CO - Nathaniel Tallman, 25, Lafayette, 21 Jan 2014

I'm so glad there has been a break. I just can't help feel a bit frustrated that his car was sitting there a week. Perhaps if he had more coverage someone would have called it in earlier.

I agree… and the article said that people thought it had been there "about a week". I wonder if it's possible it had been there the entire time and no one noticed.

To me that would make a difference as to whether he possibly parked the car there and never returned to it, or if someone else parked his car there.

Surveillance in the area? I'm sure they MUST be looking into that too.

I'm also surprised that not only did regular people not spot or call on the car sooner… but LE didn't notice either? Anyone from the area familiar with where the car was found? Busy street? Side street? You'd think if a person is missing, with such a distinct car, and surrounding LE had been notified of the disappearance… it would have stuck out like a sore thumb!

Has anyone got any updates? Any searches or leads as to where he may be?

:bump:

I wish the FB page was more active and they answered questions that people have posted.

I can't find anything new regarding his case. I really thought locating his car would get things moving :(

I was stopping in to see if there is any news. Is anybody dogging the LE for updates at least? Search parties?

I don't understand the lack of info and news in this case. What are LE thinking? Foul play? A walk away on his own? Drug related? Accident?

The silence is deafening.

A local reporter is relentlessly posting on their donation page asking to do a follow up story on Nate, but it appears that no one is responding to her. I don't understand this. Families beg for media attention in these cases and here it looks like they are almost avoiding it.

A local reporter is relentlessly posting on their donation page asking to do a follow up story on Nate, but it appears that no one is responding to her. I don't understand this. Families beg for media attention in these cases and here it looks like they are almost avoiding it.

It is strange when that happens in cases. Maybe there's lots more to the story....
Reminds me just slightly of the Susan Jacobson case in California, where Missing Susan was in the news for several months, then it's like pulling teeth to get people close to Susan to talk about her. Very Strange!!
IMOO.

One thing that a lot of people don't realize, when you disappear you lose your privacy. LE dumps your phone records, FB account, bank accounts, credit cards, and many times go through your computer in a forensic way. All to find you.

IMO many times a family may find out things they didn't know before. Not necessarily what is happening here. I would hope that at least the family would get a spokesperson to handle press, etc. Nate deserves at least that.

Something I noticed with this case is that everything is new - new car, new home, new life etc.

With this new info regarding assistance from the drug taskforce, I'm wondering if this is how he afforded all his "newness."

With this new info regarding assistance from the drug taskforce, I'm wondering if this is how he afforded all his "newness."

And if that is true, it could be why people aren't speaking up much, and why this case isn't much in the news.....
IMOO.

Just checking in to see if there has been any news or updates.

I realize there's still a small market for street dealers, but since pot was legalized, I don't think it would be easy to get rid of that amount. The dispensaries have to get the pot from legal grow operations. This is heavily regulated. This kind of thing is one of the reasons why I voted for legalization of marijuana-for the state to take control of the sales of pot and put dealers out of business. This is a weird case. Thanks for your insight, paradoxmoi and welcome to webslueths!

I have been hoping for some good news. If and when there are any updates please let us know. I am so sorry. Obviously the family has been notified.

I want to hear from this friend he was supposedly meeting that night in Longmont.

http://www.thedenverchannel.com/news/local-news/police-investigate-whether-body-in-wyo-is-nathanial-tallman-lafayette-man-missing-since-jan-2303142014

"Then on Thursday, police say a body was discovered just north of Lusk, Wyoming. The Wyoming Division of Criminal Investigations processed the crime scene and notified Lafayette Police Department of the discovery.

"We are currently waiting for a positive identification before any further information is released," Lafayette police said in a statement Friday."

From this link:

"Lusk, with a population of about 1,567, is a small plains community east of Casper, near the Nebraska state line. It is the county seat of Niobrara County, the least populated county in the nation's least populated state.

Erin Applegarth, a dispatcher for the Niobrara County Sheriff's Office, said the body was discovered just off Wyo. State Highway 85. She was not able to say why Colorado authorities were notified of its discovery."

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vjeanine
Back