Websleuths
Go Back   Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community > Current Events > Bizarre and Off-Beat News

Notices

Bizarre and Off-Beat News Strange news stories!

Old 07-20-2012, 05:53 PM
Sometimes learning is finding out what we already know.

‘Real creepy’ Utah goat man could be victim of hunting season, police fear

July 20, 2012

snipped...SALT LAKE CITY — A man spotted dressed in a goat suit among a herd of wild goats in the mountains of northern Utah has wildlife officials worried he could be in danger as hunting season approaches.

Phil Douglass of the Utah Division of Wildlife Resources said Friday the person is doing nothing illegal, but he worries the so-called “goat man” is unaware of the dangers.

You have to read it all to believe it, and even then, I can't promise you will: http://news.nationalpost.com/2012/07...n-police-fear/

"It is through science that we prove, but through intuition that we discover." - Henri Poincare
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to tarabull For This Useful Post:
Old 07-20-2012, 06:18 PM

Kinda reminds me of Timothy whatshisname, the "Grizzly Man", who wanted to be "at one" with the grizzlies, who then killed and ate him (and his hapless girlfriend, Amy).

Shoot, if the goats don't care, and it's not illegal, then have at it...but still. What a strange thing to see if you're hiking around, enjoying nature, watching a herd of wild goats...and then this human comes crawling along behind him in a weird and "creepy" goat suit and mask.

Sigh. This world is a very strange place...

Best-
Herding Cats
Disclaimer: while I have graduated nursing school and hold a degree in nursing, I am not yet licensed due to circumstances outside of my control. Therefore, if I say anything which could possibly be considered medical advice, or if I explain anything related to anatomy, physiology, medicine, medication, or anything related to nursing, please be aware that I do not yet hold a nursing license. Please always, always talk to your personal doctor, and follow their directions as to medication, disease process, and procedures. Please also follow the TOS in regards to all unverified posters. Thank you!
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Herding Cats For This Useful Post:
Old 07-20-2012, 07:26 PM
Call Me Butter, I'm On A Roll

http://pixelbark.com/259

Whaaaaat?

I’ve gone to look for myself. If I should return before I get back, keep me here.
كلي
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to gogrannypop For This Useful Post:
Old 07-21-2012, 12:23 AM
Sometimes learning is finding out what we already know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gogrannypop View Post
OMG is that fo` real

"It is through science that we prove, but through intuition that we discover." - Henri Poincare
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to tarabull For This Useful Post:
Old 07-22-2012, 03:07 PM
Defying Gravity...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Herding Cats View Post
Kinda reminds me of Timothy whatshisname, the "Grizzly Man", who wanted to be "at one" with the grizzlies, who then killed and ate him (and his hapless girlfriend, Amy).

Shoot, if the goats don't care, and it's not illegal, then have at it...but still. What a strange thing to see if you're hiking around, enjoying nature, watching a herd of wild goats...and then this human comes crawling along behind him in a weird and "creepy" goat suit and mask.

Sigh. This world is a very strange place...

Best-
Herding Cats
Yeah... Tim Treadwell... his videos were on Netflix last year and I watched them. I'll never, ever forget the parts of the videos were he would talk about the possibility of getting eaten by the bears and being okay with that outcome, because it meant his body was serving a good cause: feeding the bears.

I don't think Goat Man has to worry about the goats eating him (attacking him is a worry, though), but I'm sure there are other wildlife out there that wouldn't mind taking a bite of him... especially if he dousing himself in goat pee or something like that to scent himself so he can hang out in a goat herd. Then there is the hunter aspect...

Yes... the world is a very strange place.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Elphaba For This Useful Post: