Websleuths
Go Back   Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community > Featured Case Discussion > Hot Cases > Luka Rocco Magnotta AKA Eric Newman

Notices

Luka Rocco Magnotta AKA Eric Newman Charged in the brutal murder and dismemberment of Lin Jun. Please join our discussion about this bizarre and tragic case.


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #101  
Old 07-19-2012, 05:50 PM
cherriejones88 cherriejones88 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by zvzvzv View Post
the 'tear you to shreds' bit was a joke, referring to my correction of the date of the Business Journal article.
i only wrote out the factors that led me to believe that the letters to the band are either manufactured, or at least that the messenger is untrustworthy based upon their online profile or of course both. anyone can agree or disagree.
we're just sharing information and ideas, nothing personal.
well then that's my bad, I quess. I am sorry for that then, I guess. I made a mistake on the date, but that does not mean anything? All of this bands news was still posted way before that article. You speak of online profile? I have done the same thing, and I do not understand what makes you think its not trust worthy? You mention on how the band gets payment for their songs, every band in the world does that and every band in the world is on Youtube? So, this just makes them untrustworthy? I am just trying to understand, you say factors, but I do not see them? So, now remember we can agree to disagree...
Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cherriejones88 For This Useful Post:
  #102  
Old 07-19-2012, 08:12 PM
nursebeeme's Avatar
nursebeeme nursebeeme is offline
WS Super Moderator
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: sipping coffee at the Purple Rose Theatre
Posts: 52,141
let us all get back to the case discussion....move on from the band and any links or copy and paste pertaining to it.

thanks
__________________
This bee my opinion
Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to nursebeeme For This Useful Post:
  #103  
Old 07-20-2012, 12:01 AM
ToBeHonest ToBeHonest is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 63
Quote:
Originally Posted by zvzvzv View Post
there was some discussion of the aunt LM claimed to have murdered.
there is a very believable quote from a family friend that checks out with the facts, the quote is on bestgore.
this friend says that her boyfriend was the killer & was serving time for it.
there is also a memorial webpage for this woman where a commenter names her murderer. Many of LM's family members have posted to this page, some under pseudonyms.
i will not link to this stuff for obvious reasons.
just putting out there; there's proof LM was lying about
murdering his aunt and defiling her corpse.
those are the facts,
my opinion is that he said these things
of course for shock value, but also to hurt his grandmother & cousins.
I agree with what you say about hurting family. I hypothesize that when it's been rumored they cut him off, that may have been when he started this and the incest-with-his-sister stories online, as well as the one about sleeping with his stepmother. If you put all of those together (I would love to check dates to see if they were all posted around the same time since he seemed to go on binges) it could be his concerted effort to get back at his family for alienating him.
Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ToBeHonest For This Useful Post:
  #104  
Old 07-20-2012, 08:24 PM
zvzvzv zvzvzv is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 124
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToBeHonest View Post
I agree with what you say about hurting family. I hypothesize that when it's been rumored they cut him off, that may have been when he started this and the incest-with-his-sister stories online, as well as the one about sleeping with his stepmother. If you put all of those together (I would love to check dates to see if they were all posted around the same time since he seemed to go on binges) it could be his concerted effort to get back at his family for alienating him.
in August 2008 he posted about fathering his sisters child (8/25) & an affair with his stepmother (8/21).
postings about the aunt seem to start in may 2012.
the first two are about a month after his birthday
(forgot to send a card eh?) by May 2012 he was bent
on destroying everyone who ever gave him a chance.
my opinion of course.
Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to zvzvzv For This Useful Post:
  #105  
Old 07-20-2012, 10:05 PM
sinwonderland sinwonderland is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 87
Sometimes I wonder if he did all of this to make his family suffer.
Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sinwonderland For This Useful Post:
  #106  
Old 07-20-2012, 10:25 PM
ToBeHonest ToBeHonest is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 63
Quote:
Originally Posted by HastingsChi View Post
ToBeHonest did you just coin the term "Luka Fan Culture"... Yuck, almost feel like I need to shower reading it but unfortunately it's a sad reality...

Reading all these articles about Magnotta's "obsessed female fans" is so bizarre-- and now my advice for Magnotta's female fans:

Ladies that fall into this niche category: if you want to be a fruit fly, queen bee, homo honey, flame dame or whatever you want to call it; the gay community welcomes you. But a word of advice, even if he wasn't charged with these horrors, you might want to choose a gay friend who doesn't spend 23 hours each day on the computer and actually does fun real world things. Now let's add the horrific crimes to the mix, you might want to consider he might be a touch crazy-- not that fun kinda crazy but the kinda crazy that doesn't end in good natured laughter. Now stop being silly geese yearning for the phone to ring and Magnotta singing a Lionel Richie song to you; it's never going to happen. Instead maybe volunteer at a soup kitchen, work for a charitable cause dear to your heart or anything other than making macaroni art Magnotta's and idolizing him the same way 10 year old girls do with Justin Bieber...
I guess I did create that term (TM).
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to ToBeHonest For This Useful Post:
  #107  
Old 07-20-2012, 10:29 PM
HastingsChi's Avatar
HastingsChi HastingsChi is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Chicago, IL USA
Posts: 1,464
Quote:
Originally Posted by sinwonderland View Post
Sometimes I wonder if he did all of this to make his family suffer.
I doubt he cared about his family, they were a means to an end in many ways-- one of his methods to try to trick or guilt folks into caring about him was to use these unverified tales of abuse to humanize himself and try to gain compassion from others. Magnotta only cares about one person and everything he has done or will do is solely to benefit him.



Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S 2
Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to HastingsChi For This Useful Post:
  #108  
Old 07-21-2012, 06:03 AM
claudicici's Avatar
claudicici claudicici is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 2,806
...but it again shows this love/hate relationship he has for himself.
Claiming to sleep with his sister,stepmom and his dead aunt's corpse isn't exactly going to get him much sympathy.
Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to claudicici For This Useful Post:
  #109  
Old 07-21-2012, 11:36 AM
HastingsChi's Avatar
HastingsChi HastingsChi is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Chicago, IL USA
Posts: 1,464
Quote:
Originally Posted by claudicici View Post
...but it again shows this love/hate relationship he has for himself.
Claiming to sleep with his sister,stepmom and his dead aunt's corpse isn't exactly going to get him much sympathy.
Depends on who the audience was for his drivel; depending on his motive each time he shared his tall tales he could have garnered sympathy by playing the victim or, in certain circles of similar twisted taboo losers he could have used these tall tales to impress and titillate.


Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S 2
Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to HastingsChi For This Useful Post:
  #110  
Old 07-22-2012, 12:50 PM
Dane's Avatar
Dane Dane is offline
Søvnløs i Danmark.
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Europe
Posts: 30
Thumbs up a small tribute

... this now ranks as my all time favorite posting. Free chuckles included.
HastingsChi, you're a darling.
*muah*


Quote:
Originally Posted by HastingsChi View Post
ToBeHonest did you just coin the term "Luka Fan Culture"... Yuck, almost feel like I need to shower reading it but unfortunately it's a sad reality...

Reading all these articles about Magnotta's "obsessed female fans" is so bizarre-- and now my advice for Magnotta's female fans:

Ladies that fall into this niche category: if you want to be a fruit fly, queen bee, homo honey, flame dame or whatever you want to call it; the gay community welcomes you. But a word of advice, even if he wasn't charged with these horrors, you might want to choose a gay friend who doesn't spend 23 hours each day on the computer and actually does fun real world things. Now let's add the horrific crimes to the mix, you might want to consider he might be a touch crazy-- not that fun kinda crazy but the kinda crazy that doesn't end in good natured laughter. Now stop being silly geese yearning for the phone to ring and Magnotta singing a Lionel Richie song to you; it's never going to happen. Instead maybe volunteer at a soup kitchen, work for a charitable cause dear to your heart or anything other than making macaroni art Magnotta's and idolizing him the same way 10 year old girls do with Justin Bieber...
Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dane For This Useful Post:
  #111  
Old 08-18-2012, 02:16 PM
RiverRat's Avatar
RiverRat RiverRat is offline
Patsy Ramsey to the Left
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: SWFL
Posts: 2,933
Surreal!

What is the connection with Jon Mark Karr, the false confessor in the JonBenet Ramsey homicide?!

I just literally stumbled across all this, not the video nor do I ever want to. It was originally associated with the "alexisvaloranreich" account. When I googled that name, it comes up with John Mark Karr! Is it just THAT is who Magnotta adores???

https://encyclopediadramatica.se/Alexis_Valoran_Reich

Disgusting.
__________________
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to RiverRat For This Useful Post:
  #112  
Old 12-24-2012, 10:56 AM
Craig Craig is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 5
hi i am confused by this wondering if anyone on here has covered it before

this blog looks like typical of him, first entry talks about the icepick murder weeks before the victim was dead

http://andrea0yourkin0loschiavo.wordpress.com/

back in May 15th.

but then the person continues blogging about luka after Luka has been arrested, linking him to other murders

who is this person and how did they know?
Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Craig For This Useful Post:
  #113  
Old 12-28-2012, 02:04 PM
sillybilly's Avatar
sillybilly sillybilly is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: State of Confusion, Canada
Posts: 6,836
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig View Post
hi i am confused by this wondering if anyone on here has covered it before

this blog looks like typical of him, first entry talks about the icepick murder weeks before the victim was dead

http://andrea0yourkin0loschiavo.wordpress.com/

back in May 15th.

but then the person continues blogging about luka after Luka has been arrested, linking him to other murders

who is this person and how did they know?
I'm confused Craig ... i've been to the blog you linked to and don't see that any of the posts are dated. The archive only starts June 2012. Where are you seeing the May date discussion?
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to sillybilly For This Useful Post:
  #114  
Old 12-29-2012, 02:59 PM
Craig Craig is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 5


very strange, only the killer could have been hyping the video up before the murder even happened. We know this video wasn't really "floating around the deep web" on May 15th, Jun Lin was alive. So how has this person continued to post, linking Luka to other murders, long after Luka has been arrested? Any suggestions?
Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Craig For This Useful Post:
  #115  
Old 12-31-2012, 02:39 AM
GoBrewers GoBrewers is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 90
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig View Post


very strange, only the killer could have been hyping the video up before the murder even happened. We know this video wasn't really "floating around the deep web" on May 15th, Jun Lin was alive. So how has this person continued to post, linking Luka to other murders, long after Luka has been arrested? Any suggestions?
Could have been a different post on may 15th, then edited, but that is doubtful. Only plausible deal would be the girl who "knew" him, or one of the big fanatics on the web who defend him entirely, even with evidence provided. Wonder how they will figure this one out, honestly.
Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GoBrewers For This Useful Post:
  #116  
Old 01-01-2013, 11:01 AM
Silverlona Silverlona is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 41
The post dates can be manipulated.
__________________
I LOVE ON TOPIC POSTERS!
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Silverlona For This Useful Post:
  #117  
Old 01-02-2013, 07:28 AM
HastingsChi's Avatar
HastingsChi HastingsChi is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Chicago, IL USA
Posts: 1,464
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig View Post
hi i am confused by this wondering if anyone on here has covered it before

this blog looks like typical of him, first entry talks about the icepick murder weeks before the victim was dead

http://andrea0yourkin0loschiavo.wordpress.com/

back in May 15th.

but then the person continues blogging about luka after Luka has been arrested, linking him to other murders

who is this person and how did they know?
Craig, he was actually posting months before the murder about the alleged upcoming video with the salacious details of what the viewer might expect. If you review the numbered discussion threads we discussed this at length and went back and forth for days trying to figure out this and might the murder have been carried out before we originally believed. Our conclusion was that the murder date is accurate but Magnotta likely developed a detailed plan that would allow him to fulfill his most desired fantasy in a way that would allow him to be satisfied in every way beyond his wildest dreams. The sexual fantasy that resulted in an innocent man's murder is something that Magnotta likely had been fantasizing about for years and revising many times. Also some folks feel that the earlier postings might have been made at times that he thought he might have found a potential victim that never materialized.
Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to HastingsChi For This Useful Post:
  #118  
Old 01-04-2013, 10:58 AM
Craig Craig is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by HastingsChi View Post
Craig, he was actually posting months before the murder about the alleged upcoming video with the salacious details of what the viewer might expect. If you review the numbered discussion threads we discussed this at length and went back and forth for days trying to figure out this and might the murder have been carried out before we originally believed. Our conclusion was that the murder date is accurate but Magnotta likely developed a detailed plan that would allow him to fulfill his most desired fantasy in a way that would allow him to be satisfied in every way beyond his wildest dreams. The sexual fantasy that resulted in an innocent man's murder is something that Magnotta likely had been fantasizing about for years and revising many times. Also some folks feel that the earlier postings might have been made at times that he thought he might have found a potential victim that never materialized.

Yes I understand all of that and I'm aware of what he was posting leading up to the murder, but the person who appears to have posted it on May 15th on that blog, is still posting, and not locked up. (not Luka)
Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Craig For This Useful Post:
  #119  
Old 01-04-2013, 03:59 PM
HastingsChi's Avatar
HastingsChi HastingsChi is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Chicago, IL USA
Posts: 1,464
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig View Post
Yes I understand all of that and I'm aware of what he was posting leading up to the murder, but the person who appears to have posted it on May 15th on that blog, is still posting, and not locked up. (not Luka)
Going off of my memory from our original threads, I recall that magnotta had posted the details of the snuff film murder and subsequent cannibalistic actions (which had not yet occurred) on numerous blogs he managed, message boards/forums and other odd locations throughout the web. I remember these posts on various message boards/forums generating fluid discussion. With that in mind I'd note the countless trolls pretending to be Magnotta and endlessly posting misinformation from the time that the video was posted on that Not the Best Al Gore site and continuing until after his arrest. Which leads me to this conclusion: one of these trolls saw the viral-potential in copying and pasting Magnotta's initial pre-crime details, then when the crime was discovered and Magnotta was THE global news story, that troll just continued his or her postings to this day because his or her life is so fulfilling, he or she needs to pretend to be someone else-- this person is no different than a 300 pound, 50 year old man pretending to be a sexy 18 year old girl in a Prodigy chat room in the mid-90's...
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to HastingsChi For This Useful Post:
  #120  
Old 01-07-2013, 08:33 AM
GoBrewers GoBrewers is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 90
Quote:
Originally Posted by HastingsChi View Post
Going off of my memory from our original threads, I recall that magnotta had posted the details of the snuff film murder and subsequent cannibalistic actions (which had not yet occurred) on numerous blogs he managed, message boards/forums and other odd locations throughout the web. I remember these posts on various message boards/forums generating fluid discussion. With that in mind I'd note the countless trolls pretending to be Magnotta and endlessly posting misinformation from the time that the video was posted on that Not the Best Al Gore site and continuing until after his arrest. Which leads me to this conclusion: one of these trolls saw the viral-potential in copying and pasting Magnotta's initial pre-crime details, then when the crime was discovered and Magnotta was THE global news story, that troll just continued his or her postings to this day because his or her life is so fulfilling, he or she needs to pretend to be someone else-- this person is no different than a 300 pound, 50 year old man pretending to be a sexy 18 year old girl in a Prodigy chat room in the mid-90's...
Honestly that is only one of a million options, and IMO far from likely. This person at least is intelligent enough to do the background researching and posting on it to just be trolling for attention, as it appears the site isnt getting much as is. JMO, it's someone into the scene that he is in, who probably views it as artistic, or feels LM was setup, when really it was his only way to claim fame.

Prodigy chat room, haha i was one of the teens in there laughing in the 90s while random pedos and creeps would come on to get insulted. Good times.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to GoBrewers For This Useful Post:
  #121  
Old 01-07-2013, 01:00 PM
HastingsChi's Avatar
HastingsChi HastingsChi is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Chicago, IL USA
Posts: 1,464
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoBrewers View Post
Honestly that is only one of a million options, and IMO far from likely. This person at least is intelligent enough to do the background researching and posting on it to just be trolling for attention, as it appears the site isnt getting much as is. JMO, it's someone into the scene that he is in, who probably views it as artistic, or feels LM was setup, when really it was his only way to claim fame.

Prodigy chat room, haha i was one of the teens in there laughing in the 90s while random pedos and creeps would come on to get insulted. Good times.
Yeah as a child of the 90s those chat rooms were not fun- in those days before digital pics or web cams it was so easy to be fooled; I actually had a creepy old, fat phone stalker to deal with for years because of my ignorance (he apparently wasn't the same age as me).

As far as the other part of your reply: I'm close to Magnotta's age, gay, have dated guys with Magnotta-like similarities (minus the killing and cannibalism) and have followed the case close enough from the start that if I had the time, desire and no social life/real world life I think I could easily create a online persona that people would swear was being written by Magnotta.

If you've dated a pathological liar who is convinced his fabricated life details are true then it's quite easy to get inside Magnotta's mind.
Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to HastingsChi For This Useful Post:
  #122  
Old 07-17-2013, 06:46 PM
ElleElle's Avatar
ElleElle ElleElle is offline
Hive mind.
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 5,037
Why is the site taken down? "Corrupting morals"?
Ha! Sure, our society is already corrupt.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to ElleElle For This Useful Post:
  #123  
Old 07-17-2013, 06:50 PM
Mrs G Norris's Avatar
Mrs G Norris Mrs G Norris is offline
Cached
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Straya!
Posts: 9,402
Hi Elle let's hang out here until the trial, this is such and interesting case!
__________________
Put down the pitchfork and back away from the monitor ..
Reply With Quote
  #124  
Old 07-17-2013, 07:28 PM
matou's Avatar
matou matou is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Toronto
Posts: 12,409
I might get flack for this but I don't think he should be charged for posting the video on Bestgore. From what I remember he wasn't sure that the video was real and the first comments were asking the same thing. LM was outed on there. Many WSers watched the video, including myself (up until I saw the icepick). We sleuthed info from the video, as did the animal activists. I mean no disrespect for Lin Jun. I watched to see if he was alive at the beginning of the video and found out he was. I was horrified. My morals are not corrupted. People knowingly post child porn every second on this planet. I believe those people should be flown permanently to Mars.
Sorry if I've offended anyone. JMO
Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to matou For This Useful Post:
  #125  
Old 07-19-2013, 11:19 AM
Morbida's Avatar
Morbida Morbida is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: USA
Posts: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by matou View Post
I might get flack for this but I don't think he should be charged for posting the video on Bestgore. From what I remember he wasn't sure that the video was real and the first comments were asking the same thing. LM was outed on there. Many WSers watched the video, including myself (up until I saw the icepick). We sleuthed info from the video, as did the animal activists. I mean no disrespect for Lin Jun. I watched to see if he was alive at the beginning of the video and found out he was. I was horrified. My morals are not corrupted. People knowingly post child porn every second on this planet. I believe those people should be flown permanently to Mars.
Sorry if I've offended anyone. JMO
Agreed. Was just about to post the same thing.

There's also a double standard here. There are tons of these gore sites, many of which are still hosting the video. This one may have been the first to upload it, but it was taken down not long after the news broke over a year ago. So, why is it being singled out? Unless there's more to this than what's been reported.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Morbida For This Useful Post:
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Online Predators Dex A CALL TO ACTION! Calif. DMH Illegally Releases 17,000 Sex Offenders 28 06-28-2006 07:50 PM
Online Banking Casshew Up to the Minute 6 11-02-2005 11:45 PM


© Copyright Websleuths 1999-2012 New To Site? Need Help?
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:07 AM.

Advertisements

Pre-Order Imperfect Justice: Prosecuting Casey Anthony today!