Websleuths
Go Back   Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community > Crimes and Trials > Cold Cases

Notices

Cold Cases Discuss all cold cases here and sleuth out some new information!

Old 06-13-2012, 08:48 PM

Bald Head Island

I would like Davina's friends to know that I finally got a badge from BHI. It was not hers, it took over two years, and an active policeman from another state put pressure on to get it. But it is with me. Since they didn't even send a flower to her funeral, I feel like I have some kind of acknowledgement from them that she did in fact work there. Come to find out, the police chief was going to send a broken one, but the town manager sent it back for a decent one.

Some Bald Head Island citizens were incensed when the book first came out and we had our share of discussions online through WWAYTV3. Finally they came to realize that if people like those Hispanics were on their island at night, perhaps there was something to what the book was trying to get across. A few of them even tried to leave flowers for her, too, but they had no better luck than we do. Last year in October, some of us met at the pier on Oak Island where Dee and Grandpa used to fish. It was cold, dark, windy. But we each had a yellow rose, each of us said something and then through our roses into the ocean toward BHI. We talked a few minutes among ourselves, and as we turned to leave, I looked back and the roses were glowing in the light from the pier. The wind or whatever, had blown them into an outline of an angel. It wasn't just me. I called them all back and all of us saw it! Too bad we have to show our support of her in the dark, away from where she died.

As far as going to Bald Head Island, they have gone up on the ferry ticket so much, I don't know when I'll go back. I am the one in the family who needs, wants to go. The rest of the family hates it, but I tell them, she consecrated ground out there and they might think they own it, but they don't own that little spot where they left her like garbage for her to bleed out on the ground.
It is a very pretty place. One advertisement they had said, The island had a soul. I responded, if it has one, it's blood-stained. So if you've never been there and can afford it, please, do so. Just don't go around the lighthouse at night.
Old 06-16-2012, 01:26 AM

Elaine

This is one if not the worst case of a onduty Police man/and-or/ woman murder I read in my whole life.

There sure did not show no code of blue respect on this case. And that is a huge shame! , I hope this case will bother the heads of all police depts and everybody else that worked on this case until day they die..

The code of blue states if fellow officer is killed in line of duty all police officers no matter where they from should work together to find the killer as soon as possible.. This sure didn't work in this one case.. Make me wonder if I hear a police officer is shot or in bad auto accident if I should go again to the hospital and stand in line with the others for hours on end just incase the officer need more blood or anything else..All I am is a Vol. Fire Fighter. Not Police officer.

Bare with us, you now got some of the best investigators bar-none in USA on your side now what I seen from fellow board members...It's just will take some time and 1 lucky break to bring the whole rotten house of card's to come tumbling down..
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to wv171 For This Useful Post:
Old 06-16-2012, 01:02 PM

I hope so. Thank you!
Old 06-21-2012, 04:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wv171 View Post
Elaine

This is one if not the worst case of a onduty Police man/and-or/ woman murder I read in my whole life.

There sure did not show no code of blue respect on this case. And that is a huge shame! , I hope this case will bother the heads of all police depts and everybody else that worked on this case until day they die..

The code of blue states if fellow officer is killed in line of duty all police officers no matter where they from should work together to find the killer as soon as possible.. This sure didn't work in this one case.. Make me wonder if I hear a police officer is shot or in bad auto accident if I should go again to the hospital and stand in line with the others for hours on end just incase the officer need more blood or anything else..All I am is a Vol. Fire Fighter. Not Police officer.

Bare with us, you now got some of the best investigators bar-none in USA on your side now what I seen from fellow board members...It's just will take some time and 1 lucky break to bring the whole rotten house of card's to come tumbling down..

I couldn't agree more. Somehow this case was intended to be swept under the rug by those responsible. Guess what? Ain't GONNA HAPPEN! They didn't realize who they were messing with when they took down Davina. I have no doubt that she will see justice here, although she will be looking on from another perspective. Time does NOT heal ALL wounds.
Totally behind the family, here. I don't know any of those involved, but they have a friend in laces.
Old 06-25-2012, 09:52 AM

The latest on June 25, Forbes

Analysis Of 13-Year Mysterious Death Of Cape Fear Police Woman
http://www.forbes.com/sites/crime/20...-police-woman/
Old 06-25-2012, 05:02 PM

Thanks, that is great that FORBES picked up the story! I reposted on my facebook page. I also notified FORBES that they made some syntax errors in referring to GRASTY, sometimes using "he" instead of "she". I wish you every success in bringing this to light. I have great faith in this being solved.
Old 06-25-2012, 06:19 PM

Forbes

Thanks, Laces. I hope so, too. :woohoo
Old 07-02-2012, 12:35 PM
Anxiously Awaiting a WINNING NFL Season!

Just thinking of Davina this morning and wanted to bump.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Janet Christiansen, Kaiden, and Family, justice WILL prevail!

JUSTICE FOR AMBER!

~*Cancel my subscription, I'm THROUGH with your issues*~
The Following User Says Thank You to Angels_Not_Forgotten For This Useful Post:
Old 07-21-2012, 12:02 AM

Appears a DA Jon David is looking into this case atleast.. News item came out about a year ago..Appear to myself how I read it they giving Mr. David a hard way to go too. There a number you can call if you have any new infromation but when it come to adding links on here I don't know the rules that good..

I believe I hit the nail square on the head with the hammer few post back ..

COVER-UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

One thing DA David could investigate is where in the world did some of these Law Enforcement personal get there training at ??

Barney Fife school of Law Enforcement @ Mayberry N.C. Barney had to make a living after TV show shut down.
The Following User Says Thank You to wv171 For This Useful Post:
Old 07-21-2012, 11:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by laces View Post
Thanks, that is great that FORBES picked up the story! I reposted on my facebook page. I also notified FORBES that they made some syntax errors in referring to GRASTY, sometimes using "he" instead of "she". I wish you every success in bringing this to light. I have great faith in this being solved.
laces, I posted it on my FB page too. That was a great article from Forbes. I have confidence in DA Jon David. He's not scared of the good ole boys. I especially like that he is not using BCSD or SBI in his investigation. That's a powerful message in itself.

I hope those responsible for the cover up are squirming right now.....wondering when the hammar could drop.

Davina and her family deserve justice. It's time!

moo

wm

Numbers,32:23
The Following User Says Thank You to waltzingmatilda For This Useful Post:
Old 07-21-2012, 07:28 PM

A phony paradise that sold its soul to drugs.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Swamp Fox Trot For This Useful Post:
Old 07-25-2012, 10:09 PM

I don't know if this subject been disscussed in other cases.

But what we really need is lot more new Media Reports on this case.. Keep this crime on TV/ Radio & Newspapers. Don't give these useless public good ole boy network's trying to hold on to power a chance to buried this CRIME.. Yes Ray Charles could see this was a CRIME..

I feel this is 1 of our most important cases. This I feel is a case we can win pretty easy I feel somebody knows what all happened and is out there just waiting to call in when they don't feel they all alone, only one who care's and/ or be left out in the cold if they report what they saw that night..

I don't want to get this tread too off track but maybe we can start a other thread just for help in getting people writing to crime's local newspapers in open opioion page..Get something like this working for all the cases.. Letter writing campains ..

Keep case's like this one right on there hot plate where Local's must handle it or get burned trying to hide it..

Help Mod's.. Please... Or I am nut's.. Got brain cancer or something.. Play too much Football too many head injuries..
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to wv171 For This Useful Post:
Old 12-25-2012, 11:18 PM
Custom User Title goes here

Quote:
Originally Posted by gracielee View Post
Thank you so much 'tilda! I don't know how to find the forensic astrology forum? I read the other link you provided, women in crime. Interesting to get some feedback from the orig. author of 'Out With Three'.

Does anyone have any idea who the 'high ranking official' with the 'white van', living on the island is?
BBM

Doing some reading tonight after a busy few days & I found this thread. Being in NC & always admiring BHI, this case has always fascinated me.

I just wanted to put the link to the Forensic Astrology chart cast by WS member LeoMoon80. I always find it fascinating reading the charts.

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - Forensic Astrology - CASE BRIEFINGS only - # 1
The Following User Says Thank You to AnonymousD For This Useful Post:
Old 03-21-2013, 11:12 PM

Has anything happened on this case? Its been nearly a year since it was "reopened".
Old 09-18-2013, 09:48 PM
Custom User Title goes here

Thinking of Davina tonight.