Identified! NY - Orleans Co., WhtFem 697UFNY, 20-23, Oct'83 - Shari Ball

What about Barbara Bruno?

https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/11582/4/

Date last seen August 01, 1980 00:00
Age last seen 18 to 19 years old
Height (inches) 61.0 to 63.0
Weight (pounds) 120.0 to 145.0
Hair Brown

There is very little information on Babara Bruno. She lived about 50 miles away from where the UID was found. Timing is about right.

The UID was found October 29, 1983. Estimated date of death is 1981.

Estimated age: 20-23 years old
Approximate Height and Weight: 5'2-5'4"; 90-130 lbs.
Distinguishing Characteristics: Brown hair. Possibly pierced ears. Possibly diabetic.

This was not ruled out as an exclusion in NAMUS. I just posted it here for other people's opinions.

Hair Brown

There is very little information on Babara Bruno. She lived about 50 miles away from where the UID was found. Timing is about right.

Distinguishing Characteristics: Brown hair. Possibly pierced ears. Possibly diabetic.

This was not ruled out as an exclusion in NAMUS. I just posted it here for other people's opinions.

I was thinking about Barbara as a possible. I wish there was a smiling photo of her to see if she had gapped teeth. (or for that matter, gold restorations on the gumline, which would make her a possible for the Skeletal Jane Doe found buried in 1988 in Irondequoit).

NY NY - Irondequoit - Female 122UFNY, 15-20, July 1988 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

What about Sheri Ball?
https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/12247/11?current_page=dna

-She has a similar face shape
-Was on her way to NY
-Height in range
-Slender build
-In photo's she appears to have blond/brown hair
-Cannot tell for certain but one of the photos looks like she might have a gap between her teeth?
https://www.findthemissing.org/en/photos/full/21252

I was just looking at Shari Ball, too. I'm thinking the broken left elbow probably rules her out, but sometimes childhood breaks heal so completely they don't leave a trace on the x-rays.

I was just looking at Shari Ball, too. I'm thinking the broken left elbow probably rules her out, but sometimes childhood breaks heal so completely they don't leave a trace on the x-rays.

You don't want to rely on past bone breaks as a means to rule-out. Remember that Colleen Orsborn remained UID for decades because the Orlando FL ME office positively ruled her out due to the lack of evidence of a prior broken arm.

You don't want to rely on past bone breaks as a means to rule-out. Remember that Colleen Orsborn remained UID for decades because the Orlando FL ME office positively ruled her out due to the lack of evidence of a prior broken arm.

I had not heard that story. Thanks.

What about Tammy Mahoney?

https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/7601/0/

She was last seen on May 1981. (UID estimated date of death per Doe Network was 1981)
Height: 63 inches
Weight: 130 lbs
Shoulder lenght brown hair
Pierced ears

At age 6 Tammy wore a cast - possibly on the lower left leg - unable to locate X-rays/radiographs during that time period.

Circumstances:
Tammy was picked up while hitchhiking in the City of Oneida, Madison County, NY and taken to a party on the Oneida Indian Territory, Route #46 in the City of Oneida.

Tammy has not been seen since that night, and her remains have never been found.Five months passed before police learned Tammy was on the Indian Territory.

Subsequent investigation over time (including a 1996 multi-agency police effort) has resulted in possible identification of suspect/s and witnesses and much intelligence. Very little cooperation was generated as a result, however case information continues to be received.

They finally created a NamUs Casefile for this Jane Doe.

https://identifyus.org/en/cases/10301

Additional info and Differences from DoeNet info:
* Age Range widened to 17-25, compared to DoeNet (20-23)
* Hair is now described as "Blonde to light brown, curly, long", compared to DoeNet (Brown).
* Skeletal Findings - Harris Lines (AKA Growth Arrest Lines), in both femora and tibiae indicating a disruption in bone growth (possibly caused by periods of malnutrition or illness).* Dental: None of the wisdom teeth had erupted. - Fillings in all of the other 8 molars.
* slender build

BBM

Carlk,
I read that Harris lines can also be caused by trauma. If a bone had been broken at a young age what would it look like (if still visable) on this UID? I am clueless about medical terminology) Would it appear as a Harris Line?

TIA

BBM

Carlk,
I read that Harris lines can also be caused by trauma. If a bone had been broken at a young age what would it look like (if still visable) on this UID? I am clueless about medical terminology) Would it appear as a Harris Line?

TIA

Maybe. However, the healed break would probably (thought not definitely) also be evident.

I submitted Tammy Mahoney as a possible match. I will let you know if/what I hear...

Hair Brown

I submitted this possible match earlier this month to the Doe Network.

Barbara Bruno has been ruled out. She is now listed as an exclusion.

They finally created a NamUs Casefile for this Jane Doe.

https://identifyus.org/en/cases/10301

Additional info and Differences from DoeNet info:
* Age Range widened to 17-25, compared to DoeNet (20-23)
* Hair is now described as "Blonde to light brown, curly, long", compared to DoeNet (Brown).
* Skeletal Findings - Harris Lines (AKA Growth Arrest Lines), in both femora and tibiae indicating a disruption in bone growth (possibly caused by periods of malnutrition or illness).
* Dental: None of the wisdom teeth had erupted. - Fillings in all of the other 8 molars.
* slender build

I note as well that this profile lists death as 5 months prior to location....1983. Vs, 1981 previously stated.

I was going to suggest Mary Frances Gregory until I read the new hair description.

Airplanelamp - Mary Gregory's hair looks blond to light brown to me in the photo available.

For $50,000 you might want to give it a shot - the location is crazy close to the border crossing.

Airplanelamp - Mary Gregory's hair looks blond to light brown to me in the photo available.

For $50,000 you might want to give it a shot - the location is crazy close to the border crossing.

It said in the new description that this UID had long curly hair though and it looks like Mary's hair is straight and shoulder length.

I do agree though that if you were traveling Parry Sound to CA, you'd probably be most likely to cross at Niagara Falls NY or Buffalo NY......and given that the "friend" said they'd traveled through NY it makes sense for one of those crossings to be it.

IDK, is it still worth submitting? I don't want to annoy police with a bunch of submissions.....

The hair description has been changed - it could be either or, seems to depend on who's looking at it.

For $50K be annoying.

The hair description has been changed - it could be either or, seems to depend on who's looking at it.

For $50K be annoying.

In all honesty, I don't even know HOW to submit something properly. Do you just call the number? Or is there a proper way?

(I just noticed you are also in Southern Ontario :) .... are you SW? )

Go to the OPP Missing Persons and Unidentified Remains Website (try clicking on it under Mary Gregory thread). At the bottom of the page you can click on a 'submit here' type button - it's called OPP Resolve - a coordinator for tips.

Will hold off on Turquoise Doe and let you do it - or re-advise if you want me to.

Good luck!

May I please ask if someone knows.Was it about 5 months since this Jane Doe died? What does mummified mean? The date of death changed on NAMUS.I know it says they have mtDNA on this Jane Doe.But is it in CODIS right now?

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leannamj
Back