GUILTY OH - Disabled mom & child held captive for 2 years, Ashland, 2013

Mother And Child Allegedly Held Captive In Ohio House For 2 Years, Threatened With Reptile Attacks

At a press conference Tuesday, federal prosecutors and detectives from the Ashland Police Department said the mother and her 6-year-old child were subjected to beatings, death threats and reptile attacks during their two-year captivity.

Officials at the news conference broadcast by WKYC said the captors "recruited the victims" to come live with them. The mother — whose name has not been released — had "significant physical vulnerabilities" and became disabled after a childhood injury and functions at the level of a 13- or 14-year-old, officials said.

Read more: http://www.businessinsider.com/mother-and-child-captive-in-ashland-house-2013-6#ixzz2Wau5eC7R

Feds: Mother, child held captive in Ashland freed

Two men and a woman were named and charged for "repeatedly exposing the woman and her child to sub-human beatings," according to federal officials.

Jordie L. Callahan, 26, Jessica L. Hunt, 31, and Daniel J. Brown, 33, aka D.J. Brown were all arrested Monday and charged with forced labor.

Callahan is charged with an additional count of tampering with a witness.

A fourth person has been charged but officials are not yet releasing that person's name.

Officials say the woman and her daughter were "...threatened with weapons, pit bulls and snakes...and they were treated worse than the animals in the home..."

more at link ................. http://www.wkyc.com/news/article/303287/3/Feds-Mother-child-held-captive-in-Ashland-freed

What a nightmare, this is beyond horrible. Those monsters should be thrown into a cell full of snakes.

Absolutely horrible...so glad they have rescued this poor mother and child. To abuse the disabled is the lowest of the low...

Mother And Child Allegedly Held Captive In Ohio House For 2 Years, Threatened With Reptile Attacks

At a press conference Tuesday, federal prosecutors and detectives from the Ashland Police Department said the mother and her 6-year-old child were subjected to beatings, death threats and reptile attacks during their two-year captivity.

Officials at the news conference broadcast by WKYC said the captors "recruited the victims" to come live with them. The mother — whose name has not been released — had "significant physical vulnerabilities" and became disabled after a childhood injury and functions at the level of a 13- or 14-year-old, officials said.

Read more: http://www.businessinsider.com/mother-and-child-captive-in-ashland-house-2013-6#ixzz2Wau5eC7R

BBM

And the father of the child is?

How did she happen to become pregnant?

Dang it! She "shoplifted" a candy bar and when LE was called asked to be put into jail!

And that was in October of last year!

Thank goodness for the officer who continued investigating this. But still they weren't rescued until May!

4 adults, 5 kids, several pit bulls, a 130 pound Burmese python, a poisonous coral snake and several iguanas all in a 2 bedroom apartment.

And it gets worse from there. Much much worse!

Feds: 3 enslaved mother and child in Ohio, threatened them with snakes, pit bulls, and an iguana

The captors also starved the mother and child, and once bashed the mother's hand so she could get pain medication for them. At least three times, the abductors injured the mother in order to get her pain medication.

The mother and child were also forced to share a "bedroom" -- there was no bed or mattress -- with a large iguana.

A U.S. Attorney in Cleveland announced the arrests of the alleged captors, Jordie L. Callahan, 26, Jessica L. Hunt, 31, and Daniel J. Brown, 33, on Tuesday. They are charged with forced labor, and Callahan has a witness tampering charge.

Callahan and Hunt stole the mother's government benefit payments and used them up, as well, according to the U.S. Attorney's office.

Hunt's four young sons also lived in the two-bedroom home.

more at link .............. http://blog.al.com/wire/2013/06/3_accused_of_enslaving_mother.html

Why are they withholding the 4th person's name?

Is it one of Hunt's minor children?

Just Saw this on CNN, disgusting.. and i can only imagine the horror we'll be hearing

"Three people -- 26-year-old Jordie Callahan, 31-year-old Jessica Hunt and 33-year-old Daniel Brown -- are charged with forced labor. Callahan is facing an additional count of witness tampering, and another arrest could come soon, the U.S. attorney's office in Cleveland said."

Omg, this is horrible! This poor woman and her child.
Smashing their hands with canned goods so that she would be prescribed pain medication
I wonder why their only being charged with "forced labor"? Shouldn't they be charged with kidnapping too since they kept them in a room with a padlock?

These people are scum and are stealing our oxygen!

What about assault? Child abuse?

I'd be chucking everything in the book I possibly could at this pack of so-and-so's.

I am so so glad mom and child are out of this situation, but for the life of me I cannot figure out how it took police 7 months to get her out. What am I missing?

If you see Mjskit's post above, it says that mom & baby were taken out of there. Incredibly sad that she begged to go to jail when caught stealing a candy bar.

I wonder if she has any family, or if she felt like she couldn't call them for some reason?

Here's another fb page

https://www.facebook.com/jessica.hunt.9406

My bad. Have to read more thoroughly before I post. One brave woman-she had a chance to get herself and her child out of that situation and she took it.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarpSleuth
Back