bus or plane. That's what S said."

#####

Taylor said she last talked on the telephone to Jackenheimer at 11:30 p.m. July 3. She said the conversation was one Summerfield wouldn't have liked if he overheard it, declining to elaborate.

"She wasn't on or off," she said of the mood Jackenheimer was in. "She was just trying to make her kids happy. She was drinking when I called her. She was drinking sangria."

######

Braden said friends told Jackenheimer not to take the trip with Summerfield. They left Ashland on June 30.

"She changed her mind about the trip, and he was upset," Taylor said.

Taylor said the couple had not been dating recently and did not live together.

Taylor said her friend would not give up hope, and they won't either.

"She's strong. She's a fighter," she said.

Braden said Lynn feared Summerfield.

"But that's her baby's daddy," Taylor said. "She wanted to do whatever she could for L to have a dad.

"He went to great lengths to prove to her he had changed. We begged her not to go."
Much, much more at link: http://www.mansfieldnewsjournal.com/...-Ashland-woman

The difference between fiction and reality? Fiction has to make sense.
Old 07-10-2012, 08:19 AM

Surfie, that article completely breaks my heart for Lynn.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=195327
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to cocomod For This Useful Post:
Old 07-10-2012, 08:37 AM
Custom User Title goes here

Vigil held last night for LJ.

Quote:
About 150 people gathered Monday in the parking lot of Goodfellows Pizzeria & Pub for a candlelight vigil for the missing Ashland woman.
http://www.mansfieldnewsjournal.com/...text|Frontpage
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to AnonymousD For This Useful Post:
Old 07-10-2012, 08:43 AM
Custom User Title goes here

A not very important correction, but just for reference, WAVY 10 is in VA, not NC as reported in this article.

http://www.mansfieldnewsjournal.com/...-Ashland-woman

Quote:
According to WAVY News 10 in North Carolina, deputies in Dare County are looking for Lynn Jackenheimer, who was last seen in the Salvo area of Hatteras Island on July 4.
http://www.wavy.com/subindex/About_Us

WAVY TV 10
300 WAVY Street
Portsmouth, VA 23704
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to AnonymousD For This Useful Post:
Old 07-10-2012, 08:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cocomod View Post
Surfie, that article completely breaks my heart for Lynn.
Mine too. My gosh, she was just trying to take the kids on vacation with her son's father. She didn't even live with him anymore because of the abuse!

I'm guessing that he overheard that phone conversation at 11:30 and that's when he strangled her (hopefully while the kids were asleep).

The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to SurfieTX For This Useful Post:
Old 07-10-2012, 09:27 AM

Ashland County Sheriff's Office uncovers cellphone, surveillance video in missing mom

Quote:
ASHLAND, Ohio - Captain Carl Richert with the Ashland County Sheriff's Office has confirmed deputies have the cellphone of Nate Summerfield.

Summerfield is the ex-boyfriend considered a person of interest in the case of missing Ashland mom, Lynn Jackenheimer.

Richert said deputies found his cellphone in the city of Ashland, but he wouldn't say where. Richert told NewsChannel5 officials are working to see if it will help in the case.

The sheriff's office also has surveillance video in their possession. According to Richert, it shows Summerfield driving a 2009 dark metallic gray four-door Honda Civic at an Ashland Bank around 10 a.m. Sunday.

Richert said the video isn't too helpful for investigators because it only shows sections of the car. The video does show Richert driving the vehicle.
Read more: http://www.newsnet5.com/dpp/news/loc...#ixzz20E4ThiTx

The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to SurfieTX For This Useful Post:
Old 07-10-2012, 09:27 AM

His cellphone has been found:

ASHLAND, Ohio - Captain Carl Richert with the Ashland County Sheriff's Office has confirmed deputies have the cellphone of Nate Summerfield.

Summerfield is the ex-boyfriend considered a person of interest in the case of missing Ashland mom, Lynn Jackenheimer.

Read more: http://www.newsnet5.com/dpp/news/loc...#ixzz20E4ce4Tt

http://www.newsnet5.com/dpp/news/loc...ssing-mom-case
Old 07-10-2012, 09:30 AM

Quote:
ONN's affiliate WBNS obtained a 2009 temporary protection order against Summerfield that Jackenheimer filed. A judge ordered Summerfield to spend 30 days in jail and placed him on two years probation.

Sheriff's deputies said that they found Summerfield's cell phone on a street in Ashland on Sunday and were searching it to determine Jackenheimer's whereabouts.
http://www.onntv.com/content/stories...om-update.html

The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to SurfieTX For This Useful Post:
Old 07-10-2012, 09:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SurfieTX View Post
Lynn uploaded this picture on July 3, 2012. It's not dark out yet.

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fb...type=3&theater
I live in the area, and I could be wrong but that looks like it was taken on the Manteo waterfront. So was the last place she was seen in Nags Head, Salvo or Manteo?? All three towns are fairly close, but there is still a lot of area to cover between the three.
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Cocobean For This Useful Post:
Old 07-10-2012, 10:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mahoolin View Post
BBM
I read (hope I'm allowed to say this) a comment on a facebook for missing children that her daughter is autistic. So take that for what it's worth, a comment on a FB page.
Let's just say the daughter IS autistic for a moment, shall we?

Unfortunately, autism is one of those things that the worse a patient looks the worse their condition is - for the most part. As in, someone who is autistic but looks generally 'normal,' can usually still comprehend most things. Children who are autistic and look fairly disabled usually ARE to the point that their train of thought isn't exactly perfect, and they may not be able to report information on things seen.

IF that is all true, which it's all my opinion based on accounts I have come across in the past (and of course there are exceptions) Lynn's daughter does not look like she has a serious condition. If she is autistic, it is my belief that she would still be able to remember what happened to her mother - if she saw or heard anything - and the information would be significant.

That's just my take on it. Besides, she might not be autistic, which would leave all of my above comments irrelevant. However, this is just something to think about if the daughter does have autism - which she might not.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to cemmy For This Useful Post:
Old 07-10-2012, 10:35 AM

I don't think there is any chance this poor woman is alive, not if he confessed to strangling her and she has not been seen since. But since he did more or less confess to his brother, then maybe there is a possibility he will eventually tell his brother where she is. That is probably the best possible outcome at this point...
Old 07-10-2012, 10:46 AM

Quote:
Hoggard told FoxNews.com that North Carolina authorities found no trace of Jackenheimer, who was staying in a vacation rental home on the popular resort island with Summerfield and her children. After a search of the home, Hoggard said, "We found nothing to date that they sent us to look for."
Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/07/10...#ixzz20EOPmQmb

Old 07-10-2012, 10:50 AM

Who is "they?"

Quote:
On Monday the search party included 10 to 12 deputies, the sheriff, Hoggard and the North Carolina Highway Patrol helicopter and a search team of dogs.

“It’s not like the Jersey Shore or Virginia Beach. There’s 15 miles of nothing but sand dunes and scrub brush in places,” Hoggard said.

‘‘We wish we had more information. We’ve done about everything we can at this point,” Hoggard said. The information we have thus far is information we’re checking out. We searched extensively yesterday pretty much. It’s a lot of territory and Cape Hatteras is a national seashore, with a lot to look at. She could be anywhere.”

“They spent night in Richmond, Va., the Ashland people told us,” Hoggard said, opening up the search area even more.
http://www.mansfieldnewsjournal.com/...yssey=nav|head

Old 07-10-2012, 11:16 AM

Quote:
Jackenheimer's stepfather, Raymond Johnson, said Summerfield dropped the 13-year-old special needs girl off at his house on Dorchester.

"She was all by herself when we found her. He left her in the house and took the little boy to his parents house," said Johnson.

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-504083_1...on-police-say/
The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to cemmy For This Useful Post:
Old 07-10-2012, 11:22 AM

Could this be her? It looks like she was shot, though, so probably not.

http://www.wbtv.com/story/18986689/woamn

Quote:
She was found about 50 yards off the roadway.

Officers responded to Thereasea Clark Elder Park and roped off a portion of Rockwell Church Road near Sugar Creek Road in north Charlotte.

Crime scene investigators and homicide detectives began to process the area, collecting evidence and taking photos.

Right now, officers say this is being considered a homicide.

Officials said the woman was shot at least once, but they don't believe the body was dumped there.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to deca For This Useful Post:
Old 07-10-2012, 11:38 AM

Raymond Johnson, Lynne's stepfather, says Summerfield dropped the 13 year old special needs girl at his house on Dorchester.

http://www.19actionnews.com/story/18...end-on-the-run

Depending upon what her special needs are she may not be able to tell what happened and may not ask many questions. Someone mentioned she might of babysat while they were arguing, I don't think most people would have a special needs child babysit. I noticed in that boardwalk picture mom was holding her hand, I think she may have been very dependent on mom.

Always tell the truth. That way you don't have to remember what you said.
--Mark Twain
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to kseal07 For This Useful Post:
Old 07-10-2012, 01:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by deca View Post
Could this be her? It looks like she was shot, though, so probably not.

http://www.wbtv.com/story/18986689/woamn
It looks like the story has been updated - she's been identified as a local teenage girl.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Betty P For This Useful Post:
Old 07-10-2012, 01:29 PM

My God, he is dangerous.

Quote:
Fox 8 News’ Dave Nethers reports that according to the warrant,Jackenheimer was grabbed by Summerfield and choked.

The warrant states he pinned Jackenheimer to a kitchen table by her throat.
Nethers reports that according to the warrant, Summerfield then dragged her into the hallway by her neck.

The warrant also states that at a point earlier in 2009 Summerfield had locked Jackenheimer out of the couple’s residence during an argument. She was locked out of the home while wearing no clothes, according to the warrant.
http://fox8.com/2012/07/10/suspect-i...e-against-her/

The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to SurfieTX For This Useful Post:
Old 07-10-2012, 01:30 PM
In love with my husband and son!!!

Isn't Nags Head a pretty private area? Not much crime bc not a
Ot of tourists? I'd really like to know why he did it but if there was a history of dv that would explain it.

Let's go Yankees!!!!! My family was featured on Nancy Grace!

Natalee Holloway I'll never stop searching for you until you're found! 5-30-05

I my cop!!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to officer'swife 2010 For This Useful Post:
Old 07-10-2012, 01:34 PM

FBI searches for missing single mom

video at link: http://www.digtriad.com/video/defaul...TPAGE|featured

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to SurfieTX For This Useful Post:
Old 07-10-2012, 01:35 PM

Well, nevermind, I guess not:

Quote:
The Sheriff's Office confirmed this morning that the FBI is not yet involved in the disappearance of a county woman and her former boyfriend. The FBI has been in contact with the Sheriff's Office, but the situation does not warrant FBI involvment.
http://www.times-gazette.com/news/article/5202260

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to SurfieTX For This Useful Post:
Old 07-10-2012, 01:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SurfieTX View Post
FBI searches for missing single mom

video at link: http://www.digtriad.com/video/defaul...TPAGE|featured
I am glad that the FBI are involved. I hope that they find her soon! I am hopeful (although not naive) that she miraculously survived any attack and needs to be found.

He also needs to be found. He is in desparation mode and is likely very dangerous to himself as well as to others. I want him found so that hopefully he can answer questions that lead to Lynn.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=195327
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to cocomod For This Useful Post:
Old 07-10-2012, 01:44 PM

Why in the world would she have gone on vacation with him??? Good grief!!
Old 07-10-2012, 01:46 PM

I saw his picture and came to post here about those eyes. It has already been noted. So weird.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to BD1 For This Useful Post: