Websleuths
Go Back   Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community > Featured Case Discussion > Hot Cases > Susan Cox Powell

Notices

Susan Cox Powell Missing from West Valley City, Utah, and last seen on December 6, 2009.

Closed Thread

Old 06-30-2012, 01:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by A_News_Junkie View Post
" Also, Davis said Powell has been classified as "low risk" to commit another crime upon release." from link quoted.....

So who is this Davis and how on earth does he come to that conclusion????
Good question. Maybe all the karma got ole SP & he has a lack of libido. Nasty old pervert. I hope so.
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Dr. Know? For This Useful Post:
Old 07-03-2012, 08:00 AM
Justice for all victims!

SP is not going anywhere. The only way he can be moved to a prison out of state is if he were to go to a federal prison. Inmates serve their time in the state where their offenses were committed. Another state is not going to take on the expense of housing him. SP did not work directly with inmates, so he is not at risk where that is concerned. What he is at risk for from other inmates is that even most criminals/inmates don't like what he did, IMO. Davis is just blowing smoke.

JMO
Old 07-17-2012, 11:23 AM
A nice girl with a disturbing hobby

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaLaw2000 View Post
SP is not going anywhere. The only way he can be moved to a prison out of state is if he were to go to a federal prison. Inmates serve their time in the state where their offenses were committed. Another state is not going to take on the expense of housing him. SP did not work directly with inmates, so he is not at risk where that is concerned. What he is at risk for from other inmates is that even most criminals/inmates don't like what he did, IMO. Davis is just blowing smoke.

JMO
Actually, states trade prisoners all the time. They make contracts with each other. Diane Downs killed her kids in Oregon, but after escaping, she was sent to New Jersey for some time, and then moved to Purdy, Washington where she still is.

Here is a recent story on how states sometimes trade prisoners or contract the job out. http://www.oregonlive.com/pacific-no..._river_default

States need to have ways to move problem inmates, especially if they are escape risks.

Now in the Powell instance, since he only has a few months left, I doubt they will move him, and I doubt he will be a danger to others or an escape risk, so he will probably stay where he is. For his neighbor's sake, I hope he sells his house and finds a new place to live. Maybe between a toxic body of water and a junk yard. (Do they have any nuclear plants in Washington?)
Old 07-17-2012, 11:30 AM
DV Advocate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Know? View Post
Good question. Maybe all the karma got ole SP & he has a lack of libido. Nasty old pervert. I hope so.
BBM Do you have any idea how hard it is to throw up and laugh at the same time?

http://grandmotherscouncil.org/
My Facebook page; I am grateful for the fact that two people who joined had colonoscopies, discovered cancer and are on the way to healing through treatment. Colonoscopies save lives!

www.facebook.com/WaitWhereAmIGoing
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Jacie Estes For This Useful Post:
Old 07-17-2012, 05:48 PM

Radioactivity

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwenabob View Post

Do they have any nuclear plants in Washington?

Hanford, you absolute genius.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/1..._n_785358.html

Now I'm

Laughing
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Laughing For This Useful Post:
Old 08-02-2012, 08:45 PM

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories...08-02-20-36-56

Social workers tasked with protecting the children of Josh Powell did not consult with law enforcement or explore his potentially violent past before allowing him to host supervised visits at his home, a panel found Thursday.

bbm
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Elley Mae For This Useful Post:
Old 08-02-2012, 09:20 PM
A nice girl with a disturbing hobby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elley Mae View Post
http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories...08-02-20-36-56

Social workers tasked with protecting the children of Josh Powell did not consult with law enforcement or explore his potentially violent past before allowing him to host supervised visits at his home, a panel found Thursday.

bbm

Unbelievable. I hope the Coxes get a shipload of money out of this. And I hope it goes to court so that the state cannot hide behind a confidentiality agreement. I know a lot of money won't bring back their beautiful daughter and grandsons, but it might get the state to take their responsibilities seriously in the future.
Old 08-02-2012, 09:42 PM
Emutionally Disturbed

If it wasn't for it being such a sick, sad case you could call it a comedy of errors. However, there's nothing funny about it.

Thanks Steadfast for the spinning Buffalo Bills Emu

Made by HD ----->

Warning: Some buttons may be offensive!
BAD WORDS AND OFFENSIVE MATERIAL
AND STUFF LIKE THAT THERE!!

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Steely Dan For This Useful Post:
Closed Thread