Websleuths
Go Back   Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community > Missing!! > Located Forum Discussion > Nevaeh Buchanan

Notices

Nevaeh Buchanan Nevaeh Buchanan, Body Found

Old 07-11-2012, 03:02 AM
WS Moderator

Thinking of Nevaeh.

STILL DOING IT FOR DYLAN GROENE. REST IN PEACE:
http://www.amw.com/missing_children/brief.cfm?id=32037

HELP FIND MISSING 7-YEAR-OLD PATRICK ALFORD: http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=107247
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to SheWhoMustNotBeNamed For This Useful Post:
Old 07-30-2012, 08:06 PM

Oh little angel, still no progress. Thinking of you.

“If you judge people, you have no time to love them.” ~Mother Teresa of Calcutta

"Waste no more time arguing about what a good man should be. Be one." ~ Marcus Aurelius
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Flossie JMO For This Useful Post:
Old 09-24-2012, 07:22 PM

Thinking of little Nevaeh and her family.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to melodyl For This Useful Post:
Old 10-23-2012, 09:25 PM

Saw a little girl over the weekend at an amusement park. Her grandmother called to her "Nevaeh" and I asked if it was spelled "heaven" backwards. It was, and I thought of our Neveah. I pray for justice in the case of this poor little girl who is gone too soon.
Somebody knows something......please do the right thing.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to distracted 1976 For This Useful Post:
Old 03-12-2013, 08:07 PM
WS Super Moderator

It's been almost a year since LE made this statement.

Quote:
Monroe County Sheriff Tilman Crutchfield said investigators are closer to arresting the person they believe is responsible for kidnapping and murder of Neveah Buchanan...
http://www.monroenews.com/news/2012/...evaeh-killing/

We're still waiting, Sheriff Crutchfield, and praying that this pans out.

I don't even know to this day what I meant by what I said.
Casey Anthony, bankruptcy/Zenaida Gonzalez deposition, 01/23/2014
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to bessie For This Useful Post:
Old 03-17-2013, 04:26 PM
Defective Detective

We are still waiting, but Crutchfield has retired. I wonder if there is any fire left under them now.

Case Archive for Nevaeh Buchanan:
http://s296.photobucket.com/albums/m...nan%20%20-MI-/

"LIKE" CCA: Crankycrankerson Case Archives on facebook, and please share the link: https://www.facebook.com/pages/CCA-C...479258?sk=wall
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to AmandaReckonwith For This Useful Post:
Old 03-17-2013, 04:34 PM
Defective Detective

To follow up, here is something from Crutchfield (from Monroe News)... they KNOW who did it. They just cannot prove it yet.

The man who doesn’t smoke, drink or swear certainly gets angry, but he doesn’t lose his temper. Because, he says, when you lose your temper, you lose control. And he insists on control.
“When you get excited, you make mistakes,” Sheriff Crutchfield said. “You just have to focus.”
That focus has been on public display often during his tenure and might be misconstrued by some as uncaring. But, in addition to his family, he cares deeply about the community where he was born and raised. And when something horrific occurs, such as the Nevaeh Buchanan murder, it bothers him. In 2009, the 5-year-old girl was kidnapped, murdered and buried in a shallow grave. The sheriff came across in public as stoic, but he was troubled.
“It was very personal,” he said. “She was a child of our community. Certainly it was tragic.”
Sheriff Crutchfield maintains that he is confident he knows who the killer is and was hoping an arrest would be made before he left office. However, he said investigators still are developing information.
“We know who the perpetrator is,” Sheriff Crutchfield said. “I thought we could have resolved this before the end of the year.”
The sheriff insists if an arrest is made, it would not be to end his career with a bang. He said that the case has taken so long to resolve because he wants to make certain that a conviction follows the arrest.
We never quit,” he said.
http://www.monroenews.com/news/2012/...-sheriffs-hat/

"LIKE" CCA: Crankycrankerson Case Archives on facebook, and please share the link: https://www.facebook.com/pages/CCA-C...479258?sk=wall
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to AmandaReckonwith For This Useful Post:
Old 04-28-2013, 05:44 PM

That must be torture to KNOW who did it and still not have enough hard evidence to charge them.

Prayers to the LE and I hope you find the answers you're looking for so justice can be served. RIP Nevaeh.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to sfbaynancydrew For This Useful Post:
Old 04-28-2013, 05:51 PM

I wonder if publishing that they know who did it is strategic.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to sfbaynancydrew For This Useful Post:
Old 05-09-2013, 03:39 AM
WS Super Moderator

Later this month will mark four years since Neveah was kidnapped and murderd. It was one year ago that Sheriff Crutchfield said they were closing in on the suspect. So we wait...

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bessie For This Useful Post:
Old 05-09-2013, 03:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bessie View Post
Later this month will mark four years since Neveah was kidnapped and murderd. It was one year ago that Sheriff Crutchfield said they were closing in on the suspect. So we wait...
Well, I HOPE that whoever it is sits in jail for something else. Who's to say they won't hurt another child otherwise.
The Following User Says Thank You to Donjeta For This Useful Post:
Old 05-09-2013, 03:52 AM
WS Super Moderator

Maybe he is, Donjeta.

http://mdocweb.state.mi.us/otis2/oti...cNumber=396618

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to bessie For This Useful Post:
Old 05-09-2013, 01:48 PM

Hopefully sooner then later.
Old 05-16-2013, 04:14 AM
Where is Haleigh?

Still waiting to see justice for Nevaeh. We haven't forgotten you, little one!
Old 05-24-2013, 01:36 AM

Monroe marks 4 years since disappearance of Nevaeh, 5

Friday, May 24, 2013

BY MARK REITER
BLADE STAFF WRITER

The Blade - Toledo, OH

MONROE — It was four years ago today that 5-year-old Nevaeh Buchanan was snatched during broad daylight outside her home at the Charlotte Arms apartments.

She was last seen alive in the parking lot, riding a scooter and playing with friends in the complex’s parking lot on a Sunday evening.

Quarries, woods, and ditches were combed in an exhaustive search. Ten days later, the rambunctious, dark-eyed little girl who loved motorcycles and SpongeBob SquarePants was found buried in a shallow grave along the River Raisin.

Read more:

http://www.toledoblade.com/Police-Fi...-Nevaeh-5.html
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Ann-Tx For This Useful Post:
Old 05-24-2013, 03:25 PM
"Fasten your seatbelts. It's going to be a bumpy night."

Tips Dwindle

Investigators: Number of tips dwindles in 2009 kidnapping, slaying a 5-year-old Michigan girl

Nevaeh Buchanan disappeared May 24, 2012, found dead days later

Published On: May 24 2013 01:51:06 PM EDT

http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/i...z/-/index.html
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to BetteDavisEyes For This Useful Post:
Old 05-24-2013, 03:45 PM
WS Super Moderator

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to bessie For This Useful Post:
Old 05-26-2013, 04:10 PM
Verified insider - Elaina Steinfurth case

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmandaReckonwith View Post
To follow up, here is something from Crutchfield (from Monroe News)... they KNOW who did it. They just cannot prove it yet.

The man who doesn’t smoke, drink or swear certainly gets angry, but he doesn’t lose his temper. Because, he says, when you lose your temper, you lose control. And he insists on control.
“When you get excited, you make mistakes,” Sheriff Crutchfield said. “You just have to focus.”
That focus has been on public display often during his tenure and might be misconstrued by some as uncaring. But, in addition to his family, he cares deeply about the community where he was born and raised. And when something horrific occurs, such as the Nevaeh Buchanan murder, it bothers him. In 2009, the 5-year-old girl was kidnapped, murdered and buried in a shallow grave. The sheriff came across in public as stoic, but he was troubled.
“It was very personal,” he said. “She was a child of our community. Certainly it was tragic.”
Sheriff Crutchfield maintains that he is confident he knows who the killer is and was hoping an arrest would be made before he left office. However, he said investigators still are developing information.
“We know who the perpetrator is,” Sheriff Crutchfield said. “I thought we could have resolved this before the end of the year.”
The sheriff insists if an arrest is made, it would not be to end his career with a bang. He said that the case has taken so long to resolve because he wants to make certain that a conviction follows the arrest.
We never quit,” he said.
http://www.monroenews.com/news/2012/...-sheriffs-hat/
Who is at risk if this person is revealed? How much evidence do they need?

Wonder if this is connected in anyway to the narcotic officer Luke Davis' trial that is going on? Who is at risk if they convict him on his 24 charges instead of 1? Seems everyone is getting off the hook on that pretty easily. Must be some pretty high up people at risk.
Old 12-22-2013, 10:55 PM

It's been a LONG time since I've posted here on WS. But that certainly doesn't mean we've given up on Nevaeh! We just finished hosting our Fifth Annual Justice for Nevaeh Christmas Party! We had a blast. Over 170 kids attended along with their families and friends. We provided a free hot meal for everyone (turkey, ham, mostaciolli, salad, breadsticks, mashed potatoes, corn, green beans, desserts!), free games, prizes, caroling, Santa! We also proudly offered Nevaeh's Secret Santa Shop- a place where financially challenged families can "shop" for free Christmas Presents for their kids. Our goal is to make sure every child has a few presents under the tree on Christmas morning.

We still sponsor 4-5 parties each year. Each party has a safety message for kids. This time we were joined by the Law Enforcement Education Program who provided free Child Identification kits for all kids in attendance. It's a fantastic program. You can read about it here: http://www.leepusa.com/kids-fingerprinting-program/

Monroe News did a nice story on our Christmas Party. If you're interested, you can read about it here: http://www.monroenews.com/news/2013/...ristmas-party/

As I said long ago, we will never give up on Nevaeh. It's going on 5 years, and we are still going strong-- and growing stronger and stronger, and bigger and bigger, every year.

God Bless all of you, and Merry Christmas!
Old 04-16-2014, 03:37 PM
Verified insider - Julia Niswender case

Thinking of Neveah as the anniversary draws near....