Websleuths
Go Back   Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community > Current Events > Crimes-Spotlight on Children

Notices

Crimes-Spotlight on Children Discussion related to crimes against children.

Old 08-19-2012, 05:05 PM

Gigi Jordan says she saved her autistic son from a life of sexual torture by his father....

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...us-father.html
The Following User Says Thank You to Blondie in Spokane For This Useful Post:
Old 08-19-2012, 06:23 PM
Anxiously Awaiting a WINNING NFL Season!

Yikes. First of all, she DID kill her son. So she can say all she wants 'but I tried to kill myself', she still killed her son. This lady is either mentally ill and in some sort of paranoid delusion, or she's telling the truth. The article states she went to police. Did she ever take her son to be physically examined? Could there be a way to tell if his father were abusing him? So so so sad either way.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Janet Christiansen, Kaiden, and Family, justice WILL prevail!

JUSTICE FOR AMBER!

~*Cancel my subscription, I'm THROUGH with your issues*~
The Following User Says Thank You to Angels_Not_Forgotten For This Useful Post:
Old 08-21-2012, 01:11 AM
"the more i see of man the more i like dogs." mme. de staŽl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angels_Not_Forgotten View Post
Yikes. First of all, she DID kill her son. So she can say all she wants 'but I tried to kill myself', she still killed her son. This lady is either mentally ill and in some sort of paranoid delusion, or she's telling the truth. The article states she went to police. Did she ever take her son to be physically examined? Could there be a way to tell if his father were abusing him? So so so sad either way.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
Really bizarre. The fact that she was diagnosed with MBP makes me lean toward the paranoid delusion theory but at the same time ... something is making me wonder if she couldn't be, at least partially, telling the truth.
Old 08-21-2012, 01:24 AM

Killing a child to save him from abuse? I don't believe that one for a second.
Old 08-21-2012, 04:35 AM
Past mistakes should teach you to create a wonderful future.

I don't know enough about this case to offer much of an opinion but from what I know of maternal filicide:

The most common motive for maternal filicide is altruism under Resnick's spectrum. Though the link between suicide and filicide is high a 'let down' period occurring in both altruistic and acutely psychotic filicides sometimes prevents the parent from completing the suicide. In an acutely psychotic filicide we often see a confession almost immediately and a very high history of past psychiatric hospitalization. (Think Schlosser and Yates.) In non-psychotic filicides, according to one study, approximately half of the murderers are afflicted with a personality disorder.

Quote:
Resnick defines five types of filicide. In “altruistic” filicide a parent—almost always a mother in this category—kills her child or children as an extension of a suicide attempt. “These mothers see their children as an extension of themselves,” he said. “They do not want to leave a child motherless in a ‘cruel’ world as seen through their depressed eyes.”

In a second type of altruistic filicide a child is killed to end his or her real or imagined suffering. “These mothers may project their own unacceptable symptoms onto the child,” he said.
http://pnhw.psychiatryonline.org/con...7/24/14.3.full
"Emotional abuse isn't calling someone a name; it isn't simply raising your voice at someone you're meant to love...it's a concerted effort, a campaign, designed with the sole purpose of destruction. Your destruction. Emotional abuse crushes your spirit. It steals a piece of your soul. It changes everything about you and how you interact with others. You are never the same having survived it. In its wake, you question everything you ever thought you knew. You wonder what's wrong with you. You believe you aren't worth loving. You doubt yourself - constantly. And you learn to live with scars no one sees."

Last edited by BritsKate; 08-21-2012 at 05:10 AM.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to BritsKate For This Useful Post:
Old 08-23-2012, 05:03 PM
I hate liars. Hate em.

How awful!!!! Lock her up and throw that key away!!! This case has taken some weird turns, for sure.
Old 08-13-2013, 03:58 AM

http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/...icle-1.1425109

"Millionaire accused of murdering autistic son seeks freedom during oft delayed trial"
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Blondie in Spokane For This Useful Post: