Services Wanted

Timex

Retired WS Staff
Reaction score
Need someone well versed in advertising/public relations with experience and or knowledge in fundraising. Reasonable fees a must.

Timex said:
Need someone well versed in advertising/public relations with experience and or knowledge in fundraising. Reasonable fees a must.
Hi Timex.
Coincidentally, I just received an email from a friend who is doing some fundraising. I noticed at the bottom of his site was the link to the fundraising tool he is using. Don't know if this will help or not, but thought I'd forward it anyway.

http://www.theactivenetwork.com/index.cfm?publicationID=289

Hi JBean, my nephew is in politics, that is what he does, fundraising as well as lobbying, and is working for a democratic senator now. I will see if he can check into it. Feel free to email me.

Betty

Hi Timex,

I am pretty good on the fundraising end. Let me know what you might need and maybe I can help.

Feel free to PM me.

hiya;

We have 5 instruments to be used in fundraisers.

Right now we are holding a raffle at the Floyd County Jamboree to raffle off a fiddle autographed by Charlie Daniels.

In April, we hold a raffle at a local calf roping event to raffle off a guitar autographed by Mel Tillis.

We will be holding a Kareoke(sp) contest April 5th, where all contestants must perform a Sawyer Brown song. They must also dress the part. Winner will get a guitar autographed by the members of Sawyer Brown.

That leaves us with a guitar autographed by Lee Greenwood, and a guitar autographed by Daryl Worley. Looking for ideas to use these 2 guitars in fundraising efforts.

We will also be doing a radio challenge, where local businesses phone in a pledge, then challenge another business to do the same. Because we are such a small town, with no big business here, pledges will be $50.00.

We have till the end of may to raise about $50,000, so hopefully between all of these events we will meet our goal.

I did check out ebay...there are already so many autographed instruments listed...and very few seem to be selling.

What about an organize run? There are two runs coming up soon here. One is targeting middle school kids to run/walk. They have to pay a $25 registration fee, and then get sponsers. My friend's daughter has a webpage where we can donate. The other is a cancer run. I don't know the specifics on that but I know they charge to run. People love to enter these things. I don't know how fast you could put one together, but maybe consider it.

Hi Timex!

Just a thought. Perhaps you could contact a local tv station to do a human interest story. Try the closest big city. You could invite them to come the night of the Kareoke fundraiser. You might get donations from viewers.

We're in So. Cal and the LA stations do this sort of thing all the time. Maybe your radio stations too.

Good luck.

:blowkiss:

fran

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member