Did Travis know Arias was coming to his house the night he was murdered?

Did Travis know Arias was coming to his home the night she murdered him?

• Yes, he knew.

Votes: 106 12.2%
  • No, he didn't know.

Votes: 632 72.7%
  • Other combination (yes and no)

Votes: 46 5.3%
  • I don't know

Votes: 85 9.8%

• Total voters
I thought she said that on the last call they talked mostly about Gordon Hinckley. Travis didn't want Jodi there.

I voted no. As others have said, she could not risk Travis maybe mentioning her intention to come.

I think the phone calls were Spidey attempts to make sure he was at home and intended to be there at the time she anticipated arriving.

She wanted to make sure if he was there or not, what his plans were, so that she could plan her entrance and the ensuing murder accordingly.

ETA I picture her talking to him on the phone over some manufactured BS or another while pretending to him she was a thousand miles away on the road, headed to her alibi plans all the while gaining intell on her intended victim and his plans for the day.

bbm: exactly~! I hold this opinion as well. (esp in light of the way she used Ryan B, etc to try to make Travis jealous..)

No, he did not know.

There would be no reason for there to be no phone activity in Arizona if he knew she was coming to Mesa.

There would be no reason for her not to stop for gas in Az if he knew she was coming.

If he had known there would have been phone conversations back and forth between the two as she traveled there.

In fact I am now convinced we will really never know a lot of things that happened. Even the day he was murdered.

I no longer believe she arrived when she said she did. I think she checked his history file or backspaced and knew he had been watching youtube videos at 4am.
I no longer even believe they had sex that day.
For all I know he may not have even known she was there until she snapped the photo of him laying on his made up bed. He did not look happy imo.
For all I know he could have told her right then to get the hell out and she returned later on........hid somewhere in the house and waited for him to take a shower. It wasn't beneath her to creep around peering in windows and hiding in closets. She knew his habits and she knew that house like the palm of her hand.

She knew most likely he would be upstairs in his master suite.

As this trial has progress I don't believe one thing she said happened except that she killed Travis.

IMO

No, no, no. After the last 41 minute phone call on the 2nd of June, TA never called her again -- all calls after that are to him from JA (most under three minutes). I think she was going to voicemail -- he was not answering her calls.

I bet he blasted her again during that last call. It may have been even worse than the anger he had when he texted her. I wish we knew what happened. It had to be awful for him to be this upset where he told her he was going to expose her for the evil person she is to her family and friends. Remember JA was husband shopping too...so she wouldn't want to be exposed for what she is. They had the same circle of friends. She wanted a Mormon husband.

Something caused Travis to be very very upset with JA. I bet he told her 'I mean it this time......don't you ever call my number again and if you do I'm not going to answer.'

My thoughts exactly!

No, he did not know.

There would be no reason for there to be no phone activity in Arizona if he knew she was coming to Mesa.

There would be no reason for her not to stop for gas in Az if he knew she was coming.

If he had known there would have been phone conversations back and forth between the two as she traveled there.

In fact I am now convinced we will really never know a lot of things that happened. Even the day he was murdered.

I no longer believe she arrived when she said she did. I think she checked his history file or backspaced and knew he had been watching youtube videos at 4am.
For all I know he may not have even known she was there until she snapped the photo of him laying on his made up bed. He did not look happy imo.
For all I know he could have told her right then to get the hell out and she returned later on........hid somewhere in the house and waited for him to take a shower. It wasn't beneath her to creep around peering in windows and hiding in closets. She knew his habits and she knew that house like the palm of her hand.

As this trial has progress I don't believe one thing she said happened except that she killed Travis.

IMO

no from me,i agree that the phonecalls were only made to make sure he was at home.

No, he did not know.

IMO

I feel the exact same way OBE

OK - maybe the phone calls were only to make sure he was at home. But what was guaranteeing he stayed there? How would she know he wasn't entertaining another female guest? Did she plan to kill her too? I dunno. I see it more like she told him she had to come to Mesa say to pick up something from Rachel - or somebody, and said she just wanted to come by and say good bye for old times' sake. And Travis, being the good guy sap that he was, said OK. And then one thing led to another "for the last time, and I'll take some pics of you for modeling purposes" or whatever...and basically lures him into bed and the shower. She even might have thought he would miss her so much (or miss her body so much) that he would be ready for Round 3 and she basically laid all her cards on the table and said she wanted to start over in Cancun. Travis said no, and we all know what happened after that. I just think counting on Travis to be home was way too iffy.

He knew because she left voice mail messages. He didn't believe it because he thought she couldn't get the money for such a trip, AND because she's such a liar.

I voted "no" he didn't know.

You don't plan a murder, drive all that way undetected with murder weapons and an alibi and tell the person you are going to kill you are on your way. Too dangerous. He may have texted her saying "hey, are you almost here"?

If he was expecting her I believe there would have been more phone communication as she got closer to his house. She says he supposedly waited up for him. If he did I think there would have been texting back and forth or calls. "hey Travis, I should be there in another hour, just stopping for gas". You know...the kind of communication "normal" people would have on a road trip.

I think he was sleeping when she got there and she got in through the doggie door and crawled naked into his bed and "woke" him up if you know what I mean. Prior to that I think she checked his computer and that is why there is activity on it at 4 a.m. Stalk his email, then go look at something innocuous such as YouTube then go hop in bed and start her seduction. Sex was the only thing she had.

So if he wasn't answering her calls, how could she know his roommates weren't there?

OK - maybe the phone calls were only to make sure he was at home. But what was guaranteeing he stayed there? How would she know he wasn't entertaining another female guest? Did she plan to kill her too? I dunno. I see it more like she told him she had to come to Mesa say to pick up something from Rachel - or somebody, and said she just wanted to come by and say good bye for old times' sake. And Travis, being the good guy sap that he was, said OK. And then one thing led to another "for the last time, and I'll take some pics of you for modeling purposes" or whatever...and basically lures him into bed and the shower. She even might have thought he would miss her so much (or miss her body so much) that he would be ready for Round 3 and she basically laid all her cards on the table and said she wanted to start over in Cancun. Travis said no, and we all know what happened after that. I just think counting on Travis to be home was way too iffy.

The thing with JA is that I do believe she was a stalker and she did know alot of TA daily routines. She would know alot about what he did on a daily basis as far as times he worked, went to church and other activities. She had been talking to him in length earlier in May so she did know what his travel plans were and I am sure she knew he wasn't going away anywhere before Cancun.

As far as him entertaining a woman I really do not believe he was having sex with other women. I know that he did with her, but don't believe he was having sex with all the women JA is claiming in her defence. I do believe he talked, emailed and texted women but what is wrong with having girls as friends.

The luring part into bed and shower I believe could have happened but as far as her just showing up I do believe that she did. :moo:

It probably seems like a wimpy vote (the yes/no choice), but I simply don't know how to answer this.

Reason: I have never been able to reconcile how Jodi knew that Travis would be alone for most of the day so that she had time to "fool around" with Travis, take photos, do the deed, clean up, do laundry, etc. without being discovered. :waitasec:

It probably seems like a wimpy vote (the yes/no choice), but I simply don't know how to answer this.

Reason: I have never been able to reconcile how Jodi knew that Travis would be alone for most of the day so that she had time to "fool around" with Travis, take photos, do the deed, clean up, do laundry, etc. without being discovered. :waitasec:

I agree. I also think Jodi likely told Travis ahead of time (albeit perhaps not until the final phone call) and was confident that Travis wasn't going to tell anyone -- he wouldn't have wanted any of his friends, who didn't like Jodi, to know about her visit or to guess what they were up to sexually, and he certainly didn't want Mimi to find out he was still in contact with Jodi, as I'm sure he was hoping she might change her mind about being "just friends" while they were in Cancun. Jodi figured her status as a "dirty little secret" would protect her.

I do not think Travis knew she was coming. I think that she did arrive at 3:00AM or 4:00 AM and watched him through the window as he watched some videos on his computer. I remember his roommate saying that Travis had told him that he had not gotten much sleep that night. I think that JA waited until the roommate left for work and the showed up on his doorstep giving him an appology for whatever caused the May 28th text messages. Maybe she hand delivered the check LE found in Travis desk. Once she got in the door she more than likley played the sex card.

If Travis knew she was coming in that early in the morning, he would have been calling checking up on her to make sure she did not run into any kind of trouble on the road.

No because JA couldn't have taken the risk that Travis told someone she was coming over

This is the best and most likely reason that he had no idea she was coming to his house, plus I think she snuck in through the doggie door again. As far as doing something about the doggie door after she got in that way other times, he probably felt safe since she was living so far away in another state.

I don't think he really wanted to see her... So she didn't let him know she was coming...

However... On another WS thread... There is reported evidence from HLN that JA made quite a few phone calls (to TA) on her trip...

I don't know what to think of that...

JMO

I think she wanted to make sure he would be home.

No, he did not know.

IMO

Agree totally. I don't think they had sex that day, and I think he awoke to her taking pictures of him and he was not happy about it.

No, no, no. After the last 41 minute phone call on the 2nd of June, TA never called her again -- all calls after that are to him from JA (most under three minutes). I think she was going to voicemail -- he was not answering her calls.

I saw the 4 or 5 calls she made to him on the 3rd, and as you said were very short. Do we know WHERE she was when she made those calls? Pinging off a cell tower NOT located in AZ I presume?

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back