OH - Three students killed in Chardon High School shooting, 27 Feb 2012

Most school districts have Alternative Schools for students. I know of two kids who do to illness or other reasons, missed a lot of school. They transfered over to the alternative school, who has no extra curricular activities and no elective courses. Both were good kids and ended up graduating early. You dont necessarily have to be a 'bad kid' to go to that type of school, but the majority of the students there are the trouble maker.

Students are saying the kid was bullied. Could it be that being bullied and then possibly having a friend start dating his ex push him over the edge?

Cleveland.com is identifying the deceased student as Daniel Parmentor. Sending love and prayers to his family and friends.

A boy with a similar last name (one letter different) is listed as one of the alleged shooter's FB "friends."

Medina police are sending patrol officers to all Medina City Schools Monday morning, hours after a shooting at Chardon High School.
Chief of Police Patrick Berarducci said the officers were deployed as a show of force and a precautionary measure.
Beraducci wants officers visible at all Medina schools.

Read more: http://www.newsnet5.com/dpp/news/lo...rs-to-schools-for-show-of-force#ixzz1nb29NrME

slightly o/t : I grew up near Medina...

Interesting that Medina was the only school to react so strongly (and that it's being reported as such). Word on the ground is that there was a copycat threat made.

One of the students - Daniel Parmertor - died shortly after arriving at Metro.

His family made the following statement:

"We are shocked by this senseless tragedy. Danny was a bright young boy who had a bright future ahead of him. The family is torn by this loss. We ask that you respect our privacy during this difficult time. "

No word on the conditions of the other victims at Metro.
http://www.woio.com/story/17024182/breaking-chardon

rest in peace Daniel.... prayers to your family and friends

That's the last name of one of the alleged shooter's FB friends. My heart goes out to the Parmertor family. Can't even imagine being in their shoes.

So the shooter wasn't "bullied," he was a jealous ex. I had a feeling, reading what the shooter had allegedly written, that this was over a girl. News reports say he is 17 which means he'll most likely be tried as an adult. And I can't see how this will be judged anything less than premeditated murder. Tragic all around.

Whenever I hear of these school shootings, my heart always goes out to the parents anxiously waiting to hear if their children are okay. And it breaks for the victims' parents who had every reason to believe their child was safe at school.

I didn't see that FB post as directed at an ex, as he says something like die, all of you at the end. Is there something else GF-related that I missed?

A boy with a similar last name (one letter different) is listed as one of the alleged shooter's FB "friends."

Doesnt mean he was a close friend. These kids have friends that they have never met on their FB pages....they are friends of friends and so on.

Does sound like this group of boys was targeted though, so maybe at one time they were all good friends.

Doesnt mean he was a close friend. These kids have friends that they have never met on their FB pages....they are friends of friends and so on.

Does sound like this group of boys was targeted though, so maybe at one time they were all good friends.

MSM has been reporting repeatedly via student interviews that he was friends ("hung out with") the students he shot.

As far as that fb post. He says that he wrote it in class. Well then, did the teacher read it? If I would have been that teacher, I certainly would have had a conversation with him about it, just to "feel him out" about what it all meant. And I most certainly would have shown it to the principal.

FOX just reporting that Federal Agents have just shown up at the home they were searching earlier. I'm thinking that once they got into that house, they found some very illegal and very questionable goings on. We did hear a rumor that he had had family problems.

JMHO

that is Danny's brother, it would seem (the last name is parmertor... only a few media outlets have spelled it correctly)

there is a link to danny's facebook on his brother's...

very very very sad (the brother is a 2011 lake academy grad per his fb)

MSM has been reporting repeatedly via student interviews that he was friends ("hung out with") the students he shot.

Thanks, I"m just able to read bits and pieces here and there about it.

If it had to do over the ex, wonder why he would shoot more than the one currently dating her? I guess we will find out more as time passes. As fast as this thread is going, I'll probably find out in another post as soon as I hit Submit!

I didn't see that FB post as directed at an ex, as he says something like die, all of you at the end. Is there something else GF-related that I missed?

"The castle" he takes down is female. He kills the "guards" and takes her (the castle) back. It just struck me as I read it that he was referring to a girl. (Again, I may be reading way too much into it.)

I am surmising this had to do with an ex. It's just a theory upon reading that one of the boys who was shot may have been dating the alleged shooter's ex.

I am surmising this had to do with an ex. It's just a theory upon reading that one of the boys who was shot may have been dating the alleged shooter's ex.

Thank you for the explanation :blowkiss: I'm also reading mixed reports about him being bullied. Some students saying he was and some saying no. Hopefully, we''ll get more details at the next presser.

I know there's a lot of speculation and nothing is clear, but on Twitter people are saying RIP not only to Danny, but to another boy as well. Is it all just rumors or has there been another death? I hope and pray that it's just rumors

I know there's a lot of speculation and nothing is clear, but on Twitter people are saying RIP not only to Danny, but to another boy as well. Is it all just rumors or has there been another death? I hope and pray that it's just rumors
Only one death has been officially reported. However, earlier it was reported that there were 3 in critical condition. The one in stable condition was the female.

JMHO

Again, I ask myself WHY? Why do these kids have to kill? :(

My view,and it may not be a popular one, is all these video games that kids play today (my son has played them, as well)...where you are a solider or something similar, and kill others....but in these games, all you have to do is press "reset" or "new game" and you get another try. I think it a) makes killing easy, and do-able, and b) gives kids an unrealistic view that death isn't "real".
It's just a temporary state of being, until you hit the reset button.

My view,and it may not be a popular one, is all these video games that kids play today (my son has played them, as well)...where you are a solider or something similar, and kill others....but in these games, all you have to do is press "reset" or "new game" and you get another try. I think it a) makes killing easy, and do-able, and b) gives kids an unrealistic view that death isn't "real".
It hasn't been reported that this kid was a gamer. BUT, it has been reported that neighbors have said they heard "target practice" shooting at that house. Kids that have real guns to shoot usually don't get all that involved in the games. Ther more coming out, I believe, is showing that this child was troubled and nobody took any interest to try to help.

JMHO

One of the students - Daniel Parmertor - died shortly after arriving at Metro.

His family made the following statement:

"We are shocked by this senseless tragedy. Danny was a bright young boy who had a bright future ahead of him. The family is torn by this loss. We ask that you respect our privacy during this difficult time. "

No word on the conditions of the other victims at Metro.
http://www.woio.com/story/17024182/breaking-chardon

rest in peace Daniel.... prayers to your family and friends

The link identified the shooter as 17 year old T.J. Lane. I have only heard one has died. This is the second school shooting in Cleveland area since 2007 when Asa Coon shot up Success Tech Academy.
[ame="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SuccessTech_Academy_shooting"]SuccessTech Academy shooting - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia[/ame]

oh_gal, my mother and I were discussing this tragedy earlier and we were saying the exact same thing. As a matter of fact, when my hubby and I were dating (many many moons ago), we would always argue about "censorship" and violent entertainment. I took the position that children should not be exposed to violent entertainment (movies, TV shows, games) and since we never could agree, I'd always end with: Let's revisit this in 20 years. 30-some years later and I can't resist saying "told ya so" when I remind him of our old debate.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Amberraff
Back