Websleuths
Go Back   Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community > Crimes and Trials > Trials > Victoria Stafford

Notices

Victoria Stafford discuss all aspects of this case!

Old 06-29-2012, 12:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sillybilly View Post
The NPB is not limited to only reviewing evidence that came out at trial. They have a vast array of information available to them:

see Section 2.1 "Assessment for Pre-Release"

http://pbc-clcc.gc.ca/infocntr/polic...#_Toc296953777
Great to have this information SB, thank you. IMHO I don't think MR will ever be free from a prison cell. Taking into account the link you provided with this pertinent information and the viciousness and premeditated planning I feel very confident he's going no were without bars to contain him. I'm remaining very optimistic also that in 20 some years from now our laws will be more harsh and more prisons will be built to house these sick minded monsters for the rest of their lives. Time will tell.

As June turns into July, I cannot help but to think of Tori and the fact that she should have been celebrating her 12th birthday on July 15th. It's so heartbreaking her family and friends cannot watch our little Angel grow up and be the happy little girl she was meant to be. Here's hoping Tori's family will be celebrating her 12th birthday sharing happy memories and the great times they did have together in her short eight years.

Never to be forgotten Dear little Angel Tori.

Victoria is the Latin word for 'victory' or 'conquer'. And conquer she did! RIP sweet Tori.

May 15/12, Michael Rafferty guilty; abduction, sexual assault causing bodily harm and murder, first degree. 25 years with no chance of parole. R.I.H. P.O.S.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to swedie For This Useful Post:
Old 06-29-2012, 12:59 PM

...YEP I also have been thinking a lot about TORI! July does mark a special time for Tori's family as it is very SAD that they cannot celebrate her birthday....It reminds me of my own son's birthday July 19th...and we all know what July 19, 2009 also meant I got that TRAGIC news as I was out with all of my son's friends celebrating his birthday ...I shall never forget JULY !9 2009 as it still tears at my Heart terribly.....

Has anyone heard ANY THING about Michael Rafferty ...he should have had his 6 weeks assessment at Malhaven...I have done endless google search BUt nothing appears????....I would have thought he would be arriving @ his NEW HOme in KINGSTON Penn....????....if anyone hears I am sure it shall be posted here I am hoping???

...Plus I wonder if TLM trial outcome shall ever surface ...? ...IMO ...it would be interesting as to what went on???....there was a publication bann as we all know!

Always remember in ONTARIO'S heart OUR ANGEL TORI.......I hope you are finally RIP TORI ....& your family is starting to heal the best they can after such a HORRIFIC TRAGEDY and Trial...God Bless our sweet little ANGEL TORI xxooo..robynhood

**RIP Tim Bosma...
Justice Shall Prevail
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to robynhood For This Useful Post:
Old 06-29-2012, 04:39 PM

Rafferty is going down as one of Canada's most despicable criminals.

Canada's Most Notorious Crimes

These are some of the most controversial crimes our society has ever witnessed

10 infamous crimes committed by Canadians

by Roop Gill

Hockey, maple syrup, CN Tower, and the breathtaking outdoors: Canadians have a lot to be proud of. But that doesn’t mean we don’t have skeletons in our closet. From horrific massacres to unthinkable crimes, Canada has been home to its fair share of criminals that have shocked the citizens of the Great White North, and well beyond. By no stretch of the imagination do we intend to glorify these criminals, but while we celebrate being Canadian, it is important to reflect upon some of the most infamous crimes our society has ever witnessed.

http://news.sympatico.ca/SpecialRepo...dian_criminals

The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Wondergirl For This Useful Post:
Old 07-04-2012, 12:58 PM

Perhaps this new App will prevent many crimes from going unsolved, and perhaps prevent the crime in the 1st place.

Toronto police unveil crime-fighting app

Quote:
It's billed as a North American first — a crime-fighting mobile app for smartphones to be unveiled Wednesday by Toronto police and the city's Crime Stoppers program.

The app includes interactive features that enable Toronto-area residents to alert police in real time about a crime or potential crime through photos, video, emails, text, and a button that autodials Crime Stoppers.
Quote:
The app also includes a database of some of city's wanted criminals, social media updates and a GPS locator to nearby police stations.
http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toront...crime-app.html
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Wondergirl For This Useful Post:
Old 07-04-2012, 09:58 PM
Meow Meow Meow Meow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wondergirl View Post
Rafferty is going down as one of Canada's most despicable criminals.

Canada's Most Notorious Crimes

These are some of the most controversial crimes our society has ever witnessed

10 infamous crimes committed by Canadians

by Roop Gill

Hockey, maple syrup, CN Tower, and the breathtaking outdoors: Canadians have a lot to be proud of. But that doesn’t mean we don’t have skeletons in our closet. From horrific massacres to unthinkable crimes, Canada has been home to its fair share of criminals that have shocked the citizens of the Great White North, and well beyond. By no stretch of the imagination do we intend to glorify these criminals, but while we celebrate being Canadian, it is important to reflect upon some of the most infamous crimes our society has ever witnessed.

http://news.sympatico.ca/SpecialRepo...dian_criminals

Awsome, we should never forget these monsters, cuz when their time for parole comes up, people will remember what they did.

---

On another note, I was thinking yesterday why MR hadn't filed an appeal yet, perhaps he did find a lawyer, but was told to wait to file an extension because it was too fresh in people's minds right now and people would not be happy?

Princess on Earth, Angel in Heaven

“If two points are destined to touch, the universe will always find a way to make the connection. Even when all hope seems lost, certain ties cannot be broken. They define who we are — and who we can become. Across space, across time, even across paths we cannot predict.” -Touch
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Hello_Kitty For This Useful Post:
Old 07-06-2012, 04:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hello_Kitty View Post
Awsome, we should never forget these monsters, cuz when their time for parole comes up, people will remember what they did.

---

On another note, I was thinking yesterday why MR hadn't filed an appeal yet, perhaps he did find a lawyer, but was told to wait to file an extension because it was too fresh in people's minds right now and people would not be happy?
You could be right HK but I'm thinking more along the line MR has no justifiable reason to appeal. I would assume again he would be appointed a legal aid lawyer and he/she would advise MR whether his appeal would even be worthy of filing. JMO but it's possible the media doesn't even know if MR has spoken to a lawyer; just that he hasn't filed an appeal yet. AND I don't see him having a good enough reason to appeal anything. All I's were dotted and all T's were crossed in the trial and I don't think he has a leg to stand on. I pray he rots away in a tiny, dingy prison cell, miserable and depressed as all heck and no visitors. He deserves whatever *****ty treatment he has coming to him.

Dear Angel Tori, you are at peace now and the two sick, evil individuals who took you away will pay for what they did to you.

Victoria is the Latin word for 'victory' or 'conquer'. And conquer she did! RIP sweet Tori.

May 15/12, Michael Rafferty guilty; abduction, sexual assault causing bodily harm and murder, first degree. 25 years with no chance of parole. R.I.H. P.O.S.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to swedie For This Useful Post:
Old 07-07-2012, 05:12 PM
Meow Meow Meow Meow.

I just got this really bad vibe about MR's appeal. Perhaps he did find a lawyer to handle his appeal, and the lawyer told him to wait to file an extension so as to let time go by a bit, thinking that maybe people would forget?

I hope that isn't the case because I can't believe anyone would be stupid enough to think that Victoria's murder and who murdered her would be forgotten that easy and that soon.

oh oops, I'd forgotten I'd posted my thought already about MR's appeal. Losing my sanity I see.

“If two points are destined to touch, the universe will always find a way to make the connection. Even when all hope seems lost, certain ties cannot be broken. They define who we are — and who we can become. Across space, across time, even across paths we cannot predict.” -Touch
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Hello_Kitty For This Useful Post:
Old 07-07-2012, 06:48 PM

Just wondering what MR could base his appeal on; anyone have any thoughts? Derstine stated possibly the location of where the trial was held may be grounds for appeal but I myself bet that appeal would be denied as I believe Derstine and MR were ok with the location of London when that was decided on over a year ago IIRC. There will not be an appeal based on the evidence which was NOT allowed to be presented during the trial obviously and thank you to Judge Heeney for that ruling. Maybe evidence which was presented?? What that could possibly be, I have no idea as everything was thoroughly gone over during the pretrial hearing. IMHO I don't think there will be an appeal case. He may try out of desperation or the sheer thought of being a burden to taxpayers because he can. MR is evil and knows he was the one who instigated and probably murdered Tori. Mind you he's probably desperately trying to come up with something, but it'll be a loss cause. That's just the way a psychopath's mind works IMO.

May he rot in hell.

http://kitchener.ctvnews.ca/michael-...ondon-1.754061

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to swedie For This Useful Post:
Old 07-07-2012, 07:06 PM

Dear Tori, I think of you so often and it breaks my heart to know what you were forced to go through during the last few hours of your sweet innocent short life. No child should ever have to be faced with this type of torture by sick, evil monsters ever. I pray the laws will change and anyone who harms or murders children in such horrific ways are dealt with to the full extent of the law and put away forever in a tiny jail cell for the remainder of their lives. I hope your daddy goes on to seek and make these changes possibly in your honour.

I'm very saddened to think you should be home with your loving family and your big brother, your best friend, planning your upcoming 12th birthday just eight days away. I want you to know that on your birthday I will be celebrating your special day in my own way and remembering the sweet, pretty little girl who stole my heart over three years ago. May the rewards of heaven out weight any happiness you had here on earth.

Forever in my heart sweet Angel!

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to swedie For This Useful Post:
Old 07-09-2012, 07:17 PM

Tori sweetie I shall never ever forget you ...or the day they found you July 19 2009...my own sons birthday...you enter my mind very often and just bought shania Twain's album ..."UP" your fav song as i was thinking of you>> and I play it often...forever remembered and loved by so many in Ontario....I pray one day ...Canada recognizes the Tori Law...and i pray never to read of such a horrific assault on ...a pretty angel ...Tori ...MAy you RIP and I pray you are chasing beautiful butterflies in PEACE...Your final HOURS by those MONSTERS SHOULD HAVE never happened...rip sweet angel ..and your attackers may you rot forever...robynhood..one here who loves kids with all her heart...<3

**RIP Tim Bosma...
Justice Shall Prevail
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to robynhood For This Useful Post:
Old 07-11-2012, 10:53 PM

You are right Mr. Tucker. For whatever reason that may be, it confuses me all to heck. Denial, ignorance, doubt, law abiding, antagonistic, family, there is no excuse IMHO to sympathize or be on that evil side with the criminal mind. Sympathies should be first and foremost with the victim, especially an innocent child and the child's family. Shame on those who sympathize with the guilty monsters. Rot in hell MR.

I'm often amazed at the sympathy people are so quick to express for the criminal (Michael Rafferty) and the lack of it for the victim (Tori Stafford).

Sentencing Rafferty to 25 years is not punishment: he still gets to breathe, eat, sleep, communicate, exercise, read, watch TV, use a computer, etc., none of which is possible for the innocent victim. He has no bills to pay and doesn't have to work.

Our tolerance of evil is setting the stage for more innocent victims to be used, abused and discarded like trash. Being declared guilty and sent to jail is no deterrent to heinous crime (see Ecclesiastes 8: 11).

Read more: http://www.leaderpost.com/life/Lette...#ixzz20N8gZVr5

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to swedie For This Useful Post:
Old 07-12-2012, 03:25 AM

Those names ..Raffery...McClintic and sadly Tori Stafford are forever etched in the minds of anyone who followed the case...time will not let people forget....an appeal is futile IMO.

Rest in peace little one. Your small time on this earth made such a tremendous impact on so many. You will not be forgotten.

Evil is; as evil does.

Prayers for Jun Lin, his family and those that love him.
Justice is patient, relentless in its pursuit and is on the march for Justin Lin....
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to snoofer For This Useful Post:
Old 07-12-2012, 10:25 PM
Meow Meow Meow Meow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by swedie View Post
Just wondering what MR could base his appeal on; anyone have any thoughts? Derstine stated possibly the location of where the trial was held may be grounds for appeal but I myself bet that appeal would be denied as I believe Derstine and MR were ok with the location of London when that was decided on over a year ago IIRC. There will not be an appeal based on the evidence which was NOT allowed to be presented during the trial obviously and thank you to Judge Heeney for that ruling. Maybe evidence which was presented?? What that could possibly be, I have no idea as everything was thoroughly gone over during the pretrial hearing. IMHO I don't think there will be an appeal case. He may try out of desperation or the sheer thought of being a burden to taxpayers because he can. MR is evil and knows he was the one who instigated and probably murdered Tori. Mind you he's probably desperately trying to come up with something, but it'll be a loss cause. That's just the way a psychopath's mind works IMO.

May he rot in hell.

http://kitchener.ctvnews.ca/michael-...ondon-1.754061
There was also talk of an appeal based on the admission of McClintic's first confession. Some believe it should never have been admitted as evidence.

I don't believe that myself. I believe all evidence should weigh in at a trial for such a heinous crime.

Happy Birthday dearest Victoria. Just 3 days left. I hope you have lots of puppies and kittens to play with in heaven. Give your family strength to get through this.

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Hello_Kitty For This Useful Post:
Old 07-15-2012, 05:30 PM

Happy 12th Birthday little angel, I've been thinking about you and your family all day today.
Old 07-15-2012, 06:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxfactor View Post
Happy 12th Birthday little angel, I've been thinking about you and your family all day today.
Happy Birthday Tori! xoxo

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to matou For This Useful Post:
Old 07-15-2012, 08:19 PM

Thinking of Tori and her family today.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to ~n/t~ For This Useful Post:
Old 07-16-2012, 04:46 PM

Happy 12th Birthday beautiful little Angel!

You have captured so many peoples' heart and will never be forgotten.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to swedie For This Useful Post:
Old 07-18-2012, 01:48 AM

May 15/12 - Old article I had not seen before. Makes me believe we will not get to see TLM's full SOF until and/or if MR appeals and everything has been settled. MR will more than likely not appeal because then TLM's full SOF will be published and the public will get more horrific detail on what the sickos actually did to poor Tori April 8, 2009. JMO

Michael Rafferty Trial: Was McClintic Publication Ban Worth It? Personally I say YES the partial ban was needed as it gave MR one less reason to file an appeal. JMO

A jury found Michael Rafferty guilty Friday of first-degree murder, sexual assault causing bodily harm and kidnapping in Tori's death. All of the details from McClintic's plea were heard at Rafferty's trial, mostly when she took the stand as the Crown's key witness, but the controversial publication ban only ended with Rafferty's verdicts.

The Crown suggested that only the facts pertaining to McClintic alone should be published. McDermid accepted that approach, ruling the following day that the media could essentially publish all the details of the plea except for those that referred directly or indirectly to Rafferty.

"The public has a right to know now that … there was no intention to conduct a secret hearing and a secret hearing was not held," McDermid said in his ruling on May 19, 2010. "It is also important for the public to know there was no plea bargain."

But Derstine said his client wanted to appeal that ruling to the Supreme Court, so the total publication ban was extended until the highest court's ruling on whether Rafferty could pursue that appeal.

The Supreme Court declined to hear Derstine's appeal, so on Dec. 9, 2010, media outlets could publish the facts from McClintic's plea that McDermid had allowed. Her telling of how Tori was raped and killed was not publicly reported until she testified at Rafferty's trial this year.

Here's hoping Mikey does have colon cancer (which he told others he had) and herpes and other STDs, and they are all eating him up slowly and painfully while he's caged in his new home at KP. Have a torturous, painful, depressing life there Mikey. I hope no one comes to see you you pathetic piece of *****. JMOHO.

http://www.huffingtonpost.ca/2012/05...n_1516254.html

Last edited by swedie; 07-18-2012 at 01:49 AM. Reason: link
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to swedie For This Useful Post:
Old 07-19-2012, 04:19 PM

http://youtu.be/gG9eYaUWrXA...notes left for tori...3 years ago today she was found...july 19 ,2009...my heart still aches...i had to post this as i hope she will always be remebered ...I know i will never forget this day...robynhood

**RIP Tim Bosma...
Justice Shall Prevail
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to robynhood For This Useful Post:
Old 07-20-2012, 01:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by robynhood View Post
http://youtu.be/gG9eYaUWrXA...notes left for tori...3 years ago today she was found...july 19 ,2009...my heart still aches...i had to post this as i hope she will always be remebered ...I know i will never forget this day...robynhood
A very sad day indeed. This never should have happened to Tori; not to any child. RIP Tori, never to be forgotten.

This site The National has some interesting videos regarding interrogation methods. Interrogators include our hero Det. Jim Smyth who got a confession from TLM and RW and found Tori's remains.

The interrogation-room confessions that led to the convictions of Russell Williams and Terri-Lynne McClintic for their horrific and high profile crimes earned high praise for the Ontario Provincial Police, and especially for interrogator Staff Sgt. Jim Smyth. But outside the glare of the media spotlight, concerns are being raised about the aggressive methods employed by Canadian police forces, and whether the interrogation techniques they use are eliciting confessions from the innocent, as well as the guilty. Two Canadians who confessed to crimes they did not commit speak out in this exclusive report by Joe Schlesinger of CBC News.

http://www.cbc.ca/thenational/indept...ndconfessions/

Old 07-20-2012, 08:39 AM

My link yesterday July19 2012 did NOT hyper link...so I am trying again.....3 years to the day tori's battered body was found/identified as Tori .... this you tube video was made ,,,,it is called " Notes for Tori "and contains beautiful pics of tori's life and how GREATLY upset many Ont.people felt....http://youtu.be/gG9eYaUWrXA....do not think it hyper linked to take you directly to this you tube video.... but you can cut and paste into your browser...NOT SURE WHY IT WILL not give you a hyper link???....sorry ...I do think many of you would like to see it tho...robynhood....still heart broken ...and will never forgt OUR ONT>ANGEL...RIP TORI !...I agree with Swede ABOVE....this should have NEVER have HAPPENED TO ANY CHILD!.....I still feel IMO....The Tori LAw for these savage beast should OCCUR!...that is my Strong opinion....robynhood

**RIP Tim Bosma...
Justice Shall Prevail
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to robynhood For This Useful Post:
Old 07-20-2012, 01:44 PM

Thank you for posting that new video Robynhood. That is beautiful. Tori has touch so many peoples' hearts.

Old 07-20-2012, 07:22 PM

Your very welcome Swede and everyone here..As I know your heart is like mine forever broken & torn over this horrendous case...I can only say that I hope tori's bother..THE best BRO EVER >>>...can HEAL and realize He IS NOT TO BLAME...and Tori's Family some how find the strength to continue ...so dam hard as she was a beautiful chlid who has DEFINITELY capture our love ...and all of ONTARIO"S HEART ..We all LOve you Tori ...I agree this dam EVIL SHOULD NEVER HAVE happened ...and I will forever pray that Rodney has his wishes fufilled.." I hope in 5 years tori is rembered as the child who has changed Canada's law forever"....I am quoting Tori's dad as you all know...and this again is MY OPINION>>>!...robynhood....MICHAel Rafferty ...may you Rot forever for your EVIL WAYs...as the judge last said..." You Sir are a MONSTER!...robynhood.!

**RIP Tim Bosma...
Justice Shall Prevail
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to robynhood For This Useful Post:
Old 07-27-2012, 11:03 PM

The Crime Severity Index shows Woodstock is an average city when it comes to crime-July 24, 2012.

The term Oxy County was used during the May first-degree murder trial Michael Rafferty. At the time of the trial, national media depicted Woodstock and the surrounding area as the epicentre of Oxycontin use in the country.

http://www.woodstocksentinelreview.c...comes-to-crime

IIRC Woodstock was given the bad rap long before May and MR's trial. Even long before the abduction, rape and murder of precious Tori. MOO

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to swedie For This Useful Post:
Old 08-02-2012, 06:16 PM

Michael Rafferty appeals conviction in Tori Stafford murder

Michael Rafferty, the man sentenced to life for the killing of 8-year-old Tori Stafford, is appealing his conviction on grounds the judge failed to properly instruct the jury.

In the appeal received by the Court of Appeal for Ontario on July 26, Rafferty also says the “jury failed to apprehend the evidentiary requirement to convict for first-degree murder.”

If a new trial is ordered, he would like a trial by jury, Rafferty wrote from prison.

Rafferty missed the 30-day deadline to appeal his conviction but asked for an extension, attributing the delay to “inability to use the telephone to contact legal counsel.”

http://www.thestar.com/news/gta/arti...tafford-murder

I guess this is no surprise. More tax dollars to be wasted on this POS. *sigh*
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Kamille For This Useful Post: