Deceased/Not Found SD - Catherine Tornquist, 56, Hot Springs, 5 Oct 2011 *M. Tornquist guilty*

It is mindbogging that someone's mother is worth a few housand dollars. She probably would have given him the money if he asked for it. I'm waiting to see if/when the gun case hits and who else is involved with that.

We've been here a few years now and can see some escalation in crime.

RieLee's case breaks my heart, poor baby, so innocent.

Hi Jacie, I'm Catherine's sister, it's nice to know that others have not forgotten about Catherine.

Just a reminder,just because the money was mentioned (it was mentioned "only" because grand theft was also a charge) that does not mean that was the motive for any crime. Unfortunately since that is all that the media has to share, it would be an obvious assumption that others might make. Crimes usually appear different to the public than what is really known, so just something to watch out for. Just because the case went to a Grand Jury does not mean that the investigation is over, it is not, it is currently still in motion and has been pretty much through out the whole time from the beginning of Cath's disappearance in October 2011 up to current date.

And as you all probably know, Matthew is presumed innocent until proven guilty, yet at the same time we know that generally most crimes are usually found guilty, just keep in mind, but not all of them.

On another note, they are continuing to search for Catherine when new leads or indicators come up. We have not given up hope for her restitution yet.

Thank you for your concern and thoughts,

Slyon, I'm so deeply sorry for your loss. Thank you for your comments, you made some great points that are important for us to remember. Again, I'm sorry for your family's loss.

:grouphug: for you sylon. We are thinking of your family.

MOO

Hi Jacie, I'm Catherine's sister, it's nice to know that others have not forgotten about Catherine.

Just a reminder,just because the money was mentioned (it was mentioned "only" because grand theft was also a charge) that does not mean that was the motive for any crime. Unfortunately since that is all that the media has to share, it would be an obvious assumption that others might make. Crimes usually appear different to the public than what is really known, so just something to watch out for. Just because the case went to a Grand Jury does not mean that the investigation is over, it is not, it is currently still in motion and has been pretty much through out the whole time from the beginning of Cath's disappearance in October 2011 up to current date.

And as you all probably know, Matthew is presumed innocent until proven guilty, yet at the same time we know that generally most crimes are usually found guilty, just keep in mind, but not all of them.

On another note, they are continuing to search for Catherine when new leads or indicators come up. We have not given up hope for her restitution yet.

I do hope you are able to lay Catherine to rest. Having had a family member murdered, actually 2 of them, I am aware of how the courts work. I wish you luck.

I will be watching the Federal gun case, I have alerts on it.

Slyon, it's good to hear from you again. Keep strong... I'll never forget Catherine.

Slyon, my heart and prayers go out to you and your family. One can only imagine what you and your family must be going through. I pray the Lord will help you find your sister, Catherine. God bless you and your family. Just remember there are people here who care!

Slyon, I'm so deeply sorry for your loss. Thank you for your comments, you made some great points that are important for us to remember. Again, I'm sorry for your family's loss.

Thanks Truman,

But please don't stop voicing your opinions, it certainly is not bothering me, I have heard quite a few diverse opinions for the last 8 months and I think it is important for everyone to have their say.

I do hope you are able to lay Catherine to rest. Having had a family member murdered, actually 2 of them, I am aware of how the courts work. I wish you luck.

I will be watching the Federal gun case, I have alerts on it.

Thanks Jacie, yeah it well, basically sucks the life out of you to go through it, I can only imagine as I'm headed down the same road that you have been down.
The investigation alone has been quite a journey for me to get through.

Thanks Jacie, yeah it well, basically sucks the life out of you to go through it, I can only imagine as I'm headed down the same road that you have been down.
The investigation alone has been quite a journey for me to get through.

I am so sorry that you have had to face this. We are in the Northern Black Hills, if there is anything we can do to help, please say so. When there are future searches, please advise ahead of time, if possible. We need a few hours lead time and have found out about searches after the fact.

I appreciate your being here on WS and hope that we can help you. Even if you need to vent, we are good listeners. take care, Jacie

I am so sorry that you have had to face this. We are in the Northern Black Hills, if there is anything we can do to help, please say so. When there are future searches, please advise ahead of time, if possible. We need a few hours lead time and have found out about searches after the fact.

I appreciate your being here on WS and hope that we can help you. Even if you need to vent, we are good listeners. take care, Jacie

Actually if you are interested in helping there are other ways to search besides ground searches which I can discuss with you privately. And yes, I will take all the help that I can get for my Sis.

Or message me here in this website and we can exchange emails (I keep forgetting how to do that myself, but I do know how to retrieve messages) I am on facebook too if anyone would like to share their concerns or comments or to just talk with me. We can exchange emails there too if you like. Here is my facebook page http://www.facebook.com/temie.lyon

I appreciate you being here too Jacie, thanks so much for your input.

Our family misses Catherine dearly.

Also as far as searches, they have been on going for some time now. But most are done with out the public due to the rough terrain that South Dakota has, it would be too dangerous for most of us to trek. Some places the officials can't even risk bringing dogs or vehicles in. So mostly there are professional search/rescue teams trained to do those kinds of deep searches.

Actually if you are interested in helping there are other ways to search besides ground searches which I can discuss with you privately. And yes, I will take all the help that I can get for my Sis.

Or message me here in this website and we can exchange emails (I keep forgetting how to do that myself, but I do know how to retrieve messages) I am on facebook too if anyone would like to share their concerns or comments or to just talk with me. We can exchange emails there too if you like. Here is my facebook page http://www.facebook.com/temie.lyon

I sent a request to you on Facebook... I hope that's OK.
If I can help in any way, please send it my way.

I am so sorry.

I sent a PM and am headed to FB. It was 107 here yesterday and I got sick from the heat so still moving slowly today.

To send a PM, click on the user name and a box drops down w/several options. You can either choose a 'private message' or 'public message'.

Sylon and Jacie, I am so sorry for your losses. Catherine has haunted me since I first read about her going missing. I cannot imagine the pain of having a family member murdered and still missing. You are all in my prayers. I live in NE Wyoming, so this really has left me feeling helpless and disturbed....

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back