Websleuths
Go Back   Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community > Crimes and Trials > Darlie Routier

Notices

Darlie Routier Darlie Routier is on death row, convicted of murdering her two sons. Darlie claims that an intruder attacked her and the boys and is responsible. Many feel Darlie deserves a new trial. Discuss it here.


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #126  
Old 01-08-2006, 02:10 AM
beesy's Avatar
beesy beesy is offline
myspace.com/beesy_boo
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: small town, VA
Posts: 1,826
Quote:
Originally Posted by deandaniellws
Ok..dumb me...where are the glamor shots?
I looked on both sites, but couldn't find any of them. Do you have any of the books?
__________________
Beesy Was Here

So I held my head up high
Hiding hate that burns inside
Which only fuels their selfish pride
We're all held captive
Out from the sun
A sun that shines on only some
We the meek are all in one
Creed
My Own Prison

Reply With Quote
  #127  
Old 01-08-2006, 05:25 AM
deanws deanws is offline
Former Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 11,409
Quote:
Originally Posted by beesy
I looked on both sites, but couldn't find any of them. Do you have any of the books?
Not yet...but some have been mailed to me and should arrive shortly!
Reply With Quote
  #128  
Old 01-08-2006, 12:55 PM
Goody Goody is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Tennessee
Posts: 3,678
Quote:
Originally Posted by beesy
No, I'm talking about the business called Glamour Shots, where regular people go and expect to be turned into movie stars. This place plasters on makeup and teases one's hair up to the sky and then you "strike a pose". I would hardly call these professional photos, although I guess officially they are. If you want to be turned into a caricature, then that's the place to go.
The photos at the prison are a whole different matter.
I guess it is all in one's perception of what "cheap looking" is. I have never found them offensive, so maybe I am not a good person to discuss it with. Of course, some Hollywood types made fun of Tammy Wynette for having a velvet painting on the wall in her home, but I remember when those things came out. Us working class peons thought they were so cool. My mother actually made me a peacock with beads and feathers on black velvet and it hung in my house for years. I never thought of us as being "cheap trailer trash" but maybe we were. They say you can't see yourself as clearly as you see others.
__________________

"The difference between fiction and reality? Fiction has to make sense." - Tom Clancy
__________________
This is the humble opinion of Goody Trugritt.
Reply With Quote
  #129  
Old 01-08-2006, 01:07 PM
Goody Goody is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Tennessee
Posts: 3,678
Quote:
Originally Posted by beesy
No, I'm talking about the business called Glamour Shots, where regular people go and expect to be turned into movie stars. This place plasters on makeup and teases one's hair up to the sky and then you "strike a pose". I would hardly call these professional photos, although I guess officially they are. If you want to be turned into a caricature, then that's the place to go.
The photos at the prison are a whole different matter.
The photos have been taken down on the darlie site and I can't get into justicefordarlie.net. They must be adding something. Try again tomorrow.
__________________

"The difference between fiction and reality? Fiction has to make sense." - Tom Clancy
__________________
This is the humble opinion of Goody Trugritt.
Reply With Quote
  #130  
Old 01-08-2006, 02:45 PM
deanws deanws is offline
Former Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 11,409
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goody
The photos have been taken down on the darlie site and I can't get into justicefordarlie.net. They must be adding something. Try again tomorrow.
I looked at every picture on that site last night. No glamour shots.
Reply With Quote
  #131  
Old 01-08-2006, 02:56 PM
deanws deanws is offline
Former Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 11,409
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goody
I guess it is all in one's perception of what "cheap looking" is. I have never found them offensive, so maybe I am not a good person to discuss it with. Of course, some Hollywood types made fun of Tammy Wynette for having a velvet painting on the wall in her home, but I remember when those things came out. Us working class peons thought they were so cool. My mother actually made me a peacock with beads and feathers on black velvet and it hung in my house for years. I never thought of us as being "cheap trailer trash" but maybe we were. They say you can't see yourself as clearly as you see others.
Hey...at the time those were really in. Everyone including Hugh Hefner had them. So did Elvis. They were not trashy at the time. I think your mom making this for you was wonderful. Protect it if it is in your attic. Your great grandchildren will laugh and enjoy it. In my opinion...everything has its time. The show Dallas was nothing but a continuous stream of big hair, boobs, huge shoulder pads and show off bad behavior. That was the times back then. If some want to call it trashy...well then maybe they are not old enough to remember a time when it was "the thing". I do think wearing a thong in your yard is kind of trashy. But....that is my opinion.
Reply With Quote
  #132  
Old 01-08-2006, 02:57 PM
nanandjim nanandjim is offline
Former Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: USA
Posts: 16,383
Quote:
Originally Posted by deandaniellws
...Dolly has talent. She sings and she can act. She is heads above Lonnie.
Dolly is a talented songwriter, too. Lonnie Anderson said that she was offered far more jobs as a blonde. That's why she changed her looks--for her career.
Reply With Quote
  #133  
Old 01-08-2006, 02:58 PM
nanandjim nanandjim is offline
Former Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: USA
Posts: 16,383
Quote:
Originally Posted by beesy
No, I'm talking about the business called Glamour Shots, where regular people go and expect to be turned into movie stars. This place plasters on makeup and teases one's hair up to the sky and then you "strike a pose". I would hardly call these professional photos, although I guess officially they are. If you want to be turned into a caricature, then that's the place to go.
The photos at the prison are a whole different matter.
I had "Glamour Shots" and they turned out fantastic. I hate to sound conceited, but I look like a model in mine. That being said, they are not going to be able to perform miracles and make a fat person look thin or a homely person look gorgeous.

I went with a co-worker of mine, and she hated her photos. However, I thought that they made her look better than she looked in "real life."
Reply With Quote
  #134  
Old 01-08-2006, 03:00 PM
deanws deanws is offline
Former Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 11,409
Quote:
Originally Posted by nanandjim
Dolly is a talented songwriter, too. Lonnie Anderson said that she was offered far more jobs as a blonde. That's why she changed her looks--for her career.
Speaking of Dolly....Working 9-5 is on right now! I am watching it. "I am going to change you from a rooster to a hen in one shot!" Gosh....I love that line. I love Dolly. She is just precious!!!
Reply With Quote
  #135  
Old 01-08-2006, 03:08 PM
Goody Goody is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Tennessee
Posts: 3,678
Quote:
Originally Posted by deandaniellws
I looked at every picture on that site last night. No glamour shots.
There are some very nice photos of the family and poses with just the boys. Maybe they are in one of the books or on some of these TV shows. Darlie looks just beautiful in them.
__________________

"The difference between fiction and reality? Fiction has to make sense." - Tom Clancy
__________________
This is the humble opinion of Goody Trugritt.
Reply With Quote
  #136  
Old 01-08-2006, 03:09 PM
Goody Goody is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Tennessee
Posts: 3,678
Quote:
Originally Posted by deandaniellws
Hey...at the time those were really in. Everyone including Hugh Hefner had them. So did Elvis. They were not trashy at the time. I think your mom making this for you was wonderful. Protect it if it is in your attic. Your great grandchildren will laugh and enjoy it. In my opinion...everything has its time. The show Dallas was nothing but a continuous stream of big hair, boobs, huge shoulder pads and show off bad behavior. That was the times back then. If some want to call it trashy...well then maybe they are not old enough to remember a time when it was "the thing". I do think wearing a thong in your yard is kind of trashy. But....that is my opinion.
How about strutting in it all over your neighborhood? hahahahahahahah!
__________________

"The difference between fiction and reality? Fiction has to make sense." - Tom Clancy
__________________
This is the humble opinion of Goody Trugritt.
Reply With Quote
  #137  
Old 01-08-2006, 03:11 PM
Goody Goody is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Tennessee
Posts: 3,678
Quote:
Originally Posted by nanandjim
Dolly is a talented songwriter, too. Lonnie Anderson said that she was offered far more jobs as a blonde. That's why she changed her looks--for her career.
Yes, Hollywood likes it's blonde bombshells, but how demeaning. To be constantly exploited for a buck....it might be better than slinging hash in a local diner but, gees, not very appealing to me.
__________________

"The difference between fiction and reality? Fiction has to make sense." - Tom Clancy
__________________
This is the humble opinion of Goody Trugritt.
Reply With Quote
  #138  
Old 01-08-2006, 03:13 PM
Goody Goody is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Tennessee
Posts: 3,678
Quote:
Originally Posted by nanandjim
I had "Glamour Shots" and they turned out fantastic. I hate to sound conceited, but I look like a model in mine. That being said, they are not going to be able to perform miracles and make a fat person look thin or a homely person look gorgeous.

I went with a co-worker of mine, and she hated her photos. However, I thought that they made her look better than she looked in "real life."
That is what they are supposed to do. Make you look better than you actually do. I don't see anything cheap about them.
__________________

"The difference between fiction and reality? Fiction has to make sense." - Tom Clancy
__________________
This is the humble opinion of Goody Trugritt.
Reply With Quote
  #139  
Old 01-08-2006, 03:14 PM
Goody Goody is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Tennessee
Posts: 3,678
Quote:
Originally Posted by deandaniellws
Speaking of Dolly....Working 9-5 is on right now! I am watching it. "I am going to change you from a rooster to a hen in one shot!" Gosh....I love that line. I love Dolly. She is just precious!!!
My favorite line in a movie was Kathy Bates in that Leno movie when she called some studio suit a "dickless wonder"! hahahahahhhah. I laugh everytime I think of that one.
__________________

"The difference between fiction and reality? Fiction has to make sense." - Tom Clancy
__________________
This is the humble opinion of Goody Trugritt.
Reply With Quote
  #140  
Old 01-08-2006, 03:17 PM
Goody Goody is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Tennessee
Posts: 3,678
Dolly is also a very successful business woman. She owns Dollywood and makes a lot of the decisions herself. She has certain charities she helps thru the amusement park and they reach out to the community in various chidren's projects. Dolly never forgot her roots and never thought she was better from whence she came. I admire her in a zillion ways.
__________________

"The difference between fiction and reality? Fiction has to make sense." - Tom Clancy
__________________
This is the humble opinion of Goody Trugritt.
Reply With Quote
  #141  
Old 01-08-2006, 03:31 PM
deanws deanws is offline
Former Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 11,409
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goody
There are some very nice photos of the family and poses with just the boys. Maybe they are in one of the books or on some of these TV shows. Darlie looks just beautiful in them.
The boys look so cute. It is all very sad.
Reply With Quote
  #142  
Old 01-08-2006, 03:39 PM
deanws deanws is offline
Former Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 11,409
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goody
Dolly is also a very successful business woman. She owns Dollywood and makes a lot of the decisions herself. She has certain charities she helps thru the amusement park and they reach out to the community in various chidren's projects. Dolly never forgot her roots and never thought she was better from whence she came. I admire her in a zillion ways.
I would love to go there. My sister and my mother have both visted Dollywood. One day I am going to see it.
Reply With Quote
  #143  
Old 01-08-2006, 08:17 PM
beesy's Avatar
beesy beesy is offline
myspace.com/beesy_boo
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: small town, VA
Posts: 1,826
[quote=nanandjim]
Quote:
I had "Glamour Shots" and they turned out fantastic. I hate to sound conceited, but I look like a model in mine. That being said, they are not going to be able to perform miracles and make a fat person look thin or a homely person look gorgeous
well, of course you think you do. Haha, teasing..

__________________
Beesy Was Here

So I held my head up high
Hiding hate that burns inside
Which only fuels their selfish pride
We're all held captive
Out from the sun
A sun that shines on only some
We the meek are all in one
Creed
My Own Prison

Reply With Quote
  #144  
Old 01-08-2006, 08:19 PM
beesy's Avatar
beesy beesy is offline
myspace.com/beesy_boo
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: small town, VA
Posts: 1,826
Quote:
Originally Posted by deandaniellws
Speaking of Dolly....Working 9-5 is on right now! I am watching it. "I am going to change you from a rooster to a hen in one shot!" Gosh....I love that line. I love Dolly. She is just precious!!!
She was great in Steel Magnolias. "I haven't been out of the house without lycra on these thighs since I was 17". Might not be an exact quote, but it's close.
__________________
Beesy Was Here

So I held my head up high
Hiding hate that burns inside
Which only fuels their selfish pride
We're all held captive
Out from the sun
A sun that shines on only some
We the meek are all in one
Creed
My Own Prison

Reply With Quote
  #145  
Old 01-08-2006, 08:26 PM
beesy's Avatar
beesy beesy is offline
myspace.com/beesy_boo
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: small town, VA
Posts: 1,826
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goody
I guess it is all in one's perception of what "cheap looking" is. I have never found them offensive, so maybe I am not a good person to discuss it with. Of course, some Hollywood types made fun of Tammy Wynette for having a velvet painting on the wall in her home, but I remember when those things came out. Us working class peons thought they were so cool. My mother actually made me a peacock with beads and feathers on black velvet and it hung in my house for years. I never thought of us as being "cheap trailer trash" but maybe we were. They say you can't see yourself as clearly as you see others.
Yes, black velvet paintings were great in their day. So were parachute pants in the 80's.
But, Goody anything that you can buy at roadside gas stations has had it's day and then some.
__________________
Beesy Was Here

So I held my head up high
Hiding hate that burns inside
Which only fuels their selfish pride
We're all held captive
Out from the sun
A sun that shines on only some
We the meek are all in one
Creed
My Own Prison

Reply With Quote
  #146  
Old 01-08-2006, 09:23 PM
cami's Avatar
cami cami is offline
Keep your fork......
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: In the Atlantic
Posts: 2,582
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goody
No, you are saying that she looks cheap BECAUSE she killed her children. If she hadn't done that you all wouldn't think twice about that look. You'd have an each to his own attitude.


I am just wanting to take an objective look at who Darlie was before the murders, at evidence that is laying just below the surface. But I guess if you reeeeeeeally don't want to, you don't have to.

I am just saying to set all that aside while looking at certain elements, but I guess if you reeeeeeeally don't want to, you don't have to.


It is called Hollywood bull feces.




Maybe.


You are kidding. Looking cheap is all Dolly ever talks about. She is the most down to earth entertainer I have ever seen. Lonnie, on the other hand, believed her own hype. I think she was jealous of Dolly because rumors had Burt Reynolds (Lonnie fiance at the time) linked to both women romantically. They had to make a personal appearance with Burt over the Best Little Whorehouse In Texas movie, I think. I can't tell you how many times Lonnie rolled her eyes and sighed rudely over comments Dolly made about herself being cheap. Like Lonnie thought she was so much better than Dolly. And there was Burt stuck in the middle. hahahahahah.

Years later when Dolly was promoting her book, someone asked her if she had told the whole truth. She replied, "Shoot, no! If I had, I'd have hung myself and five others." She is such a character! She could buy and sell Lonnie Anderson countless times over. That is the best part!!!!

But I agree. Dolly doesn't look cheap and neither does Darlie in those glamour shots.
get a grip goody I am not, she looks cheap period. and we have only been exposed to her in the context of killing her kids. If she hadn't killed her kids, you, me, none of us would even know who she is would we. I have never heard dolly talk about looking cheap so no I am not kidding--honest I never have or if I have I've forgotten. I don't follow that sort of thing. It doesn't interest me in the least. I do like Dolly that's all, she was good in those movies and she's a good singer I suppose if you like her type of voice--I don't. And once again, I could care less what Darlie was like before she killed her children or now that she's been convicted. It just doesn't mean that much to me. As for Lonnie I've seen her in one movie and on that stupid WKRP that's it. I don't watch sitcoms--I don't find them remotely funny. WEll Cheers was good as was Friends but those are the only two. I really am Hollywood illiterate. I prefer to watch sports or documentaries on tv.

You go for it though girl, do your thing. I hope you find what motivated Darlie to kill her kids.
Reply With Quote
  #147  
Old 01-09-2006, 07:50 AM
Goody Goody is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Tennessee
Posts: 3,678
Quote:
Originally Posted by cami
get a grip goody I am not, she looks cheap period. and we have only been exposed to her in the context of killing her kids. If she hadn't killed her kids, you, me, none of us would even know who she is would we. I have never heard dolly talk about looking cheap so no I am not kidding--honest I never have or if I have I've forgotten. I don't follow that sort of thing. It doesn't interest me in the least. I do like Dolly that's all, she was good in those movies and she's a good singer I suppose if you like her type of voice--I don't. And once again, I could care less what Darlie was like before she killed her children or now that she's been convicted. It just doesn't mean that much to me. As for Lonnie I've seen her in one movie and on that stupid WKRP that's it. I don't watch sitcoms--I don't find them remotely funny. WEll Cheers was good as was Friends but those are the only two. I really am Hollywood illiterate. I prefer to watch sports or documentaries on tv.

You go for it though girl, do your thing. I hope you find what motivated Darlie to kill her kids.
Me, too. But if Darlie looks cheap when she is all decked out, so does Dolly (and I love her to death because those feet of hers are so well rooted) and so does Lonnie. Now if Darlie walked around looking like Pamela Anderson, I'd agree with you. (She probably did in that thong bikini <grin>)

I don't watch sitcoms either. Borrrrring! Give me a good whodunit or docs anyday. I also like some of the reality shows. (But Jerry Seinfeld was good hahaha)
__________________

"The difference between fiction and reality? Fiction has to make sense." - Tom Clancy
__________________
This is the humble opinion of Goody Trugritt.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


© Copyright Websleuths 1999-2012 New To Site? Need Help?
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:13 PM.

Advertisements

Pre-Order Imperfect Justice: Prosecuting Casey Anthony today!