Deceased/Not Found CA - Sierra LaMar, 15, Morgan Hill, 16 March 2012 #9 *A. Garcia-Torres guilty*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm gonna have to disagree. If this was an in the street abduction and she dropped anything...Its an abduction. Who cares if she leaves something that only contains her fingerprints/DNA on it. Whether they are found now or later or never, the main goal was to abduct SL.

Especially since the phone and bag were left to be found anyway...there was no way, IMO, to know that Sierra would not be known to be missing for 11 hours or so...even if the person happened to know the school policy, they wouldn't have any way of knowing that Sierra was not in regular contact during the day with her mom and that her mom would not call the school much earlier... making me believe that she probably went willingly at first...

I know it is possible that a total stranger was able to take her in an instant without a sign, but I don't see it , personally. She was not a 7-yr old, she is 15 and a pretty street-smart girl, probably. I think there would be likely to be SOME sign of an altercation...JMOJMOJMO

The search for LaMar continued this weekend, with more than 600 volunteers helping search, pass out fliers and promote fundraising efforts, according to the KlaasKids Foundation, which is organizing the volunteers.
More than 56 volunteer search teams went out, extending the search radius to 20 miles from Sierra's home, foundation officials said.
The search will continue on Wednesday and next Saturday and Sunday. Volunteers can check in between 8 a.m. and 1 p.m. at Burnettt Elementary School at 85 Tilton Road in Morgan Hill.
http://www.ktvu.com/news/news/crime-law/morgan-hill-missing-teen-observes-sad-milestone/nMZqg/

Does anyone know why the parents didn't find out that she was not at school until 6:30-6:45? Is there really someone at school calling people at those hours? Do Both of them work 10 hour days? Seems like a long day to me. Especially on a friday.

If you lived in a cul de sac and were headed out in the morning and saw someone's schoolbooks scattered in the street, and a purse and cell phone at the entrance to the driveway, wouldn't you think that something was wrong? Taking 10 seconds to gather the stuff she dropped and throw it in the car is time well spent, IMO.

I sure would. I would call the police immediately after I checked to see if anyone was home at the residence... especially if I had never seen books scattered there before.

IMO

Does anyone know why the parents didn't find out that she was not at school until 6:30-6:45? Is there really someone at school calling people at those hours? Do Both of them work 10 hour days? Seems like a long day to me. Especially on a friday.

Our school district uses an automated system, and they call at about 6:00 p.m. to notify us of absences.

That is the way her school system works.

They notify the parents at the end of the school day.

I bet they change that policy now because of Sierra.

In those amount of hours Sierra could be hundreds of miles away with the perp.

IMO

There are several disturbing similarities about these cases. Both of their cell phones were found too easily. Both abducted girls should have dropped their lunchbox, JC tote, and books when attacked. Neither girl supposedly did this and Holly's lunchbox and Sierra's tote/books were later found discarded within a short distance.

Here is another odd similarity. Why did the supposed abductors toss out Holly's lunchbox and Sierra's tote bag? If an officer stopped them, they were already in possession of the most incriminating evidence (the girls). Why not dump their lunchbox and tote with their bodies? (Their cellphones had been previously discarded.)

Good points! Yes, it is odd the similarities! Add to that that both were taken from locations considered out-of-the-way. Scent of victims did not go far (Holly just to the woods). No one saw a car being driven with a victim calling attention to herself (yelling, banging on window...). No notices of protection against anyone, no angry BFs, no one seen lurking around... Both had a social media presence - Holly by way of her country music singing cousin...
ETA: both were taken just outside their house - the perp doesn care if anyone is home, or knows it's empty, or whomever is home will not be a threat?

Especially since the phone and bag were left to be found anyway...there was no way, IMO, to know that Sierra would not be known to be missing for 11 hours or so...even if the person happened to know the school policy, they wouldn't have any way of knowing that Sierra was not in regular contact during the day with her mom and that her mom would not call the school much earlier... making me believe that she probably went willingly at first...

I know it is possible that a total stranger was able to take her in an instant without a sign, but I don't see it , personally. She was not a 7-yr old, she is 15 and a pretty street-smart girl, probably. I think there would be likely to be SOME sign of an altercation...JMOJMOJMO

I dont know. I guess I have just seen so many of these cases where it seemed everything that day worked in the favor of the kidnapper.

Dru Sojin (sp?) was 19 or 20 wasnt she? She was able to be kidnapped from a mall parking lot in broad daylight so I dont think the age of the victim has much relevance. Even women much older than Dru and Sierra have gone with their stranger perp.

IMO

Good points! Yes, it is odd the similarities! Add to that that both were taken from locations considered out-of-the-way. Scent of victims did not go far (Holly just to the woods). No one saw a car being driven with a victim calling attention to herself (yelling, banging on window...). No notices of protection against anyone, no angry BFs, no one seen lurking around... Both had a social media presence - Holly by way of her country music singing cousin...

And regretfully, I think both cases are going to wind up the same.

It is extremely hard to solve cases like Holly and Sierra's when there doesnt seem to be a link between the victim and abductor.

Those are the worst cases to solve.

I think that is why so many missiing persons cases go unsolved. The police just dont have a clue or identity of the perp. They may have a FBI profile but they have to find a perp to go with that profile and that is like looking for a needle in a haystack.

IMO

Exactly. I realize the mom is under duress; I sincerely hope the source of it is strictly because her daughter is missing and she has absolutely no inkling whatsoever of her daughter's whereabouts or what may have happened to her.

Frankly , in both the Bobo and now LaMar case, the family interviews seem to cause the most confusion and even suspicion. I have to believe "families" under this kind of emotional stress would be better served not giving interviews, and let the LE agencies be the ones to speak on their behalf.

Let's face it who of us would really be thinking clearly enough to convey our feelings, while trying to protect the integrity of the case the way LE has asked us to--Yikes, for me getting out of bed in the morning and figuring out my next move would be a thought process of epic proportion.

The public sure doesn't make it easy for the families , though. Look how much criticism Clint Bobo got for not speaking out, even accusations of his involvement in Holly's abduction---Like damned if you do , damned if you don't!:moo:

Frankly , in both the Bobo and now LaMar case, the family interviews seem to cause the most confusion and even suspicion. I have to believe "families" under this kind of emotional stress would be better served not giving interviews, and let the LE agencies be the ones to speak on their behalf.

Let's face it who of us would really be thinking clearly enough to convey our feelings, while trying to protect the integrity of the case the way LE has asked us to--Yikes, for me getting out of bed in the morning and figuring out my next move would be a thought process of epic proportion.

The public sure doesn't make it easy for the families , though. Look how much criticism Clint Bobo got for not speaking out, even accusations of his involvement in Holly's abduction---Like damned if you do , damned if you don't!:moo:

I actually think LE not only allows this sort of thing but openly encourages it.
If a family member is suspected you want them in a different setting to be on record making statements. Even if they are not suspects, they may open up a bit more on a venue different than say, down at the police station.
You want them to talk and talk and talk...

Sierra had only lived in that house since October, correct? So five months. That is not a long time and that road is a dead end with a cul de sac. It is very ballsy to grab someone esp not knowing if anyone is still inside (re: parents, etc) but then again maybe not so much... I agree with liz' last post... My friend (when we were in 5th grade) was kidnapped right off the street of our one stoplight town in the 80s and this was a time of day with lots of kids walking home, cars driving by, etc. So, it certainly does happen... that being said, I have always been stuck on Sierra's case with how the perp was driving around a dead end street to happen upon her. Then again maybe she made it further than what we think and what we have heard reported about the trail the dogs picked up...

Another thought running thru my head this morning (actually a question) was who lived in the house before they did? Was the boyfriend already living there? If someone else was living there could this perp be somehow be connected to the past renters, etc? Just a thought

I dont think he was driving around her cul de sac when he spotted her. I think he spotted her at the bus stop in the morning or getting off the bus and walking home in the afternoon. It wouldnt take much for him to see which house she went into or to see that Rick and Marlene left early in the mornings. Joesph Duncan even used nigh vision goggles and sat out of sight and watched what went on in the Greone home at night. He knew how many people lived there including adults and children.

I have read before that when predators like this strike they usually will stake out the surroundings for two or three days. Now if he is a neighbor or someone working in that area he wouldnt stand out anyway but then other neighbors dont seem to notice a lot of what goes on in their neighborhoods. People live very busy lives now and most work and come home to tend to their own family duties during the week.

IMO

True, but Clint was an eyewitness, the only person who could tell LE that an abduction have actually occurred before his eyes. And he is a grown man, not a teen or a child, so expectations that he would be able to clearly tell what he saw were greater, IMO.

And regretfully, I think both cases are going to wind up the same.

It is extremely hard to solve cases like Holly and Sierra's when there doesnt seem to be a link between the victim and abductor.

Those are the worst cases to solve.

I think that is why so many missiing persons cases go unsolved. The police just dont have a clue or identity of the perp. They may have a FBI profile but they have to find a perp to go with that profile and that is like looking for a needle in a haystack.
IMO

Do you think it's becoming more difficult? For a time perps were caught off guard by DNA (they weren't aware it would someday point back to them). Now-a-days, I think perps being aware of DNA know they must hide the body better and farther away. LE searching locally sadly seems to be an anachronistic effort.
In both Holly's and Sierra's cases, it's as if the perp has purposely left things close by to spur the local searches on...

I have wondered about that myself. Why was it well into the evening before Marlene found out that Sierra was not in school that day? Maybe she found out earlier but thought Sierra might have skipped school and was waiting for her to get home to deal with it? But, there is no evidence that Sierra was a skipper and if she wasn't there would be no reason for Marlene to just assume that she had skipped. If Sierra didn't skip and no one had reason to believe she had, did Sierra typically come home late from school some days? That seems more reasonable in that maybe she wasn't missed at home until that time.

Each family is different and decides what they think is best for them to do. I dont fault them for whatever decision they choose.

LE is just not in the business of quitening speculation in the public or even on message boards. They deal with facts and what they know only and what has been uncovered since the investigation began.

I think Marlene will continue to get the word out about her missing daughter until the media wants to drop the case because of no new developments.

I think all three has talked to LE everytime they asked and the POLICE have said that all three have remained very cooperative throughout the investigation. So imo, they are open if more questions are needed from LE. I havent heard that any of the three has obtained a lawyer. Imo, they know they dont need one.

I remember how much I wished that LE would have come out and ruled Mark Lunsford out and Steve Greone too since the media and MBs were crushing them in the ground night and day by falsely accusing them of harming their own children but LE never did. They only announced when the REAL suspects had been arrested.

I remember Mark Lunsford commenting one day on NGs show after Couey was arrested and he said what hurt him so much is what was being said about him and his parents on the internet.

But I think most family members just expects the chatter to happen but goes on with trying to find their missing loved one.

(snipped)

I have read before that when predators like this strike they usually will stake out the surroundings for two or three days. Now if he is a neighbor or someone working in that area he wouldnt stand out anyway but then other neighbors dont seem to notice a lot of what goes on in their neighborhoods. People live very busy lives now and most work and come home to tend to their own family duties during the week.

IMO

Also, these days lots of people have or take Fridays off if they are going out of town for the weekend. Maybe homes were vacant either because no one lived in them at the time or the residents were on a long weekend. Could explain why a perp would choose a Friday as opposed to another day of the week with similar routine in Sierra's home. JMO.

Do you think it's becoming more difficult? For a time perps were caught off guard by DNA (they weren't aware it would someday point back to them). Now-a-days, I think perps being aware of DNA know they must hide the body better and farther away. LE searching locally sadly seems to be an anachronistic effort.
In both Holly's and Sierra's cases, it's as if the perp has purposely left things close by to spur the local searches on...

I certainly do and the police even admit that. They are way more smarter than they were in yesteryears.

Even our own television shows teaches them to be smarter criminals.

I also think you are correct. While these people are of the core of evil imo they are not dummies. A lot of them are extremely intelligent and methodical. What better what to divert the police than plant the items close to where Sierra went missing? Meanwhile, Sierra's remains could be anywhere and the perp is laughing his azz of as he sees them search areas he knows she is not in.

IMO

If it means the difference between having a 5 minute head start and having a 12 hour head start, I'd spend the extra seconds to pick the stuff up to buy all that extra time before anyone starts to suspect she is missing.

Or even just the difference between a 5 minute head start and a 30 minute head start.

In 5 minutes, the perp could only be about 2-4 miles away.

In 30 minutes, the perp could be as far as 25 miles away. Definitely a long enough head start that it would be unlikely for police to be able to set up roadblocks.

That doesn't even take into account that many victims reflexively clutch what they are carrying when they are accosted.

Or even just the difference between a 5 minute head start and a 30 minute head start.

In 5 minutes, the perp could only be about 2-4 miles away.

In 30 minutes, the perp could be as far as 25 miles away. Definitely a long enough head start that it would be unlikely for police to be able to set up roadblocks.

That doesn't even take into account that many victims reflexively clutch what they are carrying when they are accosted.

It really wouldnt have made a difference if they had called sooner for Sierra would have been long gone by then.

Like Marc Klass has said many times. "for every minute your child is missing that means they are a mile away from where they disappeared' (paraphrasing)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member