CO- Dylan Redwine, 13, Vallecito, 19 November 2012 - #21

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've always wondered about that statement. It makes no sense.

It bewilders me too. What does it even mean? If I was the last person to see a missing child I wouldn't feel good about "everything being all right". Sadly, even here, innocent people get convicted of crimes and missing children is such an emotional subject.

I'm only worried about Dylan. Where is he? What happened to him?

at the end of the video (7:20) MR states that DR had flown to Durango to visit him in early Sept. on a ROUND TRIP ticket. was the T'day flight only one -way????

in the first half of the video, in response to ER's accusations against him, he says the whole goal is for the family to unite. This is clearly his perspective on the situation, but, could it also have been a motive?
in which case, is DR being hidden safely somewhere, or was it important enough to create a tragedy to force the family to re-unite?

BBM. Not sure how helpful this is from 12-8-12:

Lt. Ed Phippen wanted to reassure residents that the Sheriff’s Office “does not believe there is a sex offender abducting children” from the area".

http://www.durangoherald.com/article/20121208/NEWS01/121209618/0/SEARCH/Volunteers-search-for-Dylan

The way things were worded, and organized, in that article, I think he was referring to his comment about all of the RSOs in the area being checked out and having alibis. Of course, it could also be because no other children from that immediate area have disappeared since Dylan did. I'm not real sure that I'd consider either to be a strong indicator that there was no predator around. Hard to say. MOO

I got on here to catch up. There were a few questions directed at me and I hope I can address them.
Someone asked if MR ever cried tears, yes he did.
Someone asked about whether or not he had friends, spent time with family, etc. - Well, I can't tell you what he does now, but way back when, yes he did have friends and spent time with his family.

Throughout all those comments, many wondered how I would know after so many years, what did it matter, what about the ex factor, etc.

Well, I don't know MR today and have never claimed to. It's been years. Yes, people change, some for the good and some for the bad. IMO the core of who you are stays with you forever and that doesn't change. Take it for what it's worth, I'm not bashing MR. I know how I was years ago and how he was. What I also know is that my life took one direction and his took another. People change or don't change based on the life they live. I give my grandson burritos and ice cream drumsticks for breakfast (he asks me for it) but I would never have done that with my kids.
As for the opinions that my children have about MR, they formed those opinions on the life they lived with him, without him and since him. I am sure that subconciously I had some influence on it. Keep in mind, these are the same children that met face to face with him at a young age to tell him directly that they didn't want him to be their father anymore.
The ex factor, absolutely is there. I would not have divorced him if I thought he was wonderful. Every man divorces a bi@#$ and every woman divorces a bas$@%#. Otherwise they would still be married. Time heals all wounds and personally I have had much better things to do with my time over twenty years than to carry a grudge, that takes too much valuable time and energy IMO.

Has an actual quote ever been located, with LE really saying this?

Investigators are looking into the disappearance of 13-year-old Dylan Redwine as a possible “abduction, kidnapping or some kind of foul play,” a spokesman for the La Plata County Sheriff’s Office said Wednesday.

“We hope that he is still alive,” said Sgt. Dan Bender. “There have been plenty of cases where someone has been abducted or kidnapped and is still alive.”

Read more: http://www.gazette.com/articles/vallecito-147839-redwine-father.html#ixzz2Gmc3TISM

This thread is getting really long, working on a new one now. Will close this thread shortly.

Ima

Investigators are looking into the disappearance of 13-year-old Dylan Redwine as a possible “abduction, kidnapping or some kind of foul play,” a spokesman for the La Plata County Sheriff’s Office said Wednesday.

“We hope that he is still alive,” said Sgt. Dan Bender. “There have been plenty of cases where someone has been abducted or kidnapped and is still alive.”

Read more: http://www.gazette.com/articles/vallecito-147839-redwine-father.html#ixzz2Gmc3TISM

And that quote is from 11-28-12 - so we have one from 11-28-12 saying "abduction, kidnapping or foul play" and then we have two from 12-8-12 saying different things. As some one here posted previously.... We.Just.Don't.Know.

"don't worry about me and I know that everything's gonna be alright on my end"??????????

WTH?

"this is your chance to get any message out there" -reporter
"I don't want the focus to be on me. I want the focus to stay on Dylan" - MR
hmmmmm

approx 1:40-1:50
http://www.koat.com/news/new-mexico...nce/-/9153728/17616906/-/129kycz/-/index.html

I realize this is not the same, but when I first watched that interview, I thought about when I was pg with my first son and everyone was so big about talking to the baby (belly). I put my husband on the spot to talk to the baby, and he like totally went blank and couldn't do it. Again, I know it's not the same, but that's just what I thought of.

AzGrandma, you are wonderful and we are really lucky to have you here. Thank you so much for helping us navigate the mystery that is MR.

I love the part about your grand kids. I was pretty much raised by my grandmothers and still live next door to one. When the boys stay with her they get fried doughnuts with ice cream on top for breakfast. I was lucky to get by with extra sugar in my Cheerios.

Hugs to you & yours and many wishes for answers in 2013.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lover305