Found Deceased SC - Brittanee Drexel, 17, Myrtle Beach, 25 April 2009 - #9

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are lucky to have such a collective group of bright minds on here. I have felt for a while there was some type of wildcard going on here with the POI's. They named Peter so easily with almost nothing on him. Yet these guys are being protected even with police saying "they know what happened to her." The youth/race factor or a combination of both is apparent to me. If they are students, the school system itself may have asked them not to name them to draw attention to the school, until they have enough for a conviction, so it's in and out case closed. If it's another factor, Dawn is pretty well connected with the national media outlets and that won't be a good thing for the Gtown/MB area.

We are nearing the end of this investigation. I think there is a level of politics involved. The police will want to minimize the black eye this area has to take. The best thing they can do is say they have these guys off the streets.

To clear up which camera caught B walking back to her hotel, here is a picture of it:

25591_401631014056_638989056_3772331_7499455_n.jpg

I want to tell everyone how moving Brittanee's vigil was this evening. So good to see the big turnout. Lot's of family and other supporters there as well as other parents/relatives of missing persons. So hard to see BD's Mom and Dad and sister going through what they are going through and the sadness of the situation.

Keep praying for Brittanee and hope that she comes home very soon!

One year vigil in honor of missing Chili teen
Posted at: 04/24/2010 10:14 PM | Updated at: 04/24/2010 10:22 PM

Tomorrow marks a year since a Chili teenager went missing while on Spring Break in Myrtle Beach, South Carolina.

Tonight, Brittanee Drexel's family and friends, wearing shirts and pins with her picture, marched the route where she was last seen.

They held a candlelight vigil and begged for someone to come forward.

"We want the person who took in brittanee to please bring her back to us," said Dawn Drexel. "You know this whole year has been a hell for me, for my family, for her brother, for her sister," said Dawn Drexel.

More at link...
http://www.whec.com/news/stories/S1529053.shtml?cat=566

One year later, Brittanee Drexel's family honors the missing spring breaker in MB
By Graeme Moore
Saturday, April 24, 2010 at 9:29 p.m.

Sunday will mark one year since missing spring breaker Brittanee Drexel disappeared from Ocean Boulevard in Myrtle Beach.

Saturday night, friends and family held a march and vigil in her honor.

It was a chance for Drexel's loved ones to show they haven't given up hope. This past year has been filled with painful ups and downs and still one year later they have very few clues into her disappearance.

It was Saturday, April 25th of last year - this very weekend - when the Brittanee Drexel, then 17, vanished.

The teen, from Rochester, New York, was on spring break. She was last seen leaving the Blue Water Resort on Ocean Boulevard.

More at link...
http://www.carolinalive.com/news/story.aspx?id=448154

"On the anniversary we have learned police now have a location of interest, where they think Brittanee Drexel's body may be."

So, then... why haven't they gone to get it? If they have and they haven't found her then why do they still think she is there?

I suppose this quote could still hold true if the area is vast. Such as "in the forest" or "in the river."

The statement "very few clues in her disappearance" I thought they had alot with what they have been saying about POI's?

42410_drexel_jbm02.standalone.prod_affiliate.78.JPG

A year after Brittanee Drexel was last seen in Myrtle Beach, a candle is lit at Hurl Rock Park off Ocean Boulevard on April 24, 2010. Drexel was last seen at nearby Blue Water Resort at 2001 South Ocean Boulevard. About 100 others joined her family for a 30 block walk to the park from where she had been staying at Bar Harbor Motor Inn. The candles were decorated by Charleston County children.

42410_drexel_jbm05.standalone.prod_affiliate.78.JPG

42410_drexel_jbm07.standalone.prod_affiliate.78.JPG

Joining in a march for Brittanee Drexel, people hold signs for other missing people as they walk past Family Kingdom on April 24, 2010. Photo by Janet Blackmon Morgan

42410_drexel_jbm09.standalone.prod_affiliate.78.JPG

42410_drexel_jbm10.standalone.prod_affiliate.78.JPG

42410_drexel_jbm12.standalone.prod_affiliate.78.JPG

42410_drexel_jbm14.standalone.prod_affiliate.78.JPG

42410_drexel_jbm17.standalone.prod_affiliate.78.JPG

42410_drexel_jbm18.standalone.prod_affiliate.78.JPG

42410_drexel_jbm19.standalone.prod_affiliate.78.JPG

42410_drexel_jbm23.standalone.prod_affiliate.78.JPG

More pics at link
http://www.thesunnews.com/2010/04/2...drexel_jbm03.standalone.prod_affiliate.78.JPG

One year after Drexel's disappearance Sharing in sadness
Families of the missing gather for support
By Jake Spring
Sunday, Apr. 25, 2010

Chad Drexel walked down Ocean Boulevard on Saturday night and pointed across the street, angling his Blackberry to take a picture.

"That's the camera over the visitors center board that got Brittanee," Chad Drexel said.

The camera produced some of the last pictures of Brittanee Drexel, Chad's daughter, before the New York teen disappeared on April 25, 2009.

One year later to the day, the Drexels and a crowd of supporters gathered to march the same length of road where Brittanee was last seen in an event to both remember and raise awareness of missing persons. They marched on Ocean Boulevard from Bar Harbor Motor Inn, where Drexel was staying on a trip to Myrtle Beach, to a candlelight vigil next to the Blue Water Hotel, where she was last seen leaving.

More at link...
http://www.thesunnews.com/2010/04/25/1440817/sharing-in-sadness.html

A Vigil for Brittanee
Last Update: 4/24 11:20 pm

Sunday, April 25, marks the one year anniversary of Chili teen Brittanee Drexel's disappearance while on a spring break trip to Myrtle Beach, South Carolina.

Drexel's family and friends took part in a march and vigil Saturday evening, hoping to once again bring attention to the case.

The march began at the Bar Harbor Motel, where Brittanee was staying last year, and ended with a vigil near the Blue Water Resort, where she was last seen.

Investigators and search crews have spent the last year combing an area in Georgetown County -- the last place they were able to track signals from Drexel's cell phone.

Story.jpg

More at link...
http://www.13wham.com/news/local/story/A-Vigil-for-Brittanee/sIcLA4PbUEyU4vbFDHD9fg.cspx

Remembering Brittanee Drexel at Vigil in Myrtle Beach
04/24/10 11:51 pm

Myrtle Beach, SC - Family and friends of Brittanee Drexel, missing for nearly a year, came together to pray and hope for her safe return. With heavy hearts, the family met in the parking lot of the Bar Harbor Motel sharing hugs and tears.

They were met by parents and relatives of other missing persons, a community tied to each other by a bond they never wanted to share. Drexel’s mother, wearing a tee-shirt bearing her missing daughters face, described the anguish she and her family live with everyday.

"It’s a nightmare, Drexel said. “You never wake up, it’s horrible, the most horrible thing you ever want to go through as a parent.”

More at link...
http://www.wciv.com/news/stories/0410/729342.html

Emotional vigil honors anniversary of teen's disappearance
Posted: Apr 24, 2010 11:49 PM EDT
Updated: Apr 24, 2010 11:49 PM EDT

MYRTLE BEACH, SC (WMBF) - It's a position no mother would ever want to find herself in, but one year after the disappearance of her daughter, Dawn Drexel has returned to the Grand Strand begging for a break in her daughter's case.

Brittanee Drexel was on Spring Break from the Rochester, NY, area when she was last seen at a Myrtle Beach resort along Ocean Boulevard on April 25, 2009. Since then, police and investigators say the teen is nowhere to be found, and now they're on the hunt for someone who knows what happened to Brittanee the night she went missing.

More than 40 people marked the one-year anniversary of Brittanee's disappearance Saturday evening with an emotional 20-block march down South Ocean Boulevard. The line of family, friends and supporters walked from the resort the teen was staying at while on Spring Break, to the place she was last seen alive.

It may seem like the Drexel family is returning to square one with no significant leads under their belt, but this time around for Brittanee's mother, the one-year anniversary is more than a reality check.

12370862_BG1.jpg

12370862_BG2.jpg

12370862_BG3.jpg

12370862_BG4.jpg

More at link...
http://www.wmbfnews.com/Global/story.asp?S=12370862

I think it's a really shameful thing that none of the "friends" that B went to MB with made the trip again for the vigil (that we know of). I think they could have at least done that.

mlatta: I noticed you were thanked on KD's FB wall. Thank you for making such a big difference!

24972_1353877260335_1633547747_843051_44970_n.jpg

24972_1353877340337_1633547747_843053_3023167_n.jpg

24972_1353876700321_1633547747_843037_7363401_n.jpg

24972_1353876780323_1633547747_843039_5854522_n.jpg

24972_1353876860325_1633547747_843041_4589093_n.jpg

24972_1353876900326_1633547747_843042_7190450_n.jpg

24972_1353876980328_1633547747_843044_8325186_n.jpg

24972_1353877140332_1633547747_843048_1727328_n.jpg

These are all such beautiful photos, but I wish they didn't have to exist.

Myrtle Beach march, vigil mark anniversary of Brittanee Drexel's disappearance
Ernst Lamothe Jr. • Staff writer • April 25, 2010

For the families of missing persons, anniversaries can evoke fond memories or devastating reminders of the past.

The Drexel family understands that today likely will involve both emotions.

Three hundred and sixty-five days ago today, Brittanee Drexel walked through the sliding doors of the Bar Harbor Motel in Myrtle Beach, S.C., sporting brown hair with blond highlights and wearing a multi-colored shirt, black shorts and flip-flops.

That image of Brittanee — at the time a 17-year-old junior at Gates Chili High School — walking out of the South Carolina motel during an impromptu spring break trip remains frozen in relatives' minds.

bilde

More at link...
http://www.democratandchronicle.com/article/20100425/NEWS01/4250339/1002/NEWS

Looks like I've hijacked the thread again.

I can't sleep.

Today marks exactly one year that Brittanee has been missing. I'm so depressed that it has gone on this long with little to no answers about where she is or what happened to her. Luckily recent developments prove hopeful and it looks good that answers may be on their way. Please continue to pray for Brittanee, her family, and all of her friends that have endured the pain of not knowing where their loved one is for a full year. And pray that this next year brings about the answers needed to bring Brittanee home to where she belongs.

"When the world says, 'give up,' hope whispers, 'try it one more time.'"

I think it's a really shameful thing that none of the "friends" that B went to MB with made the trip again for the vigil (that we know of). I think they could have at least done that.

LLindsayy, As do I. Thank you for sharing all of these pic with us. I wasn't able to go down to MB but, I was there in spirit. I can't keep my mind off Brittanee this weekend.

Looks like I've hijacked the thread again.

I can't sleep.

Today marks exactly one year that Brittanee has been missing. I'm so depressed that it has gone on this long with little to no answers about where she is or what happened to her. Luckily recent developments prove hopeful and it looks good that answers may be on their way. Please continue to pray for Brittanee, her family, and all of her friends that have endured the pain of not knowing where their loved one is for a full year. And pray that this next year brings about the answers needed to bring Brittanee home to where she belongs.

"When the world says, 'give up,' hope whispers, 'try it one more time.'"

Your fine go ahead and get it all out in the open it helps, everyone has to vent. This is a terrible tradgedy. I am glad that Brittanee and her family has you and all of these people here on their side. I can only image what a help and comfort it must be. Yesteday I had my melt down. I did not want to see today come without a miracle but, the day isn't over. I wasn't expecting news a couple of weeks ago about poi's and that news came, so maybe today news of a arrest will come. I wish I could make those memorial videos like others do for Britt I am hoping someone will make one today so we can kinda have our own little tribute on the web for her. I am going to be lighting a candle for her later on tonight.

Your fine go ahead and get it all out in the open it helps, everyone has to vent. This is a terrible tradgedy. I am glad that Brittanee and her family has you and all of these people here on their side. I can only image what a help and comfort it must be. Yesteday I had my melt down. I did not want to see today come without a miracle but, the day isn't over. I wasn't expecting news a couple of weeks ago about poi's and that news came, so maybe today news of a arrest will come. I wish I could make those memorial videos like others do for Britt I am hoping someone will make one today so we can kinda have our own little tribute on the web for her. I am going to be lighting a candle for her later on tonight.

I can make one. What would you like included?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ignoreme123