Websleuths
Go Back   Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community > Crimes and Trials > Trials > Gabriel Johnson

Notices

Gabriel Johnson 8 Months old MISSING!

Old 07-16-2012, 02:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChickenPants View Post

What I had in mind when I asked the question was Stones of Grace. It was referred to by name in the sentencing. The Judge indicated that he did not think Tammi was in any state of mind (sic) to be counseling others. However as far as I know that website is still up. And there seems to be no prohibition in the Order relating to this business. Theoretically then if Jack (or other people related to Tammi) decided to go forward with this venture, she, being married to him, could profit either directly or indirectly from SOG. I don't see anything in the order prohibiting her or even him from doing it. Just IMO.
IMO The Prosecutors asking the Judge to rule that Tammi Smith not be allowed to have contact with minor children, other than her own, may have been an attempt to stop Tammi Smith from operating a facility like Stones of Grace; without specifically naming this organization.

But, the Judge ruled:
"IT IS ORDERED denying the State's request that Defendant not be allowed to have contact with minor children."
The Following User Says Thank You to SAgal For This Useful Post:
Old 07-16-2012, 06:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAgal View Post
IMO The Prosecutors asking the Judge to rule that Tammi Smith not be allowed to have contact with minor children, other than her own, may have been an attempt to stop Tammi Smith from operating a facility like Stones of Grace; without specifically naming this organization.

But, the Judge ruled:
"IT IS ORDERED denying the State's request that Defendant not be allowed to have contact with minor children."
That makes sense. LOL I guess the women who could possibly be future mothers in need of help, or those already pregnant, are still fair game...lol....

Yes, I notice that the judge requested a brief explaining why state does not think Tammi should benefit financially from anything having to do with this case....and didn't state request she be prohibited from contact with ANY children? His decisions seem IMO to have leaned toward some kind of diplomacy or middle ground.

IMO he was too lenient and wishy-washy. The way I read it is that these issues are enforceable during her probationary period. Worst case scenario is she could behave herself and pass through that with enough loopholes open to continue having an interest in activities that should have been more forcefully denied her. IIRC, Stones of Grace at one time was (or still is) operating under Jack's name. Theoretically she could be a figurehead and be influential, and as I've mentioned, benefit by virtue or her relationship with Jack, without being personally in contact with people. I know that sounds kind of far out, but let's not forget she has characterized her activities as a Mission. The judge had the opportunity - and the power, to make some hard and fast rules: Shut it all down. You will never make one cent off of this case or anything having to do with mothers and babies, ever.

Last edited by ChickenPants; 07-16-2012 at 07:02 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to ChickenPants For This Useful Post:
Old 07-18-2012, 10:11 AM

Looks like Tammi has filed her appeal, and that either she's trying to dump her attorneys or they are trying to dump her.

7/17/2012

NAP - Notice Of Appeal - Party (002)

7/17/2012

NOTE:

7/17/2012

MFW - Motion For Withdraw of counsel - Party (002)

7/17/2012

NOTE:

7/16/2012

109 - ME: Sentence - Probation - Party (002)

7/16/2012
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to artsy1 For This Useful Post:
Old 07-18-2012, 10:24 AM

Personally, I think Tammi cut off her nose to spite her face. IF she were to win an appeal, I think she would be found guilty again in another trial AND would get the maximum sentence allowed!

Because now the prosecution has all those letters about Tammi's history in their hands, so they could come at her with both barrels blazing!
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to artsy1 For This Useful Post:
Old 07-18-2012, 05:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by artsy1 View Post
Personally, I think Tammi cut off her nose to spite her face. IF she were to win an appeal, I think she would be found guilty again in another trial AND would get the maximum sentence allowed!

Because now the prosecution has all those letters about Tammi's history in their hands, so they could come at her with both barrels blazing!
She certainly trashed Anne (her lead atty) enough and did it in writing to her disciples. I can't imagine how Anne got through the rest of the trial knowing what was going on behind her back. You've got to believe she's going to try to file based on ineffective counsel, and I hope she is turned down. After all, she stood outside the courtroom and told the world she was pleased with her team. At the very least, I hope no attorney will want to touch her, especially with the EJ trial coming up.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ChickenPants For This Useful Post:
Old 07-18-2012, 05:47 PM

wo wo wo wo wo... what letters?
Old 07-18-2012, 06:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by seattlechiquita View Post
wo wo wo wo wo... what letters?
All the letters that people had sent in to the prosecution & the judge that pointed out all the stuff that had been discovered about Tammi on the internet. Ms. Andrews brought up a few things that I know WSers had found, at sentencing. And I believe that some of those letters probably contained everything that has been posted on all the various websites about her.

So I imagine now Ms. Andrews knows about Tammi's prior forgery charges, as well as all the other stuff she's been up to. And now they know that this was NOT Tammi's first forgery charge....

Just saying....
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to artsy1 For This Useful Post:
Old 07-18-2012, 06:59 PM

Quote:

NOTE:

7/16/2012

109 - ME: Sentence - Probation - Party (002)

7/16/2012
What is "109 - ME: Sentence -Prrobation - Party (002)" ?
Thanks.
Old 07-18-2012, 07:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAgal View Post
What is "109 - ME: Sentence -Prrobation - Party (002)" ?
Thanks.

I'm not an attorney, but from Google searching, it appears to be the part of probation dealing with Community Service and Restitution.

Remember the judge wanted something from the prosecution side as far as restitution to Logan? I suspect that is what it is about.
Old 07-19-2012, 10:42 PM

Quote:
I'm not an attorney, but from Google searching, it appears to be the part of probation dealing with Community Service and Restitution.

Remember the judge wanted something from the prosecution side as far as restitution to Logan? I suspect that is what it is about.

Thank you for that! That would be some justice. Tammi forking over money
to Logan. I will love that!

Last edited by daisynae; 07-19-2012 at 10:54 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to daisynae For This Useful Post:
Old 07-20-2012, 01:07 PM

I found this news story on Tammi the day she went to jail. Jack is on toward the end
talking about a strong woman will live by the beat of thier own drummer.
click the arrow on the video.

http://www.abc15.com/dpp/news/region...zona-baby-case
The Following User Says Thank You to daisynae For This Useful Post:
Old 07-24-2012, 01:14 PM

7/18/2012

NOT - Notice - Party (002)

7/19/2012

NOTE: NOTIFICATION TO COURT REPORTER NOTICE OF APPEAL FILED
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to artsy1 For This Useful Post:
Old 07-25-2012, 01:39 PM

http://apps.supremecourt.az.gov/aacc/1ca/1camain.htm (Search by name or number under active criminal cases)

SMITH, TAMMIE PETERS

1 CA-CR 12-0443

STATE v. SMITH

Transcripts are due by 8/31. Anne Phillips is listed as Tammi's attorney. Kent Cattani will handle the appeal for the State.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to saba For This Useful Post:
Old 07-26-2012, 10:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by saba View Post
http://apps.supremecourt.az.gov/aacc/1ca/1camain.htm (Search by name or number under active criminal cases)

SMITH, TAMMIE PETERS

1 CA-CR 12-0443

STATE v. SMITH

Transcripts are due by 8/31. Anne Phillips is listed as Tammi's attorney. Kent Cattani will handle the appeal for the State.
I am not sure I understand this. In what capacity is Anne representing Tammi? If Kent is handling the appeal? Is the appeal based on ineffective counsel?
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ChickenPants For This Useful Post:
Old 07-28-2012, 04:00 PM

http://www.courtminutes.maricopa.gov...2/m5348116.pdf

7/20/2012 APPOINTMENT OF PUBLIC DEFENDER FOR APPEAL

The Court has received and reviewed Defense counselís Motion to Withdraw.
Good cause appearing,

IT IS ORDERED granting the Motion to Withdraw.

Notice of Appeal and Affidavit of Indigency having been filed by the Defendant,

IT IS ORDERED that a certified copy of the reporter's transcript of record on appeal be furnished at County expense.

IT IS FURTHER ORDERED appointing the Public Defender to represent the Defendant in said appeal.

IT IS FURTHER ORDERED directing the Public Defender to notify the Defendant to and directing Defendant hereafter to communicate with the Public Defender and not with the Court.

bbm

Is Tammi calling Judge K from jail?
Old 07-28-2012, 10:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by saba View Post
http://www.courtminutes.maricopa.gov...2/m5348116.pdf

7/20/2012 APPOINTMENT OF PUBLIC DEFENDER FOR APPEAL

The Court has received and reviewed Defense counselís Motion to Withdraw.
Good cause appearing,

IT IS ORDERED granting the Motion to Withdraw.

Notice of Appeal and Affidavit of Indigency having been filed by the Defendant,

IT IS ORDERED that a certified copy of the reporter's transcript of record on appeal be furnished at County expense.

IT IS FURTHER ORDERED appointing the Public Defender to represent the Defendant in said appeal.

IT IS FURTHER ORDERED directing the Public Defender to notify the Defendant to and directing Defendant hereafter to communicate with the Public Defender and not with the Court.

bbm

Is Tammi calling Judge K from jail?

Maybe writing him, since I noticed that the Clerk of the Court is now listed as Party (004) in the case, with an attorney to be determined!

Party Information

Party Name - Number

Relationship

Sex

Attorney

Judge

Case #

State Of Arizona - (1)

Plaintiff

N/A

County Attorney, Maricopa

Elizabeth Joanne Johnson - (2)

Defendant

F

Victor, Marc

Kreamer

CR2010-101760-001

Tammi Peters Smith - (3)

Defendant

F

To Be Determined

Kreamer

CR2010-101760-002

Clerk Of The Court - (4)

In The Matter Of

N/A

To Be Determined
The Following User Says Thank You to artsy1 For This Useful Post:
Old 07-29-2012, 05:11 PM

Quote:
Maybe writing him, since I noticed that the Clerk of the Court is now listed as Party (004) in the case, with an attorney to be determined!

Party Information

Party Name - Number

Relationship

Sex

Attorney

Judge

Case #

State Of Arizona - (1)

Plaintiff

N/A

County Attorney, Maricopa

Elizabeth Joanne Johnson - (2)

Defendant

F

Victor, Marc

Kreamer

CR2010-101760-001

Tammi Peters Smith - (3)

Defendant

F

To Be Determined

Kreamer

CR2010-101760-002

Clerk Of The Court - (4)

In The Matter Of

N/A

To Be Determined
Tammi just thinks she is higher than her att. she thinks she can write to the judge
just like Elizabeth did.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to daisynae For This Useful Post:
Old 07-29-2012, 06:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by daisynae View Post
Tammi just thinks she is higher than her att. she thinks she can write to the judge
just like Elizabeth did.

I wonder if she considered that if her appeal is denied, if she has been writing directly to the judge, that it might affect his decision on whether or not she has to go back to jail in January....
Old 07-31-2012, 06:07 PM

http://www.superiorcourt.maricopa.go...caseSearch.asp (CR2010-101760)

7/31/2012 Request - Party (002)

NOTE: STATEíS / FOR TERM OF PROBATION
Old 08-04-2012, 04:32 PM

Tammi is out of jail. Here is the link.
http://www.abc15.com/dpp/news/region...y-gabriel-case
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to daisynae For This Useful Post:
Old 08-04-2012, 11:04 PM
Cancer Sucks

Sheesh, that seems quick. Sigh. Hold on to your babies, Tammi is on the loose.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Shelby1 For This Useful Post:
Old 08-05-2012, 06:36 AM

Tammi Smith is out of jail. She spent 30 days behind bars for her role in the disappearance of Baby Gabriel Johnson.

Smith confirms to In Session that she was released from Estrella Jail in Phoenix today, as scheduled. She texted this message to In Session Field Producer Lena Jakobsson: "30 days alone w/God in a cell. It was totally Amazing!"

Smith was in protective custody due to the high-profile nature of her case, so she did not do work release during her incarceration. Her husband, Jack, visited three times a week.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ChickenPants For This Useful Post:
Old 08-05-2012, 06:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChickenPants View Post
Tammi Smith is out of jail. She spent 30 days behind bars for her role in the disappearance of Baby Gabriel Johnson.

Smith confirms to In Session that she was released from Estrella Jail in Phoenix today, as scheduled. She texted this message to In Session Field Producer Lena Jakobsson: "30 days alone w/God in a cell. It was totally Amazing!"

Smith was in protective custody due to the high-profile nature of her case, so she did not do work release during her incarceration. Her husband, Jack, visited three times a week.

First thing she does when getting out is to text media and tell them what an amazing experience she had. Is this the purpose of jail? Is the message that the more "high-profile" your crime is, the less punitive your sentence - for your own protection? What about the protection of others?

I thought the sentence was not punitive enough in the first place - and that work release would give TS too much freedom....but now I see that her "isolation" meant she did not have to endure the rigors of Tent City like some of the prisoners who are incarcerated for lesser crimes...and that her time in jail was, to her, like a visit to a monastery, complete with air conditioning, 3 meals a day and plenty of time to meditate. It seems unlikely to me that she will have "learned" anything, or that this is a "punishment" for the crimes for which she was convicted by a jury.

It doesn't make sense to me within the context of "conviction" or "justice".

MOO, rant over.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to ChickenPants For This Useful Post:
Old 08-05-2012, 06:47 AM

Who wants to place bets that when the EJ trial starts Tammi will be all over the media, like a commentator? I don't see any order by the court or terms of probation that will prohibit her from speaking out.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ChickenPants For This Useful Post:
Old 08-05-2012, 11:36 AM

http://www.azcentral.com/news/articl...-jail-brk.html

Baby Gabriel figure Tammi Smith out of jail
by D.S. Woodfill.

...The Maricopa County jail information hotline reported Smith was released from the Estrella jail just after 1 a.m. Saturday. A sheriff's official said she was released at such an odd hour as that was when she was scheduled to leave. A Facebook update from Smith's husband, Jack Smith, posted around 11 a.m. read:

"MY FAMILY IS COMPLETE AGAIN!!! At 1:45am I picked the worlds most beautiful "jail bird" up from the jail. She has lthe most amazing details of Gods love, mercy and favor to tell you about. Thanks for all the love and support from everyone. I don't think I could have made it without you!!!! Much love Jack Smith."...

...At her sentencing, Smith drew ire from the judge and Gabriel's family, who accused her of hiding behind her religious piety rather than apologizing for her role and demonstrating remorse.

She compared her suffering at the hands of the media to the suffering of Jesus Christ on the cross. Smith went so far as to invoke the words of Christ on the cross: "Forgive them, for they know not what they do."...

More at link...

I guess God has been talking to Tammi again.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to saba For This Useful Post: