Penn State Sandusky scandal: AD arrested, Paterno fired, dies; cover-up charged #9

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have never been one of those "Joe Knew about 1998" people, but this may warrant a bit more investigation.

Agree...very fishy....but I have always believed he knew...he had to...JS was said to be great at his job and the main reason the last championship was won (I think there were 2?)....no way Paterno was not aware/advised of/or involved in these decisions made. I think he waited a while to see if it would come out publicly and when it did not, he used it to get rid of JS with the sweetner of the retirement deal (which really was not that big). I'm sure Paterno was glad to see him go and thought this worry was over. Imagine the shock and aggravation he had when it all blew up again. I really believe it contributed to his health going down hill so fast.

No, what Paterno did not do in 1998 was not a crime but IMO he helped cover up things for JS. If not, most of the victims and JS himself would not be in the situation we find today.

Pa. amends Sandusky charges, doesn’t add or withdraw counts

http://articles.philly.com/2012-05-...sky-lawyer-joseph-amendola-victim-allegations

HARRISBURG — State prosecutors on Friday added details in court documents about the criminal allegations against former Pennsylvania State University assistant football coach Jerry Sandusky, but did not add to or withdraw any of the 52 counts he faces.

The changes included identifying locations of alleged sexual abuse, including the Sandusky home in State College, university facilities, and hotels. In several cases, time frames were changed.

Chief Deputy Attorney General Frank Fina wrote that Sandusky’s legal team had been provided with extensive pretrial discovery that should satisfy concerns about proper notice or due process that might otherwise arise when a charging document is amended.
------

In the new revisions, one document for so-called Victim 1 has added that the allegations include oral sex and that the locations included Sandusky’s home, a State College hotel, and Central Mountain Middle School. For the boy described as Victim 4, new court papers spell out that the allegations include oral and anal sex, and that there were more than 50 “occurrences.”

More at link....

Waiting to see what the judges decision will be on dropping charges....

Posted: Wednesday, May 23, 2012, 11:53 AM
Penn State/Jerry Sandusky sex abuse scandal to be documentarized

It’s to be called Happy Valley, and it promises to be an in-depth and wrenching documentary about Jerry Sandusky, the Nittany Lions assistant football coach charged in a wide-reaching sexual abuse case................

Happy Valley is being produced by A&E IndieFilms in partnership with Asylum Entertainment. Jonathan Koch, president of Asylum, is a native of State College, and, in his youth, was a camp counselor for The Second Mile, the nonprofit organization for underprivileged kids founded by the Sanduskys.

Read more: http://www.philly.com/philly/blogs/...andal-to-be-documentarized.html#ixzz1viSMj7Zz
Watch sports videos you won't find anywhere else

More new articles:

Insurer, Jerry Sandusky attorneys clash in federal court

http://www.pennlive.com/midstate/index.ssf/2012/05/insurer_jerry_sandusky_insurer.html

..........Federal Insurance Co., which has paid at least $125,000 to Joe Amendola, Sandusky’s lead attorney, seeks a rare “public policy” ruling that would exempt an insurer from having to pay for costs incurred by an individual as a result of allegations of child sexual abuse.

Sources: Joe Amendola Considering 'Jury Consultant'

http://wearecentralpa.com/fulltext-news?nxd_id=372772

The judge still needs to rule on whether questionnaires will be allowed during the selection to help attorneys pick the jury.

Judge John Cleland's decision not to delay Jerry Sandusky's trial sends stiff message, surprises legal observers

http://www.pennlive.com/midstate/index.ssf/2012/05/judge_john_clelands_decision_n.html#incart_mce

.........And even those who were most surprised by Monday’s ruling agreed that as much as they might not like it, Sandusky’s lawyers will be hard-pressed to launch a winning appellate argument on this decision alone.

They will be able to use it post-trial only if they can show that lack of time for preparation caused an error — say, a potential defense witness who was never found or a key document that was not objected to — to be made at trial.
-------

Antkowiak noted that the judge has a better handle on the emerging prosecution and defense cases than anyone. Cleland seems to have reasoned that those cases are going to turn largely on issues of witness credibility.

If he’s satisfied Amendola is getting the information he needs to test that credibility in a timely fashion, and he also sees that there are not large new batches of documents or medical evidence to pore through, it becomes a matter of “what else do you need to be ready?” Antkowiak said.
-------

Concurrent with Monday’s ruling, Cleland established schedules for briefs on pending defense motions for dismissal of charges, and scheduled a May 30 hearing to deal with any other pre-trial issues that are still unresolved. .......

He earned it. He'd been paying into it for 61 years. I won't begrudge the estate that.

Thirteen MILLION dollars from a STATE Run University....cities in the State of Pennsylvania are declaring bankruptcy, people are out of jobs, classes at universities are being cut.......... $13,000,000 seems obscene for a football coach.

Thirteen MILLION dollars from a STATE Run University....cities in the State of Pennsylvania are declaring bankruptcy, people are out of jobs, classes at universities are being cut.......... $13,000,000 seems obscene for a football coach.

And i truly dom't believe that he didn't know at some point. slap in the face of the victims

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

Agree...very fishy....but I have always believed he knew...he had to...JS was said to be great at his job and the main reason the last championship was won (I think there were 2?)....no way Paterno was not aware/advised of/or involved in these decisions made. I think he waited a while to see if it would come out publicly and when it did not, he used it to get rid of JS with the sweetner of the retirement deal (which really was not that big). I'm sure Paterno was glad to see him go and thought this worry was over. Imagine the shock and aggravation he had when it all blew up again. I really believe it contributed to his health going down hill so fast.

No, what Paterno did not do in 1998 was not a crime but IMO he helped cover up things for JS. If not, most of the victims and JS himself would not be in the situation we find today.

"Fishy," and I agree it is, doesn't constitute "knowledge." If there was any, it was after the DA was involved (5/13/98).

It didn't come from Penn State, but from the State Retirement fund.

"Fishy," and I agree it is, doesn't constitute "knowledge." If there was any, it was after the DA was involved (5/13/98).

Well, don't know if that is proven or not either...I've stated it is my opinion Paterno knew from the first and believe something will eventually come out that shows this. Again, IMO

He doesn't need a consultant; he has us.

LOL...don't think a bunch of anonymous people on a forum who mostly are against his client will help him much....he doesn't know our demographics.....wonder if JS is considering a plea deal at this point, if nothing else but to spare his wife and family from hearing all the details.

LOL...don't think a bunch of anonymous people on a forum who mostly are against his client will help him much....he doesn't know our demographics.....wonder if JS is considering a plea deal at this point, if nothing else but to spare his wife and family from hearing all the details.

Looking back at JS's behavior over the years - his willingness to continue going to his office on campus, to continue living in Happy Valley, his remaining on at Second Mile - his attempts to secure other coaching jobs....just to name a few things, makes me think JS won't take a plea deal. It is all about "JER" and denial.

It didn't come from Penn State, but from the State Retirement fund.

I'm wondering if pension contributions working for the state in Pa. are the same as other states. In Al. and Fl. where I worked, the employee did contribute to their own pension, but the employer matched the contribution. So some of those funds might have been from the univ. Does anybody know if it is the same in Pa.?

When he could talk to the press, he could see how arguments would play.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jemabogado