Websleuths
Go Back   Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community > Missing!! > Located Forum Discussion

Notices

Located Forum Discussion Discussion for those who were missing and are now located

Old 03-15-2013, 06:49 PM

http://www.southernminn.com/st_peter...bfb14090c.html

Annie's family raising money to help pay for search efforts.
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Bythebook For This Useful Post:
Old 03-16-2013, 09:01 AM

http://kdvr.com/2013/03/15/family-fr...oman-saturday/

New search today. Family looking for answers.
The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to Bythebook For This Useful Post:
Old 03-16-2013, 06:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bythebook View Post

From that link:
“The roommate, Melissa Miller, is not talking to police. She was supposed to do a polygraph yesterday [Thursday] and then she was going to come to the police to give a statement. Of course, that never happened. That just bothered us,” says Meyer.

The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to Tennlyn For This Useful Post:
Old 03-16-2013, 06:56 PM

Quote:

also from article:

No one answers the door at the home of Melissa Miller’s parents in Lakewood, where a child has written in chalk in the driveway: “We Love you Annie. Come Home!!”

“We all know Annie. We don’t know where she is at. Don’t know anything,” says Miller’s brother-in-law.

Miller’s brother-in-law also says he doesn’t know where Miller is.

“I don’t know. She’s never around,”
he says.

BBM

Hopefully, LE is somehow tracking her whereabouts and/or cell phone.

My post may only be used on Websleuths. Thanks.

All post are my opinion and speculation only and are not meant as anything else.......so unless I'm quoting MSM, take it for what it's worth!!!
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to scorekeeper For This Useful Post:
Old 03-16-2013, 07:52 PM

Nelson Garcia ‏@9NewsEducation
Nearly 150 friends and family turn out to search for any leads in the disappearance of 52-year-old Annie Meyer. #9news
Old 03-17-2013, 06:30 AM

There was also a report Annie’s roommate, Melissa Miller, took a lie detector test, but Annie’s brother says it never happened.

“If she has information, come and tell us, make a statement, do something. As far as we know that’s the last person who saw her as well. Let’s make it happen. It’s tearing on our family’s hearts, Annie’s brother Mark Meyer said.

http://denver.cbslocal.com/2013/03/1...r-information/
Old 03-17-2013, 06:32 AM

This is the report from Melissa's father, that she had taken a poly, but as we see from the report a few posts up, she still hasn't given her statement to the police, and her brother in law doesn't even know where she is.

Trounce said Miller took a lie detector test Thursday afternoon at the request of her lawyer, not police.

http://denver.cbslocal.com/2013/03/1...detector-test/
Old 03-17-2013, 11:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Cheese View Post
This is the report from Melissa's father, that she had taken a poly, but as we see from the report a few posts up, she still hasn't given her statement to the police, and her brother in law doesn't even know where she is.

Trounce said Miller took a lie detector test Thursday afternoon at the request of her lawyer, not police.

http://denver.cbslocal.com/2013/03/1...detector-test/
This must be so frustrating for Annie's family. They are trying to do everything they can to find her.
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Bythebook For This Useful Post:
Old 03-17-2013, 05:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by i8mypaint View Post
One thing I have not realized until recently is just how much open space Colorado has.
Yes, we do have a lot of open space in this area. Wheat Ridge itself has a greenbelt along Clear Creek that is very popular with bikers, walkers and birdwatchers. I just got back from a walking my dog in that greenbelt. Took one of the back trails and kept an eye out for anything out of the ordinary.
The Following 17 Users Say Thank You to Footwarrior For This Useful Post:
Old 03-17-2013, 06:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Footwarrior View Post
Yes, we do have a lot of open space in this area. Wheat Ridge itself has a greenbelt along Clear Creek that is very popular with bikers, walkers and birdwatchers. I just got back from a walking my dog in that greenbelt. Took one of the back trails and kept an eye out for anything out of the ordinary.
Thank you so much for looking. I do not know Annie, but am very concerned for her and her family. They sound like a very loving, caring family and so much want to find Annie.
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Bythebook For This Useful Post:
Old 03-18-2013, 02:55 AM

Quote:
The roommate was gone before we knew about this on Websleuths. Does it seem strange that no one has put out a missing flyer for her? I wonder if she has a job or works anywhere. She must have friends, family or neighbors that at least have a clue about what she looks like and where she might be. I thought Leann's face book might have a picture, but it really looks so bare, like it has been edited or parts deleted. I feel that finding the roommate will help find Leann, and hope that LE can make that happen soon.
Just wanted to mention that dependent upon her settings it's probably just that we can't see anything on her account because we are not "friends" with her. On one of her profile pictures (which is public due to the timeline switch at FB) you can see that 19 people "Liked" her photos, and there were 8 comments, iirc. So, she has at least that many friends through facebook, but she chose not to share that information with the public.

It is also why likely it says there are no photos in her albums - if they're set to "friends only" in permissions we wouldn't be able to see any of that either. It's the way my account is set up, except for the few pictures I've "opened up" due to wanting to share them with groups at FB where some people aren't my friends, or friends of friends, but have an interest in the pics themselves (pics from High School, pics from my old dance troupe, pics from musicals I was in at my old church, etc...)

IMO too many keep their FB accounts "public", frankly. It's sometimes risky when it comes to id theft and the like - or predators who are looking for young teens/kids...

ETA: It's also suggested NOT to have your FB set to public due to job searches and the like. That you still have some control or privacy when it comes to employers wanting to snoop you out before hiring/interviews.

Last edited by Redhead72; 03-18-2013 at 02:57 AM. Reason: to add
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Redhead72 For This Useful Post:
Old 03-18-2013, 06:22 PM

Checking in to see if there was anything new.

Where are you, Annie? Your friends and family are worried. We're worried too!

The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Tennlyn For This Useful Post:
Old 03-18-2013, 07:26 PM

Checking for any news on Annie. Just wondering what the average time is to process a truck and suv for evidence. I hope LE is getting some good tips and information, even if they are not letting the public know anything right now. Hoping for Annie to be located soon.
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Bythebook For This Useful Post:
Old 03-18-2013, 09:39 PM

http://denver.cbslocal.com/2013/03/1...h-of-her-home/

Investigators searched the home of a missing woman from Wheat Ridge again Monday morning.

Members of Leann “Annie” Meyer’s family were present during the search. A detective told CBS4 the house has not been released to the family yet.

One of Meyer’s friends also went through the house with investigators and told them nothing seemed out of place.
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to fhc For This Useful Post:
Old 03-19-2013, 06:55 AM
WS Moderator

Missing Woman's family organizes search from hotel room

http://www.thedenverchannel.com/news...rom-hotel-room

Posted: 03/19/2013
Last Updated: 5 hours ago
Jaclyn Allen

Quote:
WHEAT RIDGE, Colo. - The Meyer family has converted a crowded, Wheat Ridge hotel room into a war room.
The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to summer_breeze For This Useful Post:
Old 03-19-2013, 10:21 AM

Last week police found both of Annie's missing vehicles, but they would not say how they discovered the older-model truck.

Family members said it had apparently been sold to a man, but they don't know if Annie sold it.

Was the registration transferred? Probably not if it still had Annie's plates on it. I would definitely be talking to the person that supposedly bought the truck. How did he know it was for sale or get the truck? Who signed off on the registration or wrote a receipt? Who has insurance coverage on the truck? Were any of Annie's personal things still in the truck?
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Bythebook For This Useful Post:
Old 03-19-2013, 11:52 AM
Nosey in Central TX

fwiw, the plates go with the vehicle in this state (tx) not sure if that has changed in colorado,
Old 03-19-2013, 12:19 PM

In CO the seller is required to remove the plates from the vehicle.

I sure hope someone has been able to search the Craigslist archives for 1995 Toyota truck adds from that time range.
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Thinker22 For This Useful Post:
Old 03-19-2013, 12:20 PM

http://www.colorado.gov/cs/Satellite.../1201542320950

Selling

My Vehicle

Titling a Vehicle
Registering a Vehicle
License Plates
Online Educational Tools
Vehicle Record Searches
Emissions Information
Buying and Selling
Commercial Vehicle
Lienholders
Colorado Dealers
Rules and Regulations
Persons With Disabilities
CSTARS Committee

Text Increase Text Size Decrease Text Size

Buying and Selling

Remote Keyless Entry and Car Buyer's Responsibilities:

Check Motor Vehicle Verification System to confirm vehicle has not been reported stolen.
Check National Motor Vehicle Title Information System (Please note there is a fee for this service) to Research Vehicle History
Check National Insurance Crime Bureau to confirm vehicle has not been declared a total loss.
Go to the county motor vehicle office, in the county in which buyer lives, to obtain a temporary permit.
Buyer must present documents received from the seller (see Seller's Responsibilities below), proof of insurance, as well as Secure and Verifiable Identification, to the clerk to obtain the temporary permit.

Seller's Responsibilities:

(Provide the following items to the buyer)

The Colorado Certificate of Title.
If there is more than one owner named on the front of the Certificate of Title, all owners must print and sign their name as seller.
Enter purchase price and date.
After Hours Purchase C.R.S. 42-3-115(2)(b), C.R.S. 42-6-113; A buyer of a vehicle may operate a vehicle on the highway prior to registering the vehicle when:
The buyer has purchased the motor vehicle within the last 36 hours from a person who is not a licensed motor vehicle dealer.
The vehicle was purchased either on a Saturday, on a Sunday, on a legal holiday, or between 5p.m. and 8 a.m.
The vehicle is being driven from the place where the seller stored the vehicle to the place where the buyer intends to store the vehicle.
The buyer must carry in the vehicle:
A bill of sale that identifies the vehicle by year, make and VIN and shows the time and date of sale and is signed by both the buyer and the seller.
Proof of insurance.
Fill in the name(s) and addresses of the buyer at this time.
Complete odometer disclosure reading and indicator information on the Certificate of Title or it may be disclosed on the DR2173 Motor Vehicle Bill of Sale form which can be purchased through Standard Register at 303-860-8000.
An emissions inspection certificate is required if the buyer lives in an emissions area.
If the title has been branded “Rebuilt from Salvage”, the seller must complete the Rebuilt from Salvage Disclosure. If reason for Salvage is unknown, a vehicle record search must be completed to determine the reason the vehicle was salvaged.

Note- Seller keeps license plates[/color]

It looks like the seller keeps the plates in Colorado.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Bythebook For This Useful Post:
Old 03-19-2013, 12:48 PM

Where exactly did Annie live in Wheat Ridge?
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Footwarrior For This Useful Post:
Old 03-19-2013, 01:08 PM
Custom User Title goes here

I'm confused again.....

First we got told the older truck was located like this:

Quote:
Wheat Ridge police said on Wednesday they found Leann Meyer's truck in a parking lot in the area of West 72nd Avenue and Sheridan Boulevard.
http://www.9news.com/news/story.aspx?storyid=323477

Now the police are saying:

Quote:
Last week police found both of Annie's missing vehicles, but they would not say how they discovered the older-model truck.

Is this a case of bad reporting or a change of story?
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to AnonymousD For This Useful Post:
Old 03-19-2013, 01:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnonymousD View Post
I'm confused again.....

First we got told the older truck was located like this:

http://www.9news.com/news/story.aspx?storyid=323477

Now the police are saying:

Is this a case of bad reporting or a change of story?
I believe the first one, 9 & 10 News, stated where the truck was located. The 2nd one just says they are not saying how they located it.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Bythebook For This Useful Post:
Old 03-19-2013, 02:42 PM

Trying to get a map on here & still not able to do it.
The Following User Says Thank You to Bythebook For This Useful Post:
Old 03-19-2013, 04:57 PM

Bythebook - can you insert the link of the map? Here's what I did (if this works). I went to google maps and looked up the address where her truck was found (SHeridan and W 72nd),when the map came up, I clicked right next to the print icon, which is a little "link" icon (just like the one here that looks like a two link chain), and copied that. Came back here and clicked the "insert link" button, right above where I'm typing right now, and pasted the copied text. https://maps.google.com/maps?q=Sheri...+Colorado&z=16
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to anonymused For This Useful Post:
Old 03-19-2013, 04:59 PM

My first

Quote:
Originally Posted by anonymused View Post
Bythebook - can you insert the link of the map? Here's what I did (if this works). I went to google maps and looked up the address where her truck was found (SHeridan and W 72nd),when the map came up, I clicked right next to the print icon, which is a little "link" icon (just like the one here that looks like a two link chain), and copied that. Came back here and clicked the "insert link" button, right above where I'm typing right now, and pasted the copied text. https://maps.google.com/maps?q=Sheri...+Colorado&z=16
My first darned post here and it's not even a good one! lol
I don't come here to be enigmatic, I apparently just give tech advice.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to anonymused For This Useful Post: