What the School Staff and students say about the morning Kyron went missing

Status
Not open for further replies.
I find it interesting that Kyron's little friend also thought he was going to the doctor. There seems to be some confusion as to exactly what was going on all around that morning. That furthers my suspicions that confusion might have been the intent.

The school staff has said very little. Other than this, I think there are a couple statements about staff and contractors not wearing visitor badges that morning.

"Portland Public Schools spokesperson Matt Shelby told KATU News, "Two teachers were the last school staff to see Kyron at Skyline. His own teacher and another teacher saw him inside the school with his stepmother, and there didn't appear to be anything out of the ordinary.”

http://www.katu.com/news/local/98981009.html

- Portland Public Schools spokesman Matt Shelby said Horman was at school Friday and Portland Public Schools sent out an automated phone call to all Skyline parents alerting them to the missing boy.

- According to the sheriff’s office, the stepmother saw the boy walking toward his classroom as she left the building but officials with Portland Public Schools said Horman’s teacher never saw him in class which started at 10 a.m. The teacher marked him absent.

http://www.katu.com/news/95669809.html

"However attendance records show the child was listed as absent. A spokesman for the Portland Public Schools said two teachers saw Kyron with his stepmother and thought the two left school together."
http://www.allheadlinenews.com/articles/7018917245#ixzz0qBUW84xk

Video Transcription - Principal - criminal investigation reference in press conference of June 8

Reporter: Were there any strangers inside the school Friday morning?

Principal: You know I appreciate people wanting to ask questions about that day, and there's a ongoing criminal investigation, and I'm being asked not to provide details that would compromise that.

Reporter: Were all adults required to sign in and have name tags Friday morning?

Principal: Once again, same, same thing.

Reporter: That's a school policy thing, I mean it's, you're a school.

Principal: Yeah if you want to talk about in general for large school events (interrupted by LE)

LE (interrupting): We appreciate, yeah, we appreciate the questions and (video cuts off)

I put a sticky of all LE press conference links in the reference forum, if you'd like to see the video:
All LE Press Conferences Raw Videos, Audios, Transcripts: Updated Sunday July 4 1020 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

[re: red bolded]

I wonder why they thought that ... only because he wasn't there after the science fair? or something else entirely ...

I keep having to remind myself that LE has far more information than anyone else. And that in time they will decide what to do with that information. We have bits and pieces. Let's all hope it is soon that the pieces make a big puzzle complete.

[re: red bolded]

I wonder why they thought that ... only because he wasn't there after the science fair? or something else entirely ...
Apparently Terri told Kyron's teacher the appointment was for that day (June 4) and when she and the other teacher saw Kyron leave with Terri, that made sense to Kyron's teacher. Accordingly, the teacher marked Kyron absent, based on Terri's word, and there was no confusion for the school until the bus driver called that afternoon stating that Kyron's parent's were worried because he wasn't on the bus.

In my opinion, Terri thought that she had created an alibi and also figured she would do what practiced liars do...deny, deny, deny. I'm sure she was telling her family that there was no way in he@@ that she had told Kyron's teacher or Kyron's little friend, K, that June 4 was the day of Kyron's doctors appointment.

I wonder, was it Terri or Kaine who called K's mom around 4:30 asking about Kyron. Imagine the confusion his little friend and his mom felt.

Liars of many stripes use the technique of confusion and denial. I firmly believe that this is what Terri did, and as the retired LE officer, McCain said, it shows premeditation on her part.

It shows just to what lengths she was willing to go to "disappear Kaine and Desiree's son. It's really beyond comprehension. And so sad.

These are my OPINIONS

Apparently Terri told Kyron's teacher the appointment was for that day (June 4) and when she and the other teacher saw Kyron leave with Terri, that made sense to Kyron's teacher. Accordingly, the teacher marked Kyron absent, based on Terri's word, and there was no confusion for the school until the bus driver called that afternoon stating that Kyron's parent's were worried because he wasn't on the bus.

Terri's friend stated that Terri said she told the teacher about the appointment the day before (June 3) that the appointment was on June 11:

Finster said Horman had told Kyron's teacher the day before that she was taking the boy to the doctor on Friday, June 11, and gave the teacher paperwork to fill out related to the appointment.

Finster said that when Kyron didn't show up at the bus the afternoon of June 4, Horman talked to the teacher who said she thought that Horman had taken Kyron to the doctor that day. Horman told Finster that the child's teacher was new, in her first year of teaching, and was hard of hearing in one ear. "She doesn't know if she understood her," Finster said.

http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/index.ssf/2010/06/friend_says_terry_moulton_horm.html

The school staff has said very little. Other than this, I think there are a couple statements about staff and contractors not wearing visitor badges that morning.

"Portland Public Schools spokesperson Matt Shelby told KATU News, "Two teachers were the last school staff to see Kyron at Skyline. His own teacher and another teacher saw him inside the school with his stepmother, and there didn't appear to be anything out of the ordinary.”

- Portland Public Schools spokesman Matt Shelby said Horman was at school Friday and Portland Public Schools sent out an automated phone call to all Skyline parents alerting them to the missing boy.

- According to the sheriff’s office, the stepmother saw the boy walking toward his classroom as she left the building but officials with Portland Public Schools said Horman’s teacher never saw him in class which started at 10 a.m. The teacher marked him absent.

http://www.katu.com/news/95669809.html

"However attendance records show the child was listed as absent. A spokesman for the Portland Public Schools said two teachers saw Kyron with his stepmother and thought the two left school together."
http://www.allheadlinenews.com/articles/7018917245#ixzz0qBUW84xk

Video Transcription - Principal - criminal investigation reference in press conference of June 8

Reporter: Were there any strangers inside the school Friday morning?

Principal: You know I appreciate people wanting to ask questions about that day, and there's a ongoing criminal investigation, and I'm being asked not to provide details that would compromise that.

Reporter: Were all adults required to sign in and have name tags Friday morning?

Principal: Once again, same, same thing.

Reporter: That's a school policy thing, I mean it's, you're a school.

Principal: Yeah if you want to talk about in general for large school events (interrupted by LE)

LE (interrupting): We appreciate, yeah, we appreciate the questions and (video cuts off)

I put a sticky of all LE press conference links in the reference forum, if you'd like to see the video:
All LE Press Conferences Raw Videos, Audios, Transcripts: Updated Sunday July 4 1020 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

BeanE thanks for bringing this back for another look see. Lots of interrupting in this press conference. That is good news. That tells me LE knows things that they don't want anyone except those responsible to know, or the witnesses. It helps them get to the truth to withold facts.

We might as posters want to know and it would help us have a better understanding of this case. But my opinion is if LE felt it was important to not let certain facts out it helps them either find Kyron or seek justice for that little cutie we have all fallen in love with.

This information, if true, would knock me off the fence!!! The ABC reporter says that their affiliate, KATU, learned of the multiple teachers and students (paraphrasing) telling LE that TH said Kyron had a Dr.'s appt THAT day... however, I am not finding that information in any of the KATU articles... guess I'm still on the fence! :waitasec:

Yes, I read this, but the only quotes in the article are the school official which said nothing about a dr.'s appt, and the quote from the mom that was repeating what her son said the teacher said... that leaves me on the fence. They had the school source right there but did not quote anything about an appointment??

Yep, if that was true, I'd leap right off the fence too. I can't give it credence though because it's an ABC reporter saying that a Katu reporter said that unnamed teachers and students said that LE said that Terri said... oh heck I can't even remember. And then you go to the Katu article to try to begin tracking it down, and it's not even there!

The Whisper-Down-The-Lane and flat out misleading reporting has gotten beyond ridiculous. It's a disservice to Kyron. Give us some real journalism and real information!!!

I think it is interesting that early on in the case someone commented in a news blog that TH said she was taking Kyron to an appointment THAT DAY. I think LE is trying to keep a lid on this so as to keep the investigation under control. But I won't be surprised if we find out that this was an issue since Day One.

If this turns out to be fact, I can't for the life of me figure out how anyone thought they could get away with doing that???

Okay, I have to say that I may have gotten this wrong because we can't go back and read the comment anymore. I can't guarantee my memory is serving me right. A comment was made, that much I remember. I'm not being a very good example to y'all tonight.

Okay, I have to say that I may have gotten this wrong because we can't go back and read the comment anymore. I can't guarantee my memory is serving me right. A comment was made, that much I remember. I'm not being a very good example to y'all tonight.

You're always a good example, Kimmie!

:blowkiss:

Terri's friend stated that Terri said she told the teacher about the appointment the day before (June 3):

Finster said Horman had told Kyron's teacher the day before that she was taking the boy to the doctor on Friday, June 11, and gave the teacher paperwork to fill out related to the appointment.

Finster said that when Kyron didn't show up at the bus the afternoon of June 4, Horman talked to the teacher who said she thought that Horman had taken Kyron to the doctor that day. Horman told Finster that the child's teacher was new, in her first year of teaching, and was hard of hearing in one ear. "She doesn't know if she understood her," Finster said.

http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/index.ssf/2010/06/friend_says_terry_moulton_horm.html

Yes, and it seems to be that Terri will tell anyone, including her family and friends, anything; even letting Finster go on television and lie for her, which is what I believe she was doing, whether Finster knew it or not.

I really believe, BeanE, that Terri intentionally and deliberately told different people different things; the main plan being to claim that the teacher misunderstood which Friday Kyron would be gone for his doctor's appointment. This Terri would claim after the fact.

As for the school day of June 4, she wanted Kyron's teacher to be under the impression that Kyron was with her at his doctor's appointment.

My OPINION.

Terri's friend stated that Terri said she told the teacher about the appointment the day before (June 3):

Isn't this hearsay or second or third hand information? We don't really know what Terri told the teacher. We only know what Finster told the reporter that Terri said she told the teacher. Right?

The thing is that unless the teacher speaks out, we aren't really going to know for sure. I think I had this in my mind as the reason the school didn't think much about Kyron not showing up for class.

Man, I wish we knew more.

So, in that case, do we have anything other than the ABC article specifying that Terri told the teacher that day? The ABC article says it's in the Katu article, but when you look in the Katu article... it's not there.

I'm not finding anything else saying that Terri said the appointment was that day.

That's for when the appointment was.

For when Terri told the teacher, we have JF saying that Terri said she told the teacher on June 3.

We also have Unnamed Sources saying that LE said that unnamed teachers and classmates said that Terri told the teacher on June 4.

Yes, and it seems to be that Terri will tell anyone, including her family and friends, anything; even letting Finster go on television and lie for her, which is what I believe she was doing, whether Finster knew it or not.

I really believe, BeanE, that Terri intentionally and deliberately told different people different things; the main plan being to claim that the teacher misunderstood which Friday Kyron would be gone for his doctor's appointment. This Terri would claim after the fact.

As for the school day of June 4, she wanted Kyron's teacher to be under the impression that Kyron was with her at his doctor's appointment.

My OPINION.

If this is true, and she was this smart and this cunning about her plan, could she have not come up with a better alibi than driving around baby K to soothe her earache?

If I hypothesize that Terri is responsible in full for Kyron's abduction, then it becomes clear to me that she went to the school to establish an alibi. Otherwise, she would've said he was playing in the yard, she went inside to tend to baby K, and when she came back, he was gone. That would've been easier and in a way less risky to carry out than snatching him from a school full of people. There is plenty of precedent for children being taken from their yards and even their homes, but much less precedent for a child being abducted from a school. So, in my mind, if she did this, she chose the school because she wanted an alibi, she wanted to put the attention somewhere else. The plan is risky. It's a busy day and so there will be a lot of people, that's true, but it's a busy day and there will be more people in more areas of the school, more cars in the parking lot, more chances to be seen. It's risky as hell, but if you hypothesize that she's guilty, she decides this is the only way she can pull it off and not look guilty. Why, then, would she draw attention to herself by creating confusion about the doctor's appointment? So the school wouldn't call? They didn't normally call if a child was absent. She could have just as easily banked on the no-call policy. Or she could have given LE the story about the earache or said she was running errands, and could've conveniently "missed" a call from the school about Kyron missing. As it stands, there's not that much time unaccounted for. If she's guilty, she did whatever she did rather quickly. Her intentionally creating confusion about the doctor's appointment puts attention directly on her, something I believe she was avoiding, if she's guilty, and she used taking him to school as her alibi.

It just doesn't make sense to me that she'd put an already risky plan into effect, a plan that hinges on no one seeing her leave with Kyron, and then directly implicate herself by being sloppy about the doctor's appointment.

In all honesty, it behooves the school, the administration, and the teachers to say Terri misled them. They certainly don't want to bear any responsibility for this mess.

If Terri gave the teacher paperwork related to the doctor's appointment, why didn't she pick it up? How can she be both so solid and sloppy in her planning? The two extremes are nearly unfathomable in this case. And what of Kyron's friend "T" who witnessed the exchange between the teacher and helper. If everyone knew Kyron was at his doctor's appointment, why wasn't that the teacher's initial response when asked where Kyron was that morning?

Isn't this hearsay or second or third hand information? We don't really know what Terri told the teacher. We only know what Finster told the reporter that Terri said she told the teacher. Right?

That's correct. That's from Finster, who was allegedly told by Terri. It's like the knee bone connected to the thigh bone etc etc etc keeping track of who said what! lol.

Terri herself has never said anything, nor has the teacher. The school staff has never commented about the appointment.

From the article:

“And the teacher said, ‘I thought he left with his mom,’ because they thought they had a doctor appointment,” Holm said."

It would be foolish of Ms. Holm to repeat what the teacher said if it were not true. It could so easily be debunked by the teacher. These new stories paint the picture, with direct words and also common sense, that the school has defended itself.

This article, along with the abc show interview on this subject with former Officer McCain, paints the picture of a woman who went to great lengths to create the illusion with Skyline school personnel and students that Kyron would not be there on June 4, due to a doctor's appointment. After, of course, she and Kyron made an appearance at the school for the fair.

It is all just so evil, in my OPINION.

The thing is that unless the teacher speaks out, we aren't really going to know for sure. I think I had this in my mind as the reason the school didn't think much about Kyron not showing up for class.

Man, I wish we knew more.

I agree, I think finding actual statements from the school or teachers would have to have been made on the 4th. Before Matt Shelby started speaking for the school we had Rob Cowie who stated that LE asked the school to not to make any comments.

snipped..

"It was unclear when the boy was reported absent. Robb Cowie, Portland Public Schools communications director, said school officials were asked by law enforcement not to comment on any details because it might impede the investigation"

http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/index.ssf/2010/06/search_for_missing_portland_bo.html

"According to sources, investigators believe Terri Horman was vague about which Friday she was referring to when she gave notice to the school Kyron would be gone and only after he was missing did she clarify that the doctor’s appointment was on June 11, the Friday after the science fair."

Why would Terri do this?

Why would she do this??

To cause confusion, which apparently worked

I keep bringing this up too. TP's statements were made in the very beginning about what was said after getting back to the room once the SF tour was over. Why is the teacher so sure now that she thought the Dr appt was that day, she wasn't in the beginning if TP's account is true?

http://video.aol.ca/video-detail/in...-of-kyron-horman/2091168039/?icid=VIDURVNWS08

What could have happened was this: a student says "Oh no, we're only five, where's Kyron?" and the adult says he's probably in the bathroom, getting a drink, because that's normally where kids are when they're not with their group - but she still checks in with Kyron's regular teacher who tells her Kyron had a doctor's appointment and left with his mother. So that's why she wasn't sure in the moment where he was and assumed he was in the restroom, but later was sure he'd gone to the doctor.

I also think it would be natural for Kyron to tell his friend K he had a doctor's appointment if K asked Kyron if he was going to be in the talent show. Kyron could have said, no, I'm going to the doctor.

I wonder, was it Terri or Kaine who called K's mom around 4:30 asking about Kyron. Imagine the confusion his little friend and his mom felt.

respectfully snipped.

I don't believe it was either one. I believe this is referring to the automated recorded call that went out to everyone from Skyline, (and, inadvertently, to some homes with children who attend other schools in the district.) It was a recording that said, "Kyron Horman did not get off the bus today." or something to that effect.

Here's a link: http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-504083_162-20006912-504083.html

and a quote:
"Portland Public Schools sent out automated telephone alerts to parents, asking them to keep an eye out for the Kyron. A message also asked them to come to the school Sunday, to meet with detectives."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VT_Squire