NCAA Sanctions: "DP" for Penn Football, or...?

Should the NCAA give Penn State the "death penalty"?

• Total voters
let me say this, 20 minutes before Penn Satate learns its penalties from the NCAA, I have been listening to national sports talk radio this weekend, and I tell you the disguisting manner in which the national sports media has reacted to the news that psu will receive "unprecedented penalties" makes clear how all this happened in the first place. the national sports media is inhabited by short sighted lemmings who apparently have difficulty thinking for themselves and are most comfortable repeating what a few others have said.

even at this late date, the national sports media doesnt understand the football program at penn state should be given these UNPRECEDENTED penalties. these people are showing how joepa wAS able to fool so many for so long. THEY were the people who kept repeating, over and over, year after year, what a moral, honorable, different kind of man Paterno was. And all the while, it wasnt true but it was their mantra and they ran with it, cause it was the easiest thing to do.

they were putty in paternos hands.

a shamed industry, imo.

I have said this before but I will say it once more.

Agreed. No evidence that PSU officials tried to cover up 1998 at the time.

However. If the 2001 incident had been made public, and it came out at that time that PSU officials knew about the 1998 incident but made no effort afterward, at the very least to prevent JS from bringing kids onto campus, or making sure he was chaperoned, or any other of numerous actions they could have taken knowing about 1998, then scandal would have erupted and recruiting gone down the drain.

NO KIDDING. It isnt what they did in 1998. Its what they didnt do. They had a warning and they ignored it. Because they were able to. They didnt exercise ther\ care a gardnerer does over his bean crop and they had been put on notice that there was a rabbit ion the garden. but they looked away and did nothing, said nothing. didnt even watch out.

just because a social worker says he doesn t undrestand something doesnt mean the entire administration has to avert their eyes as sandusky continued to molest boys in broad daylight.

they looked away. they averted their eyes. they failed those boys right then and there. in 1998.

and they did it because of KING FOOTBALL

All wins since '98 vacated. (This should mean that Grambling's Eddie Robinson should again be the winningest college football coach. Paterno had passed him.)

This is bad!!!! Just wow!!!

The current playeers will be allowed to transfer.

4-year bowl ban, loss of scholarships (from 25 to 15, next four years), 5 years' probation.

Vacating all wins since 1998 - who would have expected? Since the first incident...wow just wow.

Sports Illustrated ‏@SInow
The NCAA will impose an 'Integrity Monitor" on Penn State to report quarterly on the Board of Trustees for five years

The Associated Press ‏@AP
BREAKING: NCAA says #PennState perpetuated "football first" culture that must change.

1st impression listening to this was tears for the ripple sandusky has caused for so many people. Then anger that this kind of punishment even had to be brougt on. Right now to me this is fair & just. Though I do think this year of football should have been closed. It's sad how inconsequnetial the money figure really is. Ha 1 year revenue.

All wins since '98 vacated. (This should mean that Grambling's Eddie Robinson should again be the winningest college football coach. Paterno had passed him.)

Paterno family won't like this :what:

Probably either Robinson with an asterisk or Paterno with an asterisk. I'm happy about that.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cabinsleuth
Back