http://www.deseretnews.com/article/7...ing-Utahn.html

Previous Threads:

Thread #1 Thread #2

Thread #3 Thread #4

Thread #5 Thread #6

Can't reply now, had to move it here:
seekingsusan

Ok, I have a few questions/concerns about the timeline

- I thought we determined that Steven used the cash from his boss to buy groceries (because it never showed up on his bank records).

I have no information about any deposits made to his account, only the expenditures his family believes were tied to the last week before he disappeared. Do you have the info?

Yet on the timeline we have him buying groceries before his boss paid him. Where is Steven getting money?

The timeline clearly states "unknown if on this date" (Dec 8th) for the $100 payment. The Dec 8th sighting by Travis was portrayed as the last time Travis said he saw him.

We don't even know if Steven was really buying groceries when his Dad talked to him, or if he used the credit-debit card(s). It sounds like he was earning a bit of money from the window-washing job, but spending it as he wished, not really as he should have. Unless it was so little, he figured it wouldn't knock down the amount he was in debt.

- Also, if Steven's boss did pay him $100.00 on the 8th, why was he using his debit card for everything on the 9th and 10th, especially a charge for $3.64 at Taco Time?

That was a cash transaction, verified on the "receipts" page as not showing on the bank statement.

Based on these issues, I think it makes more sense that Steven got paid between December 1st and 6th, and by the time he left town on the 8th - 9th, the cash was gone.

Another thing.....I think it's likely that AN's family is incorrect about the date of Steven's visit. Frankly, (and no offense to country folks) when I am not in front of a computer every day (for work) or going to school, all the days seem to run together. If these people are working on a ranch day in and day out - not writing the date down on work correspondence, reading dated emails, etc. - it makes sense that looking back, it would be difficult to recall exactly what day they had lunch with Steven. Do we know what evidence Naegle had for changing the date? I think Steven was in Ruby Valley on the 8th.

Travis Hansen said he saw Steven on the 8th....and that he gave Steven the $100 "shortly before he disappeared". The timeline doesn't state that he got paid on the 8th.

I'm still thinking Ruby Valley on the 10th is more logical....because otherwise, why would he drive back north on I-15 to eat at Taco Time and buy Flying J gas the day after the Temple visit on the 9th?

We've either got one sensible trip, or two...separated by a manic drive to the St George temple, and then back up I-15 again.

Ok, so I went back and read the "Yosemite" story in the last thread. Wow, had no idea about that!

Makes you wonder how many of our "guests" lurking are guilty of something.

Excellent post about the "Yosemite" murders. Great illustration as to how he planted clues to divert attention. In this case, my best guess would be that the car itself was planted in AC. By whom is another matter altogether.

Thanks to everyone for putting their heads together!

I've moved the Ruby Valley visit to Dec 10th -- and now, there's a logical sequence for the receipts.

Take and look -- and if you have more ideas, PLEASE mention them.

Excellent post about the "Yosemite" murders. Great illustration as to how he planted clues to divert attention. In this case, my best guess would be that the car itself was planted in AC. By whom is another matter altogether.

....and we have an almost two hour gap between the last phone call from his fellow EQ members, and that video.

Does the family know where the cell ping was when voice mail was called,? And if they do is there a reason they do not want it known?

On the timeline at 7:57AM on the 13th it says "Webb says he's enroute to St George himself, so will cover it himself."

But yet at the 10:15AM "Webb hasn't yet arrived at the PEC meeting" According to travel times..

if he was already in route Shouldn't he have been there..

Also.. Why call Steven to replace him at a meeting that he is on his way to? I don't call in replacements for a meeting I am on my way to. Do you??

Wow, Steven's thread seemed to be lagging for awhile but is it ever on a roll again now! Sorry Laytonian, I wish I could help more in deciphering the driving/receipt times but as I'm not at all familiar with that part of the country or its routes and landscapes its hard for me to visualize where he was going and when. You seem to be doing a fabulous job of it though!

I just get a feeling there is a ton of denial going on among Steven's family, friends and church members. If they really do want to find out what happened to Steven and bring him home, why haven't they organized themselves and/or congregated to figure this thing out? It seems as though if all of the people in Steven's life would get together and collaborate like we here on WS are doing, and if they were really honest with each other regarding anything known or presumed about Steven, they'd be very close to finding out what happened to this very special guy.

Does the family know where the cell ping was when voice mail was called,? And if they do is there a reason they do not want it known?

"Las Vegas area" is what we were told early on, and it was one of the first entries on the timeline.

Steven was clearly at the end of his rope, IMO. Just turned 30 (does anyone know when exactly his birthday is?), unemployed, unmarried, perhaps close to being kicked out of the singles ward, frustrated with his family, about to be evicted from his apartment, behind on car payments...being in this sort of situation would lead a lot of people to desperation...in what regard though? Running away (again, with what money/resources)? Or by taking a sketchy position/job to earn some extra cash and freedom? It has to be one of the two, it just has to be. And I'm sorry but GW is not off the hook with me yet. I'd like to take what he says at face value, but there's just something about him that I do not trust. If Steven were my brother, I'd be camped out on GW's doorstep 24/7 until I got some truthful answers.

Mia,
November 1st IIRC. Under the sign of Scorpio. Never can count them out, their will to win is very intense.Even if they keep it hidden.

On the timeline at 7:57AM on the 13th it says "Webb says he's enroute to St George himself, so will cover it himself."

But yet at the 10:15AM "Webb hasn't yet arrived at the PEC meeting" According to travel times..

if he was already in route Shouldn't he have been there..

Also.. Why call Steven to replace him at a meeting that he is on his way to? I don't call in replacements for a meeting I am on my way to. Do you??

Yup. Seems odd. Nope. ;)

I meant was it more specific. I probably did not word it right.

If we had more specific information, we'd be beating down someone's door ;)

Really. That's all we've been told. And...I think it's probably correct. After all, it seems that all the searches organized by LE have been centered on the SCA "Vegas area" area.

Thanks to everyone for putting their heads together!

I've moved the Ruby Valley visit to Dec 10th -- and now, there's a logical sequence for the receipts.

Take and look -- and if you have more ideas, PLEASE mention them.

Not an idea, but a question. The reference to the video showing a man in a hoodie, jeans and tennis shoes......What? I hadn't noticed that description before. I don't see any of that in that video. Am I blind?

Not an idea, but a question. The reference to the video showing a man in a hoodie, jeans and tennis shoes......What? I hadn't noticed that description before. I don't see any of that in that video. Am I blind?

I have thougth that has always been on there but every time I watch it, I wonder how they can tell myself.

The missing flyer says docker pants white shirt and tennis shoes. That is the description I went by for the youtube video.
NCMA says hoodie ,jeans and tennis shoes.

I don't know why I didn't think of this before - since I knew it existed! I'm attaching the February 2010 issue of the magazine published by the Sun City Anthem Community Association. I found no mention of Steven, which I suppose wouldn't be something they'd want to publicize to their residents. BUT, you can purchase ad space and I wonder if the family has considered doing that?

I haven't been able to find past issues of this mag, but I will try. Maybe there was something about Steven in the January issue (doubt it).

Couple of interesting things I noticed. It appears as though the security force is volunteer. And there are so many community centers in Anthem - I wonder if the family was able to post Steven's fliers in any or all of them?

http://sca-hoa.org/picture/february_10_final.pdf

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member