Websleuths
Go Back   Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community > Crimes and Trials > Trials > Travis Alexander Trial - The State vs. Jodi Arias

Notices

Travis Alexander Trial - The State vs. Jodi Arias Jodi Arias is accused of shooting her ex-boyfriend in the face, stabbing him multiple times and slitting his throat from ear to ear. Her attorneys will argue she killed him in self-defense.


View Poll Results: What do you believe were the sequence of events?
Travis was stabbed, his throat slashed, and then he was shot 465 71.10%
Travis was shot and then he was stabbed and his throat was slashed 181 27.68%
Other 8 1.22%
Voters: 654. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #2826  
Old 03-31-2013, 12:46 PM
wilsodh wilsodh is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 157
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keyra6 View Post
flores-report-detailed-breakdown

4:00 am June 4, 2008 Weds Jodi arrives at Travisí house in a white rental car.
Morning June 4, 2008 Weds Zach Billings (Travis roommate) his day off work. Zach said he got up and returned (his) car rental he had been using. His car was being repaired after being in an accident. (Flores Page 17) NOTE: BOTH Jodi and Zach are driving car rentals during the same time to Travisí house.
Morning June 4, 2008 Weds Enrique said the last time he saw Travis was on Wednesday 2008
6-4-08. He said that he remembered talking to Travis that morning and Travis told him that he had a conference call scheduled that day. Travis also told Enrique that he hadnít slept very much, only getting about 45 minutes of sleep that night. (Flores Page 15).

Noon June 4, 2008 Weds Travis last outgoing text was to Chris Hughes about a very
important conference call for that evening.(Flores Pg 13)
1:40 pm June 4, 2008 Weds Jodi and Travis make sexually suggestive photos
3:00 pm June 4, 2008 Weds Zach returned to Travis house 1500 hrs./3pm (Flores Page 17)
4:00 pm June 4, 2008 Weds Zach went to his girlfriend, Mandyís house 1600 hrs/4pm (Flores Page 17)
4:19 pm June 4, 2008 Weds Last activity on Travisí LAPTOP was at 1619 hrs./4:19 pm
This consisted of email activity. (Flores Page 11)
5:29 pm June 4, 2008 Weds Time on the last photo of Travis alive
5:30 pm June 4, 2008 Weds Time on the photo of Travis bleeding on floor
I'm a bit behind the curve on the roommate. Did the roommate know that Jodi was present in the house?

Dave
  #2827  
Old 03-31-2013, 12:47 PM
geevee's Avatar
geevee geevee is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Planet Elsewhere
Posts: 5,448
Quote:
Originally Posted by wilsodh View Post
Haha! DUH!!

Dave
Why do you think the shower overhead light isn't on in the shower pictures, Dave? He even has it turned on when he's shaving before his shower, so he obviously uses it (it would be a cave even with the light on outside the shower, and if she's taking pictures of him, even with flash, you have to have other light on the subject, so why no overhead light? It means something.

I couldn't find a diagram of the whole bathroom either.

Pink Panther, all the pics of her were taken before the pics of him, and I think 2 pics (one of each of them) was so blurry you couldn't see what they were. One of the videos of that day's testimoney has all of the pics at the end (after court ended), don't recall who uploaded it, might have been tawnidilly, but you can screen shot them for there.

I'm thinking that the nudies were on the memory stick before she got to his place, one of the things she was going to give him, not sure about the shower photos but I can't figure the camera being in the bathroom if those weren't taken then.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to geevee For This Useful Post:
  #2828  
Old 03-31-2013, 12:56 PM
geevee's Avatar
geevee geevee is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Planet Elsewhere
Posts: 5,448
Quote:
Originally Posted by wilsodh View Post
I'm a bit behind the curve on the roommate. Did the roommate know that Jodi was present in the house?

Dave
No, he had two roomates and neither saw or heard her, nor saw her car parked anywhere, and unless there's another set of stairs going upstairs, both had to have walked past the doorway to his room every day before he was discovered on the 5th day, and neither smelled anything until the door was opened that night.
The Following User Says Thank You to geevee For This Useful Post:
  #2829  
Old 03-31-2013, 12:56 PM
wilsodh wilsodh is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 157
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pink Panther View Post
This diagram does not include the entire bathroom but it shows the shower and the sink area where the shaving photo was taken:

http://s1352.photobucket.com/user/ta...ml?sort=3&o=39
Thanks! That helps orient. Now we can see where Jodi was standing to take the black and white photo and the reverse-image of the shower in the mirror..

Dave
The Following User Says Thank You to wilsodh For This Useful Post:
  #2830  
Old 03-31-2013, 01:06 PM
wilsodh wilsodh is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 157
Quote:
Originally Posted by geevee View Post
No, he had two roomates and neither saw or heard her, nor saw her car parked anywhere, and unless there's another set of stairs going upstairs, both had to have walked past the doorway to his room every day before he was discovered on the 5th day, and neither smelled anything until the door was opened that night.
I'm guessing this has been covered in detail elsewhere, but doesn't it seem strange that neither roommate knew she was at the house? She arrives at 4am (there would have been some noise), there's some interaction between the roommates and Travis, she has a car, but neither knew she was present in their house?

The reason I find this interesting is that Jodi's plan included pretending to the world that she was not in Arizona on June 4th. The roommates were a wild card she couldn't have fully comprehended in her planning. Sounds quite risky. One slip-up or one moment of bad timing and her alibi is blown.

Perhaps that's why she arrived at such an odd hour.. to be stealthy and keep her presence hidden from the roomies...

Dave
The Following User Says Thank You to wilsodh For This Useful Post:
  #2831  
Old 03-31-2013, 01:08 PM
geevee's Avatar
geevee geevee is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Planet Elsewhere
Posts: 5,448
Quote:
Originally Posted by wilsodh View Post
Looks like some sort of artifact similar to what we see in the upper right corner. Its tough when we don't have the original digital images to work from

Dave
<snipped>

The upper right is glare from the projector but also it looks like flash glare bouncing off the shower door, doesn't it? On the left at the very top is something metallic, I made sure the picture wasn't moving when I screen shot it and did it a couple times to be sure it was on the photo itself and not glare or any other thing. Look at the blow up of the dragging pic's corner and the metallic object in it, it's the same shape, and look to the left of that, something else is there that was either too close for the camera to focus or was intentionally obfuscated later.
  #2832  
Old 03-31-2013, 01:10 PM
Pink Panther Pink Panther is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 10,553
Ok. I flipped the shaving pic and magically, the shower door is where it should be...Also, she did not take the picture in the mirror. She took it facing directly at him.

I am going to try to post the "flipped" picture.

__________________

Last edited by Pink Panther; 03-31-2013 at 01:20 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to Pink Panther For This Useful Post:
  #2833  
Old 03-31-2013, 01:12 PM
geevee's Avatar
geevee geevee is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Planet Elsewhere
Posts: 5,448
Quote:
Originally Posted by wilsodh View Post
I'm guessing this has been covered in detail elsewhere, but doesn't it seem strange that neither roommate knew she was at the house? She arrives at 4am (there would have been some noise), there's some interaction between the roommates and Travis, she has a car, but neither knew she was present in their house?

The reason I find this interesting is that Jodi's plan included pretending to the world that she was not in Arizona on June 4th. The roommates were a wild card she couldn't have fully comprehended in her planning. Sounds quite risky. One slip-up or one moment of bad timing and her alibi is blown.

Perhaps that's why she arrived at such an odd hour.. to be stealthy and keep her presence hidden from the roomies...

Dave
Enrique had a pretty set schedule, left the house around 6:00 a.m. and returned around between 6:00 - 6:30 (I believe he uses public transport for work), Zack was off that day (the 4th), he'd been in an accident and had a rental car and was returning it that morning, here's the link to Flores report, you can get a good amount of info from that:

http://wildabouttrial.com/wp-content...ion-Report.pdf
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to geevee For This Useful Post:
  #2834  
Old 03-31-2013, 01:15 PM
Pink Panther Pink Panther is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 10,553
Regarding the flipped picture. I had assumed that TA was left-handed. In fact, he was not. He was right-handed.

moo
__________________
  #2835  
Old 03-31-2013, 01:17 PM
wilsodh wilsodh is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 157
Quote:
Originally Posted by geevee View Post
Why do you think the shower overhead light isn't on in the shower pictures, Dave? He even has it turned on when he's shaving before his shower, so he obviously uses it (it would be a cave even with the light on outside the shower, and if she's taking pictures of him, even with flash, you have to have other light on the subject, so why no overhead light? It means something.
You raise an interesting point geevee. The shower light must be on a different circuit than the vanity lights, unless the bulb was simply burned out. Going out on a limb here, but Jodi might have thought concealing the gun and bringing it out to shoot Travis would be a bit easier if the shower stall wasn't fully lit. From Travis' perspective in the shower, Jodi would have been back-lit and more shadowy with the shower light turned off.

If I'm Jodi, I would want every possible advantage, including lighting.

Dave
  #2836  
Old 03-31-2013, 01:22 PM
Pink Panther Pink Panther is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 10,553
Quote:
Originally Posted by geevee View Post
No, he had two roomates and neither saw or heard her, nor saw her car parked anywhere, and unless there's another set of stairs going upstairs, both had to have walked past the doorway to his room every day before he was discovered on the 5th day, and neither smelled anything until the door was opened that night.
Quote:
Originally Posted by wilsodh View Post
You raise an interesting point geevee. The shower light must be on a different circuit than the vanity lights, unless the bulb was simply burned out. Going out on a limb here, but Jodi might have thought concealing the gun and bringing it out to shoot Travis would be a bit easier if the shower stall wasn't fully lit. From Travis' perspective in the shower, Jodi would have been back-lit and more shadowy with the shower light turned off.

If I'm Jodi, I would want every possible advantage, including lighting.

Dave
I don't understand why you think the light is off. All of the pics are taken from an angle that don't include the ceiling or the light. The photos are dim because the lighting level is low and they were taken without flash.

moo
__________________
The Following User Says Thank You to Pink Panther For This Useful Post:
  #2837  
Old 03-31-2013, 01:24 PM
geevee's Avatar
geevee geevee is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Planet Elsewhere
Posts: 5,448
Quote:
Originally Posted by wilsodh View Post
You raise an interesting point geevee. The shower light must be on a different circuit than the vanity lights, unless the bulb was simply burned out. Going out on a limb here, but Jodi might have thought concealing the gun and bringing it out to shoot Travis would be a bit easier if the shower stall wasn't fully lit. From Travis' perspective in the shower, Jodi would have been back-lit and more shadowy with the shower light turned off.

If I'm Jodi, I would want every possible advantage, including lighting.

Dave
Maybe so, she might have been afraid of light glinting off a gun or knife (ala Psycho) but unless having the light off worked with his modesty over having pics taken at all, it just seems like that would have made him suspicious. But heck, she has something in her hand during this so at some point I think he knew something was going on and maybe trying to figure a way out of it.
The Following User Says Thank You to geevee For This Useful Post:
  #2838  
Old 03-31-2013, 01:25 PM
Pink Panther Pink Panther is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 10,553
Quote:
Originally Posted by geevee View Post
Look in other shower pics, that overhead light is not on - why not? And what is she holding in her left hand when taking the pictures (you can see it in the pic I posted above, looks like it has two screws on the bottom of it).
What do you mean "And what is she holding in her left hand when taking the pictures"???

I don't understand what you are referring to?
__________________
  #2839  
Old 03-31-2013, 01:27 PM
geevee's Avatar
geevee geevee is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Planet Elsewhere
Posts: 5,448
I can't see any overhead light here, or shadows to indicate any light from above (except the outer bath ceiling light):

  #2840  
Old 03-31-2013, 01:28 PM
Harmony2's Avatar
Harmony2 Harmony2 is offline
WS Moderator
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 6,105
This thread will close in ten minutes. It has gotten lengthy and I am going to create a new one. I will be back with the link in a bit...
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Harmony2 For This Useful Post:
  #2841  
Old 03-31-2013, 01:31 PM
geevee's Avatar
geevee geevee is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Planet Elsewhere
Posts: 5,448
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pink Panther View Post
What do you mean "And what is she holding in her left hand when taking the pictures"???

I don't understand what you are referring to?
Look at the pic I posted of him in the shower, on the very upper left edge you can see metal, looks like two screw heads close together when seen from the side, look at the blow up pic below it with the corner of the dragging pic, same shape of metal.
  #2842  
Old 03-31-2013, 01:40 PM
Pink Panther Pink Panther is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 10,553
Quote:
Originally Posted by geevee View Post
I can't see any overhead light here, or shadows to indicate any light from above (except the outer bath ceiling light):

There is no ceiling in this picture at all. There is light in the photograph so there is a light source.

moo
__________________
  #2843  
Old 03-31-2013, 01:41 PM
Pink Panther Pink Panther is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 10,553
Quote:
Originally Posted by geevee View Post
Look at the pic I posted of him in the shower, on the very upper left edge you can see metal, looks like two screw heads close together when seen from the side, look at the blow up pic below it with the corner of the dragging pic, same shape of metal.
Could it be something from the projector in court?
__________________
  #2844  
Old 03-31-2013, 01:42 PM
Harmony2's Avatar
Harmony2 Harmony2 is offline
WS Moderator
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 6,105
This thread is closed... please continue on the new thread...

Jodi Arias; the sequence of events #2 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community
Closed Thread

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Will Jodi Arias take the stand? nursebeeme Travis Alexander Trial - The State vs. Jodi Arias 53 04-12-2013 11:44 PM
Travis Alexander and Jodi Arias - What do you believe? gaia227 Travis Alexander Trial - The State vs. Jodi Arias 813 02-07-2013 07:43 PM
Jodi Arias Trial discussion, #2 Steely Dan Travis Alexander Trial - The State vs. Jodi Arias 1109 01-09-2013 08:40 AM
Sequence of Events Questioned TLynn JonBenet Ramsey 99 02-28-2005 04:36 PM


© Copyright Websleuths 1999-2012 New To Site? Need Help?
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:54 PM.

Advertisements

Pre-Order Imperfect Justice: Prosecuting Casey Anthony today!