Websleuths
Go Back   Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community > Crimes and Trials > Trials > Victoria Stafford

Notices

Victoria Stafford discuss all aspects of this case!


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1151  
Old 08-03-2012, 08:41 PM
crazyladi's Avatar
crazyladi crazyladi is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Somewhere over the rainbow
Posts: 1,300
Quote:
Originally Posted by swedie View Post
These words right out of this POS monster's mouth makes him guilty in the death of Tori Stafford. Notwithstanding though, I do believe that I am a very definite part of why Victoria is not here today. He's so stupid in his appeal he chooses to lay fault on the judge instead of fighting one of the three charges. For this he will lose. Sadly this appeal will not bring an end to this case nor will it bring Tori back. I am not sure of the legal process and what MR's rights are if his appeal is denied, but sadly I don't think we've heard the last from him. I believe he can use what is termed collateral attack, reversal of judgement. I don't think he will go away quietly. Does anyone know what other options he has if his appeal is denied?

I've wondered many a times if TM ever did pay him a visit. And if so, what did he have to say?

To Tara McDonald, for the past three years I've had so much to say on my behalf.

http://www.torontosun.com/2012/05/15...t-to-the-court
I don't think they would allow themtotalk to each other
__________________
May you rest in peace.....Tori Stafford

Missing but never forgotten Nicole Louise Morin last seen July 30th 1985

http://websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=32372
Reply With Quote
  #1152  
Old 08-03-2012, 11:49 PM
Bravo's Avatar
Bravo Bravo is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 6,644
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyladi View Post
hahahhaha.. Man i have a big mouth I think I would have said something LOL
LOL Well i did blurt out "What the he77 is wrong with her" I just assumed she would say that her Son had done something horrible but that he was still her son etc. etc. I was shocked. Shocked i tell ya. Not sure why in this day and age. I guess it's beyond surreal when one actually sees/hears up close and personal stuff we read here. That was my experience anyway.
__________________
All posts are my opinion only unless supported by a link
Keep calm and carry on
Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Bravo For This Useful Post:
  #1153  
Old 08-04-2012, 12:03 AM
Bravo's Avatar
Bravo Bravo is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 6,644
MOO but thinking back to his interrogation/questioning videos he came off as wimpy to me. There was no sign of a tough street guy persona. I relished that with the conviction knowing where he was going. I picture him in a corner of his cell curled up in a ball frantically trying to write something,anything to get him out of that he77 hole. The stench,the screams,the howls 24/7
__________________
All posts are my opinion only unless supported by a link
Keep calm and carry on
Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Bravo For This Useful Post:
  #1154  
Old 08-04-2012, 02:00 AM
swedie's Avatar
swedie swedie is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 3,052
Thank you Jayfriend for that video. It was very informative and it enlightened my heart to know POS monster's chances for a successful appeal is slim to none.

Hellokitty thank you for the legal information regarding the process. Very good to know in this case.

Kamille I had the same thought as you regarding the question the juror posed to the judge being his reason for appeal. IIRC didn't the judge get somewhat irritated by one of the questions posed by the jury? Maybe because they were unclear in their questioning to the judge?

IMHO I don't see MR being smart enough to have come up with a reason to base an appeal on. I highly assume it was his mother (or those who may support her) who came up with that reason. Oh course MR would be the one who would have to file it, but it doesn't mean he used his brain to come up with a reason for one. He probably missed the deadline because he is limited to calls and used up all his calls to call mommy and cry. Yes he definitely comes off as a wimpy whiner.

Crazylady who do you mean by "they" when you say I don't think they would allow themtotalk to each other. I cannot see the reasoning behind this as long as both parties are open/willing to talk. As far as I know, anyone who would be interested enough to chat with MR , is free to do so as long as he is willing to see them during allocated visiting privileges ect. kwim.

Bravo personally and all just my opinion of course, I was and still am disgusted by what MR's mother had to say to the media. First off she should have had the decency to acknowledge Tori's family and share her condolences. For three years she had time to prepare a speech, she knew her five minutes of fame would come to speak to the media. Bottom line is, she didn't have to speak period. All she manage to do was p!ss people off with the A typical response of a naive mother who was willing to stick up for her psychotic, pedophile, murdering, POS son and point the finger at his accomplice. "TLM has ruined our lives". Pfffttt what about your son who has ruined Tori's life and her family's lives?! Don't take anyone elses' suffering into account; it's all about.... enough said.

I will forever wonder how some people can live with themselves.

Sillybilly as peeved off about all of this; waste of time and money, I'm right beside you roflmao, move over. Hopefully his appeal will go nowhere and he cannot get legal aid support. He should have to earn the money while incarcerated to pay his own expenses now. Just my wishful thinking of course.

I'm not worried about his appeal. I actually find it quite amusing to know he hates his life now and is desperate enough to file such a ridiculous appeal. As I said previously, desperate people do desperate things. Grasping at straws...poor Mikey. All JMHO.

BTW this video speaks of MR wanting to give TM the "missing pieces of the puzzle" and her response to reporters. I've never seen this video from May after MR's sentencing.

http://www.cbc.ca/player/Shows/Shows...146361/?page=4
__________________
RIP Tim. Justice will prevail


Victoria is the Latin word for 'victory' or 'conquer'. And conquer she did! RIP sweet Tori.

May 15/12, Michael Rafferty guilty; abduction, sexual assault causing bodily harm and murder, first degree. 25 years with no chance of parole. R.I.H. P.O.S.
Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to swedie For This Useful Post:
  #1155  
Old 08-04-2012, 02:28 AM
robynhood's Avatar
robynhood robynhood is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: ontario
Posts: 930
wow ...just reading apppeal ...and just read the response to the Tori law from our gov;t...very hard to understand...IMO full of political gov't jargon...I hope someone posts ithere as it is late at night when i found the response ...posted ..and i am deeply saddened about this all...Please help post gov't response here fellow websleuthers...exhausted ..again deeply upset ...as you read our gov;t response to the Tori law you will understand..I am not going to get into a discussuon...very deeply sadden again...robynhood.
__________________
Five years from now, when people think of Victoria Stafford they are going to think of the little girl that changed Canadian Laws and made it a safer nation for all children.
*
Rodney Stafford; Victoria's Dad

**RIP Tim Bosma...
Justice Shall Prevail
Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to robynhood For This Useful Post:
  #1156  
Old 08-04-2012, 09:17 AM
~n/t~'s Avatar
~n/t~ ~n/t~ is online now
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 17,126
Huge waste! More Canadian money wasted on this POS.
Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to ~n/t~ For This Useful Post:
  #1157  
Old 08-04-2012, 09:19 AM
~n/t~'s Avatar
~n/t~ ~n/t~ is online now
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 17,126
Letter from The Honourable Rob Nicholson

https://www.facebook.com/#!/notes/vi...84692604892181


BS!
Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to ~n/t~ For This Useful Post:
  #1158  
Old 08-04-2012, 01:34 PM
crazyladi's Avatar
crazyladi crazyladi is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Somewhere over the rainbow
Posts: 1,300
Quote:
Originally Posted by swedie View Post
Thank you Jayfriend for that video. It was very informative and it enlightened my heart to know POS monster's chances for a successful appeal is slim to none.

Hellokitty thank you for the legal information regarding the process. Very good to know in this case.

Kamille I had the same thought as you regarding the question the juror posed to the judge being his reason for appeal. IIRC didn't the judge get somewhat irritated by one of the questions posed by the jury? Maybe because they were unclear in their questioning to the judge?

IMHO I don't see MR being smart enough to have come up with a reason to base an appeal on. I highly assume it was his mother (or those who may support her) who came up with that reason. Oh course MR would be the one who would have to file it, but it doesn't mean he used his brain to come up with a reason for one. He probably missed the deadline because he is limited to calls and used up all his calls to call mommy and cry. Yes he definitely comes off as a wimpy whiner.

Crazylady who do you mean by "they" when you say I don't think they would allow themtotalk to each other. I cannot see the reasoning behind this as long as both parties are open/willing to talk. As far as I know, anyone who would be interested enough to chat with MR , is free to do so as long as he is willing to see them during allocated visiting privileges ect. kwim.

Bravo personally and all just my opinion of course, I was and still am disgusted by what MR's mother had to say to the media. First off she should have had the decency to acknowledge Tori's family and share her condolences. For three years she had time to prepare a speech, she knew her five minutes of fame would come to speak to the media. Bottom line is, she didn't have to speak period. All she manage to do was p!ss people off with the A typical response of a naive mother who was willing to stick up for her psychotic, pedophile, murdering, POS son and point the finger at his accomplice. "TLM has ruined our lives". Pfffttt what about your son who has ruined Tori's life and her family's lives?! Don't take anyone elses' suffering into account; it's all about.... enough said.

I will forever wonder how some people can live with themselves.

Sillybilly as peeved off about all of this; waste of time and money, I'm right beside you roflmao, move over. Hopefully his appeal will go nowhere and he cannot get legal aid support. He should have to earn the money while incarcerated to pay his own expenses now. Just my wishful thinking of course.

I'm not worried about his appeal. I actually find it quite amusing to know he hates his life now and is desperate enough to file such a ridiculous appeal. As I said previously, desperate people do desperate things. Grasping at straws...poor Mikey. All JMHO.

BTW this video speaks of MR wanting to give TM the "missing pieces of the puzzle" and her response to reporters. I've never seen this video from May after MR's sentencing.

http://www.cbc.ca/player/Shows/Shows...146361/?page=4
Sorry someone mentioned Tlm talking to mr and I was just responding saying that I didn't think that we're allowed to speak to each other. I am not sure how they could. Mail??? Anyways sorry for the confusing post
__________________
May you rest in peace.....Tori Stafford

Missing but never forgotten Nicole Louise Morin last seen July 30th 1985

http://websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=32372
Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to crazyladi For This Useful Post:
  #1159  
Old 08-04-2012, 03:35 PM
robynhood's Avatar
robynhood robynhood is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: ontario
Posts: 930
thanks N/t

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~n/t~ View Post
Letter from The Honourable Rob Nicholson

https://www.facebook.com/#!/notes/vi...84692604892181


BS!
that is eaxactly what I read late last night on fb...and was so upset when i posted here...read that letter from...Honourable Rob Nicholson in response to the tori Law petition....Rodney must be so ANGRY!..robynhood
__________________
Five years from now, when people think of Victoria Stafford they are going to think of the little girl that changed Canadian Laws and made it a safer nation for all children.
*
Rodney Stafford; Victoria's Dad

**RIP Tim Bosma...
Justice Shall Prevail
Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to robynhood For This Useful Post:
  #1160  
Old 08-04-2012, 10:32 PM
Hello_Kitty's Avatar
Hello_Kitty Hello_Kitty is offline
Meow Meow Meow Meow.
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 1,235
I believe that MR will have a difficult time getting his appeal approved, however, if it comes to that, I'm sure there is a way through social media and by spreading the word what this POS is all about. There is no way that no one in Ontario by now that should not be aware of all the stuff that came out after his trial and what he and TLM did to Tori. Personally, I will be using my Facebook account and Twitter account to spread the word. It's a good start and I will feel like I have made a difference I hope. This POS SOB should not be let out to hurt other children.... ever.
__________________
Though I fall, I fall like a star, streaming splendour through the sky.
Justice has not failed Victoria... Rest in peace Angel.

Princess on Earth, Angel in Heaven


“If two points are destined to touch, the universe will always find a way to make the connection. Even when all hope seems lost, certain ties cannot be broken. They define who we are — and who we can become. Across space, across time, even across paths we cannot predict.” -Touch
Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Hello_Kitty For This Useful Post:
  #1161  
Old 08-04-2012, 10:57 PM
BorgQueen's Avatar
BorgQueen BorgQueen is offline
Eradicated User
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 595
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hello_Kitty View Post
I believe that MR will have a difficult time getting his appeal approved, however, if it comes to that, I'm sure there is a way through social media and by spreading the word what this POS is all about. There is no way that no one in Ontario by now that should not be aware of all the stuff that came out after his trial and what he and TLM did to Tori. Personally, I will be using my Facebook account and Twitter account to spread the word. It's a good start and I will feel like I have made a difference I hope. This POS SOB should not be let out to hurt other children.... ever.
And if he does get out, whether it now, in 25 years, in 50 years, or 100 years, he WILL do it again. The moment he is let out is the moment he has gotten away with it.
__________________
Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to BorgQueen For This Useful Post:
  #1162  
Old 08-05-2012, 01:06 AM
robynhood's Avatar
robynhood robynhood is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: ontario
Posts: 930
..read the letter posted from honorable Rob Nilson...N/T helped me post here....as I asked assistance..I was too upset to post it when i found it on FB site for TORI! ...i think it states in all that political Jargon...Canada DOES NOT PLAN ON LETTING Michael Rafferty out ..EVER...THANK GOD..found guilty as we all know of of everything accused...IMO...May MR . rot in his own H_LL...what a horrrible person to put Poor Tori only 9 thru i.......z>>> her final hours with us on earth...as the judge said" you MR>RAFFERTY ARe a MONSTER...I agree totally...robynhood.
__________________
Five years from now, when people think of Victoria Stafford they are going to think of the little girl that changed Canadian Laws and made it a safer nation for all children.
*
Rodney Stafford; Victoria's Dad

**RIP Tim Bosma...
Justice Shall Prevail
Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to robynhood For This Useful Post:
  #1163  
Old 08-05-2012, 01:36 AM
Hello_Kitty's Avatar
Hello_Kitty Hello_Kitty is offline
Meow Meow Meow Meow.
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 1,235
Department of Justice Website - Appeals Rules and Procedures

Department of Justice Website - Appeals Rules and Procedures

http://laws-lois.justice.gc.ca/eng/r...ons/SI-93-169/

everything you wanted to know about appeals, and inmate appeals is listed there.

---


btw, the word 'apprehend' in his notice of appeal is actually correct, it means the jury failed to grasp mentally, or understand the 'evidentiary requirements to convict him of first degree murder'. I guess he thinks the jury was too stupid to understand the evidence and just decided to convict him of 1st degree murder for the hell of it.
__________________
Though I fall, I fall like a star, streaming splendour through the sky.
Justice has not failed Victoria... Rest in peace Angel.

Princess on Earth, Angel in Heaven


“If two points are destined to touch, the universe will always find a way to make the connection. Even when all hope seems lost, certain ties cannot be broken. They define who we are — and who we can become. Across space, across time, even across paths we cannot predict.” -Touch
Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Hello_Kitty For This Useful Post:
  #1164  
Old 08-05-2012, 01:59 AM
sillybilly's Avatar
sillybilly sillybilly is online now
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: State of Confusion, Canada
Posts: 6,803
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hello_Kitty View Post
btw, the word 'apprehend' in his notice of appeal is actually correct, it means the jury failed to grasp mentally, or understand the 'evidentiary requirements to convict him of first degree murder'. I guess he thinks the jury was too stupid to understand the evidence and just decided to convict him of 1st degree murder for the hell of it.
<RSBM>

I am humbled and angry that MR is smarter than I am. DAMN !!
Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to sillybilly For This Useful Post:
  #1165  
Old 08-05-2012, 10:45 AM
maxfactor's Avatar
maxfactor maxfactor is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Ontario
Posts: 1,294
Quote:
Originally Posted by sillybilly View Post
<RSBM>

I am humbled and angry that MR is smarter than I am. DAMN !!
Lol SB!! There is no way MR is smarter than you!! I wonder if he got help from this group: http://law.queensu.ca/students/correctional.html
Quote:
The only program of its kind in Canada, the Queen's Correctional Law Project provides legal advice, assistance and representation in the area of correctional law. The program deals with inmate appeals against conviction and sentence for inmates of the nine federal penitentiaries in the Kingston area and Warkworth Institution near Campbellford, Ontario.
__________________
♥♥♥ In Memory of Tori ♥♥♥
Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to maxfactor For This Useful Post:
  #1166  
Old 08-05-2012, 01:37 PM
nettie_82 nettie_82 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 624
Sorry if this has been asked before, but how long will this appeal process possibly take? Are we talking months or years before we know if one will be granted?
__________________
Our memories shape us, providing a backdrop for our daily lives, a context for our actions, a rationale for our sometimes dubious decisions. Who we are today is inextricably woven through with memories of who we were yesterday, and the days before that.
Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to nettie_82 For This Useful Post:
  #1167  
Old 08-05-2012, 06:31 PM
Hello_Kitty's Avatar
Hello_Kitty Hello_Kitty is offline
Meow Meow Meow Meow.
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 1,235
Quote:
Originally Posted by nettie_82 View Post
Sorry if this has been asked before, but how long will this appeal process possibly take? Are we talking months or years before we know if one will be granted?
The guest lawyers on different news networks said it may take up to a year just to find out if he gets an extension. Once the extension is allowed, the appeal will proceed automatically. The appeal is could take up to another year or it may go faster, dunno. But you know how slow the wheels of justice are in Canada, gosh it took three years to get to his trial...
__________________
Though I fall, I fall like a star, streaming splendour through the sky.
Justice has not failed Victoria... Rest in peace Angel.

Princess on Earth, Angel in Heaven


“If two points are destined to touch, the universe will always find a way to make the connection. Even when all hope seems lost, certain ties cannot be broken. They define who we are — and who we can become. Across space, across time, even across paths we cannot predict.” -Touch
Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Hello_Kitty For This Useful Post:
  #1168  
Old 08-05-2012, 10:33 PM
flipflop's Avatar
flipflop flipflop is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 2,731
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hello_Kitty View Post
The guest lawyers on different news networks said it may take up to a year just to find out if he gets an extension. Once the extension is allowed, the appeal will proceed automatically. The appeal is could take up to another year or it may go faster, dunno. But you know how slow the wheels of justice are in Canada, gosh it took three years to get to his trial...
Waste of time, waste of money, waste of skin....I wish we had the death penalty for these sorry SOB.
Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to flipflop For This Useful Post:
  #1169  
Old 08-06-2012, 04:14 PM
BorgQueen's Avatar
BorgQueen BorgQueen is offline
Eradicated User
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 595
I'm normally against the death penalty for various reasons (it is an easy way out, not real punishment... but I won't get into it)... but in this case, I do wish we had it. This creep is going to keep trying everything he can to torture the family of his victim. That is all he is doing now. And he will use every resource that he is given to make sure he can continue having his "fun". It is sick, and somebody needs to put a stop to it. When will these people stop having more rights than their victims and the families of the victims?!??!?!?!
__________________
Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to BorgQueen For This Useful Post:
  #1170  
Old 08-06-2012, 10:16 PM
flipflop's Avatar
flipflop flipflop is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 2,731
Quote:
Originally Posted by BorgQueen View Post
I'm normally against the death penalty for various reasons (it is an easy way out, not real punishment... but I won't get into it)... but in this case, I do wish we had it. This creep is going to keep trying everything he can to torture the family of his victim. That is all he is doing now. And he will use every resource that he is given to make sure he can continue having his "fun". It is sick, and somebody needs to put a stop to it. When will these people stop having more rights than their victims and the families of the victims?!??!?!?!
My thoughts exactly....that SOB said in his own words that he was responsible for Tori not being here today, so why the appeal....he is where he belongs!!!!!!! ROT IT HELL RAFFERTY!!!!!!
Reply With Quote
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to flipflop For This Useful Post:
  #1171  
Old 08-08-2012, 04:17 PM
swedie's Avatar
swedie swedie is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 3,052
OK so basically this POS is saying the jurors are stupid and didn't understand the judges instructions to them, didn't know how to follow instructions from the judge. The judge didn't instruct them properly blah, blah, blah. The POS is desperate and will forever remain desperate because he won't be going anywhere outside of prison walls for the remainder of his life. The evidence was presented, the jurors listened and used their common sense based on the information and evidence given. It was and still is blatantly obvious MR was the instigator behind Tori's death. It was deliberate, premeditated and his past shows he is a sexual deviant, he is were he belongs and where he will die.

There would be no need for the death penalty if our government would stop protecting these monsters and put them in with the general population or at least house them with their like minded kind. It's that simple. When you break the law as serious as this, you should have no rights. JMHO.
__________________
RIP Tim. Justice will prevail


Victoria is the Latin word for 'victory' or 'conquer'. And conquer she did! RIP sweet Tori.

May 15/12, Michael Rafferty guilty; abduction, sexual assault causing bodily harm and murder, first degree. 25 years with no chance of parole. R.I.H. P.O.S.
Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to swedie For This Useful Post:
  #1172  
Old 08-08-2012, 04:20 PM
swedie's Avatar
swedie swedie is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 3,052
Quote:
Originally Posted by sillybilly View Post
<RSBM>

I am humbled and angry that MR is smarter than I am. DAMN !!
SB you're silly! This POS is as stupid as they come...and pure evil. Thanks for the laugh of the day SB!
__________________
RIP Tim. Justice will prevail


Victoria is the Latin word for 'victory' or 'conquer'. And conquer she did! RIP sweet Tori.

May 15/12, Michael Rafferty guilty; abduction, sexual assault causing bodily harm and murder, first degree. 25 years with no chance of parole. R.I.H. P.O.S.
Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to swedie For This Useful Post:
  #1173  
Old 08-09-2012, 03:27 PM
Hello_Kitty's Avatar
Hello_Kitty Hello_Kitty is offline
Meow Meow Meow Meow.
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 1,235
Quote:
Originally Posted by swedie View Post
OK so basically this POS is saying the jurors are stupid and didn't understand the judges instructions to them, didn't know how to follow instructions from the judge. The judge didn't instruct them properly blah, blah, blah. The POS is desperate and will forever remain desperate because he won't be going anywhere outside of prison walls for the remainder of his life. The evidence was presented, the jurors listened and used their common sense based on the information and evidence given. It was and still is blatantly obvious MR was the instigator behind Tori's death. It was deliberate, premeditated and his past shows he is a sexual deviant, he is were he belongs and where he will die.

There would be no need for the death penalty if our government would stop protecting these monsters and put them in with the general population or at least house them with their like minded kind. It's that simple. When you break the law as serious as this, you should have no rights. JMHO.
BBM

That, and he's saying the jury failed to understand the evidence required to convict of first-degree murder. So this POS, is saying the evidence didn't support a 1st degree murder conviction, and that Judge Heeny didn't instruct the jurors properly on what is needed to convict for 1st degree murder.
__________________
Though I fall, I fall like a star, streaming splendour through the sky.
Justice has not failed Victoria... Rest in peace Angel.

Princess on Earth, Angel in Heaven


“If two points are destined to touch, the universe will always find a way to make the connection. Even when all hope seems lost, certain ties cannot be broken. They define who we are — and who we can become. Across space, across time, even across paths we cannot predict.” -Touch
Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Hello_Kitty For This Useful Post:
  #1174  
Old 08-09-2012, 04:23 PM
swedie's Avatar
swedie swedie is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 3,052
‘I’ll be damned if he’s going to shake us again’: Tori Stafford’s family dismayed by Michael Rafferty’s appeal

According to his inmate notice of appeal, which will first need a judge’s permission to be heard, Rafferty wants to appear in person rather than have the case decided in writing.

Because Rafferty, 31, was late filing his appeal notice, he will need permission to press his case, which will be heard automatically if a time extension is granted.

In his application — filed more than the 30 days normally allowed — Rafferty explains why he needs the extension.

“I have tried to initiate this appeal as quickly as possible,” he wrote in his appeal notice dated June 26 but only sent to the court a month later.

“But my inability to use the telephone to contact legal counsel prevented me from doing so.”

An Ontario Appeal Court official said it would “probably take a while” for a decision on the extension because a trial transcript and exhibits need to be gathered to send to the deciding judge.

Normally, the Crown consents to the extension and the judge grants it unless the delay is deemed unjustifiable. In that case, the Crown may object and a judge would decide after hearing submissions, usually in writing.

Because Rafferty is arguing legal errors, if he continues with a full appeal it will be automatically heard if the time extension is granted.

To avoid prejudice to the accused, Heeney did not allow the jury to hear evidence seized from Rafferty’s laptop, which included child pornography, torture videos and a movie about the abduction of a girl.

http://news.nationalpost.com/2012/08...afford-appeal/

Evidence was that McClintic lured the Grade 3 student to Rafferty’s car. They then drove her to a secluded area where he raped her. One of them then smashed her head in with a hammer before burying her body under garbage bags and a pile of rocks.

http://fullcomment.nationalpost.com/...erty-evidence/

There was plenty of other evidence about Mr. Rafferty, chiefly that he had a penchant for sexual choking, that the jurors never heard because prosecutors didn’t try to have it admitted.

They had lined up no fewer than 12 women — not counting Terri-Lynne McClintic herself — who would have testified about Mr. Rafferty’s fondness for choking out his partners.

Not all of these episodes were consensual, prosecutors said in a so-called “bad character” factum that was filed with the court but never argued in full.

Indeed, Mr. Rafferty actually had one of his reluctant partners sign a waiver, giving him consent to choke her. “I agree to what Mike and I are doing tonight, sexual choking and passing out and other things,” it read.

The sexual choking had some real significance given Ms. McClintic’s evidence — in her first version of the killing, when she claimed it was Mr. Rafferty who did it — that she had heard a “gurgling” sound coming from Tori in the moments before her death.

She interpreted that to mean the little girl was being choked, a practice with which she was not unfamiliar.


Maybe one day we might know the truth as to who delivered the blow to Tori. I believe without the hammer blows Tori would have died anyhow as I believe MR choked Tori before throwing her to the ground outside his car. What makes me believe this is according to TLM, Tori was making gurgling sounds when she came over to Tori lying on the ground. These sounds were because Tori was more than likely suffering from internal bleeding and she was drowning in her own blood. MR was known to have a penchant for choking women. Too bad the jurors were not privy to this information as that information would have also been a deciding factor in the first degree murder conviction. These things show MR is responsible for Tori's demise: The POS initiated the abduction, he had TLM purchase the murder weapon with his money, he raped her and IMO choked her. He probably delivered the kicks and hammer blows. It all sounds premeditated on MR's part. He knew what was going to happen from start to finish. May he suffer greatly for his evil, deviant actions. The bottom line is, they are both responsible, they are where they belong and hopefully for the rest of their pathetic lives. MOO

Nothing will bring this sweet precious child back. Nothing will alleviate the pain and sorrow her loved ones have to endure for the rest of their lives. Forever in my heart sweet Victoria.
__________________
RIP Tim. Justice will prevail


Victoria is the Latin word for 'victory' or 'conquer'. And conquer she did! RIP sweet Tori.

May 15/12, Michael Rafferty guilty; abduction, sexual assault causing bodily harm and murder, first degree. 25 years with no chance of parole. R.I.H. P.O.S.

Last edited by swedie; 08-09-2012 at 04:38 PM. Reason: edited
Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to swedie For This Useful Post:
  #1175  
Old 08-09-2012, 07:37 PM
Flowercb's Avatar
Flowercb Flowercb is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 1,048
Quote:
Originally Posted by BorgQueen View Post
I'm normally against the death penalty for various reasons (it is an easy way out, not real punishment... but I won't get into it)... but in this case, I do wish we had it. This creep is going to keep trying everything he can to torture the family of his victim. That is all he is doing now. And he will use every resource that he is given to make sure he can continue having his "fun". It is sick, and somebody needs to put a stop to it. When will these people stop having more rights than their victims and the families of the victims?!??!?!?!
Just finished reading "The Dating Game Killer" true story about Rodney Alcala. If you think the wheels of justice are slow now--they literally sided with a rapist and killer and allowed him many appeal and retrials. This was before DNA testing was perfected.
__________________


VICTORIOUS
Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Flowercb For This Useful Post:
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
The sentencing is over, what happens next? Kimster Sheri, Garrett and Gavin Coleman 42 04-30-2012 11:48 PM


© Copyright Websleuths 1999-2012 New To Site? Need Help?
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:19 PM.

Advertisements

Pre-Order Imperfect Justice: Prosecuting Casey Anthony today!