Websleuths
Go Back   Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community > Missing!! > Missing but not forgotten Discussion > 2000's Missing

Notices

2000's Missing Persons missing between 2000-2009


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #76  
Old 07-13-2007, 05:04 AM
Bobbisangel Bobbisangel is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 11,152
Quote:
Originally Posted by concernedperson View Post
I was thinking about this case recently and wondered if there would ever be an update. There is a case in Atlanta right now about a women who was a abducted and her car was found burned. The general consensus is that there were some drug connections. Does anyone know if Lori was involved with/used drugs? This method of disposing of evidence seems to be the preferred among the aforementioned group.

I was just thinking about Lori the other day too. I thought we would have heard if she had been found. From what I remember Lori worked with troubled people but didn't have an active social life and was a lonely person. I remember that she had a dog that was her baby and it had been left at home which was unusual. It seems that she had told her mother that she was going to run to the store and back that night. From what I remember I don't think this girl was involved with drugs. I remember reading something that she had written and she just seemed to be a stay at home girl with her dog her life. I do remember her talking about being so lonely. I always wondered if the wrong person didn't read that on the net and contact her. I know she said that she liked to go on long walks. I wonder if anything was found on her computer? Maybe she met someone at the grocery store and he talked her into going somewhere with him and it ended badly. I wish for her family's sake that she would be found.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Bobbisangel For This Useful Post:
  #77  
Old 10-13-2007, 07:13 PM
hoppyfrog's Avatar
hoppyfrog hoppyfrog is offline
Happy 2011!
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: On the Third Coast
Posts: 8,746
Missing Auburn graduate turns 26 today

http://www.oanow.com/servlet/Satelli...923&path=!news

September 21, 2007

For the second year in a row, Arlene Slesinski doesn’t get to watch her daughter open gifts or celebrate her birthday.

Lori Ann Slesinski, who last had contact with her mother on June 10, 2006, turns 26 today.

Arlene Slesinksi said her daughter, who was 24 years old when she disappeared, was big on birthdays.

"They’ve just always been an important thing to her ... some people think that the older you get the less important they are, but she celebrated hers even when she was getting older."

much more at link
Reply With Quote
  #78  
Old 10-13-2007, 07:19 PM
concernedperson concernedperson is offline
Former Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 14,939
Thanks for the link I was thinking of Lori today and wondering if there was any news at all. This is such a sad case for her mom as well as others. The perp never realizes the amount of pain a family goes through looking for their children.
Reply With Quote
  #79  
Old 03-31-2008, 04:12 AM
VirginiaInAlabama VirginiaInAlabama is offline
MsGinny
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Somewhere In, Alabama, U.S.A
Posts: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by VirginiaInAlabama View Post

I can tell you from the destruction of her new vehicle, they were hiding murder evidence and fingerprints. It sounds like a jealousy (of her new vehicle, yes) murder, this person wanted her vehicle for some reason or another, and whoever did this to her has never had one of their own! They saw she was young, lonely, vulnerable and alone. And they seized the opportunity. An opportunity to kill her and take her car.

Remember, you read it here first. The perpetrator had an accomplice; unless they ran off on foot, which I doubt. Not in that particular area.

My prayers to the mother
Hmmmmmmmmm. And here I am to say "I TOLD YOU SO." It seems as though this theory is beginning to look more and more like the actual events that occured. Now, this is just pure speculation, however. :/
__________________
Let's Bring Lori Home
This site is set up to promote the remembrance of a young Auburn graduate, Auburn, AL who has been missing for almost 2 years.
Although it is called a memorial site, it is not
about a person who is no longer living, but
about a person who we need to remember is
still missing and needs to be with her family
Please join her site and help spread the word

Last edited by VirginiaInAlabama; 03-31-2008 at 04:16 AM. Reason: Because I felt like it. :)
Reply With Quote
  #80  
Old 03-31-2008, 08:26 AM
ella's mom ella's mom is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 515
Quote:
Originally Posted by VirginiaInAlabama View Post
Hmmmmmmmmm. And here I am to say "I TOLD YOU SO." It seems as though this theory is beginning to look more and more like the actual events that occured. Now, this is just pure speculation, however. :/
I am confused. Has something happened today that brings you to post the "I TOLD YOU SO" comment?

I tried looking for information and cannot find anything.
Reply With Quote
  #81  
Old 03-31-2008, 08:52 AM
MeoW333's Avatar
MeoW333 MeoW333 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 4,793
I've wondered about this case. My prayers for her mother and family and in that LE will be able to solve it soon.
The burning of her vehicle/potential evidence shows an "organized criminal" type has committed the crime. (i don't mean as in organized crime; just that the culprit was organized in the head enough to think and know that burning a vehicle would rid of evidence).
Reply With Quote
  #82  
Old 03-31-2008, 10:59 AM
MeoW333's Avatar
MeoW333 MeoW333 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 4,793
Quote:
Originally Posted by VirginiaInAlabama View Post
Hmmmmmmmmm. And here I am to say "I TOLD YOU SO." It seems as though this theory is beginning to look more and more like the actual events that occured. Now, this is just pure speculation, however. :/
Virginia, on page 2 of this thread you mention a couple other cases in the area that are unsolved; if you posted them up on here, i'm sure many here would love to try and help solve them. There was a 77year old shopkeeper among others, from what i recall.. we especially would like to help if the local LE haven't solved them.
You have taken a great interest in this case, and have come up with some good theories. I just wondered if you could elaborate on your last theory?

Also does anyone know if Lori's parents lived in Alabama also? I thought i recalled somewhere reading they lived up northeast; yet i could be wrong.
Everyone reacts differently to traumatic events. It is all how the individual deals with their pain.
Reply With Quote
  #83  
Old 04-05-2008, 05:12 AM
VirginiaInAlabama VirginiaInAlabama is offline
MsGinny
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Somewhere In, Alabama, U.S.A
Posts: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by MeoW333 View Post
Virginia, on page 2 of this thread you mention a couple other cases in the area that are unsolved; if you posted them up on here, i'm sure many here would love to try and help solve them. There was a 77year old shopkeeper among others, from what i recall.. we especially would like to help if the local LE haven't solved them.
You have taken a great interest in this case, and have come up with some good theories. I just wondered if you could elaborate on your last theory?

Also does anyone know if Lori's parents lived in Alabama also? I thought i recalled somewhere reading they lived up northeast; yet i could be wrong.
Everyone reacts differently to traumatic events. It is all how the individual deals with their pain.
Lori's parents, from what I know, live in Alabama. I have seen things posted on the net, supposedly that I posted, but half of it is not things I would post. I came up with a good theory on this POI and I was right all along. However, on another board, someone posted something really lame and put my name on it. Don't know how they could do that, but they did. I believe it was done to discredit me and make me look like a fool on the board to everyone else, so nobody would care to read what I had to say. Makes sense to me. Frustrating for me, to say the least, because I do care about the victim(s) I post on here about.

Anyway, the shopkeeper, I believe he was murdered by someone who knew him, and probably someone he did not like. He is probably the friend of a friend. There was mention by the shopkeeper's wife of a guy named Tony, she never really cared for this guy, and the wife thinks he knows something. His name (shopkeeper) is Dick Salmon. He was 72. Very sad. I guess they have no new leads in the case. There has not been much mention of it at all. I wish I knew his wife, she could possibly shed some light on this matter. The Tony matter, that is. ????
__________________
Let's Bring Lori Home
This site is set up to promote the remembrance of a young Auburn graduate, Auburn, AL who has been missing for almost 2 years.
Although it is called a memorial site, it is not
about a person who is no longer living, but
about a person who we need to remember is
still missing and needs to be with her family
Please join her site and help spread the word
Reply With Quote
  #84  
Old 05-02-2008, 06:45 AM
VirginiaInAlabama VirginiaInAlabama is offline
MsGinny
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Somewhere In, Alabama, U.S.A
Posts: 13
Tracking Rick Ennis

I have valuable information on the whereabouts of Rick Ennis which I am keeping quiet about, for now. However, he is believed to be in the nearby area. Anyway, just that update --- thought it was important to share.
__________________
Let's Bring Lori Home
This site is set up to promote the remembrance of a young Auburn graduate, Auburn, AL who has been missing for almost 2 years.
Although it is called a memorial site, it is not
about a person who is no longer living, but
about a person who we need to remember is
still missing and needs to be with her family
Please join her site and help spread the word
Reply With Quote
  #85  
Old 05-06-2008, 04:05 PM
Auburnmommyof2 Auburnmommyof2 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 230
Quote:
Originally Posted by VirginiaInAlabama View Post
I have valuable information on the whereabouts of Rick Ennis which I am keeping quiet about, for now. However, he is believed to be in the nearby area. Anyway, just that update --- thought it was important to share.
Nearby area? Meaning around Auburn? Do I need to take my children to another town for awhile? If there is a potential violent criminal lurking around, then the public needs to be aware.
Reply With Quote
  #86  
Old 05-10-2008, 05:50 AM
Bobbisangel Bobbisangel is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 11,152
Quote:
Originally Posted by VirginiaInAlabama View Post
Hmmmmmmmmm. And here I am to say "I TOLD YOU SO." It seems as though this theory is beginning to look more and more like the actual events that occured. Now, this is just pure speculation, however. :/

I TOLD YOU SO about what? Nothing new has come out about Lori's case for a long time. Of course whoever took her vehicle burned it so that any evidence in it would be burned. That is why so many killers burn the victim's vehicle and often the victim.

We have no way of knowing why Lori was murdered or how many people were involved. Seems to me if the killer had murdered her for her vehicle they would have switched the license plate and taken the vehicle for a period of time. I think they had to get rid of the vehicle after the murder because of evidence and that is why it was set on fire. Whose to say if the person/people who committed the murder ever had a car or were jealous of Lori having a nice vehicle. We have no clue about the killer/killers at all.

You are a little early on saying I TOLD YOU SO don't you think unless you know something...facts...that we aren't aware of.
Reply With Quote
  #87  
Old 05-13-2008, 11:57 AM
Auburnmommyof2 Auburnmommyof2 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 230
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobbisangel View Post
I TOLD YOU SO about what? Nothing new has come out about Lori's case for a long time. Of course whoever took her vehicle burned it so that any evidence in it would be burned. That is why so many killers burn the victim's vehicle and often the victim.

We have no way of knowing why Lori was murdered or how many people were involved. Seems to me if the killer had murdered her for her vehicle they would have switched the license plate and taken the vehicle for a period of time. I think they had to get rid of the vehicle after the murder because of evidence and that is why it was set on fire. Whose to say if the person/people who committed the murder ever had a car or were jealous of Lori having a nice vehicle. We have no clue about the killer/killers at all.

You are a little early on saying I TOLD YOU SO don't you think unless you know something...facts...that we aren't aware of.
Please check out the link below. There is some very interesting information about this case.
http://helpfindthemissing.org/forum/...play.php?f=130
Reply With Quote
  #88  
Old 06-08-2008, 01:54 PM
ShannieMonkey ShannieMonkey is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Alabama
Posts: 34
Bumping with thoughts of Lori
Reply With Quote
  #89  
Old 06-10-2008, 09:32 AM
ShannieMonkey ShannieMonkey is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Alabama
Posts: 34
Tomorrow is the 2 year mark since she went missing (being from Auburn) I saw our local newspaper had a story on her..

So you all can read and remember Lori...

http://www.oanow.com/oan/news/local/...s_later/19986/

Katie Stallcup
Staff writer
Published: June 9, 2008

It’s been two years since Arlene Slesinski last heard from her daughter, Lori. Two years of worry, of not knowing.

The Auburn resident, who would be 26 this year, was last heard from June 10, 2006. Her mother reported her missing June 13, and her blue 2005 Mazda Tribute was found burning in the early morning hours of June 14.

Two years later, still no sign of Lori. No sign of the girl who loved music and going to the beach, who had so many CDs, it was “unbelievable.”

“It’s still very hard,” Arlene Slesinski said. “I can’t stop thinking about her … Lori was just a very loving, kind person. She had a zest for life. She had hopes and dreams for really pursuing a lot of different things. Unfortunately, it looks like she’ll never get to do that.

“I never give up hope (of finding her). I stay in contact with the police, I keep trying to hope somebody will come forward with something.”

Auburn police are hoping the same thing. They’ve re-interviewed people and searched local areas, but they’ve run out of luck.

“We are continuing to search for new leads and information, trying to identify that one person who may have that particular piece of information that will help us resolve it,” Auburn police Capt. Tommy Carswell said.

They’re looking for someone who may know something about Slesinski’s disappearance, especially the time period between the last time she was heard from and the morning her car was found aflame.

“We just feel there are people that know more than what we’ve been told,” Auburn police Capt. Paul Register said. “There’s a family that’s wondering what’s happened to their daughter. And we would hope that at some point, the feelings for the family of this girl, and friends, would override the fear or whatever reason somebody would not come forward and tell us what they know about it.”

Disappearances like Slesinski’s are rare in Auburn, police said. More often, an individual is contacted hours after a missing person report is filed. But that doesn’t mean people shouldn’t file reports quickly, Carswell said. The sooner a report is filed, the better the chance of finding the missing person.

Even though it’s been two years, Slesinski’s case has not been forgotten, Carswell said.

“June the 10th isn’t just a day for those parents,” he said. “It’s a day for the police department, too. We haven’t forgotten it. It’s not in the file room, it’s not in the records. It’s on the detective’s desk.”

Auburn police won’t rest until they bring the family closure, Auburn police Capt. Tom Stofer said.

“Until that day comes, our detectives will continue to revisit that case, look at the case, work on that case and do everything we possibly can because the family deserves nothing less.”

And until that day comes, Arlene Slesinski will keep hoping.

“You just take one day at a time,” she said. “Anybody out there that’s a parent would understand. You can’t give up hope. You just can’t. It’s your child, and there’s nothing more in the world that you want than to know where your child is.”
Reply With Quote
  #90  
Old 06-29-2008, 11:49 AM
Auburnmommyof2 Auburnmommyof2 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 230
http://www.wsfa.com/global/story.asp?s=8567517
This story recently ran on our local news.
Reply With Quote
  #91  
Old 06-30-2008, 02:28 AM
Bobbisangel Bobbisangel is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 11,152
My heart sure goes out to Lori's mom. I can't imagine being in her shoes. I think my imagination would just run wild. I don't understand why her new car was set on fire. Why burn it. If a person was worried about fingerprints why not wipe down the places that you touched instead of burning the car. Now if Lori was murdered in her car I can understand buring the car. The person wouldn't want anything showing up in the car. What did he do with Lori? I wish someone would run across her for the sake of her family. Like all of the other missing females...she didn't just disappear into thin air. You would think there must be someone who saw her with her killer at some point that evening.
Reply With Quote
  #92  
Old 10-06-2008, 01:09 PM
Auburnmommyof2 Auburnmommyof2 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 230
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobbisangel View Post
My heart sure goes out to Lori's mom. I can't imagine being in her shoes. I think my imagination would just run wild. I don't understand why her new car was set on fire. Why burn it. If a person was worried about fingerprints why not wipe down the places that you touched instead of burning the car. Now if Lori was murdered in her car I can understand buring the car. The person wouldn't want anything showing up in the car. What did he do with Lori? I wish someone would run across her for the sake of her family. Like all of the other missing females...she didn't just disappear into thin air. You would think there must be someone who saw her with her killer at some point that evening.
I believe the killer was also the last person she was known to be with. This is just my opinion based on a lot of research.
Reply With Quote
  #93  
Old 10-07-2008, 08:03 AM
Bobbisangel Bobbisangel is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 11,152
Quote:
Originally Posted by Auburnmommyof2 View Post
I believe the killer was also the last person she was known to be with. This is just my opinion based on a lot of research.

It seems that a lot of people believe the same thing. Did they ever ask him to do a poly? LE must not be able to find any type of evidence to connect him with the crime. Do you think they will ever be able to arrest him?
Reply With Quote
  #94  
Old 10-08-2008, 10:41 AM
Auburnmommyof2 Auburnmommyof2 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 230
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobbisangel View Post
It seems that a lot of people believe the same thing. Did they ever ask him to do a poly? LE must not be able to find any type of evidence to connect him with the crime. Do you think they will ever be able to arrest him?
If I recall correctly, he states they did not give him a poly. He has a juvenile record that can't be made public and in my opinion, he may be playing that card to stay out of the spotlight on this case. My prayer is that they will be able to arrest him, if he is responsible.
Reply With Quote
  #95  
Old 10-17-2008, 04:56 AM
Bobbisangel Bobbisangel is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 11,152
Quote:
Originally Posted by Auburnmommyof2 View Post
If I recall correctly, he states they did not give him a poly. He has a juvenile record that can't be made public and in my opinion, he may be playing that card to stay out of the spotlight on this case. My prayer is that they will be able to arrest him, if he is responsible.

I sure hope they have some evidence and eventially find the monster who murdered Lori. This person who a lot of people suspect did hang out on another site. He was confronted several times and of course denied harming Lori. I don't know if he still goes to that site or not but he sure does talk a lot! I'm wondering if he hangs out on that site just to keep track of what is going on in Lori's case. Killers often place themselves right in the middle because they want to know what is happening with the case. I can't remember what site that is. I had to change ISP's and lost all of my 'favorites" so I don't have the name of the site....darn.
Reply With Quote
  #96  
Old 10-21-2008, 12:19 AM
Auburnmommyof2 Auburnmommyof2 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 230
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobbisangel View Post
I sure hope they have some evidence and eventially find the monster who murdered Lori. This person who a lot of people suspect did hang out on another site. He was confronted several times and of course denied harming Lori. I don't know if he still goes to that site or not but he sure does talk a lot! I'm wondering if he hangs out on that site just to keep track of what is going on in Lori's case. Killers often place themselves right in the middle because they want to know what is happening with the case. I can't remember what site that is. I had to change ISP's and lost all of my 'favorites" so I don't have the name of the site....darn.
He was on helpfindthemissing but hasn't been there in a long time, or at least not logged on
Reply With Quote
  #97  
Old 10-22-2008, 01:39 AM
Bobbisangel Bobbisangel is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 11,152
Quote:
Originally Posted by Auburnmommyof2 View Post
He was on helpfindthemissing but hasn't been there in a long time, or at least not logged on
That's right. He probably didn't like people accusing him of harming Lori. Thanks for telling my the site. I've wanted to go back there but couldn't remember the name.
Reply With Quote
  #98  
Old 06-10-2011, 10:18 PM
Kat's Avatar
Kat Kat is offline
Kind words do not cost much
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Penn's woods
Posts: 17,230
http://www2.oanow.com/news/2011/jun/...st-ar-1951362/

By Joe Mcadory
Published: June 09, 2011

5 years later, Auburn woman's whereabouts still unknown
Reply With Quote
  #99  
Old 08-26-2012, 10:36 PM
nola's Avatar
nola nola is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Northshore, LA
Posts: 719
6 years later...
SPECIAL REPORT: The search for Lori Ann Slesinski

__________________

The LORD your God is with you,
he is mighty to save.
He will take great delight in you,
he will quiet you with his love,
he will rejoice over you with singing.
Zephaniah 3:17
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to nola For This Useful Post:
  #100  
Old 06-11-2013, 12:12 PM
neverletgo's Avatar
neverletgo neverletgo is offline
Easter is coming, Websleuthers!
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Illinois/St. Louis Metro Area
Posts: 1,406
for Lori, missing 7 years this week.

Snipped:

Quote:
Slesinksi was last seen in Auburn, Alabama on June 10, 2006. Her mother reported her missing five days later, after she visited Slesinski's home in the Ridgewood Village Trailer Park and realized her daughter had been gone for some time and the dog had not been fed.
__________________
Here a , there a , everywhere a
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to neverletgo For This Useful Post:
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
WA WA - Caleta Sade White, 18, Auburn, 28 Aug 2006 SheWhoMustNotBeNamed 2000's Missing 5 11-09-2013 05:03 PM
Found Deceased NY - Katie Socci, 29, Auburn, 14 June 2011 chasing.halos Located Forum Discussion 53 04-29-2012 05:31 PM
OH OH - Lori Ann Boffman, 45, Youngstown, 5 Aug 2006 SheWhoMustNotBeNamed 2000's Missing 0 05-23-2011 10:52 PM
WA Caleta Sade White (18) - Auburn WA, 2006 SheWhoMustNotBeNamed Missing Children in America - A Profile 1 03-17-2011 12:30 AM
Found Deceased WA - Lori Hamm, 36, Vancouver, 16 July 2006 PrayersForMaura Located Forum Discussion 8 01-21-2007 02:04 PM


© Copyright Websleuths 1999-2012 New To Site? Need Help?
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:13 PM.

Advertisements

Pre-Order Imperfect Justice: Prosecuting Casey Anthony today!