Identified! TX - Fort Bend Co, WhtFem 17-30, UP4510, 2 duffel bags of clothing, Dec'84 - Peggy Ann Dodd

If this Jane Doe is a victim of Christopher Wilder, she would have had to have gone missing during the four day period from 21-Mar-1984 to 25-Mar-1984.

* Wilder was in Bainbridge GA on 20-Mar-1984 with a Florida State co-ed whom he kidnapped in Talahassee FL. She was able to lock herself in a motel bathroom and make a lot of noise before he fled, leaving her behind.

* He was in Beaumont TX on 21-Mar-84, where he approached 24-year old Terry Walden about posing as a model. She turned him down.

* Two days later 23-Mar-84, Terry Walden disappeared. Her body was found three days later.

* On 25-Mar-84, 21-year old Suzanne Logan was kidnapped and murdered in Oklahoma City.

* By 29-Mar-84, he was in Colorado Springs, where he took 18-year old Sheryl Bonaventura. She was later found dead in Utah.​

There was a two-day window between when Wilder first approached Terry Walden, and when he came back to abduct her. Fort Bend County is about 120 miles southwest of Beaumont TX, so he would have had to divert course to the southwest before doubling back and heading north.

Here is a map showing the route that he took between 18-Mar-84 (when he abducted 21-year old Terry Ferguson in Satellite Beach FL) and 13-Apr-84 (when he died in Colebrook NH). This route doesn't include the hypothetical course diversion to Fort Bend County.

Christopher Wilder Rampage Route - Google Maps

I agree this girl looks a lot like the sketch but wouldn't the dental work quickly rule her either in or out?

Regarding age estimates, there was a female victim found near here several years ago and authorities estimated her age at something like 25-35. When the remains were finally identified, it turned out that she was only around 13.

I agree this girl looks a lot like the sketch but wouldn't the dental work quickly rule her either in or out?

Regarding age estimates, there was a female victim found near here several years ago and authorities estimated her age at something like 25-35. When the remains were finally identified, it turned out that she was only around 13.

One would think so, but it depends on whether they have dentals on Sandy Rea. She is not listed in NamUs, and DoeNet doesn't indicate what (if anything) they have on her.

The dentals on Jane Doe are pretty simple: All four wisdom teeth removed, a silver crown on a lower left molar (#19), and a filling in a lower right molar (#30).

If this Jane Doe is a victim of Christopher Wilder, she would have had to have gone missing during the four day period from 21-Mar-1984 to 25-Mar-1984.
* Wilder was in Bainbridge GA on 20-Mar-1984 with a Florida State co-ed whom he kidnapped in Talahassee FL. She was able to lock herself in a motel bathroom and make a lot of noise before he fled, leaving her behind.

* He was in Beaumont TX on 21-Mar-84, where he approached 24-year old Terry Walden about posing as a model. She turned him down.

* Two days later 23-Mar-84, Terry Walden disappeared. Her body was found three days later.

* On 25-Mar-84, 21-year old Suzanne Logan was kidnapped and murdered in Oklahoma City.

* By 29-Mar-84, he was in Colorado Springs, where he took 18-year old Sheryl Bonaventura. She was later found dead in Utah.
There was a two-day window between when Wilder first approached Terry Walden, and when he came back to abduct her. Fort Bend County is about 120 miles southwest of Beaumont TX, so he would have had to divert course to the southwest before doubling back and heading north.

Here is a map showing the route that he took between 18-Mar-84 (when he abducted 21-year old Terry Ferguson in Satellite Beach FL) and 13-Apr-84 (when he died in Colebrook NH). This route doesn't include the hypothetical course diversion to Fort Bend County.

Christopher Wilder Rampage Route - Google Maps
That sounds good.I was never really convinced Terry Walden was a Wilder victim because she wasn't into modeling or beauty pagents and I have never heard of him putting his victims in the same county he abducted them.But you never know.

I spoke with Kristin Fabry regarding the possible match of this case to Sandy Pathresa Rea. She says that she put in a message with Shawnee OK authorities, and they never returned her message. She says that she will inquire again.

But bottom line is that there is not a confirmation or rule-out on this possible match yet.

I think we should also take a look at Kathleen Randall:

https://www.findthemissing.org/cases/715/218/

She was hitchhiking, abused substances, could be the sketch.
She seems a little too tall, but again, I'm left to wonder because the UID is supposedly my size and wearing size 7 clothes?

82UFTX.jpg

Ah, webrocket, thanks! That info seems to be missing from her Namus profile. :s

I knew that from another thread where I thought Kathleen was a match.

Sandy Pathresa Rea

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/r/rea_sandy.html
82UFTX.jpg
82UFTX1.jpg
rea_sandy.jpg

• She has a very similar facial structure at the cheekbones and has a strong chin (as does the UID). FWIW, her nose is similar too, although I'm not sure what to make of that since the remains were skeletal.
  • Her height (5'2") is within the UID's range (4'10" to 5'2")
  • Her weight (111 lbs) is at the upper margin (90 to 110)
  • Her age (17) is within DoeNet's range (17 - 25), although the NamUs estimate is 20 to 30.
  • She had light brown hair of approximately the same length as depicted for the UID.
  • The UID was found about 450 miles straight down I-35 from her hometown of Shawnee OK. Shawnee, OK to Fort Bend, TX - Google Maps
  • The timeframe between DLC and Discovery Date is 94 days (about 3 months). This is a bit tighter than the estimated postmortem interval of 6-12 months, but I do not think it is too tight to be reasonable.

Also, I'm not sure what the artist is trying to depict at the right corner of the UID's mouth. Maybe a cigarette? There is no indication in the description that the UID was a smoker, but we do know that Sandy Rea was a cigarette smoker.

From the Wizard Wells (Jack County) Jane Doe (83UFTX) thread:

while the Namus profile for the UID has no one listed as a rule out, I have been advised that she is NOT Sandy Rea. for the record, Sandy had 5 fillings which were not present in the UID.

Since this Fort Bend County Jane Doe had a filling in only one tooth, and a crown in another, we can likely exclude Sandy Rea as a match in this case as well.

https://identifyus.org/cases/4510

The case of Sondra Ramber caught my eye. Her weight, height, and picture are all a little off. Plus, she went missing in October which is a little over the 12 months and also probably too cold for cut-offs. HOWEVER, she was aspiring to be a model and had just finished modeling school, so all of this talk about modeling and designer clothes made me think of her.

https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/1859/552/

The case of Sondra Ramber caught my eye. Her weight, height, and picture are all a little off. Plus, she went missing in October which is a little over the 12 months and also probably too cold for cut-offs. HOWEVER, she was aspiring to be a model and had just finished modeling school, so all of this talk about modeling and designer clothes made me think of her.

https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/1859/552/

Not necessarily too cold for cut-offs. Here's an archive link to weather in Galveston on Oct 26, 1983. High 69F Low 57F Mean 63F. The day before and the day after highs were in the 70s.

http://www.wunderground.com/history...tml?req_city=NA&req_state=NA&req_statename=NA

The circumstances are a bit off, but Carol Leigh Woolsoncroft fits the demographics: 20 years old, 5' and 115 lbs, light brown hair, went missing August 7, 1984. She also has a strong jaw and prominent chin.

Attachments

• 82UFTX 1984.jpg
    82UFTX 1984.jpg
    5.8 KB · Views: 27
  • CLWoolsoncroft FLA 1984.jpg
    CLWoolsoncroft FLA 1984.jpg
    9.3 KB · Views: 31
The circumstances are a bit off, but Carol Leigh Woolsoncroft fits the demographics: 20 years old, 5' and 115 lbs, light brown hair, went missing August 7, 1984. She also has a strong jaw and prominent chin.

I posted the possible match with Carol Leigh Woolsoncroft on her thread earlier today before finding this thread. I do not think the demographics are any more off than with the other suggested matches. The timing is excellent and if she did choose to disappear from Florida, then Houston would be a reasonable route to the west coast. The real issue is no one knows whether Carol chose to leave or something else happened, and there seem no details online about clothing or dentals (although NAMUS does say dentals are to be entered).

I would definitely consider this one worth a closer look.

82UFTX - Unidentified Female
EB1CD6C2-D78E-495A-AE62-BE0EC867F9FB.jpegDD201C7A-171F-4F27-8E40-B749CB32CBC0.jpeg
Reconstructions of the decedent by Karen T. Taylor
Date of Discovery: December 22, 1985
Location of Discovery: Fort Bend County, Texas
Estimated Date of Death: 6 - 12 months prior
State of Remains: Skeletal
Cause of Death: Unknown

Physical Description
Estimated Age: 17-30 years old
Race: Unknown
Sex: Female
Height: 4'10 to 5'5""
Weight: 90 to 110 lbs.
Hair Color: Light brown
Eye Color: Unknown
Distinguishing Marks/Features: Unknown

Identifiers
Dentals: Available. Tooth #19 had a silver cap.
Fingerprints: Not available.
DNA: Unknown.

Clothing & Personal Items
Clothing: Gloria Vanderbilt cutoff jeans (size 7), bikini panties (size 6), Ocean Pacific T-shirt with the brand's logo imprinted on the front and cap sleeves, white ankle socks, and silver-colored athletic shoes (size 6).
Jewelry: Unknown
Additional Personal Items: Two McGregorduffel bags were discovered near her body, one red and one blue. Both contained various items of designer clothing in size 7, belts, blue silk nightgowns, bathing suits, shoes and a Sears1200 hair dryer.

Circumstances of Discovery
The decedent's skeletal remains were located next to a tree in a pasture north of FM 762, almost a mile east of SH 59 in Fort Bend County.

It is believed she was traveling, based on the duffel bags found near the remains.

Investigating Agency(s)
Agency Name: Harris County Institute of Forensic Sciences
Agency Contact Person: Sharon Derrick
Agency Phone Number: 713-796-6774 or 713-796-6858
Agency E-Mail: N/A
Agency Case Number: PA84-0404

Agency Name: Fort Bend County Sheriff's Office
Agency Contact Person: N/A
Agency Phone Number: 281-341-4646
Agency Case Number: C31927

Agency Name: Fort Bend County Justice of the Peace
Agency Phone Number: 281-494-7169
Agency Case Number: Unknown

Agency Name: Texas Department of Public Safety
Agency Phone Number: 512-424-5074
Agency Case Number: U8708003

NCIC Case Number: U258583582
NamUs Case Number: 4510

Information Source(s)
NamUs
TXDPS
Harris County Institute of Forensic Sciences

Admin Notes
Added: Prior to 2005; Last Updated: 7/24/18

NamUs #UP4510
70CA8C4C-E600-4F3B-96FC-0A46F57F562F.jpegD15FA17D-C274-4ACD-8136-8A8F252100BC.jpeg
Estimated Age Group: Adult - Pre 40
Estimated Age Range (Years): 17-30
Estimated Year of Death: 1984
Estimated PMI: 12 Months
Estimated Height: 5' 0" (60 inches)
Estimated Weight: 100 lbs

Circumstances of Recovery: Found in a rural area, pasture; approximately 800 yards off of paved road. Remains were located next to a tree. Two duffle bags located next to the remains indicating the deceased was traveling.

1 Missing Person Exclusion
MP2919 Kimberly Doss 1982 Scott IA

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member