CANADA Canada - Montreal, WhtMale 20s, bright red hair, 'Michel' on bracelet, Jul'11

This may seem like an odd question, but I wonder if LE is 100% certain that this young man's eyes are brown? Obviously if they could tell by looking at him, then that's 100% certainty. But if he sustained some kind of serious head trauma, for example, is it possible that his eye color could not be determined with complete certainty?

I am asking this for two reasons.

1. The most prevalent eye color for redheads is blue, followed by green and hazel. Only 18% of redheads worldwide have brown eyes (according to Wikipedia).

2. I have found a missing person that could be a match. He has a similar chin, is approximately the same height and weight, and the age is a match. I'm not going to post him on here right now due to the eye color discrepancy.

If anyone has any thoughts re: the eye color, I'd love to hear them.

18 % is quite a few people but I am not sure he is a natural redhead.

Some people have eye color that is really more like a mixture of colors and different people might perceive it as different colors. At least green, brown, hazel can be close imo. Reporting errors are also a possibility.

I am currently searching through Canadian missing persons sites. I've found one person so far that is a long shot, but a possibility.

Allan Curtis was last seen in Montreal in 1993. He has bright red curly hair, hazel eyes. 155-165 lbs. 5'11" (which is taller than our unidentified). He has schizophrenia but refuses to take his medication. He was 23 when last seen which would probably make him a little too old to be a match. But I'd like to see what you guys think.

This link is to Allan's case on Doe Network:

http://doenetwork.org/cases/1758dmqc.html

Don't drive yourself crazy trying to read the ring, if it is indeed a Lord of the Rings ring, the inscription is in Elvish.

Something to the effect of "Ash nazg durbatulûk, ash nazg gimbal, Ash nazg thrakatulûk agh burzum-ishi krimpatul."

Just didn't want anyone to go cross-eyed trying to make English out of it. :)

One Ring - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I had submitted this unidentified CANADA Canada -Montreal - Male w/Bright Red Hair, "Michel" engraved on Bracelet, 20s, Jul'11 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community to New York State Police and received this response:

I've looked over your information (and shared it with Craig's parents). We have eliminated him as being Craig Frear. We all want to thank you for tour interest in this case.

Investigator Gloria J. Coppola
New York State Police

Thanks for sharing that with us, because I know there were a few members who felt this unidentified man might have been Craig.

FYI, I have gone through all of the entries on Canada's Missing Persons website and could not find any who even came close to matching this young man.:banghead:

Ok. I wonder how they determined his age. I've got a possible match, but he'd have been 42 or so at the time. Same bright red hair though, and the red heads I know tend to age very well. Anyway...

Jack Jason Simmons
http://doenetwork.org/cases/1043dmut.html

Ok. I wonder how they determined his age. I've got a possible match, but he'd have been 42 or so at the time. Same bright red hair though, and the red heads I know tend to age very well. Anyway...

Jack Jason Simmons
http://doenetwork.org/cases/1043dmut.html

I got excited when I saw that hair, too, until I realized he was way too old to be the young man in Montreal. His hair is the closest in color I've seen so far.

I got excited when I saw that hair, too, until I realized he was way too old to be the young man in Montreal. His hair is the closest in color I've seen so far.

I know people who got carded into their 40s. The hair is just so... right.

I know people who got carded into their 40s. The hair is just so... right.

It's certainly a close match on the hair. If you think the age difference isn't significant, that maybe he looks young for his age, there certainly isn't any harm in calling it in.

My guess: It was in water. If true this photo was taken on the Jacques Cartier Bridge and this young man jumped, his body may have been recovered from the river.

Here is a picture of the bridge.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Jacques-Cartier_bridge.JPG

Oh my god...how scary...yes, I am now convinced the photo is from the bridge when he jumped. They did not find him right away, evidenced by the rust. How sad.

Bumping this up for "Michel". Anybody recognize him?

Did anyone screen capture his photo.. I can't find anything with the links and having no luck looking on the web.. tia

Did anyone screen capture his photo.. I can't find anything with the links and having no luck looking on the web.. tia

2957623010045078242S600x600Q851.jpg

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - CANADA Canada -Montreal- Male w/Bright Red Hair, "Michel" engraved on Bracelet, 20s, Jul'11

Here ya go, hth.

Just starting doing some searching on this one. I have sons this age...can't imagine that nobody is looking for him.

We don't know if that is his "real" hair color?

Just starting doing some searching on this one. I have sons this age...can't imagine that nobody is looking for him.

We don't know if that is his "real" hair color?

According to the police press release, they say he had red hair and there is no mention if his hair was dyed or not.

Red hair
Brown eyes
5'9"
160 lbs.
20-30 years old

The photo depicts exactly what he was wearing on the day he was found. The ring might be a clue. It is described as "Lord of the Rings" style ring. He was wearing a silver bracelet with "Michel" engraved on it.

That red looks natural. I find a slim to none chance that a guy his age would dye his hair. The only way it wouldn't be natural is if he were blonde and used a dye prior to his death so as to disguise himself.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa
Back