Deceased/Not Found Australia - Gail Lynch, 55, Warwick, Qld, 3 July 2012 *I. Hannaford guilty*

Missing red floor rug key in Warwick grandma Gail Lynch mystery

by: Kate Kyriacou
July 17, 2012 1:56PM

POLICE investigating the disappearance of Warwick grandmother Gail Lynch are looking for a red floor rug that has been taken from her apartment.
Detective Inspector Darrin Shadlow said relatives of Ms Lynch discovered the rug missing when police took them through her house.

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/...il-lynch-mystery/story-e6freon6-1226428136252

Oh dear! This is not sounding good.

Oh that does not sound good does it..

I have been searching for this thread, finally found it.. Seems Police may have a POI in the Boyfriend?

Oh that does not sound good does it..

I have been searching for this thread, finally found it.. Seems Police may have a POI in the Boyfriend?

Seems so UT...now police are looking for him...

July 19, 2012 7:34PM

A WEEK after releasing him from questioning, detectives are again looking to speak with the former boyfriend of missing Warwick grandmother Gail Lynch.
Warwick police and the homicide unit tonight made a public appeal for the whereabouts of Ian Hannaford, who met Ms Lynch on a dating website.

Police questioned the 58-year-old man last Wednesday, but released him without charge.

Mr Hannaford's Toowoomba property was also forensically searched, while his blue 2004 BA model Ford Falcon sedan was seized for testing.

Neighbours told The Courier-Mail earlier this week they had not seen the man at his home in some days

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/...other-gail-lynch/story-e6freoof-1226430343354

A WEEK after releasing him from questioning, detectives are again looking to speak with the former boyfriend of missing Warwick grandmother Gail Lynch.
Warwick police and the homicide unit tonight made a public appeal for the whereabouts of Ian Hannaford, who met Ms Lynch on a dating website.

Police questioned the 58-year-old man last Wednesday, but released him without charge.

Mr Hannaford's Toowoomba property was also forensically searched, while his blue 2004 BA model Ford Falcon sedan was seized for testing.

Neighbours told The Courier-Mail earlier this week they had not seen the man at his home in some days

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/...other-gail-lynch/story-e6freoof-1226430343354
whoops, he may have flown the nest. I thought QPS had seized his car and had him under surveillance. But I heard on the news today that QPS are extremely understaffed, cases aren't being assigned and crimes go unsolved.

You'd think that QPS would have kept this former boyfriend under surveillance or at the very least, he would have checked in with police to learn how their investigation going. I just hope that Gail is found soon.

My thoughts are with her family. It must be absolutely horrifying to be in their position right now.

You'd think that QPS would have kept this former boyfriend under surveillance or at the very least, he would have checked in with police to learn how their investigation going. I just hope that Gail is found soon.

My thoughts are with her family. It must be absolutely horrifying to be in their position right now.

I am surprised as he seemed to be POI, that a close eye was not being kept on his movements.. how frustrating.

This makes me feel sick. What is it with people who murder? I reckon we need to focus more on anger management - ALL of us. Make a huge thing of it - like obesity or any other disease prevention. Peace has to start within each of us. What we need is another good hippy era - peace and love, man.

Please help find Gail Lynch. Family are asking everyone to ask at lease one other person to send out a request to find Gail.

http://www.facebook.com/MissingPersonGailLynch

#FindMissingGail

Warwick is only a small community, so please, please help if you can.

Also keep all eyes peeled for Ian Hannaford the POI from Toowoomba who is the only suspect and is missing.:please:

Man sought by police over disappearance of Warwick woman Gail Lynch is found in bushland

July 27, 2012 8:27AM

A PERSON of interest in the case of missing woman Gail Lynch has been found.
Ian Hannaford, 58, was reportedly found this morning in bushland in Toowoomba.

While police would not confirm the identity of the man, they said a 58-year-old man related to the case is in Toowoomba Hospital undergoing treatment.

Detective Inspector Darrin Shadlow said Mr Hannaford was found around 8.30pm Thursday night near Picnic Point Park.

"He's still in hospital at this stage," he said.

"He's being treated for exposure and dehydration."

His Toowoomba home has been searched by police while his blue 2004 BA model Ford Falcon sedan was taken for testing.

Police confirmed last week that Mr Hannaford was the main suspect in the disappearance of Ms Lynch.

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/...ound-in-bushland/story-e6freon6-1226436365338

Police treating disappearance of Warwick woman Gail Lynch as homicide investigation

July 27, 2012 2:08PM

POLICE are now treating the case of missing woman Gail Lynch as a homicide investigation.
Detective Inspector Darren Shadlow announced the development today.

Ms Lynch's Internet boyfriend Ian Hannaford, 58, was found last night in bushland in Toowoomba.

Det Insp Shadlow said the main person of interest, Mr Hannaford, has not yet been interviewed since he was found on Thursday night by security guards doing their nightly rounds at Picnic Point area in Toowoomba.

"They located a male person in the toilet block in that area," he said.

"That male person did have some injuries to him, the Queensland Ambulance Service was called as was the Queensland Police Service."

Det Insp Shadlow said he does have numerous cuts on him and it could be days until he is formally interviewed by police

He said Mr Hannaford has "been living rough" and a small campsite was found in the area he was discovered and believed to be where he had been living for days.

He is being treated for dehyrdration and exposure.

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/...ound-in-bushland/story-e6freon6-1226436365338

Police treating disappearance of Warwick woman Gail Lynch as homicide investigation

July 27, 2012 2:08PM

POLICE are now treating the case of missing woman Gail Lynch as a homicide investigation.
Detective Inspector Darren Shadlow announced the development today.

Ms Lynch's Internet boyfriend Ian Hannaford, 58, was found last night in bushland in Toowoomba.

Det Insp Shadlow said the main person of interest, Mr Hannaford, has not yet been interviewed since he was found on Thursday night by security guards doing their nightly rounds at Picnic Point area in Toowoomba.

"They located a male person in the toilet block in that area," he said.

"That male person did have some injuries to him, the Queensland Ambulance Service was called as was the Queensland Police Service."

Det Insp Shadlow said he does have numerous cuts on him and it could be days until he is formally interviewed by police

He said Mr Hannaford has "been living rough" and a small campsite was found in the area he was discovered and believed to be where he had been living for days.

He is being treated for dehyrdration and exposure.

Thanks Marlywings. I heard this on the radio - ABC. I can't imagine how IH managed to hide in the bush for so long. It would have been awfully cold. On the report I heard that he was only semi-conscious when found and will not be interviewed today.

Just hope he confesses and Gail is found, for the family's sake. :please:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CourtandSims4
Back